Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2010 8:14 PM

Dec 2009
noteDhero said:

I don't really understand why he didn't use the Sharingan right off the bat, or why it wasn't on the whole entire time. I'm a little dumbfounded.

I think you are asking why Sasuke didn't use Amaterasu in start.

He was supposed to catch Hachibi alive.So he did not use in start.He eventually used it to save him/his team.At that point he did not know that he can extinguish Amaterasu .But while trying to save Karin from Amaterasu he learnt how to extinguish.So he extinguished Amaterasu on Hachibi & caught him.
In short,if he had learnt the powers of M.Sharingan before he would have used the best/most suitable technique.
Jan 14, 2010 8:14 PM

Mar 2008
Fantastic episode !
amazing , 5/5
but fillers are right around the corner -__-. i hope they dont suck.
Jan 14, 2010 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
I liked it, see Sasuke die twice, it is very good. However, in a moment I thought I was watching bleach,Bee using cero, arm doJuugo remembered much of Chad =x
Kishomoto only failed to bring the dragon balls to revive Sasuke, and transforms it into super saiyan =x
But anyway I liked the fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2010 10:59 PM

Aug 2008
lillami said:
dont know why, but didnt really enjoy this episode. and sasuke being this weak doesnt make sense after defeating Orochimaru and Itachi.

What's up with that? He's defeated Orochimaru, Deidara and Itachi, and he freaking sucked. Itachi was, as far as to my knowledge, a pretty top ninja. Sasuke should be quite up there as well. But he couldn't even lay a finger on this guy? It should've been more of a "fight" rather than a massacre. He died twice for peat sacks.

Agree with noteDhero. I had thought Sasuke had grown quite a lot. Did he really rely on the curse mark that much? He's Shakugan didn't seem much of a help either. Even half dead though, those two were some of the world's most formidable ninja's.

LOL @ The people saying "Great animation!". Did we watch the same video? 720p even? SOOO much of the character's animation's were being blurred it was ridiculous. Don't make me post screen shot's lol. Good fight still, even if I don't understand why Sasuke was so weak.

Place to return to drove me nuts...I never thought it was going to end.

Please...please....no more filler! *Crys*.

I'm also wondering why Amaterasu is such a burden on Sasuke's eyes.
Jan 14, 2010 11:00 PM

May 2007
It's always like that. Fucking fillers. I am hoping the same ItachiShinigami.
Jan 14, 2010 11:15 PM

Jan 2009
damn the sword fights are ridiculously cool
i love every moment in this episode ^^
Jan 14, 2010 11:19 PM

Apr 2008
Lariat is most deadly attack killer bee has .If his brother joins the fight Sasuke is dead for sure
Jan 14, 2010 11:22 PM

May 2008
still waiting for Rock Lee to appear lalalala

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 14, 2010 11:32 PM

May 2009
Please, name ONE other series that can give such awesome fights like this! Bleach and One Piece is not even close to this awesomeness, thus why Shippuuden is hugely underrated here on MAL
Jan 14, 2010 11:37 PM

Sep 2008
I was wondering why the fight scenes were so great....they were just buttering us up before another filler arc.
Jan 14, 2010 11:43 PM

Jan 2009
njasis said:
Please, name ONE other series that can give such awesome fights like this! Bleach and One Piece is not even close to this awesomeness, thus why Shippuuden is hugely underrated here on MAL

the smooth animation style on fighting sequences you can find it also on soul eater and the movie sword of the stranger
Jan 14, 2010 11:51 PM
Dec 2007
Fatentity said:
lillami said:
dont know why, but didnt really enjoy this episode. and sasuke being this weak doesnt make sense after defeating Orochimaru and Itachi.

What's up with that? He's defeated Orochimaru, Deidara and Itachi, and he freaking sucked. Itachi was, as far as to my knowledge, a pretty top ninja. Sasuke should be quite up there as well. But he couldn't even lay a finger on this guy? It should've been more of a "fight" rather than a massacre. He died twice for peat sacks.

No curse mark, so he is weaker now - makes sense.

Fatentity said:
LOL @ The people saying "Great animation!". Did we watch the same video? 720p even? SOOO much of the character's animation's were being blurred it was ridiculous. Don't make me post screen shot's lol. Good fight still, even if I don't understand why Sasuke was so weak.

It's an SD show, which makes 720p an upscale which explains the blur. I don't see how you can prove bad animation by a static screenshot, being blurred has absolutely nothing to do with animation.

Fatentity said:

Well its sort of the same thing with Naruto if he transforms, his skin is burned.
Jan 15, 2010 12:24 AM
Jul 2008
Great episode!
Jan 15, 2010 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
lillami said:
this episode didnt amuse me too much. hopefully the next episode will improve even if it is a filler

if you think about it, both were sick and none of them wanted to kill sasuke for various reasons. Sasuke only beats sick/weak people and can only do so with the "i-win-no-jutsus" he gets from other people (note: other people).
Jan 15, 2010 12:53 AM

Apr 2009
njasis said:

read onepiece latest chapters..
heck, you dont even read onepiece o_O
ah.. just another troll -_-

anyway awesome episode... tho they made it before the filler
Jan 15, 2010 2:47 AM

Jan 2008
Overall nice episode.
But Sasuke was soooo weak.
To be saved twice by Jugo and Karin,
that reduces his coolness factor.
Though I don't think his cool at all. >.<

and Aww c'mon. Fillers again.
Sheesh.
Jan 15, 2010 2:47 AM

Sep 2008
I actually got a question no one seems to have asked or mentioned.

Is Suigetsu really dead?
Jan 15, 2010 2:51 AM

Dec 2009
nina4life said:
I actually got a question no one seems to have asked or mentioned.

Is Suigetsu really dead?

this

anyways great episode best shippuden episode ever
Jan 15, 2010 2:57 AM

Jan 2010
Its an awesome episode. Sasuke is so cool^^
Jan 15, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2009
smokes said:
njasis said:

read onepiece latest chapters..
heck, you dont even read onepiece o_O
ah.. just another troll -_-

anyway awesome episode... tho they made it before the filler

If you haven't noticed yet, this is ANIME discussion. It should be obvious that I compared with the anime of One Piece, not the manga. Next time you want to blame someone for trolling, at least have a reason.
Jan 15, 2010 3:34 AM

Apr 2009
^lmao its the same shit.
dont compare these episodes with the first 10 or 20 of OP))

---
yeah is suigetsu really dead ? o_O
he looked like a mummy lol
Jan 15, 2010 4:14 AM

Jun 2009
I cant stop laughing, but the battle is very extreme, 1 vs 7swords!!

Jugo's jetpack chakra XD

ZinvyJan 15, 2010 4:41 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 15, 2010 4:53 AM

Sep 2009
The fight was truly epic. If only all naruto episodes were like that.... OH MY GOD!!!
Too bad the fillers are starting next ep.... ehhh... :(
No sig :(
Jan 15, 2010 5:02 AM

Dec 2009
great battle
Jan 15, 2010 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
Arrgghh....why won't Sasuke just DIE???!!!!

Killer Bee almost KILLED Sasuke, but stupid Karin, stupid Suigetsu, and stupid "Broly" guy (I don't remember his name, since he's unimportant to me)... T_T

Killer Bee was ON FIRE! The best Shippuuden episode I've seen IN A WHILE!!!
Jan 15, 2010 8:19 AM

Dec 2009
Ooh, sasuke cares about his new and old team ^^

-- ----------- FILLERS NOOOO ---------- --

I hate fillers!
But Naruto Shippuuden fillers are better than Naruto Classic.
Jan 15, 2010 8:48 AM

Apr 2009
I want to watch this in HD. the video I watched you-can-barely-see-the-movemet type of quality. -.-

Amagai said:
Hot episode, great fight sequences and superb visuals! Hopefully the fillers are at least halfway entertaining as the Bleach 1's. The fillers seem to be about 1 of the jinchurikis and kyubi, if I'm not mistaken that dude blowing bubbles is 1 of the dudes posted on the jinchurikis portrait. I guess they plan on doing fillers for all jinchurikis, damn.
nah, not all. they already said that akatsuki had 6 of 9 jinchuuriki, which leaved only one we haven't seen yet. (those caught don't count). I'd go crazy if they did
Jan 15, 2010 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
tk_rout said:

I think you are asking why Sasuke didn't use Amaterasu in start.

He was supposed to catch Hachibi alive.So he did not use in start.He eventually used it to save him/his team.At that point he did not know that he can extinguish Amaterasu .But while trying to save Karin from Amaterasu he learnt how to extinguish.So he extinguished Amaterasu on Hachibi & caught him.
In short,if he had learnt the powers of M.Sharingan before he would have used the best/most suitable technique.

Nope. I'm talking about just his regular old Sharingan. He had it off for a good portion of the battle, when it should have been on the entire time. Maybe he would have been better at reading his movements, and wouldn't have lost so ridiculously.
Jan 15, 2010 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
MagicWookie said:
I was wondering why the fight scenes were so great....they were just buttering us up before another filler arc.

Just what I was thinking XD
Jan 15, 2010 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
what if sasuke atacks naruto with the black fire?
Jan 15, 2010 12:45 PM

Feb 2008
Loved Sasuke getting his ass kicked Bee rocked
Jan 15, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
smokes said:

They'll probably make up some excuse for the Kyuubi to absorb it.
Jan 15, 2010 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
Why couldn't Saucegay just let Karin die...oh well we won't have to hear any god awful rapping for a while.

P.S. Why do we need MORE bloody fillers!? How big a gap do they need between the anime and the manga >.>
Jan 15, 2010 1:30 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't know Sasuke was that weak XD
Jan 15, 2010 1:34 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
smokes said:

What if Kishimoto has an even better excuse than that? :D

@Zell182: Well about 90 chapters away.

Sqinny said:
I didn't know Sasuke was that weak XD
He was weak from the beginning. He lost almost every single battle and on top of it, Kishimoto keep on giving him free powers and to top it of he just wasting all of those powers.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 15, 2010 2:37 PM

Apr 2009
yeah, but Madara also was atacked by amaterasu.. and he 'blocked' it))
Jan 15, 2010 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
kaylee130 said:
Rohirrim said:

Jinchuuriki isn't a 'hax power'?

He meant Sasuke's power....i think (o.0)

He knew that. Was saying "and the Jinchuuriki power isn't hax?". You say that amaterasu is hax, but the jinchuuriki power aint?
Jan 15, 2010 5:20 PM

Sep 2008
poor sasuke when he finds out.....
is it me or the enemy of the next arc is one of the jinjuruki`s in the manga that was never that important....i think it the six tailed one, i hope that he is strong
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 15, 2010 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
I wouldn't mind fillers if they were different but they're exactly the same every time!,remember the last 2 filler arcs?

Guy/kid/girl who is emotionally hurt and confused until he/she/it meets naruto who makes him/she see that he/she's not alone

Mediocre bad guys,remember the killer wig?

out of place character design,i think you can clearly notice they are filler characters even if you don't read the manga

and lastly the lenght,the "place to return to" filler arc lasted about 6 months
Jan 15, 2010 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
Sasuake is weak lol

Jan 15, 2010 8:17 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode. Its sad to see Sasuke being so weak, even though he lost his curse mark the mangekyo sharingan should have made up for it. He used the Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu and put out Amaterasu twice and still managed to walk away, gotta give him credit for that though. Also, great teamwork from other members, much better than last week.
Jan 15, 2010 9:08 PM

Nov 2007
let's just hope it won't be a whole season... jesus..
Jan 15, 2010 9:18 PM
Nov 2007
idk, i kind of WANT this upcoming filler arc. i always wanted to know what the bubble-tails is like :)

i mean, as if the manga'd waste any time on shit like that, but our lovable writers at shippuuden inc will probably make some crazy ridiculous story around this tailed beast :3

BUBBLES
Jan 15, 2010 11:07 PM

Apr 2009
This episode rocked, seeing Sasuke & company getting butt raped by a much more capable (not to mention badass) ninja was highly satisfying.

Jan 15, 2010 11:45 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
What a great fight!!!

Make way for the fillers!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 16, 2010 3:11 AM
Sep 2008
well someone is weak..
but nice fight,

4/5 but cant say same for next few eps.
Jan 16, 2010 8:04 AM
Apr 2009
smokes said:
^lmao its the same shit.
dont compare these episodes with the first 10 or 20 of OP))

---
yeah is suigetsu really dead ? o_O
he looked like a mummy lol

at least kishimoto doesn't make 40 episode in each fight cuz he has brain man roflol
Jan 16, 2010 10:17 AM

Jun 2008
Fatentity said:
lillami said:

Agree with noteDhero. I had thought Sasuke had grown quite a lot. Did he really rely on the curse mark that much? He's Shakugan didn't seem much of a help either. Even half dead though, those two were some of the world's most formidable ninja's.

Place to return to drove me nuts...I never thought it was going to end.

Please...please....no more filler! *Crys*.

I think you forget that he never beat Itachi, not to mention Itachi was half dead by sickness. If Itachi wanted to kill Sasuke he could have done it a thousands times. Madara told him that also. So Sasuke isn't really at the level of Itachi.
Orochimaru was half dead and basically lost the battle in that illusion place not in a physical way.
Now if we consider all the other factors like Sasuke still not completely full power because of the fights he had, the fact that he lost the curse seal and that this was his first time using mangegu so he didn't use it perfectly things start to make sense.
Also Sasuke was trying not to kill him. He didn't go at him full power at first. And the last very important factor is that we are talking about the 8 tails here and a guy that controls it perfectly and is a top ninja. Just because you where seeing Akatsuki beating the others don't think it was easy and this guy is the stronger from all. Yes even Naruto because Naruto can't control it and in normal ninja form his nothing against him.

And last there is something that everyone forgets. This ninjas fight with techniques. According to what kind of techniques each one has things can go very strange. It's not just a matter of am more powerful than you.
Stop thinking with the Dragonball logic that everything goes according to a level of power. It doesn't work that way.
Jan 16, 2010 11:04 AM

May 2009
tbh Sasuke has never been that strong, I mean he almost lost to Deidara, Itachi let sasuke win, and Orocimaru was just near enough dead in bed anyway lol. I just think Sasuke is a bit too lucky for his own good, can't wait for it to bite him in the ass.
Jan 16, 2010 12:31 PM
May 2009
noteDhero said:
smokes said:

i was actually expecting jiraiya came up with a way of dealing with it.... he sealed it in a scroll when itachi used it to escape.
he might have left a way to deal with amaterasu with naruto.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.