Forum Settings
Forums

Why is it so hard to find a good husband these days?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

hmm...
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/26/technology/rhode-island-tinder-stds/

Too bad for them for not using protection. I don't blame casual sex. I don't blame guns for killing people but whoever pulled the trigger.

"Don't blame the action, blame the object because I blame the action, not the object"...
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 1, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
i subvert the 'expectation' by not wanting to have a spouse or any children, so i don't care one way or the other
a partnership doesn't even have to be solidified by marriage to be considered meaningful, the idea that it does to me is traditionalist as f, the only reason marriage exists is to assure assets in a relationship, it's a contract, a contract i'd rather not be bound to if i ever have a successful relationship
Jul 1, 2016 10:24 AM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Too bad for them for not using protection. I don't blame casual sex. I don't blame guns for killing people but whoever pulled the trigger.

"Don't blame the action, blame the object because I blame the action, not the object"...

I blame the people who committed the act for not being careful, rather than the act itself.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 1, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

I blame the people who committed the act for not being careful, rather than the act itself.

this.
sex isn't the problem, having risky sexual habits is. as much as the prudes would like to believe sex is the problem, it isn't, stupid people are.
we shouldn't have to enforce a social agenda of celibacy or celibacy until marriage because of a few idiots who perpetuate the conservative belief that "sex is evil".
Jul 1, 2016 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
clandestine said:
i subvert the 'expectation' by not wanting to have a spouse or any children, so i don't care one way or the other
a partnership doesn't even have to be solidified by marriage to be considered meaningful, the idea that it does to me is traditionalist as f, the only reason marriage exists is to assure assets in a relationship, it's a contract, a contract i'd rather not be bound to if i ever have a successful relationship

Pretty much this. The only reason I would be compelled to get married is for the tax benefits or whatever cause I'm cheap af. So unless I knock someone up, why bother?
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jul 1, 2016 10:41 AM

Aug 2013
You are probably not good looking enough to attract one.
Jul 3, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2015
Yumadu-nii said:
Whenever I date a guy, almost every time he turns out to be some immature manchild who can't hold down a stable well-paying job. Why is it so hard to find mature, successful men these days? It's so bad I'm starting to consider dating much older men.

I'm in my early 20s in case you're wondering.

Why don't you try dating somebody that already has a stable well-paying job?? And dating an old man will fuck you later (not literally the equipment gives out after a bit) when you are changing his diapers.
Jul 3, 2016 11:16 AM

Feb 2008
Requiring your significant other to make a bunch of money for your sake is honestly really gross.

If money is such an issue then the wife is perfectly capable of working as well. And if you just want to be pampered your whole life like a princess, without doing anything to deserve it, then how about this-- don't complain when the so-called "good" guys you're looking for avoid you and date respectable women instead.
Jul 3, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
Wow you're such gold digger weeb. If I was older than you and you tried dating me I would just use you for sex and not give you any of my money unless you get on your knees lick my feet.
Jul 3, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
I am old enough to get married and have kids but I am a virgin and prefer a 2d girlfriend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
Zeus- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

protection's not a guarantee, lol. there's a reason casual sex is called risky behavior.

speaking of, why don't you use tinder if you're so supportive of casual sex?
How do you know he doesn't have a tinder? Unless you've fucked everyone on tinder and...Holy shit you've fucked everyone on Tinder haven't you? In which case, All Hail Zeus!!
Jul 3, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2015
Why do you all find it hard to accept a woman seeking this in a man? There's loads of men looking for women like this, that's why sugardaddies exist, they enjoy it much as the women do
Jul 3, 2016 5:08 PM

Feb 2014
might wanna travel back to 19th century California

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jul 3, 2016 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
Why should a man with a well paying job waste money pampering your spoiled ass when there are women out there with a similar drive to be successful? If your only use is doing household chores that every adult should already be capable of and shutting out kids maybe you should hit up Craigslist or your local trailer park.
Jul 4, 2016 12:03 AM

May 2015
Zeus- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

protection's not a guarantee, lol. there's a reason casual sex is called risky behavior.

So is mountain climbing and swordfighting. Is that a reason to stop?
Jul 4, 2016 12:35 AM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

Right, so you blame parents for giving birth because it's not careful to antinatalism, but you won't blame giving birth itself?

wat
Jul 4, 2016 12:44 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Zeus- said:

What is with you and false equivalencies, jesus. It is a fact that STDs get spread quicker with causal sex than with monogamous sex and no form of protection is 100% for STDs or pregnancy.

clandestine said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

this.
sex isn't the problem, having risky sexual habits is. as much as the prudes would like to believe sex is the problem, it isn't, stupid people are.
we shouldn't have to enforce a social agenda of celibacy or celibacy until marriage because of a few idiots who perpetuate the conservative belief that "sex is evil".
Wow, love how I'm suddenly a prude and "Sex is evil" conservative for merely stating a fact that STDs and unwanted pregnancies happen more in casual sex. Also, stating an opinion and presenting a fact based argument about it isn't trying to 'enforce a social agenda", fucking moron.

ThrashMattoJul 4, 2016 12:51 AM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 4, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
Why is it so hard to find a good husband these days?

Because they can afford self-sufficient, active professionals with figures in the rapidly diminishing percentage of women who aren't either obese or overweight.

or...

they're slaving away at work having been fucked over by an egregiously one-sided judicial system and "good" women.
Jul 4, 2016 2:43 AM

May 2015
Zeus- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

for most, yes it is, a very valid reason to stop

like I said before though, do you put your money where your mouth is? why don't you use tinder and increase your risk of STDs? if you're so confident in that lifestyle, why not prove that it's fine by having lots of sex without getting HIV or herpes?

This isn't about me. Don't make this about me. Stay on-topic.

But risk isn't a reason to not do something. It's important to be aware of the risk and take precautions against it (Where protective clothing when swordfighting, fight with people who'll be mindful if you get severely hurt). If I didn't do anything that was risky, I wouldn't do anything.

Nico- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Right, so you blame parents for giving birth because it's not careful to antinatalism, but you won't blame giving birth itself?

wat

I consider birth immoral since no one can consent to living, and no one gains anything by being born. Non-existence means no suffering and no needing to be happy. Being born is creating a need machine that doesn't need to exist.

This isn't about antinatalism. If you want to talk about it, PM me or something.
Jul 4, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
merryfistmas said:
Why should a man with a well paying job waste money pampering your spoiled ass when there are women out there with a similar drive to be successful? If your only use is doing household chores that every adult should already be capable of and shutting out kids maybe you should hit up Craigslist or your local trailer park.

because he gets to be with a woman, which is awesome and good enough. all straight men want to be with women. the way you do that doesn't matter really.
Jul 4, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
Assuming you're dating ppl around your own age it's pretty normal for people not to be successful when they're in their early to mid twenties. I think your expectations are unrealistic and if you want someone who is super successful your best bet is to date older men if you're into that.
Jul 4, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2015
Zeus- said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

This isn't about me. Don't make this about me. Stay on-topic.

But risk isn't a reason to not do something. It's important to be aware of the risk and take precautions against it (Where protective clothing when swordfighting, fight with people who'll be mindful if you get severely hurt). If I didn't do anything that was risky, I wouldn't do anything.
"It's important to be aware of the risk and take precautions against it"

that's exactly what I was talking about. this also contradicts the rest of your statement. a high enough risk IS a reason to take precautions and not do an action, and the fact that everything is inherently risky is irrelevant because not everything is on the same level of risk. you don't stick your hand in a lion's mouth just because everything else is also risky and you took precautions by making sure the lion was asleep first. some actions are risky enough to not do

casual sex is unnecessarily risky enough to not do, also, since condoms are not a guarantee, you can't trust the other person, and there's the off chance that if you accidentelly get her pregnant, she'll keep the kid and you'll be forced to pay child support. getting an incurable disease or being forced to pay child support the rest of your life seems like a pretty bad tradeoff for having sex with a random person. the pleasure only lasts a short time, these consequences last much longer

How do you know you can't trust the other person? What if they're both good friends?
What are the probabilities of the condom breaking?

This still remains a personal choice though. You can tell me about the risks all you want, but if someone is willing to sacrifice his hand just so he could say it was in a lion's mouth - go ahead, let 'em have it.
Jul 4, 2016 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
You should be banned from dating you sensitive little girl.
Jul 4, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
more boys are becoming fedora tippers (or MGTOW) who don't want to get married because they're afraid of "risks".
Jul 4, 2016 3:56 PM

Apr 2014
Yumadu-nii said:
Whenever I date a guy, almost every time he turns out to be some immature manchild who can't hold down a stable well-paying job. Why is it so hard to find mature, successful men these days? It's so bad I'm starting to consider dating much older men.

I'm in my early 20s in case you're wondering.

Sounds like your just picking the wrong ones could be the area you live in. But the current generation is just going down hill too. More stupid people. I had much of the same problems finding the right girl but i feel pretty confident about my current girlfriend dispite the fact theres some challenges to overcome but i spent the weekend visiting her and we had a nice time aside from her arguing about me wanting to pay for everything. The best advice i can give is don't give up just keep hunting you'll find the right person.
Jul 4, 2016 4:29 PM

Nov 2012
Because you shouldn't marry in your twenties. That's way too early to have a stable job and family.
Jul 4, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
JonasTheJay said:
...is this Claire 2.0??? Seriously this reminds me so much of Claire.

Lmao my thoughts exactly
I honestly think this is a bait thread

Jul 4, 2016 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
Bambi said:
Assuming you're dating ppl around your own age it's pretty normal for people not to be successful when they're in their early to mid twenties. I think your expectations are unrealistic and if you want someone who is super successful your best bet is to date older men if you're into that.
Your post reminded me of how "successful" is used as a euphemism for "rich" or "person with a high-paying job".
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 4, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
Mayuka said:
more boys are becoming fedora tippers (or MGTOW) who don't want to get married because they're afraid of "risks".

This is still a meme? There's nothing wrong with wanting to abstain from marriage. Feminism actually encourages women to pursue their own paths, and if marriage isn't in it, then more power to them. Perhaps I should also insult women who abstain from marriage..right?
Jul 4, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
Josh said:
Bambi said:
Your post reminded me of how "successful" is used as a euphemism for "rich" or "person with a high-paying job".
Yeah, the OP emphasized how it's hard to find a successful guy who has a 'stable well-paying job'.
Jul 4, 2016 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
NudeBear said:
Mayuka said:
This is still a meme? There's nothing wrong with wanting to abstain from marriage. Feminism actually encourages women to pursue their own paths, and if marriage isn't in it, then more power to them. Perhaps I should also insult women who abstain from marriage..right?
I think she's referring to the kind of guys who buy into the myth that marriage is a conspiracy to screw men over by taking as much of their money/stuff/freedom as possible and that the decline in marriage rates can be explained by men recognizing the conspiracy. Granted, I've never met anyone like that outside of internet forums.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 5, 2016 12:31 AM

May 2015
Josh said:
NudeBear said:
I think she's referring to the kind of guys who buy into the myth that marriage is a conspiracy to screw men over by taking as much of their money/stuff/freedom as possible and that the decline in marriage rates can be explained by men recognizing the conspiracy. Granted, I've never met anyone like that outside of internet forums.

I think the MGTOW has some decent ideas in it, but I hate it when it devolves into such misogyny. Some women are assholes. Some men are rapists. The whole narrative of 'organized conspiracy to screw men over' demands serious evidence before we can take it seriously.
Jul 5, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2012
NudeBear said:
Mayuka said:

(my post was half sarcasm but ok)

josh's reply nailed it tho
Jul 5, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
Josh said:

I think the MGTOW has some decent ideas in it, but I hate it when it devolves into such misogyny. Some women are assholes. Some men are rapists. The whole narrative of 'organized conspiracy to screw men over' demands serious evidence before we can take it seriously.

I've looked into the MGTOW community before, the irony is hilarious. "MEN GOING THEIR OWN WAY" and yet they spend an unbelievable amount of time complaining about women.

Mayuka said:
NudeBear said:

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. :[ Next time use a smiley face!
Jul 5, 2016 5:06 AM

Mar 2008
Josh said:
Financial gain is considered successful in this society because it is part of a system of taking advantage of people to help line the bank vaults of the super rich who dictated it as being "successful" for what it does for their own desires
Jul 5, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
You have to settle with dirty nerds sadly if you want that.

Also men dont have succesfull careers at the age of twenty. That is a ridiclous expectation.
Jul 5, 2016 5:18 AM

Feb 2016
DEVlL said:
Wow you're such gold digger weeb. If I was older than you and you tried dating me I would just use you for sex and not give you any of my money unless you get on your knees lick my feet.

DUDEE! SO MACHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that edgy negan prof pic

Damn dude we all pussies compared to you
Jul 5, 2016 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
Yumadu-nii said:
Nico- said:

This has to be an obvious troll of the woman who is seeking for resources instead of an actual happy marriage.

But if this is serious, I feel horribly sorry for how worthless you are by presenting yourself to do absolutely nothing with your life and just pin everything on the guy who does all for you. This is why the MGTOWs exist, and I fucking hate MGTOWs.

t. 80k in income, worked 4 jobs in my life, 22 years old.
What do you do?

Sorry for wanting financial stability. I want to have a lot of children so I want to have a husband who can support them comfortably. I don't want to have to worry about his finances because I'll be taking care of our kids.

Wait, what year is it?
I don't think you'll find many men in their early 20s wanting that lifestyle these days. In this economy more and more people are having children when they are older because of financial reasons...
Jul 5, 2016 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Mayuka said:
Well Mayuka there is ZERO advantages for men getting married in this day and age. I have a cousin whose life is now hell since he got married. He works hard to earn money to provide for his children and for his "wife" yet she does nothing for him. She doesn't cook, doesn't do any chores, doesn't work. He can't remedy the situation by divorcing her considering he might go broke paying both alimony and child support. A next guy I know knows his wife is cheating on him but doesn't want to divorce because he might lose the house. So marriage for men is all risk and no reward.
Jul 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Apr 2016
It's even worse than you would think, Common Law marriage where 2 couples co inhabit and hold themselves as married to the public, can result in in a divorce where assets change hands.

Prenups have no use in court, even very well written ones are thrown out

Divorce settlements are being retroactively effected, this one guy won the lottery 10 years after his wife divorced him and she refiled for divorce to gain hands to his assets she won.

The tax benefit of marriage is so minimal and it will continue to get even worse, especially under a clinton presidency.

There is absolutely no reason for any man to get married in this day and age. If you do a simple cost benefit analysis, in this divorce culture, in this feminism age where women bring nothing to the table, marriage is shit.
Jul 6, 2016 7:16 AM

May 2015
NudeBear said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I've looked into the MGTOW community before, the irony is hilarious. "MEN GOING THEIR OWN WAY" and yet they spend an unbelievable amount of time complaining about women.

Mayuka said:

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. :[ Next time use a smiley face!

It's more about discussing how to disconnect from desiring women, from the belief that how women perceive you determines your value.
Jul 6, 2016 9:29 PM

May 2008
OP, I know you're getting a lot of heat in this threat, but honestly, I feel the same way. I myself work part-time, have a goal I'm working towards and I'm also trying to better myself. I expect all of those things from my significant other as well.

I think the problem is that you're going after men whose lifestyles aren't aligned with yours. If you're in a hurry to get married, try changing your social circle to find older men. If you're not in a rush and would rather have some fun first, take a break from dating and wait until your generation gets older. People generally tend to get their lives together with age and more life experience.

The second option is what I'm pretty much doing right now. I haven't been with anyone since I was 23, but I'm not exactly in the best place of my life right now to be with someone romantically. So I'm taking a break from dating to work on a couple of things first.
Jul 7, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2015
Marila said:
OP, I know you're getting a lot of heat in this threat, but honestly, I feel the same way. I myself work part-time, have a goal I'm working towards and I'm also trying to better myself. I expect all of those things from my significant other as well.

I think the problem is that you're going after men whose lifestyles aren't aligned with yours. If you're in a hurry to get married, try changing your social circle to find older men. If you're not in a rush and would rather have some fun first, take a break from dating and wait until your generation gets older. People generally tend to get their lives together with age and more life experience.

The second option is what I'm pretty much doing right now. I haven't been with anyone since I was 23, but I'm not exactly in the best place of my life right now to be with someone romantically. So I'm taking a break from dating to work on a couple of things first.

It doesn't mean much, but this is apparently what happens here:

Around ages 22-25 guys have better social skills and circles. Finding women is no longer so difficult like it used to be in high school. So they use that time to make up for being extremely shy in high school.
Jul 7, 2016 5:35 PM

Jun 2016
This is either a bait thread or just a realllllly sad fucking person lol. Like serious, how are you not aware of your partner's occupation before dating them? You magically found out that your Romeo works at McDonald's 6 months into your relationship?

Get a grip lmao.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps? ( 1 2 )

Miscanthus - Apr 27

54 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you use old technology? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RobertBobert - Aug 23, 2022

245 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

86 by DesuMaiden »»
33 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

41 by DesuMaiden »»
34 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - Yesterday

24 by DesuMaiden »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.