Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2016 9:07 PM

Feb 2016
All of the detective are dead?
Jun 14, 2016 9:24 PM
Mar 2016
RIP Miyoshi, didn't expect that.
Jun 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Sep 2014
Yuuki is OP!

Tbh I forgot all about Miyoshi's character

That German guy was pretty cool tbh.
Jun 15, 2016 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
rayeine said:
I knew it was coming because of the novel but I'm still so upset.

You read the novels? In english or japanese? I was thinking if I should pick them up since I really like this series...
Jun 15, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2015
Miyoshi's death has got me shell shocked, but the episode was great. Luckily it wasn't Kaminaga there, my fave after Yuuki xD. anyways RIP boy :(

L-Ryoshi said:

The nuances in the animation of this scene cannot be overstated. The way he stumbled back onto the couch and sunk into it was beautiful to behold. Best scene of the episode.

True, that scene was so well made you could feel the moment!

Final episode next week... blah.
Jun 15, 2016 2:21 AM

Jun 2012
Moron said:
rayeine said:

You read the novels? In english or japanese? I was thinking if I should pick them up since I really like this series...

As far as I know there is no english version, only a japanese and chinese one

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jun 15, 2016 6:23 AM
Jun 2016
Too fucking anime More Very sad that the character dies More fuck I wanted it to be a lie that was incenaçao aki Brazil
Jun 15, 2016 6:39 AM
Nov 2015
I'LL MISS YOU, MIYOSHI. :(( you were my favorite since the very first episode... I guess spies can't really top other things from happening. :(
Jun 15, 2016 8:01 AM
Apr 2016
This episode is my second fave so far, everything was bcs Miyoshi included in it. I've been his episode for a long time and suddenly I got this kind of episode, totally made me shock and thinking twice about the whole development plot. It's so much interesting for seeing how Germany worked in WWII, too.

RIP Miyoshi.
Jun 15, 2016 8:04 AM
May 2016
Dang! Miyoshi died, he's the most cool and awesome spy for me here, but he did well, even in his last moments still calm and fulfilled his mission. Yuuki too badass.
Jun 15, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2015
Moron said:
rayeine said:

In Chinese. I'm not sure if there are English translations.
Jun 15, 2016 8:50 AM
Dec 2014
Wait! if in the photograph, Miyoshi's eyes are opened and the German lieutenant came after Yuuki (who closed Miyoshi's eyes) to retrieve the photograph of the corpse, either the photograph was taken before Yuuki came or...
Jun 15, 2016 8:53 AM
Apr 2014
Miyoshi was the last person I expected to die. Heck, with all the "don't kill, don't be killed" rule I didn't think anyone would actually die T^T
Jun 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
Drank some beer and this episode was awesome....idk I'm just fanatic for WW2 events...and beer made made me think more (?)... still it had several serious flaws, but still, I liked it.....one spy down.... if next episode will be similar to this, I will give 8/10 for this series, propaganda is propaganda...nothing matters...damn this fuckin beer, correcting my post for 3rd time ( I know...my english sucks xD )
Jun 15, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
shit he died nooo!
Jun 15, 2016 12:42 PM
Aug 2015
Galaxy__ said:
Sirev_Giio said:
I honestly have to say I don't get the feeling I understand the anime fully. It definitely is interesting, But a little complicated. I think that if I'll watch the entire anime again, I might understand everything better.

its an episodic anime. so the episodes arent directly connected. maybe thats the problem.

I suppose that's the case.
Jun 15, 2016 12:45 PM
Aug 2015
ibraheem234 said:
ok so who was Maki .. was he one of the D agency spies..... sad he died like that

Maki was Yuuki. It was probably an alias. He escaped from Wolff, but Wolff never forgot him. Maki/Yuuki was the reason for his lost eye.
Jun 15, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2015
Sad to see him dead but he was prepared for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2016 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
I find it difficult to believe that Miyoshi is dead. He looked way too smug when that metal bar pierced his chest, as if he was expecting it to happen. What happened to that other guy in the episode? The one they called "the magician?" Where that THAT guy run off to?
臭い-
Jun 15, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
Bibimbapski said:
I find it difficult to believe that Miyoshi is dead. He looked way too smug when that metal bar pierced his chest, as if he was expecting it to happen. What happened to that other guy in the episode? The one they called "the magician?" Where that THAT guy run off to?

the "magician" was Yuuki when he was young (the scene was Wolff's flashback from 20 years ago when he met Yuuki for the first time)

Jun 15, 2016 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
NemuriNezumi said:
Bibimbapski said:

the "magician" was Yuuki when he was young (the scene was Wolff's flashback from 20 years ago when he met Yuuki for the first time)
NemuriNezumi said:
Bibimbapski said:

NemuriNezumi said:
Bibimbapski said:

Oooh that makes sense now. Thanks! I thought the young soldier was the same one assisting the older German soldier.
臭い-
Jun 15, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2007
What a great episode. The animation was glorious, I loved the sharp eyes on those Germans, and we even get to learn more about Yuuki. That badass smirk when he was just about to escape, heh

Like some others, I figured Miyoshi was still alive, but nope. Oh well.
So we finally get to see Odagiri in the next episode? I've been waiting for him, only because I think he's the only guy we didn't see yet.
Jun 15, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Till the last second, I was waiting for Miyoshi to wake up and run or Yuuki to do something :(
Miyoshi is my favorite :(
Ara Ara~
Jun 15, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2011
What now? You killed off my favorite spy? Why? D:

I wish they got back to the military guy in the first 2 episodes. I don't think the episodic episodes were really the way to go, unless there was no alternative. :/
Jun 15, 2016 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
Everyone is crying about Miyoshi and I don't even remember who he was...
Jun 15, 2016 9:51 PM
Jul 2015
I couldnt stop believing that the blonde german is actually a sleeper spy whos assisting japan and letting maki be in a room with someone else and thus letting yuuki come get maki lol
Jun 16, 2016 3:36 AM

Jul 2013
I was looking forward to the episodes in which he would be in the spotlight so much I couldn't describe it... Only to find that he's dead... Since I still can't accept this, I still believe deep inside that somehow everything will end up as being either an act or heck, they'll come at night unbury him and he'll still be alive and they'll go home laughing how they trolled these German guys big time. Don't leave us Miyoshi in misery!

yuliyana29 said:
lezerman said:
I CANT BELIEVE!!!!!!
Why they need kill the best character............. arghhhhhhh........

Nope. Yuuki is.

-----
Honestly. I am very, very baffled to see all of the posts here say that Miyoshi is dead for real. I wonder if also, at least anyone actually thought of this other possibility. Here I ago: D-Agency motto is "Dont' die, don't kill." This motto is basically a law for the spies; they are bound/obligated to carry it out with any flaws. Thus said, I doubt that a spy who belongs to an agency with such motto and leader as Yuuki, will chose death as final. Wasn't it constantly repeated over the series that for a spy, the worst decision one can make is to kill or die.
If Miyoshi didn't look convincing enough that he is dead, the germans would still think that he is alive and they wouldnn't stop with what they have started, so of course he has to act dead and fool them to accomplish his mission perfectly, according to keikaku. He is a spy after all, being obvious/suspicious isn't his trait. I might be wrong, he may be really dead, but I don't want to jump to conclusions at some point, considering I've seen this show manged to troll the viewers quite good sometimes - Altough I haven't comment none about that here, still I've been observing while this series are in broadcast. So, I don't want to see people getting mad on this anime ends up trolling you if it turns out that Miyoshi isn't dead.
By the way, don't mourn over Miyoshi way to seriously because

Most likely, the preview for the final episode:

I support your brave theory. Let's believe he's still alive together :'(
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 16, 2016 5:14 AM

Apr 2009
rayeine said:
Moron said:

The original, Japanese, version is a bit difficult. My Japaneseis JLPT N2 and maybe a bit better but I found it really difficult to read so I had to close the book and postpone it until I can peacefull read it without using the dictionary every two minutes. It's not even about the kanji, there are a lot of words that you wouldn't normally learn in class concerning war.

That aside, I was 100% sure that Miyoshi took some kind of drug to look as if he was dead. You sure he's dead?
If it really is so, then I find it really tragic and..... ridiculous? For him to die like that,in a silly accident.
But I guess since even Yuki came and closed his eyes then he really is dead. It's a pity that no one will ever know his real name and there will be no real name on his grave. Even in death he's alone.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jun 16, 2016 6:55 AM

Mar 2014
Seriously? Why did Miyoshi have to die?

They should've picked someone who was ugly instead
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 16, 2016 7:33 AM

Jun 2009
Shuhan said:
I cant differentiate any of the spies in D agency, the same face and lack of characterization made it hard to feel anything for Maki's death.

I can't either, after watching his death (and since I'm at episode 11) I tried to rewatch episode 1 again to identify who was in which mission.

.... It was tough orz
Click him so that he will grow to learn that he is actually a she!
Jun 16, 2016 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:

Eh? No-one's ugly in Joker Game. At least not the spies, lol.
Jun 16, 2016 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Sorry guys *cries*. I rewatched the episode and I still stand on my statement. I don't believe he's dead. I can't, beacuse I think a piece is missing from this whole puzzle that doesn't let me being fully convinced in his death. No matter how much it's true I won't be able to wrap my head around of it to the very end.

Bibimbapski said:
I find it difficult to believe that Miyoshi is dead. He looked way too smug when that metal bar pierced his chest, as if he was expecting it to happen.

Isn't it? The spies so far were overconfidently carrying out their missions; that's why Miyoshi's death is something I can hardly accept it happened.

And, I wanna mention something. I don't feel anything about Miyoshi; I don't like him nor dislike him; but I honestly find his death a cheap move by the author. It's stupid, no? Miyoshi is the star among the elite spies, it's just...argh, untinkable for him to die! This episode literally left me so frustrated.
Jun 16, 2016 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
yuliyana29 said:
Sorry guys *cries*. I rewatched the episode and I still stand on my statement. I don't believe he's dead. I can't, beacuse I think a piece is missing from this whole puzzle that doesn't let me being fully convinced in his death. No matter how much it's true I won't be able to wrap my head around of it to the very end.

Bibimbapski said:
I find it difficult to believe that Miyoshi is dead. He looked way too smug when that metal bar pierced his chest, as if he was expecting it to happen.

Isn't it? The spies so far were overconfidently carrying out their missions; that's why Miyoshi's death is something I can hardly accept it happened.

And, I wanna mention something. I don't feel anything about Miyoshi; I don't like him nor dislike him; but I honestly find his death a cheap move by the author. It's stupid, no? Miyoshi is the star among the elite spies, it's just...argh, untinkable for him to die! This episode literally left me so frustrated.

someone in reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4o2ejq/spoilers_joker_game_episode_11_discussion/d49j8mp) who is reading the novels mentioned something rather interesting:
Hi, I'm still in the middle of reading the novels, but the stories/missions are episodic so they do not really affect each other directly. You wouldn't hear the character of one mission interact with a character in another mission. The only continuous element with each story is Yuuki, so he is essentially the main character of the entire series. Sakuma probably won't return? But I'm still reading...
The novels don't pinpoint which spy from the school is on which mission, that was the anime staff's decision. So, in terms of the anime, Miyoshi is dead.

tbh I think the decision to choose Miyoshi was the best... why? because even though he didn't have much screentime (albeit almost none), he was the one to leave the most impact at the beginning of the series (and the one people wanted to see the most too) which helped create that shock effect (if it was another spy people cared less it wouldn't have such an "devastating" impact)

plus it shows us that even as "overpowered" as they seemed to be, they're still human an they cannot escape death

(plus let's be serious here, you can only fool for a few seconds or a few minutes at most to play dead in the middle of a huge commotion, apart from that it's plain delirious to believe he was faking his death for two day straigh with such wound! I know it's sad and all that, but still)

EDIT: another post worth reading about ep11: http://great-blaster.tumblr.com/post/145986577800/my-spoiler-thoughts-and-maybe-clarifications-for
NemuriNezumiJun 16, 2016 11:11 AM

Jun 16, 2016 11:36 AM

Mar 2014
yuliyana29 said:
Comic_Sans said:

Odagiri is

He looks fat
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 16, 2016 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
Comic_Sans said:
yuliyana29 said:

Odagiri is

He looks fat

if I'm not mistaken Odagiri comes from a military background, so his body must be more build and hence why it may seem to you he looks "fatter" in comparison to the others (pretty much like Sakuma or those Wind Agency dudes who clearly seem to have more muscle mass than the average person or the average D-agency spy)

Jun 16, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
NemuriNezumi said:
Comic_Sans said:
Odagiri is

He looks fat

if I'm not mistaken Odagiri comes from a military background, so his body must be more build and hence why it may seem to you he looks "fatter" in comparison to the others (pretty much like Sakuma or those Wind Agency dudes who clearly seem to have more muscle mass than the average person or the average D-agency spy)
Okay

That still doesn't change the fact that he's ugly
Nico- said:
Jun 16, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2012
Comic_Sans said:
NemuriNezumi said:

Okay

this supposed "fact" is pretty much only a personal opinion

imo Gamou looks worse(?)

Jun 16, 2016 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
NemuriNezumi said:
Comic_Sans said:
Okay

this supposed "fact" is pretty much only a personal opinion

imo Gamou looks worse(?)
Oh yeah I had completely forgotten about him
Nico- said:
Jun 16, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
@NemuriNezumi Thank you very much for all of the informations. By the way, the last post just hit me in the feels. The PS in the end is even worse. *sniff*
Jun 16, 2016 3:32 PM
Apr 2014
Man couldn't they kill any of the other members D: Miyoshi was the most interesting of them. Loved his actions in the first and second episode. The other guys were fine but they couldn't reach him and I doubt the final episode will change my mind on that.
Jun 16, 2016 11:45 PM
Mar 2016
I like the way the show is going except...

I want more of Yuki in the episodes, not just when he shows up at the end of something! Like more into this backstory!!
Jun 17, 2016 4:31 AM

Jun 2008
NemuriNezumi said:
Moron said:

rayeine said:
Moron said:

Thank you for answering my question! Will it be okay to share with me where I may be able to read the Chinese version as well?
Jun 17, 2016 4:54 AM

Jun 2012
Moron said:
NemuriNezumi said:

rayeine said:

Thank you for answering my question! Will it be okay to share with me where I may be able to read the Chinese version as well?

the easier way to read them would be to buy them:

Joker Game (JG 1): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan1-joker-game/1030277063-0-0-0-en/info.html
Double Joker (JG 2): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan2-double-joker/1030892484-0-0-0-en/info.html
Paradise Lost (JG 3): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan3-paradise-lost/1035984762-0-0-0-en/info.html

PD: couldn't find the last one (Last waltz)

EDIT: or this shop may be a better option for you: Joker Game (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043079), Double Joker (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043239) and Paradise Lost (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043918)
NemuriNezumiJun 17, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 17, 2016 6:04 AM

Jul 2014
Underwhelming episode. I hoped it would turn out that Miyoshi had faked his death or something
Jun 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
turns out that the spy whos episodde i had been looking forward to the most died. Its not even like he died at the end of the episode after we see him actually doing stuff, hes been dead the whole episode with brief scenes before he died.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Jun 17, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Sad that Miyoshi died, he was a good spy, and this episode was particularly interesting.
Damn i am speechless, even though that he knew that he will die he never failed to be a spy, even in his last moments, that amazing and sad at the same time.
At first, i thought that he faked his death but i was wrong :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Sad that Miyoshi had to die, But man even in his dyring moments he knew that Yuuki would come after him and marked the list with his blood. Props to him.

I'll say it again Yuuki is OP XD

I really liked what the German general said at the end, "Even though the man called Maki will remain buried without anyone knowing his identity, The Information he left behind will live on" . Spies are the true martyrs.

I must say the show has gotten really good in this last quarter.

Exactly, i can't even imagine how thy were trained to become like this...
Even thought that he was dying he managed to hide the information of all spies and he knew that his boss would be there to recover it.
It's actually very impressing but it's still sad.
Great episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 17, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
NemuriNezumi said:
Moron said:

the easier way to read them would be to buy them:

Joker Game (JG 1): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan1-joker-game/1030277063-0-0-0-en/info.html
Double Joker (JG 2): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan2-double-joker/1030892484-0-0-0-en/info.html
Paradise Lost (JG 3): http://www.yesasia.com/global/d-ji-guan3-paradise-lost/1035984762-0-0-0-en/info.html

PD: couldn't find the last one (Last waltz)

EDIT: or this shop may be a better option for you: Joker Game (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043079), Double Joker (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043239) and Paradise Lost (https://singapore.kinokuniya.com/bw/9789866043918)

Thank you for the links!
Jun 18, 2016 12:26 AM

Dec 2012
Wow I didn't expect that a spy will really die. Miyoshi did his job until the end, R.I.P.
Jun 18, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2015
Mormegil said:
Everyone is crying about Miyoshi and I don't even remember who he was...

Mainly only girls are crying lol. For obvious reasons.

Thank God they still haven't lost the direction.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

1 by NemuriNezumi »»
Jan 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2016

347 by Samir1237 »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2016

154 by canadianvice »»
Oct 28, 2022 4:17 PM

» Why such low score ?

Shomix - May 21, 2016

22 by ina6_- »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Joker Game Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2016

207 by metawin »»
Aug 6, 2021 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.