Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 2:52 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This special takes place after the events of the Girls und Panzer movie soooooo you have better watched it before coming here..

Anyway, Arisu Shimada was set to transfer to Ooarai Girls Academy and was already getting along with the girls but she wants to battle Miho as her rival, not as a teammate. Therefore, her transfer to Ooarai has been cancelled out. But at least it sure was amazing seeing the Ooarai girls all fired up and showing their specialties in welcoming her aboard.

For crying shame.... T~T I want Arisu to stay in Ooarai though.. ;_;

May 30, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2012
Cute episode :-"

Miho and Alice obsession with Boko is hilarious though
May 30, 2016 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
LunyRed said:

I didn't want her to join the school and glad it didn't end up happening, like them much more as rivals.
May 30, 2016 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
This was a fun OVA: I'm rocking screenshots for all interested parties :)
BOOM HEADSHOT
May 31, 2016 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Arisu is cute. She somewhat reminds me of Amae Koromo from Saki series.
May 31, 2016 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
Arisu or Alice? What's the proper romanized name?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 31, 2016 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
Awwww, I was hoping she'll join the school and then she'll be with them to participate for the leagues prior to the world tournament...

Hm... then again maybe they'll fight again in the pro league and then both gets recruited for the world tournament? That'll be also a viable route...

Argh, look at me blabbing about the future episodes/movies when we haven't even got a bit of a hint that this series will be continuing or not.

That ending though, kept the same song but it has her instead of Miho. They even put the Boko in the end...
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty enjoyable OVA. that reminds me. I always thought Boko was just Miho's bears that was just really torn but she still keeps them. Never thought it was actually a in-universe series. They never really discuss what happened to the Boko museum Alice wanted to save though. I thought they would of discuss it in the OVA.

And possible new content can be world cup. Since it has been confirmed the sport is world wide.
Jun 1, 2016 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
zcv45 said:
They never really discuss what happened to the Boko museum Alice wanted to save though.

In the movie's credits, Alice is seen helping out with the restoration of the museum, so it's safe to say that it lives on :)
BOOM HEADSHOT
Jun 2, 2016 10:03 PM

Dec 2012
What's up with all those activities they have in Oarai, lol? Tea ceremony, mystic dojo, ninja training(?)?

After Miho told Alice what she liked most about her high school days was that she could see her friends every day, I thought Alice would decide to go back to her university. I guess her desire to battle against Miho is stronger, though.
Jun 2, 2016 10:14 PM

Nov 2015
Tulicloure said:
What's up with all those activities they have in Oarai, lol? Tea ceremony, mystic dojo, ninja training(?)?

Its a throwback to ep 1 of the series. They list all the electives after the recruitment movie part and there's some weird ones.
Jun 2, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2012
perje said:
Tulicloure said:

Its a throwback to ep 1 of the series. They list all the electives after the recruitment movie part and there's some weird ones.

Nice. I didn't remember that. Thanks!
Jun 4, 2016 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
ernst said:

The proper spelling is Alice, since that's what the official merchandise gives.
BOOM HEADSHOT
Jun 5, 2016 12:42 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Holy....Alice is the cutest Girls Und Panzer girl I've ever seen, glad this episode exists!

Her recruitment to Ooarai ended just like that hahahaha

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 6, 2016 4:44 AM
Jun 2016
Uhmm is there a Girls Und Panzer season 2 ... Please tell me ( *-*)/
Jun 6, 2016 5:35 AM

Nov 2011
InfiniteZenith said:
ernst said:

The proper spelling is Alice, since that's what the official merchandise gives.

then why the mal title is Arisu if the official is Alice? I think even the characters pronounce it Alice.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 6, 2016 8:31 AM
Jun 2016
Uhmm is there a season 2??
Jun 9, 2016 2:37 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
There's so many specials and OVAs for this series; it's hard to keep track sometimes.

Lol, did Mako always sleep like that on the tank? xD

Wow, look at all that food! They were so hospitable towards her; too bad that she didn't want to join them in the end.

Crap, just read the OP's post...I didn't watch the movie. xD No wonder.
MistyBlueJun 9, 2016 2:50 PM
Jun 30, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2010
Arisu best girl after Katyusha
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jul 2, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2011
Episode cute enough, the thing I liked is that despite the brevity, it has got to show a little all the characters that are in the cast, although I would have preferred them to show a little more of their respective characters. I love the Rabbit and the Leopard team, but also the rest of the characters are the same fun and you make love. It's nice the ending with Arisu.

6.90/10
Jul 19, 2016 12:56 AM

May 2014
From the looks of it, this seems like it's still a pretty popular series so I'm hoping we get an announcement for another season sometime in the near future. Especially since this ova confirmed that Alice sees Miho as a rival and wants a rematch (possibly in a pro game/world tournament hopefully). If it does end up happening, I think it would be cool if they decide to mix the battles up with 2v2 team matches and annihilation games like they did in the movie. Just imagining a match between Mika & Alice vs Miho & Maho (or Miho & Katyusha) is getting me pretty hyped.
Jul 28, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2015
ReinhardVonMusel said:
Arisu best girl after Katyusha

Momo Kawashima, my wife for life....... best girl. ;D
Momo's Loving Husband
Sep 14, 2016 12:56 AM

Aug 2015
Alice on Boko Pajamas is definitely hnnnngggghhhh <3
Too bad she didn't join Oorai all for the sake of rivalry heh
Still hoping for her to join them in the future though
MizunashiSep 16, 2016 7:18 AM
Sep 18, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2014
What is it with them and Boko, is that supposed to be like their version of MLP?
Sep 20, 2016 12:27 PM

Sep 2014
Cute OVA. I liked how Arisu/Alice seems to like Miho yet wants to be her rival instead of fighting together.
Cute friendly rivarly is nice!
Mar 30, 2017 5:32 AM

May 2012
Pretty fun special I must say, short and lovely!
Oct 1, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
Are there really 2 more eps or is that an error?
Oct 2, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2012
EmceePinks said:
Are there really 2 more eps or is that an error?

The latter. Someone who is not informed of the GuP franchise edited the info here and also the Finale entry.
May 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
This was too adorable! senshado aside, I loved how the volleyball club seems to solve every single problem with .. volleyball.

Also, they all get excited over Alice, while Miho, the girl who single handedly lead a team which slaughtered every other school while outnumbered, outgunned and with shitty tanks, gets forgotten.

PS: Would be really great if such a great franchise as Girls und Panzer could be checked before edited on MAL.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 17, 2018 8:01 PM

Feb 2014
there are 2 more episodes?
Aug 27, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Vi- said:
there are 2 more episodes?

No, there is one, see above and GuP wiki
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Apr 15, 2020 12:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice specials. Sadly it just hold only for 15 mins length only. Well, i guess my last hope attach at the Das Finale movie parts, then?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 8, 2021 7:09 PM

Nov 2010
This episode made me laugh so much. lol

Anyway, its too bad Alice didn't join Oorai. That school would've been so OP with Arisu and Miho in one team.
Aug 8, 2022 5:15 PM

May 2017
zenjamibu said:

The latter. Someone who is not informed of the GuP franchise edited the info here and also the Finale entry.

No wonder I was confused. I was looking everywhere for the other episodes. Its been years and MAL still hasn't fixed it smh.
Aug 10, 2022 12:08 PM

Mar 2018
Overcast93 said:
zenjamibu said:

No wonder I was confused. I was looking everywhere for the other episodes. Its been years and MAL still hasn't fixed it smh.

any way to contact the mods? this is messing up my watching list, driving me crazy
Aug 12, 2022 11:28 PM

May 2017
Eunos said:
Overcast93 said:

any way to contact the mods? this is messing up my watching list, driving me crazy

Yeah, these types of mistakes on the database can be pretty annoying.

You could try sending a PM to one of the many mods that usually hang around the forum, but other than banning users, deleting posts and locking or moving threads around I don't think they do much. It would be a pleasant surprise if they actually got these types of problems fixed.
Jan 22, 2023 7:09 PM
Mar 2019
All the girls had a little part in this, nice to see them all again
Mar 25, 2023 11:26 AM

Aug 2019
arisu is so cute..

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Aug 2019
arisu is just so very cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 12:43 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to Tenth
LunyRed said:

I didn't want her to join the school and glad it didn't end up happening, like them much more as rivals.
@Tenth nah, I like watching those two geek out of a stuffed animal. Miho has more rivals then she has close friends at oorai, literally at least one per school if not more

More topics from this board

» Akiyama Yukari no Sensha Kouza

MkayShock - Jul 3, 2017

4 by Fuwa_san »»
Nov 14, 2022 12:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.