Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2016 2:44 PM
Jul 2014
Hopefully now they'll cut back on the comedy since they're getting into the more serious material of the story supposedly.
Apr 20, 2016 2:44 PM
Aug 2014
Halfway through this episode I was asking myself "Why am I watching this comedy?" Legitimately thought about dropping it.. Good thing I finished the episode.

Went from 0 to 100 REAL REAL QUICK

This is what I expected from this series now the comedy heavy story can't wait for next week now.
Apr 20, 2016 2:47 PM
Sep 2015
Viper_607 said:
I don't really understand at all how that fight ended like that. He literally tried to kill two of the agency members, Yet Suicide-kun decides to just stop the fight and that's it? He hould have helped were-tiger-kun kill those two morons instead of just breaking up the fight... I.. Just.. what?!

We don't know if those two are dead just yet. I haven't read the manga so this is just speculation on my part, but I think even Suicide-kun would have a hard time taking on Akutagawa. Though Suicide-kun is right, it's a smarter move to withdraw for the time being, take care of the injured and postpone the revenge for later when they would have devised a plan as well.
Apr 20, 2016 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
Nothing257 said:
my reaction when Dazai interfered "oh, why dont you just fuck off". 2/5

had excactly the same in my mind.....when i read your post.
Apr 20, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
That turned bad really fucking quick. Great episode though...
Apr 20, 2016 2:54 PM
Apr 2015
lezerman said:
It was better than last week.
Darker and with more action, though i can't take some actions seriously because of some characters, the dialogue and the story overall is not well written, but the direction of the series make it much more interesting than the normal.

So overall, nothing great or memorable, but good series, at least at this point.
my thoughts exactly, like when he sister " died " I didn't really know how to feel because the music didn't really match what was happening and the second half felt quite rushed though the action was really nice
Apr 20, 2016 3:10 PM
Aug 2013
Things are starting to get serious, i like the direction this is going in.

Dazai is an interesting character as well.
Apr 20, 2016 3:21 PM

Sep 2015
Much better episode than the previous one. I hope Naomi is okay. Can't wait for more.
Apr 20, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Getting pretty serious now
Turned brutal so quickly lol
Naomi and her brother should be fine
Dazai's an ex-Port Mafia member huh.
Apr 20, 2016 3:37 PM

May 2014
I can quite easily say, even at this stage, that this is my anime of the season! Dazai nabs character of the season, too! ^_^
Apr 20, 2016 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
I WANT TO PUNCH A HOLE IN HIGUCHIS STOMACH SHES THE WORST CHARACTER IVE EVER SEEN ITS HOUOUMARU FROM KILL LA KILL ALL OVER AGAIN
Apr 20, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
I did not expect shit to go down like that. Akutagawa is brutal. Can't wait to see how this is all going to play out. Great episode.

Apr 20, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
I'm so glad that the anime finally reached this point! Because the introduction to the Port Mafia is when a lot more serious shit goes down. And I'm so glad to see how Akutagawa's power was animated! Been anticipating that for a while.

The reveal of Dazai being an ex-member of the Mafia must have surprised some people. But what really made me love this episode even more was Dazai wanting to commit a "Double Suicide" and singing that song. >////< so cute!~

I can't wait for next week's episode. Little hint: We'll be seeing Akiko Yosano's ability "Thou Shall Not Die".
Apr 20, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2015
I think this might be tied with Sousei no Onmyouji for my #2 favorite anime of this season. Really enjoying this series right now, glad to see it's getting more darker. I thoroughly enjoyed Atsushi's white tiger transformation, it was really bad ass. I'm pretty excited for the episodes to come, I'm liking where this series is headed right now.
Apr 20, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2011
Viper_607 said:
I don't really understand at all how that fight ended like that. He literally tried to kill two of the agency members, Yet Suicide-kun decides to just stop the fight and that's it? He hould have helped were-tiger-kun kill those two morons instead of just breaking up the fight... I.. Just.. what?!
Remember what they said about Akutagawa at the beginning of the ep?

Otherwise, I liked how awesome Dazai is, as always. The "I make it look like I'm stupid when in fact I'm making fun of you all along and I'm the most competent out there" (which should be clear by this episode alone, given what he did with the woman).

[ quote]Also OP Tanazaki ability! :O[/quote]

He's not even close to being op in this manga's setting, that's the scary part.

also, quite an eye for details, Thepyromaniac, gg.

And I don't think people were supposed to "care" for Naomi. She's been properly introduced in this very episode. If anything it's more like in fate/zero, a little sign that "not even women or children are safe". i don't know why everyone is so stuck on this "caring" thing or on others things equally nonsensical after 3 episodes and when this is the first out of the introduction.

maybe he is stornger than the guy with black cape ? well can't wait to see both of them fight. not i wonder what's behind the bandage on Dazai's body XD

I'm not sure, didn't the first episode clearly say what his ability is? Well, even if it isn't it should be obvious enough by now anyway. But his ability + being a badass overall given his past makes it really, really convenient.

And god people still going with this "bad writing" nonsense without explaining clearly the problem. Buzzword definitely are the devil. I probablynever saw another word misused as much as this except maybe "animation".

IMO the comedy is the important part of the serie. Adark serie that does NOTHING except being dark have a very high risk of becomimg static very quickly and lost the effect of surprise or worse, desensitize the watcher about what happens (Akame ga kill, I see you). You have to keep the "nice parts", the "hope that life is nice and normal" parts, in order to cause a shock from the contrast when the bad things finally happen. "Tragedy is relaxing; you know that everybody dies at the end". Light parts in a dark atmosphere can actually enhance the dark atmosphere, and quite a lot. The remaining problem is whether the humor works for someone or not; which is perfectly reasonable as a complain; but that's a matter of opinion; Lighthearted parts in a dark setting are not a bad thing or are not in opposition to the setting themselves and, again, can contribute to it. It keeps things from being too predictable and allows the public to see other parts of the characters that you wouldn't see if everyone was constantly on a battlefield. If some aren't receptive to the humor, that's their problem and too bad for them, but then it's the kind of comedy that is the problem, not the comedy itself.
willardhwrightApr 20, 2016 5:20 PM
Apr 20, 2016 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
Toning down the comedy a bit was a big plus, this was the best episode yet.
Apr 20, 2016 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode. Best one yet. Everything went serious.
Naomi & Tanizaki sure have an interesting relationship.
The Port Mafia don't mess around. Akutagawa is a beast. His ability is terrifying. Killing those police officers & setting that bomb off.
Atsushi's first case & its a trap. Higuchi shooting Naomi. Amazed she is still some what alive. Tanizaki pissed off & his Light snow ability is cool. Nearly killed her by strangulation.
Akutagawa devouring Atsushi's leg. Thats brutal. Awesome to see the White Tiger again. He can deflect bullets.
Dazai showing up at the last minute & dispelling their abilities. So he was a Former Port Mafia member.
Atsushi has a 7 bil bounty on him. Now everyone is gonna be after him.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 20, 2016 5:34 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 20, 2016 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
Oh shit.

Went straight from light hearted comedy to actual serious stuff. Amazing.
Apr 20, 2016 4:49 PM
Nov 2015
I really enjoyed this episodes transition from comedy to the more dark aspects. Wasn't really surprised Dazai was an ex-mafia member kinda saw it coming. Overall good episode
Apr 20, 2016 5:00 PM
Dec 2015
Que buen capitulo el del dia de hoy... Lleno de mucha emoción y una historia que se pone cada vez mas interesante..
Es algo que no pueden dejar de ver
Apr 20, 2016 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
This show is still kind of average for me, nothing special, and the revelation about Dazai's past wasn't that good, kind of predictable. I find the comedy to be a little silly as well, but this darker, more serious tone was pretty nice. If it focuses more on the dark story aspects rather than throwing random comedy in our faces, I reckon I'll enjoy this throughout the rest of the season.

3/5
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Apr 20, 2016 5:13 PM

Feb 2015
That got intense. It was nice to see the mafia come into play this quickly.
Apr 20, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far, although I don't understand why the mafia members would withdraw, the other team had 2 members down and the other one was 'asleep'. Unless Dazai is really strong (at least as strong as the guy on the other team) I can't comprehend why they didn't continue fighting.
Anyways, it showed darker aspects of the show and most of the episode was really good, so 4/5.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 20, 2016 5:37 PM

Jul 2015
The comedy is so fucking terrible and so many cliches played out in this episode, sigh.. at least it's starting to get darker. I hope the other two died, though I doubt it, cause you know, plot armor.
Apr 20, 2016 5:45 PM
Feb 2015
The people who dropped this because of the comedy should be ashamed. This episode got a lot more exciting, violent, and dramatic, 0 to 100 real quick. Also, the story gets much more darker from here, so you should be grateful to get anything comedic.
Apr 20, 2016 5:52 PM

Jun 2015
That comedy went straight outta the agencies HQ's window. 0 - 100 real quick

I'm loving it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2016 6:16 PM

Jun 2015
//The tiger was not affected by the woman's bullets, but it was really the tiger's hologram that was invincible.

Is the actual tiger impermeable to bullets as well?

//As a whole this was my favorite episode thus far. The shift in tone was fast.

//But... evil guy is motivated by money? I mean, you'd think with all his power he might have easier ways to obtain it. Maybe he also likes the fun of finding the tiger or something.
Apr 20, 2016 6:31 PM

Dec 2014
i love it! I'm loving the characters (probably not much with Naomi tho--her over attachment to her bro is a bit too much/weird for me)

i thought maybe Dazai's former relation to the Port Mafia made him suicidal, lol but i could be wrong.

i'm hyped for the next episode :D
Apr 20, 2016 6:46 PM
Sep 2012
much better than the last ep thou I think I'd have enjoyed it more if I had not read the manga
like when I watched the first ep without knowing about the manga I was so impressed then I read the whole thing and last ep was such a disappointment idk

but finally! Akutagawa!!! I was so thrilled to see Rashomon but is the fight kind of too short or what I literally went crazed when Dazai appeared to stop it. I knew it would happen but I was still so mad!!!

very hyped for the next episodes with more mafias :yay:
Apr 20, 2016 7:24 PM
May 2015
I am really Dazai's character more and more each time I watch an episode. The second half was pretty dark.
Apr 20, 2016 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
Excellent episode
Apr 20, 2016 7:53 PM

Sep 2014
Finally, good bye to that comedy!

That was a really entertaining episode.
Apr 20, 2016 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was an amazing episode!
Apr 20, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
least it's getting a little more serious these "comedy" bits were killing me,but really the incest cliches are getting to me now adays normally didn't bother me that much there's just to many of them getting real tired to the point i actually commend when shows don't have siblings with incest tendencies even when it's played as a joke.
Apr 20, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 2015
Introductions done, now time for some action. Oh yes, that was good. I really want to know more about Dazai.
Apr 20, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2010
This series is doing very little, if any, wrong. The comedy works, the characters are endearing and incredibly well designed. The animation is fantastic, and the plot seems to be ramping up.

Easily the best show this season! I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Plus, I hope Naomi didn't die, I quite like her, from what little screen time she has been given anyway!
Apr 20, 2016 10:32 PM
Nov 2015
A lot of people saying things like Dazai should've killed Akutagawa and higuchi?? And that the siblings should be dead after the firing.. Well.. It's not really that easy to die if you're a member of the armed detective agency...

All in all this was a great episode though!! 9/10
Apr 20, 2016 11:00 PM

Mar 2009
Well, uhh, that escalated quickly.

smh at the sister character. Shout-outs to this season's Flying Witch for having a normal sibling relationship.
Apr 20, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2015
First there was fun comedy with the brother and sister's relationship and Dazai with his desire to commit a double suicide. (The real Osamu Dazai actually attempted to commit a double suicide but it failed, as he lived, while the woman did not.)

Then of course there just had to be gore. Sure, we did get a glimpse of the plot, but I really just can't find it in me to appreciate overly gory shows. Yet I enjoyed the action. The gore can be ignored. The plot part seems promising, with Port Mafia, the bounty on Atsushi's head, and the reveal of Dazai's past.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 20, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:
Well, uhh, that escalated quickly.

smh at the sister character. Shout-outs to this season's Flying Witch for having a normal sibling relationship.

Hmm I must get used to comedy in this series
Apr 20, 2016 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Tevens said:

btw, i just realize something after watching this episode.
Naomi = S
Junichirou = M
"Incest" What a combination.

This. Incest ftw.
Apr 21, 2016 12:08 AM

Jan 2012
As they were being seriously injured I was like, "They can do that? I thought this anime was light-hearted!"

Cool episode.
Apr 21, 2016 12:10 AM
Apr 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. It finally showed its dark side which makes the series more interesting. I'm excited to watch the next episode.
Apr 21, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2016
Really exciting episode! So Dazai was a bad guy before. He always seems so innocent but I think he can be really dangerous. And I wonder about those "siblings". There must be some secret.

Well I'm pretty sure I'll watch this anime until it ends.
Apr 21, 2016 12:45 AM

Mar 2016
Wow shit just got serious..
That incest siblings, I hope they don't die. It's too early y'know.
Apr 21, 2016 1:02 AM

Mar 2016
every piece of dialogue that came out of the blond chick's mouth in the second half of the ep made me want to cringe...
Apr 21, 2016 1:10 AM

Apr 2015
So apparently Atsushi has some kind of regeneration abillty as well, seeing that his leg came back. And bullets didn't work on him..
Apr 21, 2016 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
Ooooh, pretty good. The soundtrack was pretty good this time around. ACTUALLY no wonder it sounded so familiar - the one behind the soundtrack is Taku Iwasaki (who did the same for TTGL *__*)

Didn't really expect the villains to come up so fast - now this is interesting.
Apr 21, 2016 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
The first half of the show had me ready to drop the show because I could not stand the abundance and extremity of the brother-sister craziness, but then that all changed when they killed her off (in a heroic way), meaning I'm reinvested in the series and looking forward to the next episode...

...unless they somehow save her in episode 4, which will lead to an immediate drop.
Apr 21, 2016 1:57 AM

Sep 2013
Well, if those two REALLY died we could say the anime got Samurai Flamenco'd lol.

But it really seems they are going to live (at least the boy) by what Dazai said and how he acted.

Anyway, showing a bloody aspect of the anime still is a little bit of Samurai Flamenco'd.

@PXSausage you have Usagi Drop and NGNL on your favorites kek lel xD
WintoviskyApr 21, 2016 2:01 AM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2016

244 by gladiusm »»
May 13, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2016

204 by moraxiom »»
May 10, 1:41 PM

» Writing is more miss than hit; will it get better?

BiobulletM - May 3

30 by BiobulletM »»
May 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.