Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2016 12:28 PM

May 2013
So practically this is turning into "Game of Thrones: The Anime" I guess?
Jun 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

Then again,it is a different story when a LN reader comes here and confirms a theory with certainty...

That is kind of the problem I had. Certain people coming in and going "Okay guys this is what happened, because anime did not make it obvious - <insert spoilers here>".
MAL forums need a new feature...Automatically put EVERYTHING into a spoiler tag if someone has the original material an anime is adapted from in their manga/LN lists....
Jun 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
CodeKeima said:

With protagonist as annoying as Joffrey (and twice as immortal)
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 19, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2007
CodeKeima said:

It way too well written so far to be that.

Also not enough rape. Until every single good female character gets raped and loses her agency and consent, it won't be Game of Thrones. Also more edge is needed. Like that cringey sadist guy in GOT.
Jun 19, 2016 12:31 PM
Aug 2015
Fai said:
We start the episode with obligatory Emilia scene which follows the usual checklist - Subaru doing his neet stuff with villagers, her observing it, her making some "cute" comments to him, him blushing. Yeah....And then we repeat that scene three more times in the episode.

And we get a catgirl...Greeaaaat.....
And we get a creepy pink haired guy with NTR vibes that reminded me of SAO's Sugou.....Greaaaat.
And we get horribly obvious CGI crowds.....Greaaaat...
And Subaru going OOC and turning into obsessive idiot ball was disappointing. Loved his smarts in the first two arcs, but here he feels like a complete fucking idiot.

Now, if we go onto the GOOD things for the episode,

The butler old man, Wilhelm interests me. He knows about the death loops? How?
THE REDHEAD!?!? If her character continues to be as great, she might even end up in my favs. Why couldn't Subaru have been paired with her. He went after the wrong princess :[
Also Ram again stole the show, even with limited screentime. There's just so much great chemistry between her and Subaru that its genuinely fun to watch them interacting.
And the Felt reveal at the end was GREAT. If only it was not already spoiled by people who felt it was "Obvious" few episodes ago.

Overall strong 3/5 for episode. A very disjointed and strangely paced episode that feels more like of a filled in-between and goes through situations at way too fast of a pace. One second Subaru is having tea with the mysterious butler, the other they are already on carriage, and the next he is going to (try to) protect the based awesome redhead Ojousama in the alleyway. Really weirdly paced.

dude.. please stop and imagine ram and subaru, ram always for roswal. this is not harem bro
Jun 19, 2016 12:31 PM
Aug 2015
yukarin in 2016, FeelsGoodMan
PogChamp
Jun 19, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
Molandero said:
dude.. please stop and imagine ram and subaru, ram always for roswal. this is not harem bro
He meant to type Rem
Jun 19, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
What the fuck?!
I smell Game of Thrones Plot!!!

Jun 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
They handled the start of the arc with all these characters well. Great additions to the cast. Whenever Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari are in the same show, it instandly goes up in voice acting quality. Also didn't expect Iguchi Yuki would be using that kind of voice for her role.

Felt's entrance was done well with great BGM.

DarklordVor said:
That Rem scene in the end of chapter 2 is really cute... Rem just came in like a badass and smile beautifully...

「殺しちゃダメだよ?」
「さすが、スバルくんは優しいです。──では、半殺しで」

I mean... they could easily integrate that on next episode... but still...

Indeed, that scene is far to great to be left out. I hope they'll find a way to include it in the next episode.
Jun 19, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
@Fai And I was one of the first ones to call it "obvious" because I presented arguments for the theory and took the scenes presented in the anime into consideration (I watched the episode like 3 or 4 times, so I looked closer at the wording and their actions (had an argumentation with another user who attacked my review, so I had to rewatch the scenes several times and I liked that episode as well)).
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 19, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2010
@mozgow

Excellent point in catching on to his last name. I'm surprised more people didn't point that relation between Reinhard and Willhelm.
Jun 19, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Jagd84 said:
@mozgow

Excellent point in catching on to his last name. I'm surprised more people didn't point that relation between Reinhard and Willhelm.

It was kind of obvious?

Rom's reaction to the family name was something that was more interesting.
Jun 19, 2016 12:41 PM
Jan 2011
I started reading the novel only after the anime started so I didn't have a problem with the other characters voice actors but now... I think that there are some voices that will need a lot of getting used to. Anastasia ji~~. I imagined her voice to be way softer and cuter.

Hmm. They skipped stuff. Changes. I don't like changes. But the only important stuff they skipped was Al. Man how could you!
The explanation of the concept of 'blessing' and how it works can be done also later. Even if Priscilla's screen time cut severely her Gilme-isch nature got portrayed accurately.
Oh there is also one thing that kinda a foreshadowing. Roswaal actually ordered Rem to not hinder Subaru to go to the palace and even ordered the guards to let Subaru pass if he were to come. So yeah this strange behavior was cut.

Also funny how people criticize Subaru for being a fool and not knowing his place. He is right now incapable weak and a dick. And that's on purpose. Room for development and also tragedy ,,,
Jun 19, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:
From everything we saw it was obvious...Cant argue if you didnt like people actually confirming it tho,i dont like it when LN readers do that too...But as i said,it was obvious 5th would be felt...

It was nothing but a theory. It might SEEM obvious tho those who already knew the truth but all we had was Reinhard basically kidnapping Felt for whatever reason and the viewers questioning what the hell happened.

Which this episode answered with a cliffhanger reveal.

The show questioned the viewers. It wanted them to unveil the mystery. It was written that way. For that purpose. The source readers know (more than you).

There were close ups for the touch stone. It was only shown with a red glow in Felt and Emilia's hands, even having passed by others'.
Jun 19, 2016 12:42 PM
Apr 2014
That tea scene with the old man and Ram getting mad was funny
Rem is kinda boring now. The new rehead and green girls are interesting
Oh look another catrap
Good to see Badass Reinhard again
What a cheeky Dragon he only wants to meet child prietesses, no wonder Roswalt wants to slay his ass.
Why is Emilia so reluctant on Subaru joining this meeting, she's acting weird even when she scolded him, that didn't sound natural.
Waiting for Subaru to die and experience the same shit over and over again, maybe by his new romantic rival kek.
Jun 19, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:

It actually felt out of character.

Subaru was a lot more witty and smart and subtle in first two arcs

Then you need watch those two arcs again. He's not any different here than he was there. He only usually like that when he's serious.

Smudy said:
Wilhelm definitely knows something about ''Return by Death''.

I doubt it. His statement is actually a common phase said to about people who have been through hardship.
Jun 19, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2007
Dante323 said:

Also funny how people criticize Subaru for being a fool and not knowing his place. He is right now incapable weak and a dick. And that's on purpose. Room for development and also tragedy ,,,

The problem is that it clashes with other two arcs.

In Arc1 he did a considerable effort at blending in, manipulating the fact that he has multiple anachronistic items that seem like magic to those people and not losing his shit when trying to deal with Elsa situation, showcasing creativity and smarts. He also displayed a decent meta-knowledge due to being neet(Reacting to Rom's "did we get her" etc) , even though sometimes he was too idiotic despite that knowledge(taking too long to figure out its a time loop, etc)

In Arc2 we saw him planning and using situations to his advantage to learn more about the situation at hand, while using his wits to try to mask his problems. He also played multiple scenes nicely to his advantage, which resulted in Rem adoring him in the end.

In this episode he is suddenly a stumbling fool who does not know his place, displays none of his perceptive nature he displayed before and literally acts like a monkey.
Jun 19, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes.

Wind_God_Girl said:
Felt is looking great in that gown! Rather disappointed that there's no last name for Felt so far. Would've been great for a hint why she got chosen. If it's not that then Reinhard chooses her out of instinct? Welp, looks like I just have to wait~

Felt being a candidate to the throne was already hinted in episode 3.

Emilia's insignia was glowing when Felt was holding it. The insignia as stated by Emilia is used to determine people worthy of the throne.
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:
NGL it was dead obvious tho...Reinhard asked:
-Her name
-Her family name
-Her age

which all leads to the conclusion that she is a lost princess...

It was never ever stated.

We saw her being taken away and it was left on cliffhanger. And this episode clearly treated it as a major reveal.

It was hinted by the show and anyone with a brain would have noticed it.
Jun 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2007
iRels said:
Fai said:

It was nothing but a theory. It might SEEM obvious tho those who already knew the truth but all we had was Reinhard basically kidnapping Felt for whatever reason and the viewers questioning what the hell happened.

Which this episode answered with a cliffhanger reveal.

The show questioned the viewers. It wanted them to unveil the mystery. It was written that way. For that purpose. The source readers know (more than you).

There were close ups for the touch stone. It was only shown with a red glow in Felt and Emilia's hands, even having passed by others'.

Which means that people could be theorizing.
It does NOT mean that LN readers could come in and literally spoil the "right" answer. Its a mystery show. Guessing stuff and theorizing stuff makes sense.

And again, this episode clearly expects the viewer to be surprised by this or to put two and two together as it happens. Its not something that everyone should have known the minute felt took the insignia.
Jun 19, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
Jagd84 said:
@mozgow

That's one of the interesting things I noticed :-)
Jun 19, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
In this episode he is suddenly a stumbling fool who does not know his place, displays none of his perceptive nature he displayed before and literally acts like a monkey.
He is relieved now that he is out of the loop and probably doesnt think he is unlucky enough to be faced with another life or death situation
Jun 19, 2016 12:48 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jagd84 said:
I doubt it. His statement is actually a common phase said to about people who have been through hardship.

Aren't you a LN reader? Let me think myself pls D:
Jun 19, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
@Z4k I forgot about that, episode 3 was a long time ago though so it's not surprising that some of us may not remember that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 19, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2014
Priscilla best girl <3
Jun 19, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:
Fai said:
He is relieved now that he is out of the loop and probably doesnt think he is unlucky enough to be faced with another life or death situation

Which is strange considering the first arc should have already taught him that he could literally die within any alley by being too careless.

And if anything, after what he went through in arc 2, there should be more ptsd mistrust of surroundings. People just don't "move on" from stressful situations. They linked upon them for a while.
Jun 19, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
Felt the fast bandit ???? That was supposed to be dead ???
Jun 19, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Heh, subaru being subaru as usual, no surprise(I will grab my popcorn after few ep here).
Nice intro for new char, Felt arriving, Priscilla, and shady Wilhelm.
Jun 19, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2015
Back to being annoying most of the time, eh? rolling eyes. At least the last minute was pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Madara22 said:
Felt the fast bandit ???? That was supposed to be dead ???
It was never ever implied that she was dead.
Jun 19, 2016 12:56 PM
Aug 2015
LoneWizard said:
Molandero said:
He meant to type Rem

no no he said, red girl(ram) i suppose, he like that girl but still cant said what her name is. so explosive to me
Jun 19, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

Which is strange considering the first arc should have already taught him that he could literally die within any alley by being too careless.

And if anything, after what he went through in arc 2, there should be more ptsd mistrust of surroundings. People just don't "move on" from stressful situations. They linked upon them for a while.

Well he is still in that mindset: "I am the chosen hero of this fantasy world. Emilia is my heroine and i am the gifted hero"
So yeah he still believes this is like his manga/LN/Anime stories he konw. I mean it is for us. But not for him in "reality"
Jun 19, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
Molandero said:
LoneWizard said:
He meant to type Rem

no no he said, red girl(ram) i suppose, he like that girl but still cant said what her name is. so explosive to me
no,i am %99 sure he mispelled
Jun 19, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
strider98 said:
Heh, subaru being subaru as usual, no surprise(I will grab my popcorn after few ep here).

Hah me too man. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction after episode 13.
Jun 19, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:
Molandero said:

no,i am %99 sure he mispelled

Yep. Way too confusing names. Rem is life.
Jun 19, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

I agree with this. Both arcs had enough room for development and if it goes to the same status quo at the starting of next arc, nothing can help him.
Jun 19, 2016 1:02 PM
Jan 2011
Fai said:

About that. I see your point but it just wasn't explained in the anime that since those events more than a month has passed so he is back to his former self.
Jun 19, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

He's enjoying the moment. He's not wrong by doing so. He's not restraining himself the way you'd want him to. Because that'd be pitiful. You'd want him to be skeptical about everything? C'mon. That'd be a flaw.
Jun 19, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Dante323 said:

About that. I see your point but it just wasn't explained in the anime that since those events more than a month has passed so he is back to his former self.

LOL?

GG.

Still month or more it still feels like pointless character reset. As above poster said:

strider98 said:
if it goes to the same status quo at the starting of next arc, nothing can help him.

The only reason I am ambivalent to this is because I am HOPING the show will eventually call him out on his bullshit behavior and obsession with Emilia. Which is not that likely considering the show just rewarded him with a date for his obsession.
Jun 19, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Felt looked so brainwashed when she entered the room, but I also agree with someone else who said that her being the 5th candidate seems like it's only for the sake of keeping her relevant. Of course, I could be wrong as they'll probably explain her selection in the upcoming episodes.

Wind_God_Girl said:
Felt is looking great in that gown! Rather disappointed that there's no last name for Felt so far. Would've been great for a hint why she got chosen. If it's not that then Reinhard chooses her out of instinct? Welp, looks like I just have to wait~

Felt being a candidate to the throne was already hinted in episode 3.

Yeah no shit Sherlock. The reason would be WHY. A lost princess? A relative to the royal family? A candidate for another kingdom's puppet? The chosen one? Why now?

A last name would've reveal and hint a lot surrounding her circumstances. It will also make her cooler
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 19, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:
strider98 said:

Hah me too man. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction after episode 13.

Sure, the next 2 ep should have some excellent popcorn stuff. Reminds me of the good ol' boku dake days. XD
Jun 19, 2016 1:10 PM

Sep 2010
The episode was good set up but for me the main attraction of the episode was the fact that the guy in the helmet was voiced by the same guy who voiced Leorio in HxH. :)
Jun 19, 2016 1:12 PM
Jan 2016
Why did White Fox rush too much Rem's scence? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Jun 19, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2010
Smudy said:
Jagd84 said:

Aren't you a LN reader? Let me think myself pls D:

My comment has nothing do with my knowledge of LN/WN. This is just a phase I've heard in fiction so many times already.
Jun 19, 2016 1:16 PM
Feb 2016
Ferris-chan, ahm I mean Felix because it's a he and not a she.

Damn this was a really light episode and went through almost all the available manga chapters for the 3rd arc.

I am just sad that it was rushed and who hasn't read the manga or the LN will probably be lost, they did show much interaction between, Al, Rom-ji, or Rem all of which will be very important in the future.

This was a great episode but it was very lacking in my opinion because most of the encounters seem random especially that ride that Priscilla gave to Subaru which explains who Al is and why he knew what (where) Kansai is, when Subaru said that Anastasia had a Kansai accent.

It's a 3/5 in my opinion it was good but failed to deliver anything relavant to the plot.

But it's not bad since they have to adapt volume 4 in 2 episodes so it's understandable, plus don't be fooled by Priscilla she might look weak but is very dangerous - a black-widow under 20 who has married more than 8 times and each and every time her husbands have died mysteriously.
Jun 19, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2007
Either way I am quite hyped at this set up even if it contained meh elements.

I am a sucker for political drama so as long as this arc has lots of politicking and plotting, it will be great. Give me more Ojousama screentime too.

As long as this focuses more on mind games, mystery and politics and less of Subaru being an idiot(like this episode), this arc is bound to surpass the first and second one.
Jun 19, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2016
The Astrea family caught my attention in this episode.

Pay close attention to Old Man Rom's reaction when he said "It must be an Astrea" after he figured out that Felt was taken by Reinhard. Not to mention that the first new character they introduced is the Old Man Wilhelm Van Astrea.

Few questions remained,

What exactly happened after Reinhard took Felt away? Who are the two girls behind Felt?

I'm suspecting something from Reinhard and Old Man Wil. I also remembered that Felt has some sort of blessing and she released it when she fought Elsa, maybe there is something more in Felt that the Astrea family want to take advantage of. 5/5 loved the episode. Such a wonderful start to a new arc.
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Jun 19, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 2015
Fai said:
Dante323 said:

The problem is that it clashes with other two arcs.

In Arc1 he did a considerable effort at blending in, manipulating the fact that he has multiple anachronistic items that seem like magic to those people and not losing his shit when trying to deal with Elsa situation, showcasing creativity and smarts. He also displayed a decent meta-knowledge due to being neet(Reacting to Rom's "did we get her" etc) , even though sometimes he was too idiotic despite that knowledge(taking too long to figure out its a time loop, etc)

In Arc2 we saw him planning and using situations to his advantage to learn more about the situation at hand, while using his wits to try to mask his problems. He also played multiple scenes nicely to his advantage, which resulted in Rem adoring him in the end.

he want to protect emilia, he just prevent bad&tragedy things. You wanna die and reset everything you've tried so much to achieve, aren't you? besides you will sit at home and accept the risk, aren't you?
Yeah! Maybe he can't prevent bad things but better than nothing, right?

Jun 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
Great Episode and all, but i can't help but feel that Subaru was kinda off...
He isn't the same one of the last 2 arcs, and has been a litte 'idiotic' this ep...
Jun 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
When Felt entered the room the "Daughter of Evil" music just played in my head. She kinda reminds me Rin in that video. I was so sure she was going to appear as a candidate!
Ow Subaru, please, sush a little bit. He was hell annoying today. WTF.
(I have a serious case of love-hate for him XD)
Priscila, oh dear, I love her. Be my queen!

Jun 19, 2016 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
Fai said:
LoneWizard said:

No it wouldn't? What happened those arcs where special cases that he either willingly involved himself (Arc 1) or things happened where he no control over (Arc 2). He was supposed be like you said he never would helped the twins at all.

Those issues have past so there would be nothing for him fear about so he can relax little.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.