Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2016 1:41 AM

Mar 2016
Hm , so i was reading a manga where the mc was like " No matter how hard you try , if you have no talent you won't surpass me " , so i'm wondering , is it really impossible to pass the level of a talented one with hard work ?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 10, 2016 1:43 AM

Feb 2015
I personally think if anyone tries hard enough in something, they can surpass even a professional/talented person.
Jun 10, 2016 2:18 AM

Jan 2015
Depends. A talented hard worker will always surpass an equally hard working but untalented person. But ambition and determination itself are talents if you ask me.

You have no choice on how naturally smart you are. Likewise you don't really have much of a choice on how naturally hardworking and ambitious you are. Everyone is born with different levels of talent as well as emotional strength and willpower.
Jun 10, 2016 2:23 AM

Feb 2015
Because I believe that work will get you everything, because human capacity is infinite.

I consider talent as a head start compared to those with none, however, with certain effort given by the hard worker, I'm definitely sure he/she can surmount the talented one (that is, if he doesn't work hard)
Jun 10, 2016 2:34 AM

Feb 2016
"A dropout can surpass a genius through hardwork"
--Rock Lee (funny coz it never happened to him)

In reality, if we say just talented but not hardworking in comparison to hardworking but not talented, it is possible that the latter can surpass the former.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 10, 2016 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
DarkAngel035 said:

In reality, if we say just talented but not hardworking in comparison to hardworking but not talented, it is possible that the latter can surpass the former. À

Rock lee is a good example, the thing is he's an anime character, sorry.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 10, 2016 2:36 AM
Apr 2013
Another thread which is an exact copy of ones we've seen before
I think talent and hard work are both usually irrelevant, luck and strategy are more important.
Jun 10, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
depends on the level of talent and hard work really, if the level of talent is so high then an average level of hard work will not able to surpass the genius and vice versa

but i think there is just those rare high level geniuses that are above anyone else really
Jun 10, 2016 2:42 AM

Feb 2016
Fuchsia said:
DarkAngel035 said:

In reality, if we say just talented but not hardworking in comparison to hardworking but not talented, it is possible that the latter can surpass the former. À

Yeah, just made mention about it coz I like his principle but never came true to him.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 10, 2016 2:44 AM

Jul 2013
DarkAngel035 said:
Fuchsia said:

Yeah, just made mention about it coz I like his principle but never came true to him.

I mean he was pretty strong, maybe even stronger than neji who represented talent.

nonetheless, anime.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 10, 2016 2:48 AM

Feb 2016
Fuchsia said:
DarkAngel035 said:

I mean he was pretty strong, maybe even stronger than neji who represented talent.

nonetheless, anime.

It's not an issue who quotes it, anime or not. But the statement still holds true in life.

Also I added another opinion in relation to the OP.
Jun 10, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2015
Talent almost always beats hard work, because in the end the talented individual can achieve the same as a very hardworking individual with much less effort. If the talented individual works as hard as the less talented individual, he will never achieve less. The natural affinity for a specific field can never be outshone by a hard working individual unless the talented individual in question is very lazy.
Jun 10, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2015
If talent doesn't put in the hard work, then yeah they'll get surpassed.
Jun 10, 2016 4:13 AM

May 2014
As long as someone isnt mentally impaired they can easily work hard enough to gain more skills than a gifted person.
As for actual aptitude and creativity, that I dont know.
I've been here way too long...
Jun 10, 2016 4:14 AM
Mar 2013
Talent just gives you a head start in any given area. Eventually those who work hard will surpass them
Jun 10, 2016 4:32 AM

May 2014
Its not possible to surpass a genius.

Genius LITERALLY means "better than you in some way", so no, you cant beat genius with hard work no matter for how long or how hard you try.

However, that in no way means that you should stop giving it your 100% because otherwise, that would just be a waste of potential.

Yes OP, not all people are born with equal potential.
Jun 10, 2016 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
hardwork+talent>hardwork+no talent>no hardwork+talent>no hardwork+no talent
Jun 10, 2016 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
To a certain extent, yes. I mean, will always be some people who can do a lot more with the same resources, and obviously resources are limited.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 10, 2016 6:19 AM
Mar 2015
what manga is this i am kinda interested?

For me those people have talent are just one of those lucky people who will not have to work hard to become good at something that there some one who tried hard.
Jun 10, 2016 6:31 AM

Dec 2014
Why is everyone assume that this 'talented' would NEVER work hard and give bullshit about hark worker without talent can surpass them.

Elder people telling fairytale that hard worker always surpass talent encourage people, but in the end, it is just a fairytale.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jun 10, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2016
Talent and hard work aren't separate: they go hand in hand.
Jun 10, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
If you are talented each step takes much less time and effort, and some things are nearly impossible for the other person.But everybody is talented at something, it's just that our society doesn't need some talents at all.
Jun 10, 2016 9:23 AM

Jan 2016
hey this same thing again? why cant people use the fucking search? its annoying.
Jun 10, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2016
Talent definitely exists. A talented person learns better and faster than an untalented one. But I also think that with hard work you can achieve almost anything (with some exceptions).
Jun 10, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2015
Hardwork is everything. Talent ain't shit..
Talking from personal experience.
Jun 10, 2016 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
I don't know, I remember hearing Kevin Durant saying "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to do hard work", otherwise, no.

I always saw that having raw, gifted talent means you struggle less naturally doing something compared to other less talented people, and maybe have a higher ceiling than someone who doesn't have the natural ability.
Jun 10, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2015
Talent is something you create.

Some people have the right genes and have a better starting. However, for most things in life you have to work for. You don't become a comedian or an actor or an artist in a day. You practice your skills constantly, look for sources of inspiration and so forth.

Sometimes things just 'happen' to you, like how Deftones suddenly wrote "Change" but they had a string of songs before that one. Hard work doesn't always pays off but it raises the probability.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Oct 2014
"Practice makes perfect, but only the right kind of practice", "10,000 hours in any field is enough to achieve mastery in that field". Some people are born with a natural talent for something, but generally hard work is what makes you better at something.
Jun 10, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2015
Hard work can beat talent, if the talent doesn't work at all. If we envision that the maximum level of someone's ability is set in stone, someone with talent will always have a higher maximum level of ability than someone without talent, going with the assumption that talented and gifted people have a higher max potential.

If A has a max of 100 but B has a max of 120, it's very possible for A to beat B if both of them are under 100, but as soon as B overtakes A's max, it's no longer possible for A to beat B. That's my take on talent. A talented person can work just as hard as an untalented person, but an untalented person is, as the name suggests, untalented and therefore cannot make the reverse true.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 10, 2016 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Effort will never betray you!!!!!!
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Jun 10, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2015
No Talent + no work < No Talent + work = Talent + no work < Talent + work.
Jun 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Surely we all have different attitudes, anyway also a genius have to work intensely if he/she wants to obtain results, so the hard work is always the best
Jun 10, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
Dessembrae said:
hardwork+talent>hardwork+no talent>no hardwork+talent>no hardwork+no talent

Basically this ^ Although dependent on the topic, it eventually will cap off and who you are will play the bigger factor.
Jun 10, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Shaheen- said:

Nice copypasta. :^)

I guess I should have added >=between hardwork+no talent and no hardwork+talent.
Jun 10, 2016 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

That being said, if talent decides to work hard, then just hard work will never compare.

That's life.
Signature removed. Bro, can you please follow the signature rules? How many times do I have to tell you, 300kb MAX. You know we don't have the server space for your giant ass gifs. Site & Forum Guidelines (read them dumbass).
Jun 10, 2016 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Talent comes through hard work. Can't be talented at something unless you practice.
Jun 10, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2016
You can try to achieve anything you want through hard work. If you don't put in the hours it'll lead nowhere.
TippitakJun 10, 2016 4:55 PM
Jun 10, 2016 4:51 PM
Nov 2015
Hard work can beat talent in my opinion.
Jun 10, 2016 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
At the lower and mid-levels of competition it's possible to outwork and outperform talent, as this is when the biggest gains can be made. But at the elite levels, the gifted own the day because in that strata everyone is working their asses off.

Unfortunately, you're only going so far without natural talent - doesn't matter how hard you work. I'm sorry, but this "you can achieve anything if you want it" meme is rubbish, especially in sport...
DouluoJun 10, 2016 5:14 PM
Jun 10, 2016 5:16 PM

May 2016
In my opinion, talent without hard work is nothing, while hard work can help you to reach a good level in whatever you do, although you don't have natural talent. Obviously, the best combination is talent+hard work, but if I have to choose which is more important, I'll say that it's hard work.
Jun 10, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
As far as things like sports go Talent always, hard work can only do so much but when you're performing at the highest level you can't rely on effort alone you need the technical skills as well as good decision making to be great.
Jun 10, 2016 9:27 PM
Dec 2014
Agreed with the poster above.

You can go from below average to above average with hard work, but once you compete at the highest level, chances are you can't outtrain others without getting injured.

And even outside sports I think that it is possible to become great at something if you put the effort. To be at the top of the other 7B people in the world at something though, you are going to need to be very blessed (and put the effort). We are all bound by the same number of hour per day and the amount of hard work we can put is bound by that.
Jun 10, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2015
Dessembrae said:
Shaheen- said:

Nice copypasta. :^)

I guess I should have added >=between hardwork+no talent and no hardwork+talent.

We are the minions. Our job is to copy-pasta as it is. You have defiled the sanctity of our brotherhood. You'll be punished accordingly.

But seriously, you aint even worth punishment.
Jun 10, 2016 9:52 PM

Jul 2014
The thing is most skills can only be developed so much... While a talented person may reach that level of skill a lot faster there's no difference when both parties have hit the ceiling.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Jun 11, 2016 12:31 AM

May 2015
AxBattler said:
Agreed with the poster above.

You can go from below average to above average with hard work, but once you compete at the highest level, chances are you can't outtrain others without getting injured.

And even outside sports I think that it is possible to become great at something if you put the effort. To be at the top of the other 7B people in the world at something though, you are going to need to be very blessed (and put the effort). We are all bound by the same number of hour per day and the amount of hard work we can put is bound by that.

But pretty much everyone in those major leagues worked hard, no? Is there any athlete that was simply born fit, and didn't have to go through crazy training for this?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 11, 2016 1:06 AM
Dec 2014
@TheBrainintheJar

Of course everyone who compete at the highest level also need to train.
But because they do, it inevitably means that the less talented won't be able to enter those leagues no matter how much harder than train.. because there is a limit as to how hard you train before it counter-productive (i.e. end up injured because you did not rest enough).
Jun 11, 2016 3:11 AM

Oct 2011
If people don't have any immediate talent, then they try to make up for it through hard work. Though there are talented people who can't be easily outmatched by someone who does everything through hard work.
Jun 11, 2016 3:49 AM

Jun 2016
I think talented people will always carry some sort of charm in what they do. Its why some people are more famous in a certain field than others.
Jun 11, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2016
work hard all you want because a talented person will end up shitting on you and without much effort :p
Jun 11, 2016 10:42 AM

Sep 2015
Talent. Better if the talent works hard
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What jobs do you all have? ( 1 2 )

AnxiousMike - Feb 11, 2023

83 by Dracowyn »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

34 by LoveYourEyes »»
10 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

37 by Voila_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 9 hours ago

26 by aikaflip »»
2 hours ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

317 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.