Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 1, 2016 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
Don't care. It's not like I should force them to like anime.
Jun 1, 2016 7:31 AM

May 2015
Everyone have their own opinions..
Jun 1, 2016 7:47 AM

Jul 2014
I don't mind, just use the word 'weeb' to a minimum please.
Jun 1, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
If people don't like anime, I'm fine with it as I am willing to respect other's opinions. Although if they just bash anime with the most idiotic reasons, whether in irl or online, I may give them my counter argument. At the end of the day, if they still hate anime then I honestly don't care.
Storytelling comes in many shapes and forms and if they want to remain ignorant, it's their loss.
Jun 1, 2016 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
I don't give a shit about them. I have way more problems with the elitist faggots who hate and trow dirt to any anime that gets mainstream because their favorite anime (most of the time old school one) didn't got as popular... or simply say shit about any other anime without watching it, or finishing the first episode and are disrespectufll towards all those peoples who worked so hard to produce them... the otaku comunity is full of them, which makes me hate the comunity inself
Jun 1, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
it's the same reason children hate vegetables

the reasons for hating anime are usually personal yet excruciatingly exaggerated to the point that the idea that huge eyes on a round face is rejected because it's "off-putting". and it's usually the case that they've either watched one or no anime at all.

or just think cartoons in general are stupid and juvenile.

kinda like what old men think of comic books.

lol@ kids who dont care yet posted about not caring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
I fucking hate them when they're ignorant.
Jun 1, 2016 8:13 AM

Feb 2016
I feel annoyed when people say they hate something or that something's shit without really explaining what made them say so. But I guess love and hate are more often than not a matter of preferences, so fck those anime haters.
A retard is trying to prove his point, thanks.
Jun 1, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
i used to be at that stage where i thought anime are useless with screaming and mountain bombing shit like that ( dbz ) but after i started watching i became an animesucker!
i guess they are at the stage where i was and they just want to get off that stage!
Jun 1, 2016 8:22 AM

Feb 2015
I think they have the right and reason to hate it. Anime is greatly flawed in every aspect anyway.
Jun 1, 2016 9:21 AM
Nov 2015
I don't give a shit. I don't speak with them about anime not hear them criticizing it.
I know they're retarded people lol
Jun 1, 2016 9:28 AM
Oct 2013
It's fine if they hate it because they probably haven't seen much anime. They have this idea in their head that every anime is like Dragon Ball or Naruto. No hate intended.
Jun 1, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2015
I don't care because at some point I've hated what they like, the same as how they hated what I like. Haters can say whatever they want because it's their opinion.
Jun 1, 2016 10:03 AM

Mar 2016
Never heard of them. Where do they live?
Jun 1, 2016 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
Actually, I don't care at all.

Someone who is an anime hater simply proves the fact, that he/she has never watched an anime from their favourite genre. That's all! ;)
Jun 1, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
i dont care about anime haters.. theres nothing i could do about it as a single human being... to change it

but if a friend of mine happen to be a anime hater.. NOW THAT would bother me.. specially when he be a dk about it

Jun 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2016
I respect their opinions, but I feel like many of them haven't really given anime a chance and are just relying on the stereotypical idea of a weeb as a gauge to judge anime. It really frustrates me.

Jun 1, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
I don't really care as long as they have logical reasons and not some bullshit
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Jun 1, 2016 2:16 PM

Nov 2013
They're probably completely right.
Jun 1, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
a few people think the op is talking about ppl who hate a specific anime but Im pretty sure hes referring to the people outside the community who just hate all anime for no reason

I actually just talked with my friend today about this and he didnt even know what Akira and Ghost in the Shell was; how can you not know what GitS is espiacially when it's been all over the news recently!? gahhh!!!
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jun 1, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2016
Well they are humans too, just ignore them.
Jun 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
I think that they hate anime for no good reason bc they haven't tried it, but they can do whatever they want
Jun 1, 2016 3:28 PM

Jul 2014
Salokannel2 said:
I actually hate anime haters

no hate pls

Gintama>FMAB

I agree with u and wiht u all the way man :)))))))))
Jun 1, 2016 3:31 PM

Jul 2014
their just haters init;.....they have their own likes of things so idrc lol
Jun 1, 2016 5:24 PM

Feb 2016
They've just waste their time to hate. ignore them is the best way a.k.a i dont really care about them
Jun 1, 2016 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really care about them, It's me who's enjoying watching it anyway.
Jun 1, 2016 9:28 PM

Aug 2015
Everything has haters. Sometimes, the hate is pretty misinformed tho smh.
Jun 1, 2016 11:14 PM

May 2009
AkagamiShanksu said:
To be honest it is pretty understandable why anime can leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths. It's not like it's this pure dignified art or anything. There's a lot cringe, a lot of hoaky acting, things are generally dramatic, fanservice, and sometimes things can be outright juvenile. I grew up on it so I'm used to it all and even I get bothered about certain tropes and etc.

Yes haters are missing out when they assume no anime can be good. I mean it'd be a shame for someone to skip Ergo Proxy or something like that for example because they saw some of Love Hina and thought it was bad and just assume all anime is like that. But I mean it is what it is. They don't have to watch any if they don't want to

Everything you mentioned is an extremely valid reason to hate anime. But most people I've met who hate it do so because "they don't like to read subtitles" =_______=

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jun 1, 2016 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
They should obviously like what I like!
Jun 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Nov 2009
Let me phrase it like that:
Everybody has a right to not like anime. But anybody who wants/tries to forbid anime to other people is an evil authoritarian, and should be killed.
And being mean to anime watchers because they watch anime is mean. Don't be friends with people like that.
Jun 2, 2016 12:21 AM
Aug 2015
Lol, my sister is one of the anime haters. She thinks it's nerdy, so I used to think that too until I watched my first anime. I don't really mind, unless the anime haters are super vocal about it.
Jun 2, 2016 12:23 AM

Apr 2010
If they hate it and that's where it ends, fine. But if they start to talk badly about other people, that's totally annoying.

Jun 2, 2016 12:23 AM

Mar 2016
I think they just don't know the difference between anime and cartoon.
Jun 2, 2016 12:27 AM

Oct 2013
The same I think about weebs who hate every form of western media: opinionated morons
Jun 2, 2016 12:32 AM
Feb 2016
I have two best friends, one hates anime and the other is on MAL with me. We discus anime every now and then but not TOO much in front of him and when we do he rolls his eyes and says its lame.

We don't really care that he doesn't like it and he doesn't care that we like, we just argue cause its funny.

In short I don't really care about anime haters
Jun 2, 2016 2:04 AM

Feb 2013
I laugh at their ignorance. I also laugh at their opinions on life.
Jun 2, 2016 2:09 AM

Feb 2015
The fact that those who said haters are from ignorance is too ignorant that they imply that anime cannot be hated when you already know it. Just saying.

In short, they imply that anime is objectively good and hating cannot be an option. Further negative criticisms are from ignorance. smh

However, bashing anything lacking constructive criticism won't result anything good. It's a blatant disrespect, after all. But arguing like this scenario is preposterous as well:

"I hate anime because it's for kids"

"You're just ignorant"

"I watched Dragon Ball and Pokemon, duh."

"That's not all of the anime"

Well. Damn man, must he watch all Japanese cartoon just to validate his opinion? The opinion will remain an opinion, so does the hate. All you need to do is to deal with it.
JomsJun 2, 2016 2:20 AM
Jun 2, 2016 2:24 AM

Apr 2016
UmeThorn said:
First of all, I respect different opinions and I've always tried to observe things from a different point of view, I've met lots of people with different idealogies and I always say that the world is beautiful because it's full of different people, cultures, opinions, traditions exc. But there's one thing I can't stand, when people criticise or insult something with dumb reasons, in this case Anime. Many people judge anime based on impressions and the media, for example a critic towards anime I can't stand is when people say "Anime is for little kids", just because the casually saw a chibi character on the internet, I think most haters tend to generalise to much and are to scared to dive into the deep world of Animes.This is my opinion but I'm interested in what YOU think so...what do you think about Anime haters?

You made a point, people are impressionable. Even if there's something for all age groups, some people won't be easily tolerant to a lot of seemingly weird ideas and situations portrayed in or of anime.

If you want to get someone into it, start with something they might like and make sure it's light to ease them into watching or at least seeing it once in a while.

Answering any questions they may have about the culture helps. (If you know anything.)

Even then it's not a problem until someone's pushy.

Enen no Shouboutai - Joker
Jun 2, 2016 2:40 AM

Dec 2014
If someone is a hate of ALL anime then it's ok, he can do that, but keep quite about it. But there are some peple, who are "haters" of some subset of anime.

Some people considers me a hater for some genres/titles.
Well here's my thing. I don't like some staff that is overhyped / mainstream, BUT I do like some of them. I think of myself as a rational thinker, who judges animes mostly for their objectively measurable features. For example : I take the soundtrack into consideration, but I don't really care about my personal enjoyment that much. It affect the scores of comedies because they have to make me laugh. And I won't give One Punch Man a good score for the following reasons:
  • the storyline isn't there
  • there are no good characters, everyone is either dead after 1 episodes, or has a brain of a rock. (besides Genos, who acts like a rock)
SO at this point we have to consider: What the anime wanted, and it's imply to make me laugh or enjoy the animation in the fight scenes. Well I laughed 3 times during 3 episodes, but they were on the same moment in the opening , so that didn't work out. The animation is quite well done, but making things blow up from a punch is really boring (more boring then the Endless Eight arc).

So it is my way to score an anime. I'm harsh on things that are ment to be something but ended up being a waste of my time.
I also listen to others opinion, but mostly they don't move my decision in any direction.

So I'm a "hater" .... so sad some of you hate me :(
Jun 2, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2015
Depends on how they present their hate. If they are illogical and spam hatred all over forums, it is of no significance. However if there is concise arguments presented I would gladly debate with them.
Jun 2, 2016 3:25 AM
May 2016
so those guys are existing?

just forgot about it , I'm just gonna eat and watch anime :3 *eats pocky*
Jun 2, 2016 3:48 AM

May 2016
Maybe they mistake anime with fuckin hentai these fuckin pervs
Letum to those who oppose me.
Jun 2, 2016 3:50 AM
Apr 2016
Personally i think you can like or be whatever you want, And you can even dislike whatever you want, hey it's called freedom dawg. However, i will say that every "anime hater" i met irl seemed like he/she was either scared or simply close minded and refused to watch anime because "it's for kids" and i think anime can be childish, but it's not solely for kids. I actually met alot of people who were wanting to give anime a chance and wanted me to give them suggestions.. they ended up liking anime. Anyways the point i'm trying to make is you shouldn't really bother what those people think about anime, Obviously they're missing out on great things, It's their loss :)
Jun 2, 2016 4:14 AM

Mar 2016
What if I told you, I like animes, cause they aren't full of propaganda, not like the western trash, but I don't like those, who like animes? I mean they have 2 types: The normal people, who watch anime, and that's all, and there are the cosplayers, and yaoi writers, fanmade creators and others, and those, who have to say everybody: "HHHEEEEYYY I AM WAAATCHIIING ANIMEEES, I AM DIFFERENT!!" - so, what? Yah, and those who have some gothic, dark "anime" clothing style. The second type is weird. Like the full metal rockers.
Jun 2, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
Dave8814 said:
What if I told you, I like animes, cause they aren't full of propaganda, not like the western trash, but I don't like those, who like animes? I mean they have 2 types: The normal people, who watch anime, and that's all, and there are the cosplayers, and yaoi writers, fanmade creators and others, and those, who have to say everybody: "HHHEEEEYYY I AM WAAATCHIIING ANIMEEES, I AM DIFFERENT!!" - so, what? Yah, and those who have some gothic, dark "anime" clothing style. The second type is weird. Like the full metal rockers.

"Normal" people actually tend to be passionate about the random stuff they like as evidenced by fans of anything. What you like defines some aspects of you so you might as well showcase it proudly.
The type you describe as normal are actually the boring ones who just passively indulge in escapism which I would say is unhealthy.
I am not sure which of these is better, but you are definitely insecure if you care for the stupid clothing people might like to wear. I assume you are type 2, since you just used the term "western trash."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 7:43 AM

May 2016
Kay_Letum said:
Maybe they mistake anime with fuckin hentai these fuckin pervs

Considering some of the garbage that gets popular (High School of the Dead, The Asterisk War, Seikon no Quasar, Queen's Blade, No Game No Life), can you blame them?

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 2, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2016
I don't really mind them hating anime, as long as they don't try to tell me to stop watching it or that I should stop being so childish for watching it...
Jun 2, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
Sonnets said:
"Normal" people actually tend to be passionate about the random stuff they like as evidenced by fans of anything. What you like defines some aspects of you so you might as well showcase it proudly.
The type you describe as normal are actually the boring ones who just passively indulge in escapism which I would say is unhealthy.
I am not sure which of these is better, but you are definitely insecure if you care for the stupid clothing people might like to wear. I assume you are type 2, since you just used the term "western trash."

Just because you are not write to the wall you like animes, you don't dress up like an idiot, or a cosplayer, doesn't mean you are boring, or try to hide what you like. (wearing a t-shirt with an anime charakter doesn't = cosplaying, just to clear) I think watching animes isn't a lifestyle. It's not like being an activist, a plazacat, or nazi, etc. And I said western trash, cause from hollywood you only get their propaganda trashes from every f*** movie, carton, or series. And it's really annoying.
Jun 2, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
Dave8814 said:
Sonnets said:

Just because you are not write to the wall you like animes, you don't dress up like an idiot, or a cosplayer, doesn't mean you are boring, or try to hide what you like. (wearing a t-shirt with an anime charakter doesn't = cosplaying, just to clear) I think watching animes isn't a lifestyle. It's not like being an activist, a plazacat, or nazi, etc. And I said western trash, cause from hollywood you only get their propaganda trashes from every f*** movie, carton, or series. And it's really annoying.

Wearing a t-shirt is the most simple thing you can do. Add some style to your blandness Cosplaying is a passion to many even if you have no passion. Wall as in facebook and the likes, I assume...Stuff that define an aspect of who they are aka the purpose of a wall. They are stuff you never have to read unless you deliberately try.
How is any of this bad. If people reject the medium because they don't like the culture, then good riddance. This medium attracts "type 2" because the medium itself creates that appeal.
Considering how you associate all western works as bad based on your vague dislike for Hollywood, you should reflect on yourself before making claims.
Jun 2, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2015
Everyone has an opinion, that doesn't mean it can't be shit though.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

28 by vasipi4946 »»
1 minute ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
15 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.