Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
BigBoss said:
cronosteso23 said:

Kurapika's main purpose: recover Kurta eyes

Why is not an aspull:
1. he did not use vow-limitation
2. he was suffocated
3. Nen becomes stronger after death (strong will)
4. he use properties of gum

debatable:
1. time of revival later-death
2. Did hisoka accept his defeat, since he did not use the properties of gum to recover his leg/hand against Chrollo?

1. Shouldn't that make it an asspull? he pulled something this big with just his regular hatsu without making any extreme conditions like a nen vow.
2. Yes and apparently it wasn't enough for him to stay dead with that one.
3. And it seems it became self aware as the timing to revive him was just perfect.
4. And rubber, don't forget the rubber.

1. you are not 100% wrong. I mean I'm not 100% right.. is debatable
- Nen is influenced by one's mental condition and emotional state
- Nen also does not necessarily disappear following death. In fact, sometimes death can reinforce an ability's strength. If someone dies holding a deep grudge, their Nen will remain and seek out the object of hatred.
- those facts were presented before this fighting took place

I mean is Hisoka Bizarre Adventure
but man... everybody goes to dark Continent.
Chrollo/phantom troupe is a passenger and Hisoka Knew that the troupe is Chrollo's weakness or maybe the only way to watch chrollo once again
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 9, 2016 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
Ireva said:

You summed everything up very nicely. Asspull is overused IMO. It's not like Togashi contradicted anything he's established before.

Contradiction is plot hole. Asspull just refers to something happening out of nowhere without foreshadowing or planning.
Jun 9, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
1) Hisoka being alive is NOT a Deus ex or plot. Togashi showed us in the Ant arc that it is possible to a) use NEN to manipulate your body to fight after death and b) alter a human being to the point they can use smart autonomous commands. Both of these abilities were show cased by Pitou. With regards to Hisoka, he did not sustain any damage to his brain, heart, or lungs. It therefore stands to reason he could do what Pitou did to Kaitou, but on himself.

2) Hisoka gave himself the condition of Death. There is no stronger condition. Had Hisoka's body been damage to the point he'd been blown apart, what he did would not have worked. This is why it was so genius to pay Machi as a back-up. Nonetheless, in a fight against someone who renders you to paste, or who "double taps" like they did against the Ants, Hisoka's ability will not work.

3) Hisoka actually got an unknown power-boost because "Nen" is stronger after death. Besides being able to create his own limbs and stop bleeding, it now stands to reason that Hisoka can even super reinforce the inside of his body via converting nen to rubber or gum. All in all, Hisoka has basically been boosted enough that his power can now be relevant in an arc where only Top Tier need apply. Sorry, Gon.

4) Hisoka is still 100% true to his character. Hisoka lost the fight. He challenged an opponent who he knew was strong, but the fight was not 1 on 1. *Nen abilities can render a fight never be 1 on 1, which is fine. But Kuroro outright burrowed from the troupes' power. Yes, he used his own copy ability, but unlike against an enemy, the troupe would willingly give him their power for the fight. Hisoka killing them all is not to "weaken" Kuroro, but to face Kuroro purely in another match. For any kind of rematch would be Hisoka against Kuroro + the whole troupe (or any of their abilities). This is not a fight Hisoka can win, and is in fact simply a headlong rush into suicide. That is not Hisoka. Battle with the potential for victory where your life is on the line is. And assassinating troupe members still plays into that.

5) Hisoka's estimation of people's battle power has neglible bearing from now on. All those numbers over the zodiack mean jack and shit. llumi is the only one he knows...and likely has full knowledge of. Therefore all Zodiacks can in fact be near Royal Guard level overall (depending on their abilities)...or at least above Morau from now on. -comment from Mangastream
Sup...
Jun 9, 2016 10:34 AM
Oct 2015
DarkAngel035 said:
I have this feeling that Hisoka will not stay alive for so long.

That's where your wrong my friend
Jun 9, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2008
BigBoss said:
Dangerr said:
The condition literally involved death. Hisoka's one of those very few individuals with the absolute resolve to die when forming a Nen-contract; almost anyone would keep a small amount of hope or self-preservation in their heart. He and Gon have shown that they can completely abandon that inclination.

Granted, Hisoka gambled that he would be able to revive himself, but death was stipulated all the same.

But what price did he pay then? sure it seems that he didn't really heal any of his missing limbs but it sure looks like he doesn't need them as bungee gum is even more then enough of a replacement. This was such a huge feat yet almost nothing was payed as a price, if something will be brought up in future chapters I am looking forward to that but from what we currently have, I'm not buying this shit.
I'm saying that the price was death. There was zero assurance that he would actually revive. I understand that you're frustrated that there isn't an obvious, enduring consequence of his action, but it's already pretty well-established that there are loopholes in the system that can have net gains far beyond what should be normally possible; this is one of those scenarios. Similar to the sun and moon seals keeping stamped clones from disappearing.
Jun 9, 2016 10:38 AM
Oct 2015
Hisoka is truly OP if his BG can bring him back to life
Jun 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2016
Solewun said:
DarkAngel035 said:
I have this feeling that Hisoka will not stay alive for so long.

That's where your wrong my friend

I won't agree that you're right either. It's clearly a statement I made out of my gut feeling which can be proven wrong when more chapters have been released. Until then, it may still be true or not.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 9, 2016 10:40 AM
Apr 2014

----------------------------------------------------------
Jun 9, 2016 10:42 AM
Nov 2012
Wow, did not see that ending coming. I laughed just because how unbelievable it was. I do appreciate that the full Phantom Troupe is coming back into the main story, but it was a shame to lose two members right off the bat. Did not like how Hisoka was able to bring himself back to life again. I had a feeling he wouldn't die, but the whole experience made everything feel cheap. While it seemed weird that Hisoka would just kill the two without having a real fight (I could've sworn he preferred to fight people in their prime condition), it made sense considering it takes away two of Chrollo's skills that lead to Hisoka's defeat. The DC arc is getting more interesting.
Jun 9, 2016 10:43 AM
Jun 2015
Drake1000 said:

----------------------------------------------------------

I hope the 10th new member is someone we already know
Jun 9, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:
cronosteso23 said:

Kurapika's main purpose: recover Kurta eyes

Why is not an aspull:
1. he did not use vow-limitation
2. he was suffocated
3. Nen becomes stronger after death (strong will)
4. he use properties of gum

debatable:
1. time of revival later-death
2. Did hisoka accept his defeat, since he did not use the properties of gum to recover his leg/hand against Chrollo?

The brain damage and the timing are the issues I have with this, Togashi should've clarified the timing of his revival and why, "O my rubber Nen" just chose this convenient time to revive him after he was transported back to that room and the troupe finished checking up on him? give me a fucking break, also he should've also had the brain damage stuff covered.

I've made this point before, but I think the time of arrival can be estimated from the fact that the CPR was successful with next to no brain damage, meaning that it all happened within a short time span (also rendering the convenient timing of the Nen activation less unlikely). I don't think it was necessary to put in a "x minutes later" title card à la Spongebob. Ultimately, we don't have all the information necessary to arrive at a unique conclusion, so all we can do is resort to inference to the best explanation. In this case, the best explanation is not only the most plausible one, but also the one who makes the story as internally consistent as possible.
Jun 9, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
MSV said:
chapter 9, haha xD

This pretty much explains everything. Hilarious

---
To those who have brought up that Hisoka should have gotten brain damage due to deprivation of oxygen for that long(not sure how long), well you should know since then that he's been pretty much brain damage ever since the first time he was introduced. Probably even when he was a baby (Pretty convenient, indeed)
DarkAngel035Jun 9, 2016 11:00 AM
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 9, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Kinda tired with the Spiders tagging along everywhere, Greed Island, the Ant fight, now DC. I just don't find it appealing anymore, and I'd like to see Kurapika grow out of this pointless vendetta mode. DC has so much potential for new blood and storylines, I don't feel a closure to the PT/Kurapika story is needed, at least not within this arc.
Jun 9, 2016 10:52 AM
Nov 2014
LOVED IT! I really don't see why people hate it so much. It IS the best outcome of a fight like this. + Togashi just put Ryodan in DC + Hisoka hunting them. I love the thrill it gives
Jun 9, 2016 10:56 AM

Dec 2011
Amazing chapter. Hisoka is on to killed and this is the most dangerous things...
Jun 9, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2011
well not mad that either of those guys survived or even that all the damage they got was pointless, i was expecting it since the fight started
an im kinda glad that 2 of the spiders are already dead, ive been thinking since Yorkshin that Chrollo was the only threat an maybe 3 more arent worthless fodder
Jun 9, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2011
https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/4naohf/357_lets_talk_about_hisoka/

Taken from NateXNate
"First of all: This chapter was awesome as hell, i didn't expected this to happen at all! I reread it mutliple times to finally understand it.
But now let's talk about a few things: 1) Hisoka's "reanimating" 2) Hisoka's "healing" 3) The murdered troop members

1) Hisoka was 100% dead as confirmed by the troupe members. His body had the following injuries:
face
neck
blown off right feet
blown off left hand fingers
Shalnark explained that the cause of his death was suffocation and i googled for how long someone could be reanimated who isn't breathing anymore:
"For instance, there are countless people who have been subject to hypothermia, have their heart stopped for over 45 minutes, and still have been successfully revived. So many, in fact, that the current guideline set by the American Heart Association (AHA) is that you continue trying to revive the person until their core body temperature is above 95 degrees Fahrenheit- 95 degrees, because below that is the technical definition of hypothermia. The mantra in that situation is, “They’re not dead until they’re warm and dead.”"
--> So there is more than enough time for Hisoka to do this!
How was he able to do it? Because of his special Nen ability which possesses the ability of both rubber and gum! This is very important because without these abilities we won't be able to do that.
Hisoka protected his lungs with his injured hand and put the intact hand around his own heart and placed these conditions:
after i'm dead
activate yourself
along with my heart and lungs
surround them
expand and contract (this is the reanimating process)
This was NOT Nen getting stronger after death as Machi thought but a normal applied condition to his body parts. This is the exact same thing as what happened when Gon found Ging's tape, there it deleted itself no matter where Ging was or if he was still alive or already dead. It was also a condition set on the tape that activates when Gon pressed the stop button!
EDIT: In case he get blown apart it wouldn't work so he payed machi in advance to patch him up so it would work! Some kind of back-up!

2) His "healing" was complex too. In fact he didn't actually really heal, he just let it look like that on most parts.
he stopped the bleeding on his neck with gum aura (as he did in the fight with Kastro!)
he reproduced his look on his face/neck with Texture Surprise (i think on a layer of gum, again same as in the Kastro fight!)
he molted his lost fingers out of rubber and put texture surprise uppon them
same with his right foot
But i said that he was not healed for sure and this is correct. If he releases his Nen for either part it will just fall apart again! We can even see that in the current chapter: On page 18 when Shalnark tried to attack Hisoka we can see on the bottom right panel that Hisoka's foot is "contract"ing to bounce him off the ground with "expand"!

3) He killed them with ease. How can this be?
Chrollo was still in possession of their special Nen powers
Kortopi wasn't very strong as far as we know, he was a character that was more focused on theft, misdirection and tracking rather than pure combat abilities like Uvo. sadly we didn't see his fight
Shalnark was strong with his antenna (Chrollo still has it so no autopilot) but now that he has no access to them he was an easy target for Hisoka. He let him see Kortopi's head to misdirect his attention for the final blow
edit: Someone posted a very nice thread about Shalnark's fortune coming true!
--> As a conclusion Chrollo will 100% notice that the pages of Kortopi's and Shalnark's abilities vanish!"
Jun 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2015
Guilek said:
UpperCat said:
The only thing I couldn't really understand was How could Hisoka survive that blast with such magnitude? and ho exactly this "Nen become stronger through death" works?

Because of all the corpse like Sharnalk said:
"I kind of expected him to have taken more damages than this"
"They ended up serving to "cushion" him from the explosion somewhat"
He died from suffocation.

Ah, I see. I re-read the chapter again and I kinda understand it right now. Thanks for the explanation btw.

keragamming said:
UpperCat said:

Also what exactly are needed in order to do that, do they need to match certain condition or requirements first? because from all I can see, it is just need a strong will there.

lol, no explanation needed, just some made up bullshit that you should turn your brain off and don't think too much into it. Or use the cheap excuse of having a strong will to live like you said. Though in other situation using the strong will to live theme isn't bad, but for this case, it screams bullshit.

Don't really care though, Never thought Hisoka would die anyways and killing off such a great character would be a waste imo. Killing boring Gon would be a better option. ;)

Yeah, maybe you're right. As so far, I really couldn't find the plausible answer for this phenomenon that fits the context of their universe. I shouldn't overthink it.
I still like it however, maybe I am just bit more tolerant about it in the end, plus I haven't read many manga to begin with, so I am quite easy to get impressed :)

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jun 9, 2016 11:19 AM

Feb 2016
Does nobody still hasn't brought up what Chrollo said in this chapter?

He is currently set on stealing this immensely valuable treasure that the Kakin Royal family is keeping on the ship. Could he be talking about the fourth Prince of Kakin? If so, then that moment when he'd realize that this treasure is the Kurta eyes which he sold to the Kakin prince, and which eyes he has previously said he has grown tired of looking. Poor Chrollo. He'll get trolled.
Jun 9, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2013
Jesus Christ, Hisoka manipulated the death nen and it worked XD
10 more? either the nen exorcist joined or another one we haven't seen yet.

Also if Hisoka kills Kaulluto he'll have the whole Zoldyck family after him XD
Slaughter Parade indeed.

Machi was too damn soft, now Chrollo lost his 2 powers too.
Shalnark :'(
Jun 9, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
cronosteso23 said:
keragamming said:

lol, no explanation needed, just some made up bullshit that you should turn your brain off and don't think too much into it. Or use the cheap excuse of having a strong will to live like you said. Though in other situation using the strong will to live theme isn't bad, but for this case, it screams bullshit.

Don't really care though, Never thought Hisoka would die anyways and killing off such a great character would be a waste imo. Killing boring Gon would be a better option. ;)

you are conveniently ignoring the point.
it's bullshit when did not make sense, however is debatible and negative How Saiyajines did not increase his power after Freezer arc

I have no idea what you're talking about mate. I can't understand gibberish.

H-X-H said:
keragamming said:

Why are you reading HxH since it's shit?? you're so annoying

When did I say it's shit? Also I like how you ignore the fact that my initial comment was one of the "rare" positive ones that were in the sea of negativity. Majority of the comments in this thread said this chapter was shit! I said it wasn't that bad. but you choose to attack me because I said a few bad things about it??

@UpperCat atleast you weren't blind to the bullshit that was happening in this chapter.
keragammingJun 9, 2016 11:57 AM
Jun 9, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
People are bitching far too much about Hisoka coming back to life. He didn't do anything which was not previously established in HxH. If people can't remember, Pitou used it's Nen after death to cut off Gon's hand due to the devotion to King. Similarly, Hisoka is addicted to fighting, he just can't get enough of it. Just before he died, he stabbed his right hand into his chest and connected Bungee Gum to his heart and lungs with an order to expand and contract. As soon as his Nen appeared, that order was executed, resulting in his blood flowing and his lungs drawing breath. After that, he repaired damage to his body, something he has done before in a battle against Kastro. So, nothing weird there. The only part I have trouble swallowing is him not being brain dead, but I am sure some Nen mumbo jumbo and his life as a fighter were the reasons which saved him.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 9, 2016 12:09 PM
Apr 2015
I can't find the page where you can get 100% accuracy of timeline events,you base your theory on the first 2 pages of the chapter.
What if they get the body and checked it after the explosion?There are no paramedic around,what if they are still inside the tower? They just took the body and escaped,the events can simple happened in 5m max.
Im a hxh fan,nanikawas a big Deus ex. made for the sake of gon.but after the Dark continent Arc it just plausible that she came from there,( Silva's words :It came from some unnatural,wrong place").
This hisoka jesus trick is quite standard for the hxh universe.
TrueHaremKingJun 9, 2016 12:18 PM
Jun 9, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Dimitrije1606 said:
People are bitching far too much about Hisoka coming back to life. He didn't do anything which was not previously established in HxH. If people can't remember, Pitou used it's Nen after death to cut off Gon's hand due to the devotion to King. Similarly, Hisoka is addicted to fighting, he just can't get enough of it. Just before he died, he stabbed his right hand into his chest and connected Bungee Gum to his heart and lungs with an order to expand and contract. As soon as his Nen appeared, that order was executed, resulting in his blood flowing and his lungs drawing breath. After that, he repaired damage to his body, something he has done before in a battle against Kastro. So, nothing weird there. The only part I have trouble swallowing is him not being brain dead, but I am sure some Nen mumbo jumbo and his life as a fighter were the reasons which saved him.

He didn't repair the wounds and limbs tho, he literally replaced his limbs and covered up his wounds with bungee gum, you can even see in the panel where he jumps sharnalk that his missing leg is indeed replaced with bungee gum. He didn't even do that against Kastro he just patched it up as he still needed Machi after the match to sew his arm back up, same with this case if he releases his bungee gum he will probably kinda fall apart and start loosing blood. Pitou is not really the same as Pitou didn't really issue the command it just happend out of her loyalty and will to protect the king that her nen formed after her death as Hisoka just commanded his hatsu to revive? him after his heart and lungs stopped but it didn't really do that or rather the activation was delayed wich was really weird as it waited for just the perfect convinient mommen to bring him back but maybe it will be better explained later.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 9, 2016 12:19 PM
Jan 2016
People who keep saying Deux Ex Machina and Asspull clearly don't know the meaning behind both of the words.

Togashi has said it time and time again that Nen can transcend death.

If you were expecting some generic shonen climax your reading the wrong manga. Go read Fairy Tail because Hunter x Hunter isn't for you.
LaugastsJun 9, 2016 12:26 PM
Jun 9, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2010
Laugasts said:
If you were expecting some generic shonen climax your reading the wrong manga. Go read Fairy Tail because Hunter x Hunter isn't for you.

Really lol? this is literally something that I would expect out of a generic shounen manga rather than HxH. Still can't say maybe the explanation will be better later on if Togashi will touch upon it but pls, saying that ppl who call this asspull don't know the meaning of the word is incredibly stupid as if you read at least some of the replies in this whole thread you would see why.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 9, 2016 12:32 PM
Jan 2013
cronosteso23 said:

Okay, I'll try to understand this post since I can't quite understand the chapter:
1. I can't say anything about the hypothermia thing, because I'm not well-versed in biology, so can someone enlighten me about this "brain damage from stopped blood circulation" thing? Does it mean after certain time (which I presume around 6 minutes) heart stopped pumping the body brain will start to take damage, not suddenly dying?
---
back on the topic, does that mean Hisoka ordered his nen to perform some kind of CPR (but also control the timing when someone checked his pulse and breathing to stop in order not to be found out, I guess?) but it took a long time to "revive" Hisoka since Nen remains after death (and get stronger) to obey his command? OK
2. I can figure out by myself. Funny question though, how come the big wounds didn't let out so much blood past the lethal amount?
3. That's also understandable but it's that I'm down Shalnark died :(
(Also if the fortune is true, does that means Shizuku (and one more person will die) but also Togashi's saving Feitan and Phinks for Hisoka's fight? And if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Fortune tell about near future? since the actualization is far after the fortune was made...)
dex_dashJun 9, 2016 12:35 PM
Jun 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2012
Terrible chapter, so many characters acting OOC:

-Where were the other members of the trope, remember their reactions when Kurapica kidnapped Chroll, and the great lengths they went to in order to find that nen eraser, but suddendly only three of them care enough to watch this death fight that could be have been his last?

- Why would Shalnark and Kortopi team up if none of them can use their hatsu. I thought the members of the trope were supposed to care about each other.

- Why does Hisoka want to kill the rest of the trope, I thought he wanted to fight strong opponents, so why does he want to beat a weaker Chrollo?

- If Hisoka plans on killing all the trope like his "10 more to go" suggests, why the fuck didn't he kill Machi?
Jun 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:

-Where were the other members of the trope, remember their reactions when Kurapica kidnapped Chroll, and the great lengths they went to in order to find that nen eraser, but suddendly only three of them care enough to watch this death fight that could be have been his last?

- Why would Shalnark and Kortopi team up if none of them can use their hatsu. I thought the members of the trope were supposed to care about each other.

- Why does Hisoka want to kill the rest of the trope, I thought he wanted to fight strong opponents, so why does he want to beat a weaker Chrollo?

- If Hisoka plans on killing all the trope like his "10 more to go" suggests, why the fuck didn't he kill Machi?

I agree with everything you've said, too many characters behaving OOC.
Jun 9, 2016 1:02 PM

Jun 2013
Reread the chapter a few times, and the things that bother me with his revival, are the fact that he should be brain damaged, the timing of the BG activating, and the fact that he's just fine...
Jun 9, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
Hisoka is a transmuter: An affinity for Transmutation means a person can change the properties of their aura to mimic something else.[3] Similar to Emission, things created via Transmutation are pure aura

It makes sense
Many transmuters rely on techniques that give unique and unpredictable properties to their Nen that reflects their personalities

dex_dash said:
cronosteso23 said:

Okay, I'll try to understand this post since I can't quite understand the chapter:
1. I can't say anything about the hypothermia thing, because I'm not well-versed in biology, so can someone enlighten me about this "brain damage from stopped blood circulation" thing? Does it mean after certain time (which I presume around 6 minutes) heart stopped pumping the body brain will start to take damage, not suddenly dying?
---
back on the topic, does that mean Hisoka ordered his nen to perform some kind of CPR (but also control the timing when someone checked his pulse and breathing to stop in order not to be found out, I guess?) but it took a long time to "revive" Hisoka since Nen remains after death (and get stronger) to obey his command? OK
2. I can figure out by myself. Funny question though, how come the big wounds didn't let out so much blood past the lethal amount?
3. That's also understandable but it's that I'm down Shalnark died :(
(Also if the fortune is true, does that means Shizuku (and one more person will die) but also Togashi's saving Feitan and Phinks for Hisoka's fight? And if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Fortune tell about near future? since the actualization is far after the fortune was made...)

it's true that the most of brain will have lethal damage 3 minutes after the heart stops beating. BUT there are cases in which a person did not suffer any damage.

- do you know that some people may live whit only a half of his brain?

ANYWAY this manga is UNREAL
cronosteso23Jun 9, 2016 1:29 PM
Jun 9, 2016 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
Looks like Hisoka has a soft spot for Machi after all. >.<
He didn't kill her right away, maybe because they are close or also the reason that she reconnected Hisoka's body parts.

I'd really like to see Hisoka battle other Troupe members, he is not just looking for strong opponents, but assassinating them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 2:05 PM
Apr 2015
Lizzy_Fizz said:
SetsukoHara said:

A :They were a team of 3 + boss.Who the fuck expected the clown to survive?machi got stuck and they were without their main ability.
A:Chrollo used the trope ability to beat the clown.No trope no advantage.Probably you didn't get that he is quite mad right now.

Because probably they have a more deep relationship,or he just decide to let her live to spread the "news",she is another toy to play with

I agree with everything you've said, too many characters behaving OOC.

You guys don't understand stuff that you get by reading the chapter. feelsbadman
Jun 9, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
Hisoka is serioulsly broken
Jun 9, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not saying what happened in this chapter is not an ass pull but we don't know anything yet. The manga didn't end yet, there's still more chapters coming out, maybe we will get more answers next week. Stop complaining about things we can only speculate on. Hisoka said before he died: "Well if I'm going to die anyways. I might as well try this out". Meaning he himself didn't know if it's gonna work, he just tried it out hoping it will work which it did. People saying "only main characters can do this" when literally everyone that died didn't even try something like this. Now this is probably an ass pull alright but it's as much of an ass pull as any other ass pull in hunter. Like I said, I'm not justifying that what happened wasn't an ass pull, all I'm trying to say is, give it time, don't complain yet. If there is no answer given, THEN complain.

Also I don't get why people are asking what's the consequences to what he just did when it literally just happened. Give it time, there might be one, it just didn't get explained in this chapter.
Jun 9, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
strider98 said:
bobzanny said:

Perfectly summarized chapter.

Really really disappointed on how two spiders are insta killed when we spent 7 chapters on the Chrollo Fight.

Well chrollo still has their nen powers, so they were already weakened but still a glimpse of their fight could have been shown, although I very much doubt how long was lol after zombie hisoka.

Also it was kinda foreshadowed abt shalnark https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/4nanjt/shalnarks_fortune/

I agree with all other points though. I will also add hisoka felt a bit out of character for me.

Still seems a bit rushed imo, and as you said really out of character for Hisoka unless I missed something. Idk I guess to me it feels really spur of the moment from Togashi to go down this route.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 9, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
cronosteso23 said:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/4naohf/357_lets_talk_about_hisoka/

Taken from NateXNate
"First of all: This chapter was awesome as hell, i didn't expected this to happen at all! I reread it mutliple times to finally understand it.
But now let's talk about a few things: 1) Hisoka's "reanimating" 2) Hisoka's "healing" 3) The murdered troop members

1) Hisoka was 100% dead as confirmed by the troupe members. His body had the following injuries:
face
neck
blown off right feet
blown off left hand fingers
Shalnark explained that the cause of his death was suffocation and i googled for how long someone could be reanimated who isn't breathing anymore:
"For instance, there are countless people who have been subject to hypothermia, have their heart stopped for over 45 minutes, and still have been successfully revived. So many, in fact, that the current guideline set by the American Heart Association (AHA) is that you continue trying to revive the person until their core body temperature is above 95 degrees Fahrenheit- 95 degrees, because below that is the technical definition of hypothermia. The mantra in that situation is, “They’re not dead until they’re warm and dead.”"
--> So there is more than enough time for Hisoka to do this!
How was he able to do it? Because of his special Nen ability which possesses the ability of both rubber and gum! This is very important because without these abilities we won't be able to do that.
Hisoka protected his lungs with his injured hand and put the intact hand around his own heart and placed these conditions:
after i'm dead
activate yourself
along with my heart and lungs
surround them
expand and contract (this is the reanimating process)
This was NOT Nen getting stronger after death as Machi thought but a normal applied condition to his body parts. This is the exact same thing as what happened when Gon found Ging's tape, there it deleted itself no matter where Ging was or if he was still alive or already dead. It was also a condition set on the tape that activates when Gon pressed the stop button!
EDIT: In case he get blown apart it wouldn't work so he payed machi in advance to patch him up so it would work! Some kind of back-up!

2) His "healing" was complex too. In fact he didn't actually really heal, he just let it look like that on most parts.
he stopped the bleeding on his neck with gum aura (as he did in the fight with Kastro!)
he reproduced his look on his face/neck with Texture Surprise (i think on a layer of gum, again same as in the Kastro fight!)
he molted his lost fingers out of rubber and put texture surprise uppon them
same with his right foot
But i said that he was not healed for sure and this is correct. If he releases his Nen for either part it will just fall apart again! We can even see that in the current chapter: On page 18 when Shalnark tried to attack Hisoka we can see on the bottom right panel that Hisoka's foot is "contract"ing to bounce him off the ground with "expand"!

3) He killed them with ease. How can this be?
Chrollo was still in possession of their special Nen powers
Kortopi wasn't very strong as far as we know, he was a character that was more focused on theft, misdirection and tracking rather than pure combat abilities like Uvo. sadly we didn't see his fight
Shalnark was strong with his antenna (Chrollo still has it so no autopilot) but now that he has no access to them he was an easy target for Hisoka. He let him see Kortopi's head to misdirect his attention for the final blow
edit: Someone posted a very nice thread about Shalnark's fortune coming true!
--> As a conclusion Chrollo will 100% notice that the pages of Kortopi's and Shalnark's abilities vanish!"

He explained it even better than I. I thought that Hisoka took a gamble of his Nen appearing and won it, but placing a condition actually makes quite a bit of sense. I am not saying it's not a bit asspulling, but it's an asspull which can be covered with the limits set in story. Much like Rose has been foreshadowed.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 9, 2016 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
Plot armor saved Hisoka's ass and then he casually kills off some PT members? wtf. Hisoka just turned into a shitty character, smfh.
Jun 9, 2016 2:58 PM
Apr 2016
Nothing wrong with asspulls as long as they do make sens, and this one.... FUCKING DOES! FUCK YEAH HISOKA!!!

Everybody aboard the DC boat!
Jun 9, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2012
SetsukoHara said:

Great point on the other members not being there to witness this dm. Maybe he let them know that they didn't need to worry about him.

Well I mean they had Machi with them but then Machi got tied up

Probably pissed about losing to Chrollo and now might have a new mindset. Could also be to attract his attention seeing as how Chrollo does care about the troupe(Uvo). Does seem out of character though.

There is probably something more to their relationship then meets the eye. He likes her so maybe he didn't want to kill her like that. Definitely weird.
you sound poor
Jun 9, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
Wow Hisoka is going after his own !!
Jun 9, 2016 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
It seems some of you guys didn't like the chapter at all. I didn't think it was amazing, Hisoka's way to revive might have been a bit confusing but I think this could turn out to be very interesting, I mean, he killing all Ryodan members, I found the second part of the chapter really interesting
Jun 9, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2009
lol I knew I d see a fest of 'Asspull!' here. Hisoka's resurection kinda make sense to me, he probably did set some conditions that werent mentioned (eg: The body has to be still 90% whole, the cause of death cant be xxx xxx or xxx...). He tried to use his last seconds of life to save his own ass and it worked.

I can't fully understand his motive to go after the spiders (besides maybe revenge against Chrollo). I am not surprised that he starts off by killing the weakests of the gang though, it makes the rest easier.
Jun 9, 2016 3:40 PM
May 2010
HxH is shounen so I'm not really bother about how Hisoka conveniently use his nen to revive himself, heck I won't be surprised if later Kurapika can revive himself using his chain or Killua using his electric nen to shock back to life or even if Leorio won't stay dead using his special nen power scratch that, if Leorio die, he'll die for good.

I'm more bothered with how some characters acting OOC just like pointed out by post #228
Jun 9, 2016 3:44 PM

Jan 2012
I liked this chapter mainly because my bloodlust was satisfied hehe(eat shit n die spiders) I wanted death and I got it.

So new member in troupe huh hopefully another trap seeing as how hxh loves its traps or maybe its Gyro lol.

So Hisoka's powers got stronger due to dieing? He still has no leg and fingers.

Machi is a softy haha looked so moe during the "helping boss with nen exorcism" line

Looks like we are getting a bloody bath royale. I hope the author can keep this pace up. Reaching 370 for the year would be fine for me. Then he can hiatus again or whatev.
you sound poor
Jun 9, 2016 3:48 PM
Mar 2015
SetsukoHara said:

Because he needs her to deliver the message? And like Shalnark said, it's been a long time since Troupe has gotten together. So of course they all wouldn't be there.
KilluaX4Jun 9, 2016 4:23 PM
Jun 9, 2016 3:50 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the chapter. Hilarious to see Qwyrrolololcucks buttblasted XD
Jun 9, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2016
People shouting "asspull" are just salty that Hisoka didn't die, even though everything he pulled off was legit and has already been previously explained in HxH. At least Togashi gives plausible explanations for these kinda stunts, unlike most other shounen series (*cough* Bleach *cough*)

I lol'd when some people mentioned Hisoka should've been brain dead after few minutes due to lack of oxygen, when pre-Nen Gon could hold his breath for 10 minutes without struggle.

Anyway, I loved this chapter, and the last pages left me shocked AF! I feel bad for Sharlnak tho..I doubt any other Troupe member would've been so sentimental to be caught off guard by that. I imagine people like Phinks or Feitan wouldn't be budged by seeing Hisoka holding Kortopi's head.
Jun 9, 2016 4:25 PM

Sep 2015
This is either too deep or too silly but I think it's deep .. I'm in love with Hisoka right now , HISOKA don't need a REASON to kill someone :D

Come on ,people say why he killed those 2? guys he's hisoka not gon , who said he's a good guy in the first place?
Jun 9, 2016 4:26 PM
Jun 2013
I'm very surprised actually, when I first read the spoilers I though the backlash would be much bigger than that, surprisingly most people seemed to like the chapter a lot.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.