Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 9, 2016 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
What
This is Nanika all over again

What Hisoka used was an asspull in its most pure form.

"But it wasn't guaranteed to work!"
"But he just did CPR!"

It worked, it's an asspull. Never have we heard about someone deliberately using his nen after death. That would be like commanding my nen to delete my internet history after my death.

Machi part was so stupid I was tempted to jump off my window and end my life. Did she suddenly forget that Hisoka indirectly killed two members of the spider? She has absolutely no reason to go soft on him, Hisoka just wanted to help the boss in order to kill him next. Also, why didn't Hisoka accept Machi stitching him up? His fingers and leg are just made of rubber now, he can't use them like before. If he's fine with this and the rubber parts are boosting his fighting abilities, why didn't he do the same thing against Kastro with his arm? Finally, if the troupe really wanted to confirm Hisoka's death, why didn't they bring someone stronger like Feitan or Phinks? If Hisoka wakes up (which he did), everyone's fucked. Why confirm his death in the first place?

Completely fucked conclusion to this fight, it feels like the point of Hisoka vs Chrollo was just to show that Hisoka doesn't stand a chance against a prepared Chrollo. Gave me some pretty good laughs however and I like where the story is going, so 5/5.
Jun 9, 2016 8:36 AM

Aug 2014
blackjew said:
BigBoss said:

Yes the brain fully dies in 3 or so minutes so even if they did hit the timing for the massaging heart and lungs the brain functionality would be long gone. Never mentioned that Bungee Gum has any healing powers but at how "versatile" it is that wtf is even the limit to that then.

And I'm saying it isn't versatile in the way you're implying in this topic. lol

All it did was contract and expand it's just its basic function.

What can be called a problem here is just in the timing for CPR, base in real world facts of course. But we are talking about HxH. Killua has trained to withstand electric shocks and poison while not even knowing nen, so these guys are stronger people than "real" people in the first place.

And I don't know why you thought they have gone to a Hotel room and took their time and all.

Exactly. I think we have all seen way more crazy stuff in this series than in this chapter.

If a character "comes back from the dead" in any work of fiction, the first reaction is almost always disbelief. My very first reaction upon reading this chapter was also "omg wtf deus ex machina saved Hisoka", but after giving it some thought, I actually think his revival is one of the most internally consistent ones I have seen in a long time.

Also, you can argue that the very fact that the CPR was successful indicates that the time frame between the explosion and his revival was indeed a short one. AFAIK we have no other convincing means of establishing how much time has passed, so isn't it best to go with what best suits the story instead of making up numbers (some people here are claiming more than one hour has passed, why?). Come on, give Togashi some credit.
Jun 9, 2016 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
Mikasa said:
The only sensible conjecture here is what that guy said about fiction's standards compared to real life.

As for the heart rate issue, what if he only let out the blood via certain streams? And the chest beat reduced due to the gum?

Pretty sure he was full blown dead as he said it himself when he came back to life not in "maintenance half alive mode" where he somehow hid his signs of life and that wasn't even the command that he gave to bungee gum.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 9, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2012
SyrioFRL said:
blackjew said:

What can be called a problem here is just in the timing for CPR, base in real world facts of course. But we are talking about HxH. Killua has trained to withstand electric shocks and poison while not even knowing nen, so these guys are stronger people than "real" people in the first place.

And I don't know why you thought they have gone to a Hotel room and took their time and all.

Exactly. I think we have all seen way more crazy stuff in this series than in this chapter.

If a character "comes back from the dead" in any work of fiction, the first reaction is almost always disbelief. My very first reaction upon reading this chapter was also "omg wtf deus ex machina saved Hisoka", but after giving it some thought, I actually think his revival is one of the most internally consistent ones I have seen in a long time.

Also, you can argue that the very fact that the CPR was successful indicates that the time frame between the explosion and his revival was indeed a short one. AFAIK we have no other convincing means of establishing how much time has passed, so isn't it best to go with what best suits the story instead of making up numbers (some people here are claiming more than one hour has passed, why?). Come on, give Togashi some credit.

Gon did not die but I thought his survival was more intricate.
End Zionazism
Jun 9, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
Hisoka still no match against Monaka tho.
Fellaini is God
Jun 9, 2016 8:40 AM

Mar 2012
DarkAngel035 said:
Okay. I just finished reading the complete English scanlation of this chapter and it all makes sense. I know I said it felt like an asspull earlier and I take it back.

Hisoka did die due to suffocation and it's not difficult to understand why he managed to revive. He revived by giving his nen orders that should he die, let it (his nen in the form of bungee gum) revive and massage his heart and lungs. It's not that impossible given that his nen has the properties of both rubber and gum acting as protective nen from further damaging his organs and and due to his great resolve, it stayed and activated after his death. "Nen activated" after death has been already established with the Chimera Ants. Chrollo's "sun and moon" is also one example. It's not the first time HxH brought this idea and that nen after death is even much stronger.

And about Hisoka's growing limbs...no, they didn't really grow back to the original. It's more like just a facade to deceive you into thinking that his limbs and all his wounds have recovered but they have not. As I have already mentioned, his nen has the properties of rubber and gum so his "recovered" limbs and flesh parts were not real flesh and limbs but are actually made out of rubber and attached them because of its gum properties. So in a nutshell, his current form is that hideous form of his after the fight should he remove his texture surprise. There wasn't healing made. It was all a lie and deceit to look as if he actually recovers.

Nen after death was established in Yprknew. In the 1999 anime both Uvo and Paku haunt Kurapika after death.
End Zionazism
Jun 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
Mikasa said:

Gon did not die but I thought his survival was more intricate.

I completely agree, that's why I'm always careful when making such statements and used the expression "one of the most...". ;)
Jun 9, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2014
What an awful chapter, not because I hate Hisoka, but because of the blatant plot convenience some are calling an ass-pull and how it essentially reformed his character altogether. Hisoka basically assassinated both Kortopi and Shalnark, wtf?

I'm more concerned about Kalluto now. Hisoka said he was going to hunt down the rest of the troupe which puts Kalluto in danger. I love the entire Zoldyck family but his/her death would be an interesting way to involve Killua and his family in this arc, damn.

I find it hilarious how people think Feitans a badass considering how hard he struggled against that fake ant queen when compared to the other's fight against the royal guards and king who were immensely more powerful than it. That "painpacker" crap may be good in series like DBZ and Fairy Tail where all the heroes and villains stand around staring at each other during fights but in HxH, that ability's a total joke. It doesn't take much for people to die in this series, most abilities and combat presented in this show are all almost instantly fatal. Hisoka will probably one shot him, lol.

Oct 2015
His Bungee Gum brings him back to life, conveniently as soon as the other Troupe members leave the room, and also repairs his damaged limbs to the point where he can easily kill healthy Troupe members.............? And some people don't see why others would find this as plot armour?

Machi was inflicted with Plot-induced stupidity. She as an experienced Nen user knows full well how Nen works and not only decides to go tamper with Hisoka's dead body of all people, but decides to do so when the other Troupe members leave the room! Seriously?
Dec 2008
BigBoss said:
blackjew said:

That's not really all it did, it did even on the precise timing, it didn't just contract and expand how he said that it should work. he said when his heart and lungs stop that bungee gum should "contract and expand" them to full force but it only happend after 30 or so minutes, even if it was in 15 min still far fetched but hey we are talking about an asspull. Because they think he is dead? why would they be in a hurry if hey know for a fact that he is dead for what reason would they want to do this in like 5 min or so? they even checked to see if he is dead for sure, stayed in the room for a while, did we even read the same chapter?

The nen activated, the time of activation itself isn't a property of Bungee Gum. There is not really a set time for nen activation after death, if there was they would await that time to confirm. Pitou too didn't activated right away.

Well, you can call this time too convenient but as I said it doesn't have to do with Bungee Gum.

All Hisoka did was wish and give the command, he wasn't yet alive to time the command of his Bungee Gum or his nen.

He was dead and all, but clearly they weren't in a hotel room, which Hotel room has gym lockers? They must be still inside Heavens Arena. Also all this speculation about time frames is dumb.
Jun 9, 2016 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
MoonStar9 said:
His Bungee Gum brings him back to life, conveniently as soon as the other Troupe members leave the room, and also repairs his damaged limbs to the point where he can easily kill healthy Troupe members.............? And some people don't see why others would find this as plot armour?

Machi was inflicted with Plot-induced stupidity. She as an experienced Nen user knows full well how Nen works and not only decides to go tamper with Hisoka's dead body of all people, but decides to do so when the other Troupe members leave the room! Seriously?

Machi did literally nothing other than close his eyes
End Zionazism
Jun 9, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
They would have noticed that he still had a pulse.

Yeah and the whole thing is not even ambiguous, not sure what the argument is about. Hisoka asked Machi if he was dead and she said he was as dead as a rock or something, Machi has the best senses of any troupe member so if she says so, then it is beyond any reasonable doubt I think.
Jun 9, 2016 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
So is this why Kurapika was pissed? because Hisoka is in the hunt for the spiders?
Jun 9, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
I actually thought Hisoka's resurrection made sense with the Nen concepts presented so far.
Jun 9, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
This chapter was super BIZARRE.... It0s time of Hisoka Bizarre adventures

- the limit of 3 minutes refers to lethal sequels, not a brain death itself.
- there were cases in which a person did not suffer lethal consequences after getting a revival 3 minutes/more later.
- Chrollo will be a passenger, not a bodyguard

I understand the NeN. I'm completly sure that the revival was not an asspull.

In fact the criticism goes to the fact how easy Hisoka's healed his injuries after death: apparently... he's stronger. then when my Boy Gon recovers his Aura, he will be stronger

Come on.
Hisoka, Pariston, phanton trope, The zodiac, Beyond, Kurapika, Leorio, the princes: Thanks Togashi
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 9, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
blackjew said:
BigBoss said:

That's not really all it did, it did even on the precise timing, it didn't just contract and expand how he said that it should work. he said when his heart and lungs stop that bungee gum should "contract and expand" them to full force but it only happend after 30 or so minutes, even if it was in 15 min still far fetched but hey we are talking about an asspull. Because they think he is dead? why would they be in a hurry if hey know for a fact that he is dead for what reason would they want to do this in like 5 min or so? they even checked to see if he is dead for sure, stayed in the room for a while, did we even read the same chapter?

The nen activated, the time of activation itself isn't a property of Bungee Gum. There is not really a set time for nen activation after death, if there was they would await that time to confirm. Pitou too didn't activated right away.

Well, you can call this time too convenient but as I said it doesn't have to do with Bungee Gum.

All Hisoka did was wish and give the command, he wasn't yet alive to time the command of his Bungee Gum or his nen.

He was dead and all, but clearly they weren't in a hotel room, which Hotel room has gym lockers? They must be still inside Heavens Arena. Also all this speculation about time frames is dumb.

Don't know why you are so hung up on "hotel room" even if it's still in the heavens arena doesn't mean that they moved him so fast to the first available room in the arena, as I said dont' see why they would even be in a hurry.

Honestly all this debating is dumb as we are completely set upon our own standings without letting go so let's just leave it at that.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 9, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
Mikasa said:
DarkAngel035 said:
Okay. I just finished reading the complete English scanlation of this chapter and it all makes sense. I know I said it felt like an asspull earlier and I take it back.

Hisoka did die due to suffocation and it's not difficult to understand why he managed to revive. He revived by giving his nen orders that should he die, let it (his nen in the form of bungee gum) revive and massage his heart and lungs. It's not that impossible given that his nen has the properties of both rubber and gum acting as protective nen from further damaging his organs and and due to his great resolve, it stayed and activated after his death. "Nen activated" after death has been already established with the Chimera Ants. Chrollo's "sun and moon" is also one example. It's not the first time HxH brought this idea and that nen after death is even much stronger.

And about Hisoka's growing limbs...no, they didn't really grow back to the original. It's more like just a facade to deceive you into thinking that his limbs and all his wounds have recovered but they have not. As I have already mentioned, his nen has the properties of rubber and gum so his "recovered" limbs and flesh parts were not real flesh and limbs but are actually made out of rubber and attached them because of its gum properties. So in a nutshell, his current form is that hideous form of his after the fight should he remove his texture surprise. There wasn't healing made. It was all a lie and deceit to look as if he actually recovers.

Nen after death was established in Yprknew. In the 1999 anime both Uvo and Paku haunt Kurapika after death.

Yes, but the basic biology makes no sense. And the Nen thing... well it's not as simple as some say, at least there should be consequences to this... but there weren't.
Jun 9, 2016 8:56 AM

Sep 2015
The only thing I couldn't really understand was How could Hisoka survive that blast with such magnitude? and ho exactly this "Nen become stronger through death" works?

About how he fixed his wound, I think he didn't really heal all his wound at all. As far as I can understand he just use his gum and molded it like the lost parts of his body (fingers and foot) and using texture surprise to clean it and make it looks real. But the wound is technically still there, he still lost his right foot and that one he re-made is just a fake one from nen. It is almost like Aokiji who replace his foot from ice I think, also I saw one panel when his right foot turn into rubber to enhance his speed when he was about to kill shalnark.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jun 9, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2013
Agafin said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
They would have noticed that he still had a pulse.

Yeah and the whole thing is not even ambiguous, not sure what the argument is about. Hisoka asked Machi if he was dead and she said he was as dead as a rock or something, Machi has the best senses of any troupe member so if she says so, then it is beyond any reasonable doubt I think.

Yeah.

I don't understand why it is so hard for some fans to admit that the writer made a mistake. It doesn't take anything away from the series or mangaka, this is still an amazing story with very little mistakes but ch 357 sucked.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 9, 2016 8:58 AM
Dec 2008
Mikasa said:
The thing is, People thing the gum was activated when machi was there after like an hour or so.

The Nen she saw was his WHOLE nen, that means this is the time he woke up. The gum could have been working inside since the beginning for all we know.

I don't agree with that. The Ryodan would for sure use Gyo to confirm his death, then they would see the Bungee Gum.

policemanking said:
What

"But he just did CPR!"

It worked, it's an asspull. Never have we heard about someone deliberately using his nen after death. That would be like commanding my nen to delete my internet history after my death.

Pitou anyone?

policemanking said:
Also, why didn't Hisoka accept Machi stitching him up? His fingers and leg are just made of rubber now, he can't use them like before.

Then how would he start hunting the spiders with all Machi's nen inside him? lol
Jun 9, 2016 8:58 AM

Oct 2015
Mikasa said:
MoonStar9 said:

Machi did literally nothing other than close his eyes

Touching his body, while alone and knowing Nen can be activated after death, was stupid. She should have at least been cautious it was booby trapped with Nen. It wasn't, but she should have expected it.
Jun 9, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
once again:
the limit of 3 minutes refers to lethal damage, not brain death itself
Jun 9, 2016 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
StefanHere said:
this chapter definitely had a horrible first impression but after getting more information the only problem is the oxygen deprivation Hisoka should of been long brain dead

i really do like how the art and how this chapter was structured
the only thing about the breathing thing I would say, is that the characters in the Hunter x Hunter universe are more different from real life, hell 12 year old kids were running for manyhours hours without breaks and not tires at all, when in real life that's not possible
Sup...
Jun 9, 2016 9:06 AM
Jan 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Agafin said:

Yeah.

I don't understand why it is so hard for some fans to admit that the writer made a mistake. It doesn't take anything away from the series or mangaka, this is still an amazing story with very little mistakes but ch 357 sucked.

I agree with this. I'm a HUGE fan of HxH; it's my favorite shonen by far and one of my favorite anime/manga of all time. If there's an author I trust, it's Togashi, and I'm willing to bet it's possible that after a few chapters, I'll go back on what I'm thinking right now but...

Hisoka's revival is indeed an asspull. I find it odd that there are people trying to say it makes sense. I'm well aware that it's a manga and not meant to be medically accurate or anything like that, but it made absolutely NO SENSE. Even if his bungee gum had become more powerful after death (willing to accept that because it is indeed consistent with the things that have been presented in the series), it should not be able to massage or jump start any of his organs or anything like that. Not to mention, shouldn't he be brain dead as well?

I think it would have worked out better if he had to make some sort of nen covenant that had severe consequences and/or restrictions. Or just stayed dead...(and yes I'm a big hisoka fan, but this felt a bit cheap).
Jun 9, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
StefanHere said:
this chapter definitely had a horrible first impression but after getting more information the only problem is the oxygen deprivation Hisoka should of been long brain dead

i really do like how the art and how this chapter was structured
the only thing about the breathing thing I would say, is that the characters in the Hunter x Hunter universe are more different from real life, hell 12 year old kids were running for manyhours hours without breaks and not tires at all, when in real life that's not possible

only in HxH?
jajaja well why do you have that avatar? sure Luffy is the perfect example of any boy.

this is Shonen Manga. it's more realist than any others, anyway this is unreal
Jun 9, 2016 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
UpperCat said:
The only thing I couldn't really understand was How could Hisoka survive that blast with such magnitude? and ho exactly this "Nen become stronger through death" works?

That part reminds me of dbz, where its said a sayain becomes stronger after near death. This is all bullshit, but it would have been better if it was near death and not literally dead, before power up. lol
Jun 9, 2016 9:13 AM

Jan 2011
keragamming said:
UpperCat said:

That part reminds me of dbz, where its said a sayain becomes stronger after near death. This is all bullshit, but it would have been better if it was near death and not literally dead, before power up. lol

this is a misundertanding
Bullshit is after Freezer arc, the fact "sayayin becomes stronger after near death" it was forgotten
Jun 9, 2016 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
blackjew said:

I don't agree with that. The Ryodan would for sure use Gyo to confirm his death, then they would see the Bungee Gum.

policemanking said:
What

"But he just did CPR!"

Pitou anyone?

policemanking said:
Also, why didn't Hisoka accept Machi stitching him up? His fingers and leg are just made of rubber now, he can't use them like before.

Then how would he start hunting the spiders with all Machi's nen inside him? lol

Not the same with Pitou, the nen attacked Gon on its own will because of his strong devotion to the King. Pitou didn't have control over it and he never gave it a command.

For Machi's nen, I think you're right, but wasn't she fixing his neck just before he revived? The drawings aren't very clear so I can't really tell, she might not even have started.
Jun 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Sep 2015
keragamming said:
UpperCat said:

Also what exactly are needed in order to do that, do they need to match certain condition or requirements first? because from all I can see, it is just need a strong will there.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jun 9, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2011
Hisoka's resurrection makes sense
why don't you see the plot behind this?

Ging vs Pariston
Beyond vs Zodiac
Kurapika vs Troupe/ prince
Hisoka vs Troupe
the calamities?
the dark continent?

the best form all this is precisely Togashi give us an exciting plot behind the fighting, not only/the classic: "how dare you to kick my friend ass, I'll fight you just because"
Jun 9, 2016 9:30 AM

Oct 2008
Just about every single complaint on here saying how this was an "asspull" was explained away in the chapter. The condition that made it work was that Hisoka utterly accepted "death", which, like Gon-san, strengthened the contract immeasurably. It was a gamble to begin with, because if his flaring of Ren hadn't worked in physically protecting him - along with some of the puppets that diluted the explosion - his heart-and-lungs resuscitation wouldn't have cut it.

It's a somewhat contrived scenario dependent on luck, but the whole point is to remind us of how absurdly talented and psychotic Hisoka is; that he'll easily gambit away his life at a mere chance of survival.

As for why he's now "randomly" targeting the spiders, he knows that the one thing Chrollo truly cares about is the spiders' survival, which is his legacy. This will motivate him to now chase Hisoka, which will now give him the choice of playing field.

Also: "asspull" may just be my most hated internet-phrase.
DangerrJun 9, 2016 9:35 AM
Jun 9, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
UpperCat said:

Because of all the corpse like Sharnalk said:
"I kind of expected him to have taken more damages than this"
"They ended up serving to "cushion" him from the explosion somewhat"
He died from suffocation.
Jun 9, 2016 9:35 AM
Jun 2015
Lol what the F just happened ??????
How will they animate that last page (shalnark noooooo)
Chrollo vs Hisoka rematch coming
Spiders will go to the Dark Continent as predicted and now Hisoka has a reason to go as well !!
Let's just hope Togashi doens't go hiatus anymore in at least the next 12 months
Jun 9, 2016 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
UpperCat said:
keragamming said:

Also what exactly are needed in order to do that, do they need to match certain condition or requirements first? because from all I can see, it is just need a strong will there.

lol, no explanation needed, just some made up bullshit that you should turn your brain off and don't think too much into it. Or use the cheap excuse of having a strong will to live like you said. Though in other situation using the strong will to live theme isn't bad, but for this case, it screams bullshit.

Don't really care though, Never thought Hisoka would die anyways and killing off such a great character would be a waste imo. Killing boring Gon would be a better option. ;)
Jun 9, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
Dangerr said:
Just about every single complaint on here saying how this was an "asspull" was explained away in the chapter. The condition that made it work was that Hisoka utterly accepted "death", which, like Gon-san, strengthened the contract immeasurably. It was a gamble to begin with, because if his flaring of Ren hadn't worked in physically protecting him - along with some of the puppets that diluted the explosion - his heart-and-lungs resuscitation wouldn't have cut it.

It's a somewhat contrived scenario dependent on luck, but the whole point is to remind us of how absurdly talented and psychotic Hisoka is; that he'll easily gambit away his life at a mere chance of survival.

As for why he's now "randomly" targeting the spiders, he knows that the one thing Chrollo truly cares about is the spiders' survival, which is his legacy. This will motivate him to now chase Hisoka, which will now give him the choice of playing field.

some people did not even understand what Asspull means.
Jun 9, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2016
Dangerr said:

Yeah, many still are disbelief and say it doesn't make sense. Iunno but it makes sense to me after I read the chapter.
That feeling when you feel you know the feeling of not feeling any feel at all. Get the feeling?
Jun 9, 2016 9:42 AM

Jan 2011
keragamming said:
UpperCat said:

lol, no explanation needed, just some made up bullshit that you should turn your brain off and don't think too much into it. Or use the cheap excuse of having a strong will to live like you said. Though in other situation using the strong will to live theme isn't bad, but for this case, it screams bullshit.

Don't really care though, Never thought Hisoka would die anyways and killing off such a great character would be a waste imo. Killing boring Gon would be a better option. ;)

you are conveniently ignoring the point.
it's bullshit when did not make sense, however is debatible and negative How Saiyajines did not increase his power after Freezer arc
Jun 9, 2016 9:47 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome Chapter!
Jun 9, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 2016
...ok, what the fuck.

Hisoka just pulled a gigantic deus ex out of his ass to stay alive and started killing all the Troupe for no reason at all?
Wasn't killing the Troupe Kurapika's purpose in this story?

This is getting pretty wild, honestly, but it's fun.
This feels like Yorknew arc 2.0, which is fine by me. I just hope we can see Illumi finally fighting soon, too.
Jun 9, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2014
keragamming said:
UpperCat said:

Why are you reading HxH since it's shit?? you're so annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
junne_ said:
...ok, what the fuck.

Hisoka just pulled a gigantic deus ex out of his ass to stay alive and started killing all the Troupe for no reason at all?

This feels like Yorknew arc 2.0, which is fine by me. I just hope we can see Illumi finally fighting soon, too.

Kurapika's main purpose: recover Kurta eyes

Why is not an aspull:
1. he did not use vow-limitation
2. he was suffocated
3. Nen becomes stronger after death (strong will)
4. he use properties of gum

debatable:
1. time of revival later-death
2. Did hisoka accept his defeat, since he did not use the properties of gum to recover his leg/hand against Chrollo?
Jun 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
Lmao, Hisoka is now a zombie pedo murder clown, how can this man get even worse?

The people complaining about Hisoka coming back to life need to read more bizarre medical cases... there have been grandmas who've come back to life 45+ minutes after being confirmed dead by medical professionals, without the assistance of Nen and with no apparent brain damage.

Dangerr said:

You summed everything up very nicely. Asspull is overused IMO. It's not like Togashi contradicted anything he's established before. People have a tendency to get wrapped up in their own headcanons, and forget that world building is a continuous process... massive info-dumps that establish all the "rules" of a universe at the beginning of a story would be incredibly tedious and boring.
Jun 9, 2016 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
cronosteso23 said:
junne_ said:
...ok, what the fuck.

Why is not an aspull:
2. he was suffocated

debatable:
2. Did hisoka accept his defeat, since he did not use the properties of gum to recover his leg/hand against Chrollo?

1. Shouldn't that make it an asspull? he pulled something this big with just his regular hatsu without making any extreme conditions like a nen vow.
2. Yes and apparently it wasn't enough for him to stay dead with that one.
3. And it seems it became self aware as the timing to revive him was just perfect.
4. And rubber, don't forget the rubber.

Jun 9, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Digong said:
Good
- Chrollo will go to the whale ship o_O

Bad
- Big asspull in Hisoka
- Machi felt out of her character
- Shalnark and Kortopi died instant
- WTF

Yep the title of the chapter says it all. Disappointment

Perfectly summarized chapter.

Really really disappointed on how two spiders are insta killed when we spent 7 chapters on the Chrollo Fight.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 9, 2016 10:20 AM
Jun 2013
chapter 9, haha xD

Jun 9, 2016 10:22 AM
Apr 2014
cronosteso23 said:
junne_ said:
...ok, what the fuck.

Why is not an aspull:
2. he was suffocated

debatable:

The brain damage and the timing are the issues I have with this, Togashi should've clarified the timing of his revival and why, "O my rubber Nen" just chose this convenient time to revive him after he was transported back to that room and the troupe finished checking up on him? give me a fucking break, also he should've also had the brain damage stuff covered.
Jun 9, 2016 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
BigBoss said:

1. Shouldn't that make it an asspull? he pulled something this big with just his regular hatsu without making any extreme conditions like a nen vow.
The condition literally involved death. Hisoka's one of those very few individuals with the absolute resolve to die when forming a Nen-contract; almost anyone would keep a small amount of hope or self-preservation in their heart. He and Gon have shown that they can completely abandon that inclination.

Granted, Hisoka gambled that he would be able to revive himself, but death was stipulated all the same.
Jun 9, 2016 10:26 AM
Nov 2015
WTF is that? WTF ?
It's the best manga chapter I've ever read, beter than Snk Chapter 80 and 81

Togashi sensei is so fucking genuis.

Hisoka is so fucking Badass

OMG ! words can't describe the quality of the chapter

I wish HxH receive more support.
Jun 9, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
bobzanny said:
Digong said:
Good
- Chrollo will go to the whale ship o_O

Bad
- Big asspull in Hisoka
- Machi felt out of her character
- Shalnark and Kortopi died instant
- WTF

Yep the title of the chapter says it all. Disappointment

Perfectly summarized chapter.

Really really disappointed on how two spiders are insta killed when we spent 7 chapters on the Chrollo Fight.

Well chrollo still has their nen powers, so they were already weakened but still a glimpse of their fight could have been shown, although I very much doubt how long was lol after zombie hisoka.

Also it was kinda foreshadowed abt shalnark https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/4nanjt/shalnarks_fortune/

I agree with all other points though. I will also add hisoka felt a bit out of character for me.
Jun 9, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Dangerr said:
BigBoss said:

The condition literally involved death. Hisoka's one of those very few individuals with the absolute resolve to die when forming a Nen-contract; almost anyone would keep a small amount of hope or self-preservation in their heart. He and Gon have shown that they can completely abandon that inclination.

Granted, Hisoka gambled that he would be able to revive himself, but death was stipulated all the same.

But what price did he pay then? sure it seems that he didn't really heal any of his missing limbs but it sure looks like he doesn't need them as bungee gum is even more then enough of a replacement. This was such a huge feat yet almost nothing was payed as a price, if something will be brought up in future chapters I am looking forward to that but from what we currently have, I'm not buying this shit.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - May 1

17 by krilljeremiah1 »»
Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.