Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2016 6:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Hanbee vs Miza this chapter, fun.

This ghoul is interesting though...and I'm curious to see their role in this arc.

Stark700May 21, 2016 6:15 AM
May 21, 2016 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
-Rueshima chapter, nice change of pace if you ask me. The shore sure looks pretty....
I presume that she's Kurona, she seems broken mentally. Her kagune claw looks splendid.
Also, if Kurona is eating the CCG, and she's with Amon, could it be that Amon is not abstaining from eating humans. Probably not, but would be cool.

-Miza is trying to recuperate after her crew got slaughtered by Suzuya.
Miza flashback. Casual Naki bringing the banter, she didn't seem all that impressed at first. A bit of comic relief, kind of needed after the last few chapters. Naki's planning skills are funny. Naki is a bro literally and figuratively. Aww, Miza fell in love with Naki. Hanbee isn't half bad, nice. More Miza backstory, nice bit of lore. He dealt with her, quite easy, although she was injured. Well fuck, he just did something worth a mention and he's already going to be gutted, unless Suzuya arrives.

-Kurona seems to have both ghoul eyes.
>inb4 Naruto
>inb4 she took Nashiro's eye when she died and planted it into her own skull

-Urie and Q's are looking for Mutsuki. Urie is bugging out in fear, that something may have happened to Mutsuki. He found the lovers nest. I presume that the torso is infact from Torso....It'd be cool if she died though.

-Anyway, it seems like the next chapter will also be Rueshima.
Miza's backstory was nice and all, but that was all just to make us feel sad when she dies, and nobody really cares about her. I was looking forward to Rueshima for a while, but Ishida chose a bad, or a good time to change focus to Rue. Just as two huge fights were reaching boiling point.
UltvejMay 21, 2016 6:39 AM
May 21, 2016 6:31 AM
Sep 2014
Tbh I much more looking forward to Cochlea than Rue Island but that Kuro revelation and that ending though.
May 21, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2014
Can someone tell me why the fuck is Saiko still around? Just fucking kill her Ishida... Get rid of the fucking quinx and keep Urie only.

Another useless flashback for a character no one gives a fuck, but sure whatever, maybe Naki will gain something from it.
May 21, 2016 6:38 AM
Apr 2014
Way too late to make us care about Miza.
So Kurona is back huh, I guess she ate her sister's kagune or some shit and became super special powerful.
Holy fuck Mutsuki, now that's tragic, maybe he'll be retrieved and ressurected as Kanou's tool like with Shirazu. I really hope that's not a troll and is actually Mutsuki's torso. There's nothing to be gained if it's Torso's torso, so what Mutsuki defeated Torso off-screen and Urie discovers his body, yeah great man...
May 21, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
I think Mutsuki went full crazy and killed Torso. Ishida wouldn't kill her off without the flashback where she kills her parents. Also her hair turned white while she was tortured and that paralells with Kaneki so it would make sense that she also defeats her torturer.

Wasn't too excited about the chapter, but it turned out to be okay (especially after the last few panels)
May 21, 2016 6:57 AM

Nov 2010
Welp, he wasted a lot of pages on a useless character, pages that could have been used for actually important stuff.
May 21, 2016 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
Arcanix said:
Can someone tell me why the fuck is Saiko still around? Just fucking kill her Ishida... Get rid of the fucking quinx and keep Urie only.

Another useless flashback for a character no one gives a fuck, but sure whatever, maybe Naki will gain something from it.

I agree. This chapter was useless (the Miza part). Why give a flashback for a character and then kill her (?) literally in the next panel?
SasaKanekiPedeMay 21, 2016 7:12 AM
May 21, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
Cut Miza in this chapter and add some Kaneki vs. Arima and Eto vs. Furuta. That wasn't a nice chapter. I mean, why did we have that flashback??? Only to know a little bit more about Naki? Will he cry in the following chapters and power up because of her death? Blah

Please let Mutsuki die. She is the worst character in this series. I'd feel very happy if that was really her.

Kurona/Shiro second best girl is back! Now I wan't to see Amonfather back!!!

3/5
May 21, 2016 7:20 AM

Oct 2015
simonprasad said:
Arcanix said:

I agree. This chapter was useless (the Miza part). Why give a flashback for a character and then kill her (?) literally in the next panel?

She might be still alive only to have kuro finish her off next chapter in brutal fashion when she thinks she is about to be saved by another ghoul.

I could see ishida give a character a bit of hope only to snuff it out to show how savage kuro has become since we last saw. I hope that happens next chapter.
May 21, 2016 7:24 AM

Aug 2014
simonprasad said:
Arcanix said:

Aren't flashbacks death flags?
May 21, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2013
I want Naki to Wabaang, Bashoom and Baboom me
May 21, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Hanbee vs Miza this chapter, fun.

This ghoul is interesting though...and I'm curious to see their role in this arc.

I would say that person is Kurona. But she has two Kakugan instead of one for some reason.

So after re-reading the first page I believe that Kurona's extra Kakugan is from Nashiro.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tokyoghoul/images/9/97/Kurona_Yasuhisa.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20141101173121
MangaKingMay 21, 2016 8:08 AM
May 21, 2016 7:34 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit this manga is infuriating
Absolutely no reason to believe the cliffhanger is what it looks like, we've been down this road before with Yomo and the compactor
May 21, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2015
It was good chapter in the second half but too much time spent talking about naki and mizas relationship when they could do two or three pages of the events in cochlea.

Glad to see hanbee become such a strong character since joker but I don't see him winning against kuro if she is truly a psycho as she is. We probably are going to see him and miza both turned into lunch next chapter.

That ending thou is going to be a cliff hanger to ensure suffering for the week. the torso looks feminine and nobody but torso or mutsuki are in the room before uries squad shows up. I hope he does not go into rage mode immediately considering they are in a dire situation where agori is anywhere around them along with kuro who might like takizawa (also a major threat) in the auction raid go on a kill spree from squad to squad. Or if its not mutsukis corpse but a trap they could be fighting them next if torso drove them absolutely bonkers.
May 21, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2015
MangaKing said:
simonprasad said:

Aren't flashbacks death flags?

pretty much the case in this series, where numbers in blood hidden in panels indicate a characters death.
May 21, 2016 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
Isaidlunch said:
Holy shit this manga is infuriating
Absolutely no reason to believe the cliffhanger is what it looks like, we've been down this road before with Yomo and the compactor

Its a feminine corpse and we have no other reason for it being their other than a trap. Ishida already pulled a fast one with the compactor and he has been forshadowing mutsukis death since chapter 5.
May 21, 2016 7:47 AM

May 2015
That last panel better not be a troll....

May 21, 2016 8:07 AM
Jul 2013
When fuckers don't care about your Dwarven roots

stop being mean to mini miza
jibberjiofsjlajMay 21, 2016 8:20 AM
May 21, 2016 8:16 AM
Sep 2013
Return to Rue
Kurona looking all types of savage. Cannibalism too? Plus two on ghoul eyes hmm?
A nice flashback of Miza seemingly took more panels then necessary tho.
Hanbee went in alone and took out Miza but It looks like hes in deep trouble now.
we have to wait to see who is the one headless please be Torso.
If its Mutsuki... then I would be disappointing as we just got a full flashback not to long along ago just be surprised dead.
May 21, 2016 8:36 AM
Jan 2016
Ya, those last few chapters..., I really hope the corpse isn't a troll from Ishida either. It really makes me sad because this is some of the best artwork as well as word play from Ishida, but not put to the best use in terms of story telling. I feel like much more could have been done with this current arc. There are still many things I love about the current chapters, but I do feel somewhat disappointed. Still holding out hope though.
May 21, 2016 9:01 AM

Aug 2010
Naki's such a lovable little bastard. I just love this guy :*)

Miza ship won't last long I guess. Unless Kurona has something to say about that. Abara's screwed. Kurona looks savage

That torso does look feminine so hopefully it's Mutsuki. If it's Torso's body I'll be kinda disappointed tbh. It would be mean Mutsuki just went Shirotsuki and REKT his ass...
May 21, 2016 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Is good that we got to see some flashbacks of Miza, however it took so many pages and was not that interesting to be honest...
Kurona(?) vs Juuzou would be cool to see.
That cliffhanger! I wouldnt be surprise if that is indeed mutsuki.
May 21, 2016 9:47 AM

Nov 2014
If that torso isn't Mutsuki's I'm dropping this shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
Best chapter by far imo in a long time. 2 of the best Charachters are shown/mentioned. It's probably torsos torso but can't say that for sure
May 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Kvothe51 said:

So sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can reconsider this.
May 21, 2016 10:17 AM
May 2014
Am I the only one that enjoys TG's every page of every chapter ? I mean I have and do read other mangas too but this one hasn't bored me ever. The author surely takes many things in detail and gives us flashbacks of almost every important character and I love it. I don't know about you but I liked Miza's flashback and I hope she defeats that guy actually I hope every ghoul defeats their opponent..

~just a ghoul fan ^^
May 21, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
Kvothe51 said:

this

Ishida must explain this double personality thing and how she obtained two Kakugans, I trust him so I'm not complaining (for now)
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

May 21, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
JAEqer said:
Am I the only one that enjoys TG's every page of every chapter ? I mean I have and do read other mangas too but this one hasn't bored me ever. The author surely takes many things in detail and gives us flashbacks of almost every important character and I love it. I don't know about you but I liked Miza's flashback and I hope she defeats that guy actually I hope every ghoul defeats their opponent..

~just a ghoul fan ^^

You're not alone except for the ghoul part lol. Pity those who are trying their hardest to hate the manga or its characters.
May 21, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
ma103 said:

You're not alone except for the ghoul part lol. Pity those who are trying their hardest to hate the manga or its characters.

Ya, i agree ^^. Some people just like hating on everything...
May 21, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2016
LOL at Naki's low IQ! He even made fun of Miza's hair. That honestly made me laugh, which is the first time in a while. xDD And even though we didn't get to see Suzuya's face clearly, I'm glad we saw his silhouette in action. I honestly missed him. :)
It was honestly touching to know that Naki would cry for each friend he's lost... It's interesting that those ghouls follow him because they know they won't be forgotten after they die </3

It was a bit sudden when Mitsushia got injured, but I like that we see Miza tough in her battle with Abara, despite her small frame. I liked learning about Miza's clan history, but it's unfortunate that she got killed...

I'm surprised to see Urie's emotions. His conflicting thoughts, his hesitation... He really has become more caring. But a cliff-hanger ending... If that body is Mutsuki's, this could play a significant role in Urie's character development. I wonder how Kaneki would respond...?

I surprisingly really like this chapter after SUCH A LONG TIME since I started reading Tokyo Ghoul:re.
Cloe900311May 21, 2016 10:44 AM
May 21, 2016 11:40 AM

Sep 2014
I can just imagine how Tumblr will go apesh*t if Mutsuki is in fact dead
May 21, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Kyrodu said:
I don't understand why people want Ishida to kill Mutsuki and that it'd be an asspull otherwise. Mutsuki is supposed to be a parallel to Kaneki, and it's only likely that she'll murder her torturer anyways. All this Mutsuki hate seems to be just people obsessed with Kaneki or the Anteiku members.

All of the Q's are supposed to symbolize a part of Kaneki's past, and as we can see (possibly) they are dying one by one just like Kaneki's past "died" in the previous chapter. If Mutsuiki is dead, I will be pleasantly surprised that Ishida had the guts to pull it off
May 21, 2016 11:48 AM
Jun 2014
It can go either way, really. Ishida can show some flashbacks and actually kill mutsuki for good or he can just use torso for the shock value or some shit.
May 21, 2016 12:07 PM
Oct 2015
Kyrodu said:
I don't understand why people want Ishida to kill Mutsuki and that it'd be an asspull otherwise. Mutsuki is supposed to be a parallel to Kaneki, and it's only likely that she'll murder her torturer anyways. All this Mutsuki hate seems to be just people obsessed with Kaneki or the Anteiku members.

I think it has a lot to do with the compactor scene. I really like the re: crew but it did feel like a asspull for nobody at all to die. I mean even the gasmasks survived. If he had killed someone back then people wouldn't be calling for Mutsuki to die now. it just seems like the same exact cliffhanger that was used back then. To use it two times in a row feels boring and predictable and like Ishida is playing it too safe. It would be more surprising if it actually were in fact Mutsuki.
May 21, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2011
I don't think Miza is dead, and why did Urie freak out at the end if it was actually Torso's smell and Torso's body on the chair ? And what's the point of creating another Kaneki ? I don't think Ishida is interested in doing that again, And Mutsuki isn't like Kaneki, Kaneki had a powerful Kagune from the very beginning (Rize's Kagune) but Mutsuki's Kagune is too weak, and members of the Quinx Squad have to go through surgery to increase the amount of RC cells deployed.
May 21, 2016 12:19 PM
Jan 2015
TheGhoulLife said:

I think it has a lot to do with the compactor scene. I really like the re: crew but it did feel like a asspull for nobody at all to die. I mean even the gasmasks survived. If he had killed someone back then people wouldn't be calling for Mutsuki to die now. it just seems like the same exact cliffhanger that was used back then. To use it two times in a row feels boring and predictable and like Ishida is playing it too safe. It would be more surprising if it actually were in fact Mutsuki.

Not just that. During Original TG we seen how ghouls butcher lot of CCG and people started to hate ghouls. But now with TG:re we see same thing in reverse position. Now CCG is acting more or less like Ghouls back then and are killing any ghoul they see and more people see that more they want someone to stop CCG and kill some of them. We have seen in TG:re some important ghouls dying and people want that compensated with some importan CCG deaths.
May 21, 2016 12:52 PM

Aug 2010

Tell that to Yomo.

About this chapter:
-Kurona is pretty messed up.
-Naki always brings the feels again. Poor guy.
-Abara Hanbee, qt ghoul killer. First Skull Mask leader in Joker and now Miza. Can he continue his killstreak with Kurona?
-Ishida truly loves cliffhanger doesn't he?
May 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2015
I don't have the greatest memory but was Miza introduced and killed in this chapter? Either way this week felt fillery as the only noteworthy moment is the cliffhanger and Kurona's(?) appearance.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 21, 2016 1:11 PM
Oct 2015
Raz1515 said:
TheGhoulLife said:

I don't remembee any important ghouls dying in te except for maybe karren? Other than that the ccg have been slaughterred over and over. Just look at the rose arc

Is this meant for me or someone else?
May 21, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Unionoob said:
TheGhoulLife said:

Not just that. During Original TG we seen how ghouls butcher lot of CCG and people started to hate ghouls. But now with TG:re we see same thing in reverse position. Now CCG is acting more or less like Ghouls back then and are killing any ghoul they see and more people see that more they want someone to stop CCG and kill some of them. We have seen in TG:re some important ghouls dying and people want that compensated with some importan CCG deaths.
I don't remembee any important ghouls dying in te except for maybe karren? Other than that the ccg have been slaughterred over and over. Just look at the rose arc
May 21, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
TheGhoulLife said:
Raz1515 said:

Is this meant for me or someone else?
yea someone else sorry
May 21, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2014
bobzanny said:
I don't have the greatest memory but was Miza introduced and killed in this chapter? Either way this week felt fillery as the only noteworthy moment is the cliffhanger and Kurona's(?) appearance.
No she was introduced a while back. The last time I remember seeing her was the auction raid, she was with naki and the white suits
May 21, 2016 1:29 PM
Jan 2015
It's torso~
The only reason I think that's Torso's torso is because I can imagine Ishida making a joke like that and laughing at people speculating whose torso is that and saying something like 'It's obviously (a) torso!~'

I loved this chapter,Miza's flashback with Naki was sad and funny at the same time
May 21, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2015
dicecop said:
Kyrodu said:

All of the Q's are supposed to symbolize a part of Kaneki's past, and as we can see (possibly) they are dying one by one just like Kaneki's past "died" in the previous chapter. If Mutsuiki is dead, I will be pleasantly surprised that Ishida had the guts to pull it off

That's the way I've personally seen the Q's over the last few weeks as well. Each of them dying in a spot that Kaneki would've died in part 1.

mochakawaiibear said:
bobzanny said:
No she was introduced a while back. The last time I remember seeing her was the auction raid, she was with naki and the white suits

Ah ok thanks, that seems a bit familiar.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 21, 2016 2:35 PM
May 2016
You know...i think that what we saw in the end wasn't Mutsuki...and i wish that too...because why would Torso kill someone who he claims to 'Love' and why only leave the part he craves to devour the most...and would showing a decapitated head be more traumatazing than showing a torso? Furthermore i think that they have been teasing Mutsuki x Urie for a while now...in a manner similiar to Tokyo Ghoul Jack. You know...girl gets trauma due to ghoul and a friend marries her to make her better...and they even had Urie visiting Wushu for no reason and being asked when he was gonna 'get married'...but that's just my hypothesis. Peace Out
May 21, 2016 4:01 PM

Jul 2010
Kyrodu said:

No, personally I think it'd make more sense if Mutsuki died. She was being turned into a torso anyway, and if I'm not mistaken, that's how Torso got his name.

If she survives and kills her captor, then it's just a rehash of Kaneki and I cannot see it leading to something meaningful. I mean, 1 Kaneki is enough. Also, her dying would make a nice statement that some people can get through hard shit (Kaneki), and others are just submerged by it (Mutsuki). This will also cause nice character development for Urie and make for a nice fight and aftermath when all's said and done (I.e., They won, but lost as well).

Tl;dr, Mutsuki dying makes more sense than being alive, and impacts the story and characters in a much more meaningful way, as well as the audience.
May 21, 2016 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
That body must be of Mutsuki or another girl because there's no way she can have regenerated her entire arms and legs to kill Torso.
May 21, 2016 4:40 PM
Oct 2015
luvtospooge said:
Kyrodu said:

No, personally I think it'd make more sense if Mutsuki died. She was being turned into a torso anyway, and if I'm not mistaken, that's how Torso got his name.

If she survives and kills her captor, then it's just a rehash of Kaneki and I cannot see it leading to something meaningful. I mean, 1 Kaneki is enough. Also, her dying would make a nice statement that some people can get through hard shit (Kaneki), and others are just submerged by it (Mutsuki). This will also cause nice character development for Urie and make for a nice fight and aftermath when all's said and done (I.e., They won, but lost as well).

Tl;dr, Mutsuki dying makes more sense than being alive, and impacts the story and characters in a much more meaningful way, as well as the audience.

I agree of course we will have complainers who will say Ishida is bring to cruel, heartless or whatever. Of course it will be a cruel death that may be much for some people to handle but the world is cruel and bad things happen. In TG part one it always seemed like "the world is wrong." Was a major part of the TG world that bad things happen to good people because it's the way of the world. Either way Mutsuki alive or dead it will be the end for them. But the latter would be more meaningful in my opinion just to more reflect on how messed up the world is and that everyone does not survive being traumatized and tortured. If Mutsuki is alive they will definitely be another Kaneki probably a more cruel one and that is just very "mmh" to me.

If people really care about Mutsuki why would they prefer the character to be ruined in that way? Then a more powerful meaning and better legacy left in death.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.