http://dgrayman-anime.com/sp/bddvd/

=)))))))))
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2016 4:40 AM

Feb 2009
they're kidding I was so pissed off when I read the news WTF
Jun 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2014
I'm kinda sad it's only 13 Episodes... I thought it will have at least 50 or more episodes from this season but... I guess not
Jun 3, 2016 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
That's disappointing. I expected it to have 25 episodes or so. Oh well, will still watch tho
Ledo-kunJun 3, 2016 8:07 AM
Jun 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Oct 2009
maybe it'll be split into two seasons??
it does say "anime - part 1" in this poster, idk.
Jun 3, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2015

It's 6 parts in this link... But they can just 6 different posters though, not parts/seasons of anime.

Jun 3, 2016 11:30 AM

Jul 2007
Its nigh impossible to go through all the material from where last show ended till end of Karma arc in 13 episodes. REALLY worrisome.

FeeFeez said:

It's 6 parts in this link... But they can just 6 different posters though, not parts/seasons of anime.

That's just BD covers, not posters tho?
Jun 3, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
Fai said:
Its nigh impossible to go through all the material from where last show ended till end of Karma arc in 13 episodes. REALLY worrisome.

Agreed. I fear it'll be like Inuyasha: Final Act where they cram and rush. Because cause the last anime ended with chapter 157 events. And some stuff I saw in the trailer was from chapters in the 180s. So some stuff is gonna be Out Of Order, and left out I am thinking.

Unless, my theory and hope is correct and the anime will just release 13 episodes annually to let the manga stay ahead since Hoshino only releases 4, though lengthy, chapters a year. So maybe they are doing DGM as an annual Summer anime. This summer we get 13 episodes, and next summer, we will have more.
SilverWolf442Jun 3, 2016 1:27 PM
Jun 3, 2016 1:14 PM

Mar 2015
How will they reach the Alma Karma arc in only 13 episodes?
Jun 3, 2016 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
>Great news
How the f*ck does this make you happy.... :/
Jun 3, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2007
Exterria said:
>Great news
How the f*ck does this make you happy.... :/

It can't possible be sarcasm.
Jun 3, 2016 10:03 PM
Apr 2014
Wait how the fuck are they going to put everything into 13 episodes? There's a lot of content before the ama arc. They can't possibly put everything in 13 episodes without rushing and butchering the source material.

I honestly don't understand why TMS is adapting so many shows in Summer. They should cut back a bit otherwise it could bite them in their rear end.
Jun 4, 2016 12:23 AM
Oct 2015
I think it's wrong, we didn't understand...Alma arc in 13 episodes, impossible
Jun 4, 2016 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
aw i was expecting at least 24+ episodes
Jun 4, 2016 7:39 AM
May 2010
Kind of disappointing but when I saw how many shows tms is doing I can see why.
Hopefully there is a second part airing later on but that just wishful thinking.
Jun 4, 2016 7:50 AM
Jan 2016
We are all felling bad now, let's just hope the series does not adapt and butcher the whole pre and alma karma arc leaving them for a 2nd season.
Think on the bright side, 13 ep means better animation, art, sound and overall better less widely spread buget
Jun 4, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
This is just ridiculous.

Even now DGM is being treated as one of the inferior long running shonens - despite being better than most of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
Only 13 episodes? What? I expected 20+ at least. This makes my hype drop big time. Unless they plan to do an split cour, this will be a trainwreck.
Jun 4, 2016 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
What a shame. I heard this show is quite good too~
Jun 4, 2016 11:09 AM
Apr 2014
I really hope it's split cour.
Jun 4, 2016 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
I was thinking at least 22 eps, but 13???? Not enough... I hope they put everything and don't skip parts of the story. It could have D.Gray-man Hallow 2nd season, whatever, as long it is faithful to the manga I think it's ok.
Jun 4, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
coalas said:
maybe it'll be split into two seasons??
it does say "anime - part 1" in this poster, idk.

It makes sense, I really hope you're right.
Jun 4, 2016 2:51 PM

Mar 2008
Sigh....couldn't even do a 2 cour.

Why did I expect anything more? Anime studios are all hyper conservative these days. Can't be bothered to greenlight more than one cour. How much material in a manga this long are they really going to pull off here?

Damn it.
Jun 4, 2016 3:39 PM
Nov 2015
I was just talking to my friends about how long-running shonen seem to be dying out, and I thought this might be a great time to re-kickstart the trend, but... no. WHY?!
Jun 4, 2016 8:04 PM

Jul 2014
thelectricow said:
I was just talking to my friends about how long-running shonen seem to be dying out, and I thought this might be a great time to re-kickstart the trend, but... no. WHY?!

I don't think anyone really expected it to be long-running (at least, not 103 eps like S1) since they've only got around 60-70 manga chapters left to cover and it updates quarterly.
Jun 4, 2016 8:19 PM
Nov 2015
vikki7783 said:

I don't think anyone really expected it to be long-running (at least, not 103 eps like S1) since they've only got around 60-70 manga chapters left to cover and it updates quarterly.

That makes some sense. I feel like they could have at least made it 24 though. :/
Jun 4, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2008
thelectricow said:
That makes some sense. I feel like they could have at least made it 24 though. :/

Yeah, same. I wasn't expecting 100 episodes or even really 50. But 2 cour seemed very reasonable especially so they had enough episodes to work with and not having to rush an arc into 1 cour.

I mean a sequel that is one-tenth the length of the original? Geeze....
Jun 4, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
ourtesy of NonExisted, who explains why we only have 1 cour and a 13 episode cut-off.

Minimum requirements for an original work to have more than 1 cour anime adaption:

-The original work has enough material
-The assigned studio either big or has enough budget if they are not Shaft/Kyoani (these two basically do whatever they want)

D.Gray-Man Hallow fails to meet both requirements.

Filler won’t help the series, and is what killed the last anime. Hoshino never wanted the anime to continue due to all the change in the previous anime. (source: Kosuge’s interview). Hallow was going to be released when the manga came off hiatus, but it took so long to convince Hoshino that we’re just getting it now. And probably only under the condition that she supervise them -strictly, so they don’t screw anything up. So we now see how bad the last anime really was that the manga creator hated it, and didn’t want it to be resurrected.

If the budget isn’t that much to begin with), it’s better used on taking care of the quality. So this may also explain why the original VA are not being used. because those are probably not cheap.

So yes. It is a bummer we only get 13 episodes. But at least it is something. And who knows, when the manga has many more chapters, and if the 13 episodes do well, we may get more continuation. But so far, DGM is only worth 1 cour at present.

But I am not too bummed. The last anime may have been decently long, but it sucked. I'll take a good short anime, or a long bad one.
Jun 4, 2016 10:24 PM
Apr 2016
I'm sooo disappointed, I was happy for nothing!!
Jun 5, 2016 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
elimihaleva said:
I'm sooo disappointed, I was happy for nothing!!

Agreed. Wish they'd announced this along with the adaptation so that the hype could have died basically immediately. Instead got to build up before crashing right back down again.

Just hope this isn't going to be rushed as hell.
Jun 5, 2016 2:14 AM

May 2010
Not enough source material? I disagree with this statement.
There was so much happening in the Alma Karma Arc and I don't know how they are supposed to put it in only 13 episodes.
Jun 5, 2016 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
SilverWolf442 said:
Hallow was going to be released when the manga came off hiatus, but it took so long to convince Hoshino that we’re just getting it now. And probably only under the condition that she supervise them -strictly, so they don’t screw anything up.

That still can make show fail.

Just because someone is the original author does not meant hey know what is the best for the work. Just ask Naoko Takeuchi with her "decisions" on Sailor Moon Crystal or Kinoko Nasu with wanting to make ufoubw "for modern audience".

If the budget isn’t that much to begin with), it’s better used on taking care of the quality. So this may also explain why the original VA are not being used. because those are probably not cheap.

Its not like they selected some cheaper VAs either. THe VA's selected are quite recognizable.

But I am not too bummed. The last anime may have been decently long, but it sucked. I'll take a good short anime, or a long bad one.

No it really did not? beyond questionable pacing, DGM was great adaptation. I don't know where "hoshino hated it" comes from as a log of things in it were done on her behalf and with her involvement.

Either way it still is A lot better than rushing 70+ chapters in 13 episodes will be.
Jun 5, 2016 3:53 AM

Dec 2012
Heh. There goes my hype.

I guess whoever funded this, didn't think it's popular enough to risk more episodes. Which is true.

SilverWolf442 said:

Yeah it was bad but 2 cours would have been good. Something like Nanatsu no Taizai.
tsudecimoJun 5, 2016 3:56 AM
Jun 5, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2013
giuli94 said:
Not enough source material? I disagree with this statement.
There was so much happening in the Alma Karma Arc and I don't know how they are supposed to put it in only 13 episodes.
This is basically my main fear. They will rush a lot if they would cram that arc in 8 episodes or something (since the first will serve to adapt the arcs of Timothy and what happens after Cross talks with Allen about who he is).
Jun 5, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2015
Fai said:

No it really did not? beyond questionable pacing, DGM was great adaptation. I don't know where "hoshino hated it" comes from as a log of things in it were done on her behalf and with her involvement.

I am not familiar with Sailor Moon, so I can't comment on that.

But yeah, imo the anime sucked. The screwing up of the characters places it in crap-town. Now I am only aware of how they fucked up Cross and made him more lowdown, and an all around villain, unlike Hoshino's Cross, who has depth and is nowhere near as big an ass as the anime tried to make him, just to be funny -namely episode 27 which derailed the character completely. According to someone who made it through the entire anime, all the characters are simplified and done no justice. Wouldn't surprise me. Anime adaptations will screw up characters in a heartbeat.

Elfen Lied is another example. Manga was great, with depth and characterization. Anime was short, and took out all the development, and characterization. It was fine if you watch it alone. But when you read the manga, you see how mediocre it was. Bandou was my favorite character in that manga. He was funny, with development and depth. In the anime, all of that is taken out, and he's demoted to a simple asshole extra who adds nothing to the story, and exists as a whipping-boy for Lucy.

Same with Naruto Shippuden. Though NS sucks even more with how crazy they got with fillers, and how they drag out certain scenes too long, sometimes showing the same thing over and over again, and hardly any fights with cutting away to 10+ episodes of filler flashbacks..

So, for now, I am at ease with the manga creator being involved. But I can if if some aren't, if they have negative experience with that. The anime could suck royally and be too rushed that nobody cares after episode 1. So I won't say the anime will definitely be classic. But it may stand to be better than the last, far as my taste goes.
SilverWolf442Jun 5, 2016 5:39 PM
Jun 5, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2008
I'd rather have 13 episodes and have another season later, than having them stretch the Alma arc or using fillers like they did with the original anime.

At least we're getting something.
Jun 5, 2016 4:45 PM

Mar 2008
Once again it appears that ignoring the source material is the best way to enjoy anime.

Never had a complaint about the original series. Threw in filler arcs to be sure, but some were better than others. It was an enjoyable anime. The only reason I'm looking forward to a sequel because it was a sequel to the anime. It's always going to be better than Hallow. Over 100 episodes of enjoyment is going to be better than 13 episodes.

Having the manga creator ovverseeing things doesn't always guarantee that it will go well. Being too loyal to the source material can be problematic. Some things don't translate from a still image page to animated motion.

But oh well. If it satisfies the creator and maybe gets a legitimate sequel down the road, will hope for the best. Still have to worry about whether this 13 episode series will be rushed or not. Hopefully it's good even if it's going to be very brief.
FlarisKnightJun 5, 2016 4:51 PM
Jun 6, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2010
13 episodes only? So short? Damn! They should continue off from the last series! There is a lot to continue off from the prequel..
Jun 6, 2016 6:49 AM
Feb 2015
wwaaaahhh that, I did not see coming, was expecting 24+ episodes at least. the 13 ep is like rubbing salt into my long open wound after the last ep of d gray man for 8 years......
Jun 6, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2007
FlareKnight said:
Once again it appears that ignoring the source material is the best way to enjoy anime.

Never had a complaint about the original series. Threw in filler arcs to be sure, but some were better than others. It was an enjoyable anime. The only reason I'm looking forward to a sequel because it was a sequel to the anime. It's always going to be better than Hallow. Over 100 episodes of enjoyment is going to be better than 13 episodes.

Having the manga creator ovverseeing things doesn't always guarantee that it will go well. Being too loyal to the source material can be problematic. Some things don't translate from a still image page to animated motion.

But oh well. If it satisfies the creator and maybe gets a legitimate sequel down the road, will hope for the best. Still have to worry about whether this 13 episode series will be rushed or not. Hopefully it's good even if it's going to be very brief.

DGM is one of better adaptations where the added parts actually benefit the whole. Barring certain anime original arc midway through that dragged on, most of the additions worked in context. A lot of anime original things actually contained mangaka-approved foreshadowing for latter manga events.

The problem is that for a lot of people what was added delayed the parts where the show got REALLY good which is what a lot of people blame the show's failure in popularity on.

The pacing source material wise was awful - I mean within ~50 or so first episodes they barely adapted first what 30? chapters of manga.

Otherwise majority of adaptation barring the censorship and some artistic downgrades, was perfect.

Now we are looking at the total opposite of situation - we have ~70-80 VERY content-heavy chapters and 13 episodes to adapt them in...
Jun 8, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2009
Hi everyone. Ever since the announcement of the anime being 13 episodes, a lot of people wonder if the studio can fit in Alma's arc properly. I reread the manga and make some prediction/estimation on the probability of how the studio is gonna adapt the manga chapters into 13 episodes. These are just solely based on my personal estimate adaptation. I'll try to avoid as much spoiler as possible.

Warning-heavy spoiler ahead for anime only viewer.

Oh my, this is so much fun!!!xD Let see how much its gonna be the same. Hope you all enjoy it!!!xD
Jun 8, 2016 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
andrewsch5658 said:
Hi everyone. Ever since the announcement of the anime being 13 episodes, a lot of people wonder if the studio can fit in Alma's arc properly. I reread the manga and make some prediction/estimation on the probability of how the studio is gonna adapt the manga chapters into 13 episodes. These are just solely based on my personal estimate adaptation. I'll try to avoid as much spoiler as possible.

Oh my, this is so much fun!!!xD Let see how much its gonna be the same. Hope you all enjoy it!!!xD
Sounds interesting. I can see that way the anime adapted properly in 13 episodes. However, in what episode would you adapt
Jun 8, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2009
Illyricus said:
andrewsch5658 said:

Sounds interesting. I can see that way the anime adapted properly in 13 episodes. However, in what episode would you adapt

Thanks for the comment. As for your question:

Jun 8, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
I am sorry but pacing like that will most likely make it incomprehensible.

THis might as well be a recap ova then.
Jun 10, 2016 1:43 AM

Jul 2013
This is a big disappointment... I really thought this will have at least 50 decent episodes, heck it would even be ok with just 25, but 13... just 13..? After 8 years of waiting we get a 13-episode anime to continue a 103-episodes one... I don't know what to say, even if they make a multiple cour adaption with the pacing like in the prequel we will barely get any action this season. If they're going to adapt everything in 13 episodes that would be much much worse, but I hope they aren't that indiscreet towards D.Gray-man fans.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 10, 2016 3:10 AM

May 2014
13? WTF Japan?! Really?!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jun 10, 2016 7:34 AM
Nov 2013
It will probably be a split cour series with 2x13 episodes.
Jun 11, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
13 episodes... that hurts, just finished re-watching all 103 thinking i was in for another years worth the god stuff after being a good boy and waiting all this time, I guess we'll have to start a kickstarter for all anime that was cut to short due to budget cuts or lack of fans in japan to feed our needs to have all the chapters visually animated, either way I'm going outside to scream out khan so my neighbors know how unsatisfactory this news of 13 episodes was.

Jun 11, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Well... there goes the hype... hoped for 24 at least...
Jun 11, 2016 8:49 PM
Oct 2015
Spoilers for the manga below:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.