Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2007 6:09 PM

Apr 2007
The series just got a lot more interesting. Now that the kids know exactly what happens after they pilot the mech I wonder how they will react.

In the spirit of some more in-depth discussion I have a few speculative thoughts on the show so far. I'll put spoiler tags for those that may not want to read it.

I could possibly be completely wrong on the events so far but it's very interesting to think about and I'd like to hear what others thought.
tainteddonutMay 12, 2007 8:16 AM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 12, 2007 1:43 AM

Apr 2007
This means Waku died in between his fall from Zearth,losing his life force,so maybe he could have survived the fall.Yeah,i'm suspecting those piloting the other robot because they tried not to step on the houses or buildings.Maybe their bunch of kids too...
May 12, 2007 2:49 AM

Aug 2006
Yeah, this show got very interesting now that they've all found out what happens when you pilot the mech. It all makes sense now since the coroner said that Waku died before he entered in the water. And how the second robot was trying to avoid damaging the city was interesting indeed. I'm curious as to seeing how the rest of the show develops.
May 12, 2007 5:57 AM

Oct 2006
Yep thinks got a way more interesting in this episode.You said some pretty interesting things cangeman. The enemy mecha trying not to damage the city also made very curious.
I have a feeling that the game's creator is one if not the main villain, and that there is indeed a more of a deep purpose in this "game". (what is it I still have no clue).
I wondering if there is any way for them to avoid dying after a battle. 'Coz if there isn't then it means only the small girl will be left in the end.
More developments on the next ep. I hope.
May 12, 2007 7:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Psycho episode. Lots of interesting stuff. In case some other 'enemies' appear who are not that careful with the things they might destroy, I'm sure there will be one or two (or even more) who will sacrifice their lives for the city. But then again, why was this one being so careful? Lookin forward to the next ep.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 20, 2008 4:25 PM
Oct 2007
Gotten a lot more interesting, would definitely see this through the end..
Sep 2, 2008 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
I'm kind of slating towards the kids actually doing more harm than good. It's going to be interesting now to see the reactions of the chosen pilots now that they know that it's a death sentence.

#NBHNC
Dec 28, 2008 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
What I'm really suprised about is that all of the people in this anime are staying so cool under it !! There's a huge robot in town killing thousands of people and nobody's panicing ? There's not a mass evacuation of the town ?? .... hmmmm....

Oi.... now they know they die indeed after piloting, what's gonna happen next !! D:
Feb 4, 2009 11:07 PM
Jul 2008
Kayrhandros said:
Yep thinks got a way more interesting in this episode.You said some pretty interesting things cangeman. The enemy mecha trying not to damage the city also made very curious.
I wondering if there is any way for them to avoid dying after a battle. 'Coz if there isn't then it means only the small girl will be left in the end.

couldn't they combile their life force to all pilot at once? that way they get as many battles as there are piolets and no-one dies until they go over the limit... then they all die at once bahaha
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
What I'm really suprised about is that all of the people in this anime are staying so cool under it !! There's a huge robot in town killing thousands of people and nobody's panicing ? There's not a mass evacuation of the town ?? .... hmmmm....
D:

dude, the battle happens in real time -.-' like they'd evacuate millions of people in 3 and a half minutes rofl
otoko_tenshiFeb 4, 2009 11:29 PM
Jul 10, 2009 6:41 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode, and just as I've been hoping for, there are consequences to controlling the robot. This just makes it all the more interesting and horrible; your thoughts process when you notice you're next must be sick. Off to continue it.

It's awesome to just imagine who will be the last ones alive, seeing friend after friend die. I knew this kind of anime was somewhere, and I'm glad I gave Bokurano a try. Instantly hooked much?
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jan 27, 2011 1:40 AM

Mar 2009
When they found out that each of them will die after piloting, that part was really good.
Mar 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Aug 2009
I'm so glad the second to pilot the mecha was that conceited bespectacled prick. Now I don't have to watch him anymore and can fully enjoy this anime which is getting more and more interesting by the episode.
I'm really curious to find out more about those 'enemies' the kids have been fighting. The Dung Beetle creep seems like he's hiding a lot.
Mar 20, 2011 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
I don't get why do they even bother fighting? It seems those robots stay still before they decide to move there robot. So just don't do anything.
Personally that's what i would do, especially now that they know they can die by piloting it. If am gonna die anyway i ain't doing shit for the motherfucker responsible for my death. Hell i might as well let the enemy robot win.
Mar 30, 2011 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
I'm...actually glad that he was 2nd, because he was really, really annoying me. xD But damn it, I did feel bad for him in the end.

If I were ever in their situation, I would like to be one of the first to pilot, that way I wouldn't even have a clue that you die in the end, and would go out instantly without suspecting a thing. If I actually knew I would die, I would probably go crazy or something lol.

And everyone finally learns the catch of the whole show...this show can only get better from here, I guess.
Mar 29, 2012 10:35 PM
Mar 2012
Interesting. Better enemy mecha design this time around. Can't say I'm sad to see that sociopathic little creep bite the bullet. And accidentally killing his father seems like a bit of karmic justice, doesn't it? He was certainly going out of his way to kill thousands of innocent people.

What the heck is that dung beetle thing really?

4/5. I like the ending revelation, even if I had it spoiled for me quite a while back.
Jun 19, 2012 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
Bah, there are some characters that I really like. I don't want them to die as well :(
Sep 7, 2012 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
I'm thinking that the other robot had kids in it too since it was trying not to damage the buildings,I could be wrong
Sep 19, 2012 5:46 AM

Apr 2011
It seems that they are actually the bad guys of the show. Perhaps the other robot did indeed have kids in it as well that were trying to avoid crushing others.

I'd had already made the connection a few episodes ago that whoever piloting it would die though.
Apr 28, 2013 1:48 AM

Jan 2013
renders said:
I'm thinking that the other robot had kids in it too since it was trying not to damage the buildings,I could be wrong

Lets hope you're wrong. Really 15 kids times 15 robots. Too many deaths.

So much drama.
Mar 4, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2012
Shit man this is getting really nice with how dramatic this was, just the moment the car appeared with his dad I knew something like that would happen but man they sure did it good! I really wonder who's actually controlling those other robots, also kids/humans? But shit son things sure are getting good and I was right about the pilot dieng as it wasn't obvious already but yea let's see what's next!
May 23, 2014 10:31 PM
Apr 2013
Monad said:
I don't get why do they even bother fighting? It seems those robots stay still before they decide to move there robot. So just don't do anything.
Personally that's what i would do, especially now that they know they can die by piloting it. If am gonna die anyway i ain't doing shit for the motherfucker responsible for my death. Hell i might as well let the enemy robot win.

Heh.
Jun 8, 2014 7:01 PM
Oct 2013
RafaelDeJongh said:
Shit man this is getting really nice with how dramatic this was, just the moment the car appeared with his dad I knew something like that would happen but man they sure did it good! I really wonder who's actually controlling those other robots, also kids/humans? But shit son things sure are getting good and I was right about the pilot dieng as it wasn't obvious already but yea let's see what's next!

Man I knew his dad's car would show up too but it was still a shock to see it actually happen. Wow this show is intense
Aug 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Feb 2013
Aw, that annoying piece of sh** and his father are dead that is so sad. Excuse me while I morn (celebrates with big and loud party noises), they are both a**holes, the father I can understand because there may of been a natural progression to make him like that I honestly doubt we would ever see. The kid on the other hand, he was literary made to be a hated character. Why is he like that, why does wanted to shoot kittens, why the respect for his father? However, am glad I no longer have to care about it, but they never explained it would of been nice. Also I would of loved if someone had said after realizing his dad was dead, "Well, just like those people, it was his destiny to die." I would of instant favorite to that person if they said it right before he died. Dick had it coming.
Jan 22, 2015 8:15 PM
Apr 2013
Well there goes my ''some of them might die, some of them might live'' theory.
Now that they mentioned, I think the other too robots also weren't doing many damages to the city or the people (both fights were in the ocean, but the destruction either ocurred because Zearth took damage or because he defeated the ''enemy''). As for who the ''real enemy'', for the mechas attacking Zearth, they could certainly be the right ones. Two sides for a same story.

Kodoma was blinded by his vision of life. He thought like a General - sacrifice x amount of lives to save y amount of lives - but he wasn't meant to be a chosen one. Not a hero type of chosen one at least, if we think he's father's not what we could call a virtuous person. He worshiped his father like a god, so the shock of killing his own dad made him completely lose his senses and, in a way, show who he really is. "That is not what a hero would do''

I only saw the preview but seriously... Sometime's Kako's cheerful attitudes scare me.
Mar 13, 2015 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
I was hoping his father would die along with him and I'm glad to see they are both gone. The story keeps getting interesting. I'm wondering who or what is behind all this and whether the robots they are fighting are the real enemy.
Apr 10, 2015 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
Seem's like the plot will be interesting but what bothers me is that most people seem to be so emotionally detached in this series.

And i don't just mean the kids.
Jan 10, 2016 8:24 AM

Feb 2014
Only the 4th episode and shit is already getting real. Loving the themes present so far!
The way you see the other robot tip-toeing gently through the city and Zearth destroying it was great.

I can totally see how Madoka Magica could've been influenced by this! Must continue
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not sure if I like this yet or if its just kinda some magically binding contract/deal with the devil show, but not working since I don't really care about the characters yet. I hope everyone gets enough screen time..or they pick a few to go in depth with. I wonder who's next...this would have been fun watching week to week guessing who would die.
May 8, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome episode, I love how this show explores all the different angles
But another best character died. This sucks
Apr 1, 2017 9:13 AM
Jan 2012
The idea that there are other kids piloting the other mechas makes this a lot more interesting, even if it is just a theory.

This was a great episode. That boy accidentally killing his own father was such a fitting end for him. Glad the boy is gone, too, but I am sure I will get sad once my favorite characters start dying. Oh well!

Good stuff.
Apr 1, 2017 9:14 AM
Jan 2012
Legg91 said:
I can totally see how Madoka Magica could've been influenced by this! Must continue
Right? Episode four only and it is pretty clear Madoka Magica took some inspiration from Bokurano.

They say nothing is created, just copied and adapted, after all!
Jul 16, 2017 9:51 AM
May 2017
I always thought there was something sketchy when they said he died before hitting the waves. But it never really came to mind that it was because his life force was taken away from him. After that episode I had researched to see if you can die from a fall that high and google said that you can die mid-fall, but it's gotta be a massive fall - so that's what I thought just happened. Now that I know that their life force is taken away from them, I'm curious to see how the rest will die. By the way, can I say how happy I was that glasses dude and his dad died?

Also, they said the world ends once they stop fighting...so what happened when they're all dead? Do they just get some more kids?

Also also, does anyone have any ideas for why the robot was tiptoeing around the city? Maybe those who died life forces' are taken and brought into the robots?
Apr 30, 2018 9:39 AM

Apr 2014
I'm so glad Masaru and his dad died. What a bunch of pricks.
Sep 28, 2018 12:35 AM

Nov 2013
God, that Kodama kid and his dad were selfish douchebags. Was nice to see that the kid gained an ounce of empathy before dying at least.

Interesting how the enemy mech wasn't doing any harm to the city. Starting to wonder if Zearth really is supposed to be the hero after all.

Now that the kids know their fates, I wonder how this will affect them psychologically.

I think it's safe to say that all the kids are going to die unless they can find their way out of the game.

Solid episode. 7/10

Feb 7, 2019 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
"He is 'chosen' and can do whatever he wants." "I couldn't care less."
You little, psychopathic edgelord, you. I don't even feel sorry for not feeling sorry for him and his dad haha

Ofc they are some part of an evil game, it was so obvious right from the start.
Jun 16, 2020 3:40 PM

Mar 2016
Two more and twelve to go, I wonder why Kana is still carried inside that robot, she didn't gave her name or put her hands in that red thing.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 5, 2021 10:44 PM
Apr 2016
Kodaka showed clear ASPD symptoms from episode 1, it's really no surprise he didn't give a crap about people's lives — he said he did, but it was pretty obvious lip-service in order to uphold social norms.
Feb 26, 2022 11:54 AM
Aug 2020
Good, edgelord is dead.
Apr 28, 2022 4:07 PM

Nov 2016
Being the chosen one and the sight of destruction at his hand, Kodama was enjoying this sensational power trip until he realized that his highly regarded daddy is also nothing more than a mere fragile human. Instead of creating more work for his dad he put him straight past retirement xD I saw him as mentally weak, misguided and he had a limited perspective for tying self worth entirely to status. It must be partly a result of him growing up as the child of the ruthless elite that he had so little regard for the average life + his father was too occupied with work that he healfheartedly approved the violent/sociopathic tendencies of his son(ok, he wasn't really better himself; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) Kodama also misinterpreted his brother. Accepting the status quo is less of a sign of strength than challenging it in this case. To me Kodama was the loser and it's hard to feel bad for someone like him. Also wtf was wrong with the father. When he was sitting in his car, he almost seemed like he couldn't care less that there's a big fight in the city. Well, he won't benefit from it anymore xD

As for new info.

We learned that you can enter Zearth from your chair at home just by thought.

Politicians were having a discussion concerning the current events. The question is where do these robots/monsters come from? America? Space? Are the gods bored and want to enjoy a show? They have to take action and thanks to Komoda(Komo) it's only a matter of time till they visit the children.

"All of you will die. Ups, did I forget to tell you the most important part?" Koyemshi is such a troll. So indeed confirmation that all of them will die. Damn, that's a tough pill to swallow. I guess you could consider Waku fortunate since he didn't really suffer, he actually died feeling good about himself.

And looks like we're up against other participants. There are most likely humans sitting on some chairs inside of that ball. Or in other words, everyone is sitting inside a ball as well. This would raise a few more questions.

P.S. Opening is unskippable. Now it's too late to uninstall the game.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2023 3:13 PM

Dec 2022
There goes him.

So it's powered by lifeforce then. I wonder how that will affect the mentality of the kids going forward. Will they be able to pilot the mech at all, now that they know it's a death sentence? Only a single line referenced it, but it's interesting that the enemy mech tried to avoid trampling over the buildings, ironically making it less destructive than the glasses kid who saw himself as the "chosen one". Perhaps these enemy robots aren't the real enemy after all.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 16 Discussion

tainteddonut - Sep 9, 2007

33 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

121 by Db_kamal »»
Oct 3, 2023 9:51 AM

» Bokurano Director Dislikes The Manga

tainteddonut - Jun 14, 2007

10 by trampler8324 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 23 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

33 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

28 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.