3It was OK
5.4%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
56 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Tatsumi's determination was pretty cool in this chapter. He really has gotten really op now.

The ending with the PM shocked me. Dude has always had a big mouth but wtf,
May 20, 2016 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
I can see Suzuka showing up to fight Leone.

I like this version of Onest than his anime counterpart, he seems like a true monster.

If Onest gets to fight Leone, I hope its as brutal as Jolyne vs Westwood.

May 20, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
Afraid for Leone.
May 20, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
That ending with Honest catching the weapon surprised me very much. I though he was going to die in that moment. Will Takahiro kill Leone now?

The Mecha looks more brutal than in the anime.
May 20, 2016 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
is Tatsumi dead yet?
May 20, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
is Tatsumi dead yet?

No but he's still got massive death flags.
May 20, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:
is Tatsumi dead yet?

I would be more surprised if he actually manages to survive the series.
May 20, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:
is Tatsumi dead yet?

Oh well there's always hope for the next chapter then
May 20, 2016 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
May I have the link to the raws?
May 20, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
Exayda said:
Here you have:

http://zeemanga.com/manga/akame-ga-kill/71
May 20, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2014
Illyricus said:
Exayda said:
Here you have:

http://zeemanga.com/manga/akame-ga-kill/71

Thanks for this sir.
May 20, 2016 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
Q: You’ve gotten into fresh material after merely 19 episodes. Is this coordinated with Takahiro-san?

A: We planned this since two years ago. While the manga’s story continues, the anime have to have a start and finish. So we took Takahiro-san’s plot and ending, and rejuggled the plot to fit our needs.

We did determined that “Tatsumi will die in the battle with the emperor” and “final battle between Akame and Esdeath”. However, we did realize that manga didn’t quite go that way. (Laughs)

------

So White Fox really did some changes to the plot after the first 19 episodes.

This also hints Tatsumi might survive..

May 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
Q: You’ve gotten into fresh material after merely 19 episodes. Is this coordinated with Takahiro-san?

A: We planned this since two years ago. While the manga’s story continues, the anime have to have a start and finish. So we took Takahiro-san’s plot and ending, and rejuggled the plot to fit our needs.

We did determined that “Tatsumi will die in the battle with the emperor” and “final battle between Akame and Esdeath”. However, we did realize that manga didn’t quite go that way. (Laughs)

------

He better not =_= then again with all the shitty writing recently
May 20, 2016 4:36 PM

Oct 2014
If he survives he would live the rest of his life as a Dragon, thats kinda worse than death :/.

May 20, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
If he survives he would live the rest of his life as a Dragon, thats kinda worse than death :/.

He would still be dead since the dragon would be in control not him
May 20, 2016 5:44 PM

Oct 2014
His soul would be dead but his body wouldve become a living dragon lol.

Chapter also kinda gives more hints Budou might return.

Could end up something like Suzuka and Onest vs Leone and Budou.

Budou killing Onest makes more sense.

May 20, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
Eh it wasn't too bad... Tatsumi wrecking Gundam was nice. Certainly better than bullshit golden sonic Tatsumi...

But goddamn the Prime Minister surprised me. Stronger than expected.
May 21, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2008
LordPerucho said:
His soul would be dead but his body wouldve become a living dragon lol.

Could end up something like Suzuka and Onest vs Leone and Budou.

Budou killing Onest makes more sense.

Budou return would be glorious
May 21, 2016 7:55 AM

Oct 2014
Im starting to believe the reason both Mine and Budou died in the anime was because WF wanted to end the anime asap, Golden Digimon Tatsumi is a great proof they were fucking around.

Lets compare the last 5 episodes of AGK with the chapters since the Tatsumi rescue arc.

Wave becomes stronger unlike his anime counterpart.
Kurome doesnt get killed by Akame
Onest is a true monster unlike his anime counterpart, who was a coward.
Budou might return to kill Ones(he said he was going to deal with him).
Tatsumi isnt a digimon.
Slight chance Akame ghoul/zombie form is a bit different from the manga, and I hope Takahiro doesnt give her the ability to learn how to stop time ala Jotaro.

May 21, 2016 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
I'm prepared for the ring.
May 21, 2016 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
LordPerucho said:
Can you say those hints? I read the pages, but I never noticed something related to him.

Would be interesting to see Budo return, but I think he was done after the fight with Mine.
May 24, 2016 12:44 AM
Jan 2015
LordPerucho said:

------

more like 18 episodes to be exact.
May 28, 2016 1:17 AM
Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
Eh it wasn't too bad... Tatsumi wrecking Gundam was nice. Certainly better than bullshit golden sonic Tatsumi...

But goddamn the Prime Minister surprised me. Stronger than expected.

I recall Honest once asking Dorothea the alchemist to do something for him, but it was never mentioned again afterwards. She had the ability to summon demons so I'm guessing one was put inside him or something. Merely enchanting his body wouldn't enough to defeat Leone given how Dorothea couldn't do it, so this transformation is probably more potent.

If Budou does come back, this would definitely be a good time to redeem his character.
May 29, 2016 5:42 PM
Nov 2015
How convenient that the mecha didn't try to incinerate tatsumi with its "unibeam" or blast him with barrages of missiles. I know its useless to keep complaining about it but I find so much funny that half of tatsumi's problems could be resolved if he remembered his first and most useful power: invisibility, seriously the mecha woundn't even see him coming. Besides that, we also have nidalee vs tahm kench, I mean Leone vs Honest, I mean come on! leone(who looks like a cat) throwing the spear... honest devouring it...you get the picture.
May 29, 2016 11:56 PM

Dec 2013
nobody199 said:
How convenient that the mecha didn't try to incinerate tatsumi with its "unibeam" or blast him with barrages of missiles.

But he did shoot a beam but Tatsumi managed to block it.
May 30, 2016 4:51 PM
Nov 2015
yeah but i wanted to see the motherfucking laser beam he used on the ch 70. that thing would at least send tatsumi away like wave, I mean if you're going to give a challenge to a guy who cuts ice like butter and can resist time freezing, poisoning, lightning,esdeath tits...you know use your strongest weapon.
May 30, 2016 5:20 PM
Feb 2015
nobody199 said:
yeah but i wanted to see the motherfucking laser beam he used on the ch 70. that thing would at least send tatsumi away like wave, I mean if you're going to give a challenge to a guy who cuts ice like butter and can resist time freezing, poisoning, lightning,esdeath tits...you know use your strongest weapon.

It may have long charging time.
May 31, 2016 10:18 AM
Nov 2015
ixarising said:
nobody199 said:

It may have long charging time.

Probably, however we will only be certain of that when the translation comes. I didn't think of cooldown(sort of) for the giant laser beam, but in my defense the longest cooldown of the manga is one day and is for the ability to freeze time,lol!
JustAMangaFanMay 31, 2016 10:23 AM
Jun 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
Feels like a death flag for Leone...

Honestly, I hope they rush through the Ultimate Teigu vs Tatsumi fight. I'm not really looking forward to that at all. I wonder if the manga plans to make Tatsumi survive though.
Jun 2, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good chapter, Tatsumi wrecking the mecha was awesome.

Those honest panels are just disgusting to look at, Hope Leone kills him soon.
Jun 2, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
So, the Prime Minister is some kind of Teigu user at the end? And, for his words at the ending of the chapter, he is also a cannibal? Just when you think he couldn't get any more evil...

The battle of Tatsumi and the Mecha looks way better than in the anime. Especially because the Mecha seems more dynamic in the manga. I also liked that the Emperor this time avoided to hit the people on the Capital, though I think he will become mad like in the anime after that.

I can totally see Leone and Tatsumi dying. At the end, only Akame and Najenda will survive, just like in the anime.

Btw, Ieyasu looked a lot more cool in that pannel than when he appeared for the first time in the manga.

Stark700 said:
I wonder if the manga plans to make Tatsumi survive though.
With all the death flags he had raised in the previous chapters, I will be really surprised if he actually survives this.
Jun 2, 2016 1:36 PM

Dec 2011
Damn. Tatsumi kicking that huge ass Teigu. >.<
Leone is finally battling Onest... I kind of expected Esdeath to butt in and protect the huge Teigu, but I guess she is busy holding the other sides.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 2:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Leone's luck might finally end here. That PM will be hard to take down.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
Alrighty, what's here this month...

.More badass mecha, that is much cooler and more gory than in the anime.
.Still no Kurome or Wave... I swear to god, if something is happening to them off the panels. >_>
.The Minister being so over the top that its ridiculous, my god, I hate this fuck so much. =.=... And he can eat things now?! O.o Kind of surprising and impressive.
.Isn't it sad that anime viewers will never get to see Tatsumi this badass? >_> I do wonder if Incursio will go through one more evolution though, like in the anime. :o
.Holy shit, Leone is actually useful again. O_O

Good chapter. 3.8/5 on my book.
Jun 2, 2016 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
Leaving this

The following is from a Questions & Answers after the anime ended.

Q: After 19th episode the plot is really surprising. I think “Tatsumi” and “emperor” battle in Episode 23 (Kill the Emperor) had a strong fan reaction. A lot of people remarked “Can’t believe Tatsumi died!”

A: It is as I expected. Takahiro-san had intended that from the beginning, and it is a fun plot, and shocked people, but that’s before. I said also, I read the original manga, and I can’t really tell which way the plot’s going. Perhaps because anime went one way, the manga had to follow.

“Esdeath’s” ultimate weapon “Mahapadma” has appeared in the original. I felt that the plot was moving toward the revelation, then take down Esdeath. However, in the manga, Tatsumi already defeated “Mahapadma”, and Esdeath even said “I have another move left”.

The anime is based on the original material, but with fresh ideas added, which is how we ended up as such.

Q: Working on anime based on licensed material, as producer, do you keep in close contact with the manga artist?

A: Depends on the production environment. On the stuff I worked at, there is often somebody representing the original material. It is rare to be left completely alone. If it’s a completely new work from the original, then it will be handled differently. However “Akame Ga Kill” is a very conservative material, and in the discussion it will be very embarrassing to not have the original material side present their views. And if we are to add a brand new character we will have to negotiate a LOT of with their side, thus wasting our production time and work. It’s not worthwhile. This is not a standalone product, plot is based on the original material, and thus we need to have close ties with the original authors. With Takahiro at the production meeting we have very smooth comm.

Q: Did you ever thought “if I could have…”

A: we can’t change the plot and conflict with the original material. Also, we to make sure we reflect the original manga style in our anime, and that created more work for us as we created more shots, perhaps more than we anticipated. The manga artist has a visual rhythm, and in order to follow that our staff worked extra hard to make sure we paid proper respect to the original material.

Q: In hindsight, about “Akame Ga Kill!”, what do you feel this story is about?

A: If we are to use a phrase frequently used in the work, I would use “awaken”. Every episode is a new aspect on “awakening”. Tatsumi in “Night Raid” is such a test. Sure, it’s for improving a corrupt emperor, but killer is a killer. Tatsumi’s challenge is to realize what he is about to do.
In Episode 22, Akame said to Wave “Those who have not awakened, leave!” If you haven’t awakened, you can’t live in the work.

Jun 2, 2016 3:33 PM

Oct 2014
Nice swerve with Onest being a teigu user.

Maybe that ring that was Anti Teigu ring in the anime is what is giving him gluttony abilites?

Jun 2, 2016 11:08 PM
Feb 2015
The Shikoutazer's Ace in a hole. Tatsumi death flag incoming. Honest wants to eat Leone. Leon death flag incoming. Looks like Akame and Natasha might be the only 2 survivors again.
Jun 3, 2016 3:42 AM

Sep 2014
Ugh...hope this doesn't end the exact same way as the anime..
Jun 3, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2012
Still believe that Tatsumi would survive and in something like happy ending.
Was the translation not right for Leone's last line, cause i don't recommend eating him =/ I assume that it was probably just the way to talk back at him. And Staying alive ♪
allenjkeJun 3, 2016 5:05 AM
Jun 3, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2014
Damn Tatsumi being a complete badass and raising the morale yet again! The PM just got way creepier than before, well I hope Leone doesn't meet the same pathetic death as in the anime.
Jun 4, 2016 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
Damn Tatsumi is getting more badass in each chapter that passes; I like how the events are spawning, that Prime Minister has gotten creepier than before with that power that most likely comes form a Teigu... anything but the stupid nullifying ring that was shown on the anime.

Now let's wait another month for the next chapter...
Jun 4, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2016
She's gonna get eated.

I've always had the feeling the PM was some sort of superhuman with teigu powers so I was not surprised when he caught the weapon. At this point we know he's a major troll and is pretty messed up. Watch him be like that guy in One Piece in the snowy castle who would bite and eat everything (Wapol?) This isn't going to be easy for Leone.

The ultimate teigu will probably be taken down pretty easily by Tatsumi but none of this will be without consequence, who knows what kind of damage that super beam is gonna do. It will be unbearable waiting for the next chapters. Don't forget the blue beauty queen is lurking as well.
Jun 5, 2016 6:43 AM
Nov 2015
I swear if the ending of this is the same as the anime.
I'm gonna ragequit.
Jun 6, 2016 5:56 AM

Mar 2014
Tatsumi's greatness fucking continues!

As long as Honest gets utterly maimed by Leone, I can accept her death.
Jun 6, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2015
That Prime Minister is some kind of beast? Similar to Leone? Looks like it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 6, 2016 9:04 PM

Mar 2016
Illyricus said:
LordPerucho said:
Can you say those hints? I read the pages, but I never noticed something related to him.

Would be interesting to see Budo return, but I think he was done after the fight with Mine.

Didn't he die?? I mean I thought mine killed him...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2016 11:17 PM
Feb 2015
Extect said:
Illyricus said:

Well we didn't see the body so some people are speculating that Budou is still alive.
Jun 7, 2016 12:04 AM

Jul 2013
Extect said:
Illyricus said:

His body wasn't found and some people think he is still alive, but I think he is done. That attack was really powerful and if Mine entered in a coma just by the effort of launching that blast, Budo, who received it + his own attack, should be dead. Apart that I don't see him comming to the story again, Takahiro already wasted him.
Jun 7, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
Osten112 said:
Btw will the manga continue or will it end after the war like the anime did ?

and could that be in 5-10 Chapters ? idk
This is the final arc, confirmed by the mangaka.

I think the manga will end in 6/7 chapters, since now that the Minister is going to have a fight, things will last a bit more.
Jun 8, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
Right after reading Akame and Leone's parting words to each other as they went after their respective targets, I immediately assumed Leone was a goner and it looks like I'm probably right. Holy shit the Prime Minister looked so fucking creepy on that last page, but at least we'll actually get to see him go down fighting (assuming he does lose) instead of him getting offed in like a second. I imagine there won't be one winner, I think both he and Leone will die.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.