Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
a word for the after-credit scene : SAVAGE!!! FATALITY!!!

Another freaking great episode. They put the SoL elements from the beginning until the ending and put all of the fucked up stuff in the after credit scene. really great desicion. and i really really like that the director didn't even showed the face, let alone the murderer feet, clothes or somthing that might be obvious to the viewer (*cough* *cough* Erased *cough* *cough*) really love this episode, at how they executed it. just gonna be honest, i can't tell who is the murderer let alone what will happen.

After-credit scene aside, i like the SoL elements in this episode too. same with the previous episode. in the previous episode we got Emilia's smile and in here we got Rem's smile and i really like it a lot. not only that, i think we got a character development between Rem and Subaru in this episode. if we think about it again there was no character development before he died (previous episode) so the way the author changed the pattern after he travel back in time and put a character development in it is really great imo. i really like how the author make the story.

and now i feel bad for Subaru. he was even crying in the beginning that he repeated again after the promise that he made with Emilia and he was looking foward to it. man, i kinda know what he felt and i feel bad for him.

but again, that after credit scene was really terrifiying AF. SAVAGE. DAmmit! i think the murder blow Subaru's head in the end if i'm not wrong. best ending from this series so far i guess (?) no! the most dark ending so far from this series!!! too much blood!!! PERFECT EXECUTED!!!

looking foward for the next episode.
i'm guessing

Edit : and one more thing. because the after-credit scene blown my mind away, i forgot about the fact that Betty was still remember him in this episode even tho he just travel back, repeated again to the beginning. NOW that is really really really interesting imo. i can't even think how can she's still remember him. that really caught me by suprised. they even put it on the beginning.

I saw J.C Staff and Silver Link are helping White Fox for making this anime from the ending credits. and again they didn't put OP song too. DAMN! now i know exactly that White Fox is very seriosu with this anime adaptation.
YizelTroMay 1, 2016 2:44 PM
May 1, 2016 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Something to note is how-

rude Subaru is. Keep this in mind before feeling sorry for him.

Anyway I won't be visiting the forums anymore until the show ends. Doing otherwise will only spoil me sooner or later. GL y'all.
May 1, 2016 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Xenocrisi said:
It was an OK episode.
Animation was great as usual.

What the actual fuck after the credits?! They totally censored it

I remember months ago seeing a picture from the LN in which Rem (or Ram?)

So I'm assuming that the same thing killed Subaru at the end

Great visuals for the ED

Oh, one thing, why does Betty remember Subaru even though he died?

the 1st "life" started with him alone in the bed, then he met betty...then he woke up on the bed...with the twins

2nd "life" started on the bed...with the twins

so for some reason that scene with betty will always be on her memory cause the reset is after that scene, don't ask me why tho lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 1, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2016
Horizon355 said:
75% of this episode was boring and useless (like the previous one).
Ending was fabulous though.

3/5

What do you want? If they just rush things up it would make no sense then so story development is essential for this anime.
May 1, 2016 2:30 PM
Nov 2013
This was a nice, fluffy episode... And then that fucking cliffhanger. That was W I L D.
May 1, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2015
His death scenes have been adapted quite well. You can really feel the "realness" in the situations
May 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
Holy fuck, that escalated quickly! Also, there has to be something with demons, otherwise Rem wouldn't have asked some questions about it.
May 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Nov 2014
ryukan said:
honestly ram or rem (the blue hair maid) is kinda fishy.. when subaru said he likes demons, she kinda smiled
idk if she's a demon or something o_o

rem is the blue haired, the younger sister. So just think of "Emouto" = rEm.
kidlat020 said:
otherwise this entire loop is pointless.

it's because they cut off some scenes. In the shower scene, roswaal was supposed to talk to subaru about elemental magic, and we'll find out which element subaru gets
. But I guess they're leaving that for the next episode because there's no enough time.

mozgow said:
Xenocrisi said:
Isn't your whole comment a bit spoiler-ish?
Maybe only that part about "puppy" and the girl. But just a little :-)
The rest should be pretty obvious.
why keep on putting "puppy" into italics...? Are you trying to...emphasize something...?

Anlex said:
Well the Rem x Subaru thing is not gonna happen... It's not like I don't want it to happen, but you know how it goes :/... I also think that these maids are doing that dirty killing job (just a guess tho)... Anyway I would love to see some progress finally!

I don't know how it goes...?
May 1, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
Being Subaru is truly suffering. The poor guys just cannot catch a break.

The conversation with Rem about the demons... does that indicates she is one?
May 1, 2016 2:49 PM

Mar 2016
Dying is Painfull and we feel it with the post credit scene^^ It remain to subaru to "seduce" Beatrice so I think she'll e more active in the next episode.
May 1, 2016 2:49 PM
Aug 2013
I feel like this all has to do with this archive full of forbidden magic that beatrice watches over, anyway really nice episode like last one turned form bright to hell, clean cut between the two thanks to the credits, also a few more clues to who might be responsible for his deaths.
May 1, 2016 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, this show is so full of cliffhangers, that I have goosebumps at the end of every episode 0.o Still, I find this show to be amazing, and I am really glad that it is 25ep and not 12-13ep anime.

May 1, 2016 2:54 PM
Aug 2015
The one who killed him is defenitely the owner of the mansion..
May 1, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Ugh this episode...

This episode is one of those where you won't be fully judge it until future episodes is shown. There are a fair amount of tiny scenes that the average viewers might missed which would foreshadowed twists as well as reveal character personalities but I have no idea if they're intentional or not (i.e. Ram's drastic but subtle voice contrast, the little girl's expressionless before and after the dog bites Subaru, etc). These can be easily said to be mistakes in the production and animation but I really hope these are intentional. If it is, then it would make this a good episode overall otherwise there's quite a bit of pointless scenes and scenes literally not making any character development...

The ED visuals are nice and those 3 cinematic stills timed with the music is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure some of those visuals are also symbolic for the characters later on.

Hm... maybe I shouldn't raise my expectations too much though... Lest I'll be disappointed by the twists *cougherasedcough*
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 1, 2016 3:04 PM

Nov 2014
kidlat020 said:
making the 4th loop "very exciting". the author was brilliant here.

you mean the loop where he
VanishingKira said:
Pretty meh episode overall,before watching kept hearing how amazing and great this cliffhanger was but it the same shit as before he just got killed again,nothing new,exciting or interesting.
read it for the mystery, don't focus on the cliffhangers.
d388 said:
I had high hopes for this show. But the plotholes and the awful writing is unbearable at this point. The main character keeps acting like a 8 year old kid with down syndrome.
explain
May 1, 2016 3:05 PM

Oct 2014
OHHHH!!!! dAmn that end!! I thought we were going to find out who killed him in that last moment but no not yet! xD
May 1, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2015
Wind_God_Girl said:
Ugh this episode...

This episode is one of those where you won't be fully judge it until future episodes is shown. There are a fair amount of tiny scenes that the average viewers might missed which would foreshadowed twists as well as reveal character personalities but I have no idea if they're intentional or not (i.e. Ram's drastic but subtle voice contrast, the little girl's expressionless before and after the dog bites Subaru, etc). These can be easily said to be mistakes in the production and animation but I really hope these are intentional. If it is, then it would make this a good episode overall otherwise there's quite a bit of pointless scenes and scenes literally not making any character development...

The ED visuals are nice and those 3 cinematic stills timed with the music is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure some of those visuals are also symbolic for the characters later on.

Hm... maybe I shouldn't raise my expectations too much though... Lest I'll be disappointed by the twists *cougherasedcough*

They are intentional, definitely. If you pay closely attention and pick up any hints or suspicious behavior the story will reward you afterwards. So remembers these scenes you mentioned and recall them in future episodes.

Well all in all this can be seen mainly as a set up for the upcoming episodes.

I'll be as objectively as I can. Between Erased and Re:Zero's twists are worlds. I couldn't predict anything that happened in the story nor could I ever guess the reason behind the events. So you won't end up awaiting the obvious.
May 1, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2012
I could not resist and had to spoil myself by reading the manga....if a series gets me so invested that i have to read the source material..you know you got some good stuff.

I basically spoiled my self for the next 2 to 3 epsiodes..however luckiliy the manga version has not gotten tot he ending of this arc yet... so i am hoping i might get to see the entire story ended before the manga catches up.

bottom line...this is some serius stuff in this show..and i am happy it is being made :D
May 1, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Well, this was like 100% times better than previous episode and its slice of life feel was pretty well don (dunno if it was done by different studio last time or this time - Silverlink maybe?). Though I have to say I didn't need to see lecherous magrave in his nakedness and that Beatrice VA is still a little annoying. Also, the names of both sisters are still mixing in my mind (they mixed them once even in subtitles) but the blue haired one was kinda nice.. even though his talk about "oni" made it seems like he was right on the spot and she's a bad one or at least she thinks to be due to her "inferiority". But is she really yandere? That, I still don't know.

I wonder if the key to not being killed is to avoid envy from both of them, to satisfy both else the other will kill him. Or if blue haired would execute any order from pink one, even if it was his killing. I doubt it is Beatrice though, that's more like the red herring.
May 1, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
I love this show so much, the dialogue particularly are so good, so entertaining, how they put little joke everywhere but that are always funny !
May 1, 2016 3:09 PM
Jan 2013
All I have to say is, can next week not come any sooner ^w^?

9/10 anime for me so far~
May 1, 2016 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
poor subaru again, his life in another world is hard..

and great episode again too, we got some information/hints, a cute emilia and.. you know..this cliffhanger

5/5
May 1, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
Hm... I just realized the first 4 episodes adapted the first book. I guess I can say this series would end up taking 6 books out of the 8. Pretty amazing adaptation....

Fappa said:

They are intentional, definitely. If you pay closely attention and pick up any hints or suspicious behavior the story will reward you afterwards. So remembers these scenes you mentioned and recall them in future episodes.

Well all in all this can be seen mainly as a set up for the upcoming episodes.

I'll be as objectively as I can. Between Erased and Re:Zero's twists are worlds. I couldn't predict anything that happened in the story nor could I ever guess the reason behind the events. So you won't end up awaiting the obvious.

Great! I'll be waiting for the next episodes with high expectations then. I'll be looking forward to some good stuff from this series.

And for those of you who are desperate for spoilers, here have a small one.
May 1, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
ttcchen said:
rem is the blue haired, the younger sister. So just think of "Emouto" = rEm.

Great tip, gotta keep remember this :) Also, while Ram is calling MC Barusu (=Balls), Rem is using his normal name Subaru, another difference (anyone knows why she's using anagram?)
May 1, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2015
Wind_God_Girl said:
Hm... I just realized the first 4 episodes adapted the first book. I guess I can say this series would end up taking 6 books out of the 8. Pretty amazing adaptation....
Almost. Episode 1-3 adapted the first volume which is really short. Episode 4 & 5 now started the second volume which is almost double the length of volume 1. All in all there are 8 volumes with the 9th one coming soon ( they release almost monthly ). The light novels adapt the web novels and they have content for ~30 light novel volumes. According to the author he's only at the halfway mark in the story. So you see we have a big, deep and complex ( that sounded more dirty than I intended it to be ) story here.
May 1, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2013
I must admit I didn't have so many expectations with this anime, but so far it's been a great surprise at least for me, probably one of the best shows of the season. I like the way we learn about the other characters' personalities and the way the story is focused, although I'd like to see more about his power (how did he get it, when, etc) but it'll surely happen in a few episodes, as it's a 2-cour.

4/5 episode, totally enjoying this anime, hope it keeps that way and we learn more about the mysteries of this universe.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

May 1, 2016 3:42 PM
Oct 2012
the tension was real.
i hope beatrice and duo maid werent the enemy.
they were too cute to kill
May 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
WHAT THE F*** JUST HAPPENED?!!?!?!

Welp. At least we know why it reset. He died in his sleep last time. :O

guyklc said:
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.

Nonetheless, the after credits scene was absolutely intense and very well done.

He didn't know he died last time. He slept and woke up thinking it reset randomly.
May 1, 2016 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
Fappa said:
Almost. Episode 1-3 adapted the first volume which is really short. Episode 4 & 5 now started the second volume which is almost double the length of volume 1. All in all there are 8 volumes with the 9th one coming soon ( they release almost monthly ). The light novels adapt the web novels and they have content for ~30 light novel volumes. According to the author he's only at the halfway mark in the story. So you see we have a big, deep and complex ( that sounded more dirty than I intended it to be ) story here.

Sorry I meant the first 4 episodes which count the first episode as 2 episodes considering the length is doubled....

Well I wouldn't say monthly.... Only the first 5 volumes are released in as short as 8 months, 6-7-8 has a large gap. Well you could say it's due to the Extra volumes being released in between.

And for volume 2 being thicker, yes it is if you're talking in a WN perspective however the anime is adapting the LN directly in which volume 1 contain 292 pages while volume 2 contain 324.
May 1, 2016 3:54 PM

Nov 2014
The only thing worth watching in this episode was the scene after credits.

Also, i'm starting to feel the subaru's character quite annoying, he doesn't know how to shut up for a moment?
May 1, 2016 3:57 PM
Aug 2015
HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING WAS SO INTENSE! Was Subaru poisoned or something before and then the killer finished him off? Wtf, I can't wait for the next episode, so much suspense >.>

I'm guessing that Rem and Ram are demons, since the blue-haired girl started smiling when Subaru said that bit about demons. ARGHGHKS WHO'S THE KILLER, I MUST KNOW
May 1, 2016 3:57 PM
May 2016
Yes i get it he restarts everytime he dies, but this episode was basically the same as the last episode. There was barely any story development at all. Yes he didnt actually retrace all his steps from the previous episode but damn the story did not go anywhere at all. I hope this wont be a short series since they have an episode to waste on the same thing. They should have atleast showed us who or why or how he keeps dying. That last scene after the credits was not enough at all. Atleast a figure or a shadow or something. A roar is not enough. Anyways i felt like this episode was a waste. IMHO
May 1, 2016 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
Is it me or the one who killed him at the end is.......

Poor Subaru, he sure don't die in clean ways. Literally got his head blown up.

Edit : Eh, I'm a retard. That wasn't a leg at the end, it was a table leg. I'm so stupid.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 1, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
I really liked those twins in this episode. Both of them are so adorable :3

That death was beyond brutal. Holy shit!!!
May 1, 2016 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Bro...dafuq just happened here?
Don't believe the hype.
May 1, 2016 4:00 PM
May 2016
error5000 said:

Also, i'm starting to feel the subaru's character quite annoying, he doesn't know how to shut up for a moment?

i agree. it was such a waste of an episode, hope half of the 25 episodes wont basically him dying an episode or two and figuring out how not to die the third. They should've shown more about the killer or how he died at first. Such a dissapointment this episode was.
May 1, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
hungryheart95 said:
error5000 said:

i agree. it was such a waste of an episode, hope half of the 25 episodes wont basically him dying an episode or two and figuring out how not to die the third. They should've shown more about the killer or how he died at first. Such a dissapointment this episode was.

If you don't want to learn about the characters and see how Subaru builds his relationships others and various developments (and see the real reason why his deaths are so painful) then just drop it. This not the anime to watch all you want to see emotionless and senseless deaths. This arc isn't just about the killer.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 4:08 PM
May 1, 2016 4:06 PM
Nov 2015
skyUFO said:
Just what on earth comes to kill him at night?!

I'm sure the same thing/person came to kill him the first time too but while he was asleep.

And also I think he got sick from the dog bite. So I wouldn't dig deeper into that.

Wanna spoiler? it was... hahaha just kidding. But is not someone from outside, for sure.
May 1, 2016 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
I just picked this up and marathoned it and holy crap it's so damn good.

I feel really sorry for Subaru. Getting nice moments with Emilia twice just to die. If he can act like he's happy after this I'll honestly be surprised considering his reaction when he woke up from his previous death. The general consensus seems to be he was poisoned and killed by the one who poisoned him. So someone in the mansion wants him dead. I think it's either Rem or Ram.

5/5.
May 1, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Rem was smiling when Subaru talked about liking demons. Ontop of that the loop changed whenever the twins where involved, I'm guessing one (or both) of the twins is a demon that knew he came back to life, which would explain why they didnt give him a tour around the mansion-because he already had one. Its also the reason why they somehow knew his sizes without having to measure. Im calling it right now that one of the twins killed him. (Ram for sure tho, because Dio/Hisoka isn't the guy yo do the dirty work himself.
May 1, 2016 4:12 PM

Apr 2014
hungryheart95 said:
error5000 said:

They did heavily hint it.
May 1, 2016 4:13 PM
May 2016
Jagd84 said:
hungryheart95 said:

If you don't want to learn about the characters and see how Subaru builds his relationships others and various developments (and see the real reason why his deaths are so painful) then just drop it. This not the anime to watch all you want to see emotionless death. This arc isn't just about the killer.

He already did all that the previous episode there was no need to repeat the process again and again. It feels like this episode was just a filler. And what you are saying is POINTLESS. Becuase no matter how much he builds his relationship and developtment on other characters it will all be gone and reset back to ZERO once he die. There was no development at all other than him finding out the someone does kill him at night. That was the whole point of the episode.
May 1, 2016 4:16 PM
May 2016
Z4k said:
hungryheart95 said:

Oh they did? Idk i suck at sleuthing. Can you tell me which part?
May 1, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
hungryheart95 said:
Z4k said:

Oh they did? Idk i suck at sleuthing. Can you tell me which part?

May 1, 2016 4:19 PM
May 2016
ColdBreeze said:
hungryheart95 said:
Yes i get it he restarts everytime he dies, but this episode was basically the same as the last episode. There was barely any story development at all. Yes he didnt actually retrace all his steps from the previous episode but damn the story did not go anywhere at all. I hope this wont be a short series since they have an episode to waste on the same thing. They should have atleast showed us who or why or how he keeps dying. That last scene after the credits was not enough at all. Atleast a figure or a shadow or something. A roar is not enough. Anyways i felt like this episode was a waste. IMHO
Actually not single sentence is really valid. First of all, this episode was completely different. We did a progression, well, he did. He got a hint, the sound you heard is important. We saw how he died .. What's that for a point? But yeah, looks like you created an acc recently just to troll. So this is useless effort anyway.

I created my account very very recently not to troll but to discuss. So you are telling me, they made an episode just to give that hint (sound) ?? Sorry for being new and i am not trolling at all. If you can argue my point then be my guest.
May 1, 2016 4:26 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode 5/5. It's pretty interesting seeing the differences of each timeline and picking up tidbits about various characters here and there. They pulled it of really well with this anime and actually made everyone seem fairly interesting. Feel bad for Subaru whenever he dies. It actually seems horrible each time.
May 1, 2016 4:30 PM

Nov 2014
I wont spoil but if you pay attention to the last episode and todays episode, majority of the details of why and how he killed was already forshadowed...

Anyhow i saw best girl smiled and oh my god its even better than what i expected

1000/10

Re:zero>>>>>>>>>>>Hero academia
May 1, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
Damn Subaru can't catch a brake... I fell really sorry for him. His power sucks, it makes him revive so that he can only experience a worse fate each time, and him always being optimistic makes his deaths even more sad.
May 1, 2016 4:34 PM

Mar 2010
hungryheart95 said:
Jagd84 said:

If you don't want to learn about the characters and see how Subaru builds his relationships others and various developments (and see the real reason why his deaths are so painful) then just drop it. This not the anime to watch all you want to see emotionless death. This arc isn't just about the killer.

He already did all that the previous episode there was no need to repeat the process again and again. It feels like this episode was just a filler. And what you are saying is POINTLESS. Becuase no matter how much he builds his relationship and developtment on other characters it will all be gone and reset back to ZERO once he die. There was no development at all other than him finding out the someone does kill him at night. That was the whole point of the episode.

He repeated jack outside the cleaning and the dressing scene was such a minor part of episode. The actually things where important were the new interactions with everybody along with small clue sew about to hint that killer. If you don't care about that stuff then just drop t. Once this not kind of anime exist just so you can see the MC die. His relationships to others and how he wins them over is just as important. Particular because that how he comes care about them and continues go through things he does. That is how the show builds up it's emotional darker parts. Not one bit of it is pointless.

Take or leave it.
Iron_MawMay 1, 2016 4:39 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.