Forum Settings
Forums

Has the MAL anime discussion forum been exhausted of possible topics?

New
May 15, 2016 4:02 PM

Nov 2011
Seems like all the good topics have been made and there's just no room left for new thought provoking discussions. I have a horrible time trying to get a thread started without people attacking me for making a stupid thread. I used to try to make smarter threads but they all ended up DOA. Most of the threads are becoming repeats now or don't really warrant discussion.
May 15, 2016 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
Yea I've lost interest in MAL forums for some weeks now.
May 15, 2016 4:16 PM
Feb 2014
This would have been a better idea if you posted it on AD, I digress since meta threads don't really get much publicity there, but yes. There is nothing you could talk about because for nearly 2 years the topics have been the same.

Just let irrational minds flow as they will, but yes, nothing new should come out of AD.
May 15, 2016 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
The_Nico said:
This would have been a better idea if you posted it on AD, I digress since meta threads don't really get much publicity there, but yes. There is nothing you could talk about because for nearly 2 years the topics have been the same.

Just let irrational minds flow as they will, but yes, nothing new should come out of AD.

This thread is about the AD forum but not really about anime so I figured it would get moved here or locked.
May 15, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2015
Not really, you just have to think outside the box. I have a lot of strange conversations with my friends, so when a good thread idea pops into my head, I write it down for future use because why not.

I have a few good threads that haven't been made yet (I used search) but I'll do whatever it takes to shake up the common topics.
Any idea is better than another abortion or vegan thread on casual, or objective vs subjective on anime. Which is saying alot coming from me, a person who's relatively new here.

Rarity is Best Pony!
May 15, 2016 4:27 PM

Mar 2014
Never really cared about forums. I use this site to find new series and keep track of them. The interesting stuff comes when talking privately to someone via messages, skype or profile comments who has a similar taste, I don't see anything useful in forums I only see trolls and islamophobics.
May 15, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2007
Just because you got called out on making the 4th thread aboug digibro's rant doesn't mean there's nothing left to talk about in AD.
You've come a long way, baby.
May 15, 2016 4:55 PM

Feb 2016
A lot of ideas have been used more than once, there's no lie about that. But there are actually a few threads that create thought provoking discussions even for a troll. It doesn't bother me really, if I've already posted my thoughts on a particular thread, I won't post the same thoughts on a remake. If a thread doesn't interest you, search hard for another one that does or make your own.

In fact... this thread about remakes is a remake lol.
May 15, 2016 5:00 PM
Jan 2013
My only problem is when guy is obvs new and peeps go "Fock you bramate, dis been done 7 time dis week"
And then OP cry
and become edgy
and do school shooting
all cause MAL doods been a dick for dood not being the originalest dood

But lets be honest ere, good topics are instantly bad while the bad topics are what's the real deal
Discussion are for those who want to think
gone bai bai
May 15, 2016 5:11 PM
Feb 2014
Mkim said:
My only problem is when guy is obvs new and peeps go "Fock you bramate, dis been done 7 time dis week"
And then OP cry
and become edgy
and do school shooting
all cause MAL doods been a dick for dood not being the originalest dood

But lets be honest ere, good topics are instantly bad while the bad topics are what's the real deal
Discussion are for those who want to think

They were more or less edgy by default but creating repeat threads on AD might intensify the edge.
May 16, 2016 1:56 AM

Nov 2015
My threads are the only good ones. The only breath of fresh air in the eternally stagnant murk of shit that surrounds MAL. Sadly, not many people know how to appreciate them. But that's the point: If the majority knew how to appreciate what's actually good, the good will stop being good.

Praise me as your noble Lord. Praise me for only I can make this temporary abode of yours mirthful so that when you happen to look back, you will feel wistful, and sad, and would hope to relive your glory days.
May 16, 2016 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
yep, allow listing threads and vs threads already so we can discuss more anime! a lot of listing threads and vs threads in the past have some good discussions to them too even though they are heated debates
May 16, 2016 2:14 AM

Oct 2009
I was actually quite a bit sad that pre-renaissance history related threads or katana versus claymore threads are not being remade anymore. The most recurring threads is usually about how stupid awesome dual wielding swords is, but hey I'm more of a halberd guy than a swordie.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 16, 2016 2:24 AM

Jun 2015
Nothing is original anymore anyway. Just post and let the rants come. At least you created an interestind discussion.
May 16, 2016 2:28 AM

May 2014
New users keep showing up and even topics like "abortion" and "feminism" are new to them, give it some time and they too will become jaded as all hell and eventually lose interest in the forums.

Notice how prior 2014 regulars are no longer as active as before, heck even @Immahnoob stopped posting even though he used to live on CD basically.

I guess this is natural for forums :/

Trance- said:
My threads are the only good ones. The only breath of fresh air in the eternally stagnant murk of shit that surrounds MAL. Sadly, not many people know how to appreciate them. But that's the point: If the majority knew how to appreciate what's actually good, the good will stop being good.

Praise me as your noble Lord. Praise me for only I can make this temporary abode of yours mirthful so that when you happen to look back, you will feel wistful, and sad, and would hope to relive your glory days.

No.
May 16, 2016 2:28 AM

Feb 2013
In the first place watch more anime, it's not related with this topic but I had to say it.
Don't expect something original when you go to a forum, you are going to see the same things, unless something else besides a human made that thread.
May 16, 2016 2:37 AM

Jan 2015
ZA_WAYD said:
New users keep showing up and even topics like "abortion" and "feminism" are new to them, give it some time and they too will become jaded as all hell and eventually lose interest in the forums.

Notice how prior 2014 regulars are no longer as active as before, heck even @Immahnoob stopped posting even though he used to live on CD basically.
Good riddance. That guy is like Ravioli, minus the kinda funny and likable part.

ZA_WAYD said:
Trance- said:

No.

hehe
May 16, 2016 2:56 AM

Jan 2016
I tried providing a new topic when I was only a few weeks old here but it got derailed pretty quickly.

Since then, I tried to at least make threads that hasn't really been talked about before. But, occasionally, I do dabble in those recycled topics.

--

Well, I still think that AD is better than this board, in general.
May 16, 2016 2:58 AM
Mar 2013
I think it has. I remember the old days of explaining why One Piece is shit to rabid fan-boys for hours on end.

I feel like the userbase is less interesting if anything. Recycled topics can still be good if the responses are decent.
May 16, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2014
Absolutely

Back in the day we used to have a variety of interesting threads, nowadays it's just feminism/SJW/religion related topics or nazi trolling chauvinism BS

Which is why MAL needs to revoke the 30 characters minimum rule and rule 6 once and for all
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 16, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2015

God damn it, your salt for me is seeping through your post which you wrote with your cum-stained hands half-dipped in Salted Lays.

Get a life faggot.
May 16, 2016 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
Trance- said:

God damn it, your salt for me is seeping through your post which you wrote with your cum-stained hands half-dipped in Salted Lays.

Get a life faggot.

Cum has been mentioned in this thread. I don't know why but I feel more complete because of it.
May 16, 2016 3:58 AM

Jan 2015
i don't even know how to thread
gofuckyurself30characters

la critique de l'intention pure
May 16, 2016 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
Trance- said:

Get a life faggot.

Cum has been mentioned in this thread. I don't know why but I feel more complete because of it.
Cum makes everyone feel more complete.
May 16, 2016 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
what are you talking about? i'm sure there are many more topics to discuss about feminism and religion considering MAL absolutely never talks about those.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 16, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
semss-Pack said:

http://www.wikihow.com/Thread-Your-Eyebrows
If you're reading this, then you be should banana the one often to effectively die apples through convergence, autism plus unicorns.
May 16, 2016 5:59 AM

Jan 2015
plebster said:
semss-Pack said:

http://www.wikihow.com/Thread-Your-Eyebrows

now that's help, thx

la critique de l'intention pure
May 16, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2016
Everyone comes to that realization fortnightly

More topics from this board

» FAvorite philosopher and Why ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 4, 2018

117 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

12 by MalchikRepaid »»
29 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

707 by Jozuwa-_- »»
33 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

72 by Freshell »»
54 minutes ago

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

36 by LoveLikeBlood »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.