Forum Settings
Forums

Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread v.5

New
Pages (85) « First ... « 37 38 [39] 40 41 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2017
Overrated animu threads are overrated...
Sep 4, 2018 5:40 AM

Dec 2017
steins;gate 0 is absolute garbage so far. i'm confused of why it's rated so high..
Sep 4, 2018 5:43 AM

Apr 2018
Digitizer said:
Imouto Sae ireba Ii

at this point i dont even understand why im still shiate-ting on this anime but still, i hate this.
Judge me, idc
the anime is good and you should watch more than 3 eps before you start shitting on it on every thread
Sep 4, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2018
ZvoElf said:
Objectively speaking every popular Anime I dislike doesn't deserve the hype.

Ecaxtly everyone except me has shit taste.
Sep 4, 2018 6:15 AM
Mar 2013
What topic gets way too many reposts but it doesn't really deserve it?
Sep 4, 2018 6:30 AM

Jan 2018
Shinsekai Yori:like WTF,the characters are garbage,the plot is mediocre,nothing special,the pacing changed faster than i could ever imagine.

Erased:worst couple ever (kayo x hiromi),really author?Kayo should end up with the protag,or ATLEAST the blonde guy(dont remember his name),not some whiny bitch.The show have a strong start but slowly turn into trash.

SAO:do i really need to explain lol

March comes in like a lion:one of the slowest show i've ever seen,you can literrally skip 10 episodes of this show and still be able to know what's going on.
Sep 4, 2018 6:37 AM

Oct 2014
TTagain said:

Tokyo ghoul re= One of my most hated anime fans are the fans of tokyo ghoul anime. They always hype up new tokyo ghoul season oblivious of how trash it is and how much they miss out by not reading source material.

Dude, what? This is like when people talk about SAO being overrated. Who says this shit? The TG anime gets ripped apart everywhere (I believe most people think :re is better than Root A, but still bad). Stop making shit up for the sake of discussion.
Sep 4, 2018 6:38 AM

Nov 2008
RogerSmith2004 said:
If it's able to leave an impact on its audience in a big way, then it deserves its popularity. I am not the arbiter of what should or shouldn't be popular. I am just one person with one set of likes and dislikes.

Best post in this thread, really.

There isn't a super popular anime I know of where I think "WHYYYYYY". It may not be to my taste....but I "get it"....you know....

True garbage anime would be those poorly made underground OVAs from the 80s and 90s. XDDD And those are not popular at all or if they are, they are in the "so bad it's classic" category.

Sep 4, 2018 6:41 AM

Oct 2017
Konosuba and Re: zero deff come to mind
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 6:41 AM

Jan 2018
Sonate said:
Most definitely Erased. Though its directing was decent, its writing was frustrating to watch as it slowly progressed to molten garbage.

That I agree also,

BNHA, OPM, Kimi no Nawa, HxH. I can name hundreds of them but ain't got time for that.
Sep 4, 2018 6:47 AM

Jun 2014
SAO: The writing is garbage, though I don’t dislike as much as I used to since the hype seems to have died down (or at least I haven’t gone looking for the hype), though I will grant that it has very good visuals and art.

Dragon Ball Z: Terrible pacing. I’m not really a fan of the art style either, though I can look past it. The pacing is the unforgivable sin for me. If it weren’t for the pacing, I’d probably like DBZ.

One Punch Man: I kinda like this one, but I also think something was missing from it. It was just good. Nothing amazing or outstanding, but I did enjoy watching it.
Sep 4, 2018 6:57 AM

Mar 2016
I feel like this is a poor question (or at least poorly worded) because popular anime are popular for a reason (i.e. they appeal to the public in some way or the other). So to say that a popular anime "doesn't deserve" it's popularity sounds contradictory. You could talk about obscure anime that ended up unpopular because it wasn't marketed right or came out at a poor time, but not the opposite.

Well, that's just what I think. I might be an idiot for all I know.
Sep 4, 2018 7:05 AM
Aug 2016
Any popular anime I dislike doesn't deserve its popularity blah blah blah

TheDeadApostle said:
I feel like this is a poor question (or at least poorly worded) because popular anime are popular for a reason (i.e. they appeal to the public in some way or the other). So to say that a popular anime "doesn't deserve" it's popularity sounds contradictory. You could talk about obscure anime that ended up unpopular because it wasn't marketed right or came out at a poor time, but not the opposite.

Well, that's just what I think. I might be an idiot for all I know.

^this

Malkshake said:
SAO: The writing is garbage, though I don’t dislike as much as I used to since the hype seems to have died down (or at least I haven’t gone looking for the hype), though I will grant that it has very good visuals and art.

You don't even have it on your list...
AsltSep 4, 2018 7:08 AM
Sep 4, 2018 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
Digitizer said:
Imouto Sae ireba Ii

at this point i dont even understand why im still shiate-ting on this anime but still, i hate this.
Judge me, idc

Imouto sae hype? tf in what way? Pls enlighten me about the glory hype of Eromanga S2
Sep 4, 2018 7:42 AM

Jan 2015
bnha and the big majority of fate, ubw and hf included
Sep 4, 2018 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
uninstallthegame said:
steins;gate 0 is absolute garbage so far. i'm confused of why it's rated so high..
Exactly what I wanted to say for the topic of this thread
Sep 4, 2018 7:46 AM

Sep 2013
darling franxxx

tokyo ghoul root a

highschool dxd series like wtf hell?

Sep 4, 2018 7:58 AM

Dec 2015
Probably the most recent example is BnHA, essentially a cookie-cutter Shounen. However, there are plenty of examples including SnK, S;G, Re:Zero, etc. It's just too bad the general masses tend to go with the flow of hype rather than examine these shows on a critical level.
Sep 4, 2018 8:34 AM

Sep 2017
fma brotherhood because it’s inferior to the original because it was darker and i watched it on toonami when i was like 7 so therefore it’s brtter and brotherhoods ending was bulsit and generic good day
Edward Elric > your waifu

Sep 4, 2018 8:36 AM

May 2018
Any anime that gets hype, really. It is inevitable, but I wish that no anime got any particular hype and that everybody would have some calm affection for them, rather than create ‘popular anime series’ and such.
Sep 4, 2018 8:42 AM
Apr 2016
Other than OP i dont agree with anyone here lol. I would like to add naruto, bleach, dbz and one piece though.
Sep 4, 2018 8:45 AM
Apr 2018
Attack on Titan

Every shounen cliche

One punch man

Every superhero/shounen cliche
Sep 4, 2018 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
weekly overrated anime thread because we really didn't do this at least a hundread times already

PhantomThief_ said:
Neon genesis evangelion. if someone can actually explain to me how it's anything deserving above a 6 then id be grateful

it's simple: being really fucking good
Sep 4, 2018 8:51 AM
Mar 2016
Nithirel said:
TTagain said:

Tokyo ghoul re= One of my most hated anime fans are the fans of tokyo ghoul anime. They always hype up new tokyo ghoul season oblivious of how trash it is and how much they miss out by not reading source material.

Dude, what? This is like when people talk about SAO being overrated. Who says this shit? The TG anime gets ripped apart everywhere (I believe most people think :re is better than Root A, but still bad). Stop making shit up for the sake of discussion.

Maybe you haven't lurked enough on the internet. I have genuinely seen and argumented over this(tokyo ghoule re S2) on youtube multiple times.
Sep 4, 2018 8:58 AM

Aug 2015
Chaet said:
Dragon ball z, it's straight up garbage, I wonder how people still like it
Striker-3649 said:
Other than OP i dont agree with anyone here lol. I would like to add naruto, bleach, dbz and one piece though.
Eh.. It's a battle shounen about power fantasy? Same as Naruto, bleach, One piece, Hunter x Hunter and every single battle shounen..
I don't like battle shounens either but they do what they're supposed to do, delivering a flashy power fantasy for the casual audience. They're not normal anime per se but they do what they're supposed to and they're loved for it. Kids love flashy action, battle shounens have it so the kids go crazy over them. Simple. Their popularity is more because of their target audience than their quality.
Sep 4, 2018 8:58 AM
IHaveTrashTaste

Aug 2013
I never really get the hype of Soul Eater. It may be entertaining, but I hate everything Halloween related so no surprise i hated the anime.
Sep 4, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
blumenbalt said:

are you really saying this with fucking zero no tsukaima in favs? like the worst fantasy harem in existence?

DxD at least has a proper world, doesn't pussy out, and the female lead is an actual likable person and not tsundere trash
Sep 4, 2018 9:09 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
After watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, I could not for the life of me understand why everyone was so hyped about it. I didn't find it to live up to the expectations everyone set for it.
Sep 4, 2018 9:11 AM
Apr 2017
why so many overrated anime threads in these past few day
Sep 4, 2018 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
Imaishi said:
blumenbalt said:

are you really saying this with fucking zero no tsukaima in favs? like the worst fantasy harem in existence?

DxD at least has a proper world, doesn't pussy out, and the female lead is an actual likable person and not tsundere trash

Excuse me, just because I have a favorite that has low quality doesn't mean that I can't recognize quality itself. Favorite animes has more into it than just quality.
Sep 4, 2018 9:17 AM

Dec 2014
Hmmm... The only thing that comes to mind is Fortnite.
Sep 4, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2017
PhantomThief_ said:
Neon genesis evangelion. if someone can actually explain to me how it's anything deserving above a 6 then id be grateful

That's is only a waifu war between fans that have lasted for too many years...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Sep 4, 2018 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
Dropping platitudes here and there, just an average shitty thread again.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Sep 4, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
Ugh, I hate negative threads like that and as always most of the shows mentioned are actually pretty okay and it's pretty clear to me why they deserve the popularity they got. Why do people enjoy being toxic and bitching about pointless stuff so much? Why do people insanely overvalue their own opinion and think it's any basis to judge whether something deserves popularity or not? NObody gives a shit if you're one of the hundred thousand people who start hating a popular show. For shows with popularity you haters are a dime a dozen and all it tells me is that the show is popular and that triggers people. It's barely even related to quality how many haters a show has, it's all about how popular it is and how much people can feel like hipsters with unique taste while jumping on the hate bandwagon.

Meanwhile I'll try to find a thread that's not about people just expressing irrational hatred and shitting on other peoples preferences to make themselves feel better.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 4, 2018 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Pullman said:
Ugh, I hate negative threads like that and as always most of the shows mentioned are actually pretty okay and it's pretty clear to me why they deserve the popularity they got. Why do people enjoy being toxic and bitching about pointless stuff so much? Why do people insanely overvalue their own opinion and think it's any basis to judge whether something deserves popularity or not? NObody gives a shit if you're one of the hundred thousand people who start hating a popular show. For shows with popularity you haters are a dime a dozen and all it tells me is that the show is popular and that triggers people. It's barely even related to quality how many haters a show has, it's all about how popular it is and how much people can feel like hipsters with unique taste while jumping on the hate bandwagon.

Meanwhile I'll try to find a thread that's not about people just expressing irrational hatred and shitting on other peoples preferences to make themselves feel better.

In the end, people always get salty and end up shitting on each other on those kinds of topics, like you said.
Sep 4, 2018 9:31 AM

Feb 2013
Pullman said:

so tell me more about shigatsu wa kimi to uso :))
Sep 4, 2018 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
Sonate said:
Most definitely Erased. Though its directing was decent, its writing was frustrating to watch as it slowly progressed to molten garbage.

the manga was better by far
but it also couldn't have been crammed into 12 eps
Sep 4, 2018 9:33 AM

Feb 2017
Could someone explain me what is the reason behind the popularity for One Piece, for Naruto, for Bleach? Could someone please explain me (without the "is because it's awesome" or any shit like that) why these series are so overhyped.

Of course I saw some episodes from these series and, because I found them so boring, I couldn't understand why there are people who like them
We are EVERYWHERE...
Sep 4, 2018 9:34 AM

Aug 2018
Highschool DxD: Complete trash. Why this isnt a hentai instead.
Other ecchi trash animes: Why this isnt a hentai instead.
One Punch Man: It's average at best but Saitama is boring and not deep enough to be pleasing to watch. But if OPM wasnt popular then Mob Psycho might not exist so im kinda worried about this one.
Obviously SAO i dont need to list any reason.
ImAWeebUwU said:
garbage character list
rem

What's so wrong with Rem. She is completely different at the start than in the middle and her monologue is a onion jutsu atack.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 4, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2014
Welcome to the NHK was meh at best....it had it's good parts but i found it boring overall....took me forever to finish it
Sep 4, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
Black clover,classroom of the elite,and many more
Sep 4, 2018 9:45 AM

Sep 2013
romagia said:

I laughed way too hard at this, oh my god.
Sep 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
Akerakai said:

You mean Cheap Clover? (i love the crap out of the show though)

Damn i tried to post a screenshot of a terribly drawn Asta running like he was made on MS paint but i have no clue how this site works.
So just imagine a laughably poorly drawn Asta.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Sep 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Jan 2015
CordobezEverdeen said:
Highschool DxD: Complete trash. Why this isnt a hentai instead.
Other ecchi trash animes: Why this isnt a hentai instead.
One Punch Man: It's average at best but Saitama is boring and not deep enough to be pleasing to watch. But if OPM wasnt popular then Mob Psycho might not exist so im kinda worried about this one.
Obviously SAO i dont need to list any reason.
ImAWeebUwU said:
garbage character list
rem

What's so wrong with Rem. She is completely different at the start than in the middle and her monologue is a onion jutsu atack.

Everything. Backstabby, annoying bitch.
I agree with the onion attack, whenever she appeared on screen I cried because I wanted to kill myself.
Sep 4, 2018 9:48 AM

Apr 2018
CordobezEverdeen said:
Akerakai said:

You mean Cheap Clover? (i love the crap out of the show though)
indeed the animation is awful
All the budget went for the great openings and endings i guess
Sep 4, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
Pullman said:

I actually hate talking about it because I don't enjoy talking about stuff I hate very much, at least after the initial frustration has been vented, which has long, long, long happened with Shigatsu. It's just usually the only thing I can even mention in these negative threads because it's possibly the only anime I ever really hated (at least the only really popular one, not sure if Kabaneri counts as popular enough to qualify for that), while everyone else seemingly hates everything that isn't on their favorites, just using the term very inflationary to express any slight dissatisfaction with something.
Even then, I haven't talked about Shigatsu in years, all I ever do is link people to my old rants, when I was still freshly triggered, from whille it was airing, because nothing would bring me less joy than having to argue about Shigatsu at this point.

Plus no matter how much I hated Shigatsu, I never made a thread about it to let everyone know my irrelevant opinion on the show. The only times I talked about it was when others made threads that asked questions about it. I don't spread negativity and hatred like that, I just try to get it out of my system as quickly as possible so I'm not still hating on shows when they're three seasons in or 30 years old like some of the wonderfully positive people in this thread.

Basically where other people cling to and enjoy their own irrational hatred for a show, wanting to rub it into everyone's face every day and cherish those negative feelings so they never leave them and stay in their heart forever, I just wanna vent and rant short-term until I'm done and then forget about it and not keep that hatred with me for the rest of my life.

I don't like hating a show, it doesn't give me any enjoyment and it doesn't make me happy, it's just an annoying and frustrating feeling. Sometimes it can't be helped and I will hate a show, but I'm always more inclined to want to forget about it instead of dwelling on that hatred, bringing it to the public and rubbing it into everyone's face by making whole threads about it. But after 8 years on AD I can say I'm in the definitive minority here. Most people are active on the forums for the most part to do exactly that - rub their negative feelings about shows in the faces of other people, ideally fans of the show because how dare those fans get enjoyment out of something that only made them angry. They need to learn that THEY should be angry too, so let's try and MAKE them angry, shall we?

That's how it feels at least.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 4, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2015
Negativity and recycled threads. That's the rule of thumb in MAL basically.
Sep 4, 2018 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
I really dont understand why would pp hate an anime
an anime doesnt rip off your leg or give you aids why would you hate something thats made up by frames and pixels
I guess mostly the fandoms that are overly toxic and tarded lead people to hate those anime despite not actually watching them themselves
Sep 4, 2018 10:04 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
MayoiYui said:

I guess mostly the fandoms that are overly toxic and tarded lead people to hate those anime despite not actually watching them themselves

We just have to make threads on AD to rub each other off by incessantly complaining about how every single anime that attracts an audience might not appeal to us or be considered good. "Everything that exists should appeal to me, selfishness is human nature and I am in no way sounding or acting like this by turning my frustrations with the content I dislike achieving some measure of success onto its audience." Give me a fucking break.

I should just make a fucking copy/paste one-liner where I can switch out the keywords about (x) type of content or (x) series and then post a new one in each and every thread like this, just because it's all every post in it every amounts to. Same shit every time, same pointlessness and the same amount of delusions of grandeur that their hollow, in-explanatory one-liner possesses some degree of merit towards how other people should consume and view the shit they watch. Bonus points if they turn around and try to use "it's just my opinion don't get so pissy lol u mad?" if they get blasted for their shitty take.

People don't get tired of how incredibly circular it all is, for some reason, which is fucking insanity in my eyes, but whatever. I'll never view it as anything except vapid and pointless, but hey, it still seems less annoying and redundant to me than ecchi threads or "least favorite trope" threads.
ManabanSep 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Sep 4, 2018 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely Overlord. I don't get what's so special about it. It's just another boring issekai series to me.
Pages (85) « First ... « 37 38 [39] 40 41 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

39 by deg »»
36 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
57 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 15 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 45 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.