Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
Aug 14, 2018 5:31 AM

Nov 2013
That fight scene was awesome and Elsa was sexy as always. I'm glad she survived; would've been a captivating villain gone too soon.

Reinhard was badass. That sword technique he did using the mana was sick.

Makes me wonder what caused Reinhard to decide to take Felt away. I'm interested to see what happens next.

Best episode so far; had me on the edge of my seat. 5/5

Sep 13, 2018 11:20 AM
Dec 2014
The action was pretty good. I am guessing that with this, Subaru reached the first save point. Still, though he lacks any high level combat ability, his ability is pretty hack, and if there is no limit to how many times he can restart a scenario, there is not too much tension when he is in mortal danger, especially given that it doesn't take too much to change "fate" in this universe.

Well, just for the action, I will consider this the best episode so far.
Sep 14, 2018 12:27 AM

Jul 2014
AxBattler said:
The action was pretty good. I am guessing that with this, Subaru reached the first save point. Still, though he lacks any high level combat ability, his ability is pretty hack, and if there is no limit to how many times he can restart a scenario, there is not too much tension when he is in mortal danger, especially given that it doesn't take too much to change "fate" in this universe.

Well, just for the action, I will consider this the best episode so far.
Well, he is not in mortal danger, but what if the save-point moves to new location and later he learns that in the meantime something bad happened to someone else? He won't be able to change that.
Sep 14, 2018 2:11 AM
Dec 2014
mozgow said:
Well, he is not in mortal danger, but what if the save-point moves to new location and later he learns that in the meantime something bad happened to someone else? He won't be able to change that.

However, anyone without that ability would also face the same issue. Seldom is someone so gifted that they can save everyone (you would need time travel in conjunction with other superhuman abilities). His ability, if without unrestricted, does allows him to take greater risk when protecting someone (much like what happened in this episodes) which is also quite handy.

Now to be fair, at this point neither Subaru nor I know if he has unlimited lives / restores so he might think twice before use himself as a shield each time. But as long as it works, not facing a permanent game over is a very big deal.

So far we know that his memory / knowledge remains pretty unaffected by the reload, which is also a pretty big deal, though I wonder if he retains his "XP" (ability gained).
Sep 14, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
AxBattler said:
However, anyone without that ability would also face the same issue. Seldom is someone so gifted that they can save everyone (you would need time travel in conjunction with other superhuman abilities). His ability, if without unrestricted, does allows him to take greater risk when protecting someone (much like what happened in this episodes) which is also quite handy.
Yes, anyone would also face the same issue, but he has an ability that, in theory, could fix that problem/situation.
He might take greater risk but why would he when a) being killed is painful and b) he might lose some favorable outcome (as he did lose his first meeting with Emilia)?

AxBattler said:
Now to be fair, at this point neither Subaru nor I know if he has unlimited lives / restores so he might think twice before use himself as a shield each time. But as long as it works, not facing a permanent game over is a very big deal.

So far we know that his memory / knowledge remains pretty unaffected by the reload, which is also a pretty big deal, though I wonder if he retains his "XP" (ability gained).
You should see the answers to these questions in later episodes.
Apr 19, 2019 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
i wonder if/when he dies in the future he'll restart back to the old man with the apple or he'll get a new checkpoint?
Apr 30, 2019 9:22 PM

Apr 2014
-Subaru has found a purpose in his new life :D He even protected a smile.

-That fight was pretty cool.

-Stomach bursts open after a very long delay. Mmk I guess.

-I'm still curious as to the relation between Reinhardt and Emilia. If he was directly subservient to her then he would have been much closer to her akin to a bodyguard, but he also just happened to be in the area, which was too convenient unless he had intended to be within reach. I had thought that perhaps he had informed Emilia and that was what enabled her to arrive earlier than the other times, but maybe that wasn't the case. Maybe he was just after Elsa?

-Felt became a suspect just by holding that insignia, and Reinhardt questioned her regarding her family name. Can it only be possessed by those with a particular bloodline perhaps? Although we do see Reinhardt hold it briefly as well so he either saw something in the manner that she held it or it did something while she did so... The screen zooms up close to the insignia as he gazes at it.

If that's a slight glow and not just its regular state, then it appears that in a very particular regard she may be in line to become a rightful champion of the people, or perhaps inherit something else that is equivalently grand or substantial.
ZeroDragonApr 30, 2019 9:28 PM
Jun 7, 2019 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
Subaru, the type of ni🅱🅱a who makes dramatic, self-indulgent speeches, and probably runs like Naruto in public.
D-ohnutsJun 7, 2019 8:47 AM
Aug 9, 2019 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
For a moment there I thought he had to start over again, glad Emilia could heal him. A lot of mysteries appearing in this show though. Why did Subaru respawn and why is Reinhard in panic mode now?
Sep 16, 2019 7:15 AM
Dec 2017
Re:zero Funny as fuck
Sep 21, 2019 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
The battle was way better than I expected. Subarus thinking the moment Elsa attacked Emilia was insane. Pack is really strong, even if it was unfortunate that he had to go because it was so late. I can't believe Elsa dodged Packs attack. There were so many moments I thought someone died.

Subara you have my respect. Even after all what happened before and the fact he died because of Elsa he was so brave and man up. When Emilia and Subaru were fighting Elsa I had such a bad feeling. To be honest I never expected to see Reinhard helping them. Good job Felt.

He overwhelmed Elsa without even using his own sword. How strong is this guy? I'm glad Emilia was able to heal Rom. I also thought Subaru was okay when he parried Elsas attack. When he began to bleed my first thought: "Here we go again".

Reinhards reaction was a little bit weird to me. At first he wanted to let Felt go and now he takes her with him. I don't really understand it but at least for now everyone is save.

Nov 17, 2019 8:49 AM

Aug 2018
The fight scene was good and I kinda like the magic system in this anime, and oh boy that bitch is on fire in every episode And Mc is dumb and stupid overall good episode
Mar 13, 2020 8:31 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
Elsa can you just let it go
Apr 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
This is my first time watching this, after so long and I'm four episodes in but I had to leave a comment saying Jesus Christ, Reinhard is a fucking badass!

Also, Elsa was fucking terrifying. She didn't give up even till the end.
臭い-
May 30, 2020 9:56 PM

Apr 2020
I didn't like the first episode, but I gave it three episodes to see if it got better and now I think I'll stay for the whole thing. I'm quite intrigued about what will happen next and how the time loop will function into things.
Jun 15, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
Reinhard is really so strong, and he wasn't even using his sword.

For a moment I thought Subaru would ask something lewd, at least as a joke, but it's nice that he only wanted her name.

How did Subaru start bleeding so late? That doesn't look like a superficial wound at all.

Is Felt part of a prophecy? That sudden change of attitude of Reinhard after seeing that she only stole the insignia makes me very curious. Or maybe is more like Elsa collecting the insignias for someone dangerous.
Jun 15, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
Kareit said:
Reinhard is really so strong, and he wasn't even using his sword.
Anime-only watchers will not know how strong he really is until season 3 :)

Kareit said:
Is Felt part of a prophecy? That sudden change of attitude of Reinhard after seeing that she only stole the insignia makes me very curious. Or maybe is more like Elsa collecting the insignias for someone dangerous.
It will be explained in the second half of this season, but you can figure it out if you pay attention to what Emilia says in the next episode :)
Jul 8, 2020 2:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. Pack and Satella had a great reflect. Unfortunately Elsa too strong for them after Pack got back to its soul form. They might be died, and Subaru might came back to check point again. However, nope. The whole time got confused already, so the world just changed too followed the different path Subaru led. Its Reinhard whom saved them in the last minutes. Thanks him, its took a while until Elsa surrender and run away. Subaru, once again, almost died in the fourth attempt. Lucky, it just a single scratch from Lisa that blew his stomach. Only to received some more shocked moment by Reinhard, the whole storyline got pretty thickening. What was that happening with that girl? Fortunately his goal was completed. To brought back that nadge and knowing Satella named. Okay. To hell with the cut. I just continue watching via my BD resources here. So, yeah, lets next again.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 22, 2020 7:29 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I love it when an anime is good from the very start!! Subaru vs. Elsa was pretty epic.

Also, you cannot convince me that Elsa is not female Hisoka.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2020 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Rewatching this episode, I can't believe how...boring it is. For 10 minutes, the characters are just talking and fighting Elsa. And the fighting was boring; just characters jumping around, and talking. Then Reinhardt appears, and the next 10 minutes are just fighting. Yes, something about Felt is foreshadowed at, but that's it. This "arc" didn't need to be 3 goddamn episodes. I'll go into more detail in my critique of it in my blog post.
Sep 7, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
AbsurdTurk said:
Rewatching this episode, I can't believe how...boring it is. For 10 minutes, the characters are just talking and fighting Elsa. And the fighting was boring; just characters jumping around, and talking. Then Reinhardt appears, and the next 10 minutes are just fighting. Yes, something about Felt is foreshadowed at, but that's it. This "arc" didn't need to be 3 goddamn episodes. I'll go into more detail in my critique of it in my blog post.

Yeah, the setup for Re:Zero is quite weak in comparison to what comes next but it's a solid foundation building characterization and hints of a greater narrative coming to play in the future.
Sep 7, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
butterbucket said:
AbsurdTurk said:

Yeah, the setup for Re:Zero is quite weak in comparison to what comes next but it's a solid foundation building characterization and hints of a greater narrative coming to play in the future.

But...season 1 has next to no characterization: the only characters in season 1, which is 25 eps if I'm not mistaken, who actually had any decent focus were:

Subaru
Rem
Ram (kinda)
Wilhelm

And...I think that's it? This anime is just set up after set up, with little pay off in between. It demands you to be patient, and not in a good way; kinda like a lazy high school rapper who keeps making excuses to not put out any songs, until much, MUCH later; the high school rapper keeps saying things like, "I'm going to put out high quality songs, so just be patient," yet spends 75% of his time screwing around the internet, than actually trying to improve as a rapper. But I digress.
Anime like Vinland Saga handle the problem of overabundance of characters, by having just a few key characters.
I mean...what does season 1 actually set up? I can't help but feel there are longer anime out there that managed to set up more in half the season of this season 1.
I think the problem, is that Re: Zero is more obsessed with throwing the characters into conflict and pointless gore, than actually going into world building and character development. Diginee said it best on their discussion of Re: Zero with BestGuyEver eps 9-12. Digineed basically said: "All the interesting things are in the background." Yes, I get it, season 1 is supposed to be a dragged out "prologue," that, "sets up the foundation," but it sets up so little that it's insane.
Sep 7, 2020 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
AbsurdTurk said:
butterbucket said:

But...season 1 has next to no characterization: the only characters in season 1, which is 25 eps if I'm not mistaken, who actually had any decent focus were:

Subaru
Rem
Ram (kinda)
Wilhelm

And...I think that's it? This anime is just set up after set up, with little pay off in between. It demands you to be patient, and not in a good way; kinda like a lazy high school rapper who keeps making excuses to not put out any songs, until much, MUCH later; the high school rapper keeps saying things like, "I'm going to put out high quality songs, so just be patient," yet spends 75% of his time screwing around the internet, than actually trying to improve as a rapper. But I digress.
Anime like Vinland Saga handle the problem of overabundance of characters, by having just a few key characters.
I mean...what does season 1 actually set up? I can't help but feel there are longer anime out there that managed to set up more in half the season of this season 1.
I think the problem, is that Re: Zero is more obsessed with throwing the characters into conflict and pointless gore, than actually going into world building and character development. Diginee said it best on their discussion of Re: Zero with BestGuyEver eps 9-12. Digineed basically said: "All the interesting things are in the background." Yes, I get it, season 1 is supposed to be a dragged out "prologue," that, "sets up the foundation," but it sets up so little that it's insane.

You have said Vinland Saga (forgive me if I am mistaken since I haven't watched it yet) handles its characters by focusing on a few key ones, is that right? Doesn't Re:Zero do exactly that? It focuses on the development of Subaru, Rem, and Emilia. And I believe they did a wonderful job especially with Subaru and his character's inner-conflict and how both Rem and Emilia compliment it bringing the story and themes to life.
You say it's mindless gore but in my eyes, it explores the multiple facets of the cast as they go through the loops. The world is hidden between the lines of dialogue that only if you look at it with a sharper look, you'll find it. It's barely edgy since it never fully embraces gore and shock but instead utilizes it bring out its characters.
And you say it sets up little is silly. It sets up the main cast of characters sprinkling in a bit of their character's history and what they've been through, the royal selection and its ties with the grander scheme of things, and it's the foundation of bonds between characters.
I know what you are thinking right now "What is this guy even saying?" In truth, the only way you'll truly understand is if you watch season 2 OR read the novels (check out my profile for a guide on that).
Sep 7, 2020 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
butterbucket said:

You have said Vinland Saga (forgive me if I am mistaken since I haven't watched it yet) handles its characters by focusing on a few key ones, is that right? Doesn't Re:Zero do exactly that? It focuses on the development of Subaru, Rem, and Emilia. And I believe they did a wonderful job especially with Subaru and his character's inner-conflict and how both Rem and Emilia compliment it bringing the story and themes to life.

Vinland Saga, I meant, only has a few characters in its overall cast: it doesn't constantly introduce a new character in its prologue, then ignore that character.
Emilia has 0 development or proper focus in season 1: which is alarming, given that she's the heroine, the secondary main character. So you'd think the writer would try to get us, the viewers, to care about Emilia ASAP, but he doesn't; he doesn't put any effort into doing so, in season 1.

butterbucket said:
You say it's mindless gore but in my eyes, it explores the multiple facets of the cast as they go through the loops. The world is hidden between the lines of dialogue that only if you look at it with a sharper look, you'll find it. It's barely edgy since it never fully embraces gore and shock but instead utilizes it bring out its characters.

The characters don't really show much different facets of them through the loops. The world building is not hidden: it's explicit, yet few in detail. How does the gore and shock "bring out its characters?" There's little purpose to the gore of this series, because everything resets anyway; so later on in season 1, when shit hits the fan, characters die, Subaru cries and screams, it's like...so?

butterbucket said:
And you say it sets up little is silly. It sets up the main cast of characters sprinkling in a bit of their character's history and what they've been through, the royal selection and its ties with the grander scheme of things, and it's the foundation of bonds between characters.
I know what you are thinking right now "What is this guy even saying?" In truth, the only way you'll truly understand is if you watch season 2 OR read the novels (check out my profile for a guide on that).

I'm watching season 2. Emilia in season 1 has 0 backstory. The royal election is touched upon for 1-2 episodes, then is ignored in favor of conflict and gore. That's Re: Zero in a nutshell: it starts to set up something, then ignores it for multiple episodes, without payoff in the meantime. It's just mystery after mystery stacked together.

Higurashi is similar in that season 1's purpose is to set up the questions, to be answered in season 2. But Higurashi doesn't test my patience as much as Re: Zero, because 1) the pacing is much better, 2) nearly all the main characters' backstories and development is explored in season 1, and 3) it doesn't go all over the damn place like Re: Zero, because 4) Higurashi has a clear plot; Re: Zero season 1 doesn't have a clear plot: it's just arcs of conflict loosely connected. The characters in Higurashi season 1 are introduced as a bunch of immature, kinda quirky, teens who have great chemistry together, by playing games and making fun of each other, making them likeable.

The characters in Re: Zero don't have any clear goals that the show focuses on throughout. Yes, Emilia wants to be Queen or whatever, but 90% of the anime's plot, most of Subaru's actions, don't have anything to do with this. The Royal Election isn't even introduced until halfway in the season! A good story would have introduced the Royal Election in the first 3 episodes, and set it up as the founding conflict, rather than spend 3 episodes of mindless gore and death that doesn't mean anything in the end.

Emilia and Subaru have little chemistry: their interactions consist mainly of Subaru yelling and posing like a severely autistic person throughout most of their interactions. Subaru, Emilia, and Rem, rarely have any proper dialogue that extends outside of the main conflict; they don't talk about their personnel interests, for example. They don't do anything fun together. But then again, most anime dialogue is like that: most viewers are not interested in characters talking about mundane things like common interests, so the dialogue of most anime characters revolves around the big dramatic conflict of the show.
Sep 7, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
AbsurdTurk said:
Vinland Saga, I meant, only has a few characters in its overall cast: it doesn't constantly introduce a new character in its prologue, then ignore that character.
Emilia has 0 development or proper focus in season 1: which is alarming, given that she's the heroine, the secondary main character. So you'd think the writer would try to get us, the viewers, to care about Emilia ASAP, but he doesn't; he doesn't put any effort into doing so, in season 1.

Aren't we supposed to care for the main character first and foremost? They did an excellent job at that. The whole season was on him and about his growth. Emilia is not developed but she has a definite character benevolent of her story (but I'll be the first to admit she is the weakest of the characters in season 1).

AbsurdTurk said:
The characters don't really show much different facets of them through the loops.

It very well opens up these characters through the deaths. I'll list them all for you here:
Rem's disdain towards the cult is seen in episode 7 showing her snap judgment without consultation and over-protectiveness. Continuing episode 7, we see Beatrice forming a contract over a boy she clearly holds distaste too and fulfills all the way (This is supported and made sense by her backstory which we'll see in season 2)
In episode 16, we see Priscillia kick and bloody him across the room over a disagreement in philosophies. In the same episode, Crusch's already established ideologies being brought over again to support her reasoning to not help Subaru with the witch cult attack, letting them all get killed.
Even in Episode 1, Felt refuses to escape (she could easily with her blessing), forfeits her chance of wealth, and instead performs a futile attempt at avenging her father figure. (knowing full well she will die). Deeper into Episode 1, we see Emilia's stoic ability to cut ties (which foreshadows what happens in episode 13) by addressing herself with Satella to drive Subaru off.
Episode 15, we see Puck, a carefree weak-looking unamusing spirit, destroy the world over Emilia's dead body.
I'll list more if you want cause I'm just picking at the surface here.
This is what I mean by exploring the facets of the characters. All of these we would never see if the gore was the only aspect of the story and all of these actions we would never see if we removed the return by death and loops altogether.

AbsurdTurk said:
There's little purpose to the gore of this series, because everything resets anyway so later on in season 1, when shit hits the fan, characters die, Subaru cries and screams, it's like...so?

You are saying there is no meaning to any of the loops but that still doesn't change the fact the threat exists. The threat didn't disappear magically Subaru still has to confront it. We strive for Subaru to overcome his inner turmoil and overcome these challenges. That is definitely the appeal of the show. Not the gore, not the crying, and not the character deaths. There is definite meaning to these loops to setting up mysteries then finally answering them satisfactorily on the final run while leaving certain scenes ambiguous to feed and encourage rewatching. (I know you hate the phrase setting up I'm sorry but it's the truth)

AbsurdTurk said:
Subaru, Emilia, and Rem, rarely have any proper dialogue that extends outside of the main conflict; they don't talk about their personnel interests, for example. They don't do anything fun together. But then again, most anime dialogue is like that: most viewers are not interested in characters talking about mundane things like common interests, so the dialogue of most anime characters revolves around the big dramatic conflict of the show.

Characters not talking about personal interest? Episode 18 was a full-blown dialogue about that focusing on Rem's love and Subaru's resolve. Not once did it mention anything related to the story's plot, only an interaction of personal emotions. How they felt about each other and how they felt about themselves.

AbsurdTurk said:
Higurashi is similar in that season 1's purpose is to set up the questions, to be answered in season 2. But Higurashi doesn't test my patience as much as Re: Zero, because 1) the pacing is much better, 2) nearly all the main characters' backstories and development is explored in season 1, and 3) it doesn't go all over the damn place like Re: Zero, because 4) Higurashi has a clear plot; Re: Zero season 1 doesn't have a clear plot: it's just arcs of conflict loosely connected... The characters in Re: Zero don't have any clear goals that the show focuses on throughout. Yes, Emilia wants to be Queen or whatever, but 90% of the anime's plot, most of Subaru's actions, don't have anything to do with this. The Royal Election isn't even introduced until halfway in the season! A good story would have introduced the Royal Election in the first 3 episodes, and set it up as the founding conflict, rather than spend 3 episodes of mindless gore and death that doesn't mean anything in the end.

I want to foremost say that this story is very VERY long. It's shaping up to be around 50-60 volumes in length. It's impossible to compare it to Higurashi where season 1 and 2 form a 100% while season 1 of Re:Zero adapts 15% of the source material! That means 6% into the story, we were introduced to the Royal selection, very early on. The royal selection is definitely a main goal in the story right now too. Isn't Emilia trying to free the sanctuary to gain supporters?

AbsurdTurk said:
Emilia and Subaru have little chemistry: their interactions consist mainly of Subaru yelling and posing like a severely autistic person throughout most of their interactions. Subaru, Emilia, and Rem, rarely have any proper dialogue that extends outside of the main conflict; they don't talk about their personnel interests, for example. They don't do anything fun together.

I cannot refute your argument about the chemistry between Subaru and Emilia since they gutted it all out in the anime. You win on that front.

As I said again, Season 2 touches upon all your concerns make sure to watch it through cause it is a long story. Season 2 will develop the cast from one-note characters to real ALIVE human beings. The story demands your patience to unfold itself onto you. If you still do not like the series after season 2, you can tell me to eat shit I promise you that. Patience man, I promise you won't regret it :)
removed-userSep 7, 2020 2:28 PM
Sep 7, 2020 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
butterbucket said:

Aren't we supposed to care for the main character first and foremost? They did an excellent job at that. The whole season was on him and about his growth. Emilia is not developed but she has a definite character benevolent of her story (but I'll be the first to admit she is the weakest of the characters in season 1).

Plenty of anime seasons develop more than just the protagonist in 25 episodes, ala Fate/Zero.

butterbucket said:

It very well opens up these characters through the deaths. I'll list them all for you here:
Rem's disdain towards the cult is seen in episode 7 showing her snap judgment without consultation and over-protectiveness. Continuing episode 7, we see Beatrice forming a contract over a boy she clearly holds distaste too and fulfills all the way (This is supported and made sense by her backstory which we'll see in season 2)
In episode 16, we see Priscillia kick and bloody him across the room over a disagreement in philosophies. In the same episode, Crusch's already established ideologies being brought over again to support her reasoning to not help Subaru with the witch cult attack, letting them all get killed.
Even in Episode 1, Felt refuses to escape (she could easily with her blessing), forfeits her chance of wealth, and instead performs a futile attempt at avenging her father figure. (knowing full well she will die). Deeper into Episode 1, we see Emilia's stoic ability to cut ties (which foreshadows what happens in episode 13) by addressing herself with Satella to drive Subaru off.
Episode 15, we see Puck, a carefree weak-looking unamusing spirit, destroy the world over Emilia's dead body.
I'll list more if you want cause I'm just picking at the surface here.
This is what I mean by exploring the facets of the characters. All of these we would never see if the gore was the only aspect of the story and all of these actions we would never see if we removed the return by death and loops altogether.

Alright, but gore is not necessary to develop characters.

butterbucket said:

You are saying there is no meaning to any of the loops but that still doesn't change the fact the threat exists. The threat didn't disappear magically Subaru still has to confront it.

I meant that there's no justification for how gory this show is; because ultimately, none of the gore itself has a long term consequence; no one permanently dies. So when Subaru screams and cries upon seeing dead bodies in episodes like 15, my reaction is, "Okay, why should I care? These characters will come back to life later." Yes, the threat exists, I didn't deny that. If Re: Zero emphasized any permanent psychological damage Subaru suffers from seeing the gore and death, then I'd probably say it's not edgy. But the fact of the matter is, by the end of season 1, Subaru is perfectly mentally stable; whenever in the show, he appears mentally unstable (ala nightmares) he's mentally cured by the next episode. Re: Zero is supposedly not supposed to be a "power fantasy" yet Subaru's mental strength is precisely on the level of a power fantasy character.

butterbucket said:
We strive for Subaru to overcome his inner turmoil and overcome these challenges. That is definitely the appeal of the show.

It's hard to root for a character when that character is so obnoxious. I'm not the only who found season 1 Subaru annoying as hell.

butterbucket said:
Not the gore, not the crying, and not the character deaths.

You're generalizing other viewers. If the gore and crying wasn't the appeal of this series, why did people start watching it to begin with? Who read the plot synopsis and thought, "This show is going to be about character development?" Why is it that every episode, like episode 15, with big dramatic moments and gore, gets called, an amazing episode?

butterbucket said:
There is definite meaning to these loops to setting up mysteries then finally answering them satisfactorily on the final run while leaving certain scenes ambiguous to feed and encourage rewatching.

How is the gore necessary to set up the mysteries? The first 3 eps of Re: Zero could've been one episode, if you cut out some of the gore, in favor of world building. If this series is so adament on its world building, why is that we're in season 2, yet still barely know anything about the magic system? Why is it the royal election is barely explored?
When will this show start answering the major questions? It's been more than 30 episodes if you count season 2. Naruto is a long running series that has a lot more going on in its first 30 episodes, than Re: Zero. Diginee was right: all the interesting stuff, like the election, are in the background, saved for probably 50 episodes later. In the meantime, the series is just padding itself.

butterbucket said:
(I know you hate the phrase setting up I'm sorry but it's the truth)

I have no problem with setting up; the problem occurs, when it's just set up after set up, with little meat in between. Season 1 is 25 episodes, but it could've been half as long, because of all the padding, like in this episode. 25 episodes, I know very little about the world and characters. Vinland Saga is also a long running series, but the prologue (season 1) had so much more substance to it, and felt infinitely more satisfying to me.

butterbucket said:

Characters not talking about personal interest? Episode 18 was a full-blown dialogue about that focusing on Rem's love and Subaru's resolve. Not once did it mention anything related to the story's plot, only an interaction of personal emotions. How they felt about each other and how they felt about themselves.

And that ep was awful. It was an entire episode of a cute girl telling a shitty shut-in NEET how he's not garbage; allowing other socially otaku to self-insert themselves into Subaru in that scene, and feel good about themselves. I know because I talked to someone under a Youtube comments section who said precisely that: he said he considered suicide until he watched ep 18, then felt good about himself. Well, whatever prevents suicide.
But despite all the crap Subaru went through up to that point...he recovered just like that!

butterbucket said:

I want to foremost say that this story is very VERY long. It's shaping up to be around 50-60 volumes in length. It's impossible to compare it to Higurashi where season 1 and 2 form a 100% while season 1 of Re:Zero adapts 15% of the source material! That means 6% into the story, we were introduced to the Royal selection, very early on. The royal selection is definitely a main goal in the story right now too. Isn't Emilia trying to free the sanctuary to gain supporters?

Length doesn't justify padding. Why did Re: Zero have to introduce the Royal Election, which is supposedly a very important plot point, halfway into season 1, then almost forget about it for the rest of the season? Why does this show constantly jump between plot points, rather than focus on a few interesting plot points at a time?
Naruto in 30 episodes was much more concise and interesting, and that series is extremely long. Long running anime like One Piece are critically acclaimed because, yes, they do set up, but they also have a lot of pay off; ie stuff happen. So for example, the Straw Hats go to an island, and a lot of cool detail is shown about that island in a few episodes, WHILE some small set up happens.

butterbucket said:
As I said again, Season 2 touches upon all your concerns make sure to watch it through cause it is a long story. Season 2 will develop the cast from one-note characters to real ALIVE human beings. The story demands your patience to unfold itself onto you. If you still do not like the series after season 2, you can tell me to eat shit I promise you that. Patience man, I promise you won't regret it :)

I'm trying to explain why I think season 1 is bad. Season 1 is supposed to be set up, yet there's so little set up, with no meat, and moves like a snail at times, like this episode. I care very little about season 1: because anything cool season 1 introduces, like the magic system, gets sidelined for the next plot point. Then that next plot point gets sidelined, for another plotpoint, which also gets sidelined, etc. Season 1 could've probably been 12 episodes. Episodes 1-3 could've been one episode. The mansion arc was a slog. Episodes 15-17 were pure edge, and could've been 1 ep.
Sep 8, 2020 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
AbsurdTurk said:
Plenty of anime seasons develop more than just the protagonist in 25 episodes, ala Fate/Zero.

So? The first 3 episodes are notorious for it's huge exposition dumps about the characters and ironically none of them even stuck with me I could barely remember anyone cause they're all so bland. Even my friends say the same. Re:Zero suffers this as well but succeeds by only making 1-2 characters being truly staying in its setup. If a show doesn't focus on a few key characters and tries to give screen time equally to an overabundance of characters in such a short time, it just gets muddled. Fate/Zero also acts as a set up (it's a prequel I know) for newcomers to get into the series. Same way Re:Zero handles its a long story by using season 1 as a setup. Except (in my eyes) Re:Zero sets up its long series better by making the protagonist an amazing character and someone you want to follow along with (though I don't think you'll meet to eye on eye this I'll talk about that later) while in Fate/Zero, they introduce it's cast for you to get a general grasp before you head toward the next entry. In the future of Re:Zero's season 2, they will develop 6 characters all woven brilliantly through the genius narrative that is arc 4 similar to Fate's latter half.

AbsurdTurk said:
Alright, but gore is not necessary to develop characters.

You are too fixated on the gore! Half of what I listed didn't even include a drop of blood.

AbsurdTurk said:
I didn't deny that. If Re: Zero emphasized any permanent psychological damage Subaru suffers from seeing the gore and death, then I'd probably say it's not edgy...But despite all the crap Subaru went through up to that point...he recovered just like that!

To understand Subaru's ability to "recover" (which he doesn't it's more like him putting a bandage than anything) his mental damage, we'll need to look back at episode 7 where he gave the speech on the cliff.

"What's wrong with taking the easiest path to live longer? I'll decide how I use my life!"

This explains how Subaru was able to look past the mental trauma. He used all his mental strength to reject the notion of distrust held in the sisters eyes and latched onto the lowest hanging fruit (the sisters holding his hands) and used that as a way to justify himself for moving forward. Ultimately, this backfires onto himself where he broke down only 2 days in but was able to somewhat rejuvenate by being comforted by Emilia. Same thing in episode 18 where he wants to run away but still holds on by gripping onto the love and support by Rem. Again, this backfires constantly throughout Episode 19-25 he is reminded of his fragileness and was ready to give up all the time. During the whale fight, he almost gave in and sacrificed everyone to the White Whale but Crusch was there to give him the courage to formulate a plan. When Subaru saw the iron fang members get killed in episode 22 he was doubting himself. His internal monologue was cut but you can still see the guilt and despair in his trembling but Willhelm was there to give strength to Subaru with his speech. Multiple times throughout the story he was ready to give in and surrender to fate, wanting to run away from everything. I think every human alive can relate to that and the story sends a clear message through these mental episodes. Of course, several psychological droughts, where he deals with them himself, is cut from the anime in favor of pacing but you would see them if you read the light novels. Subaru's mental philosophy is only a facade, a bandage on the problem as he resorts to self-harm to ease the mental pain.

Subaru's character is indeed a layered one and developed with increasing complexity throughout its 25 episode run. You'll understand everything once you peel back all the layers of his character.

AbsurdTurk said:
"This show is going to be about character development?" Why is it that every episode, like episode 15, with big dramatic moments and gore, gets called, an amazing episode?... I meant that there's no justification for how gory this show is; because ultimately, none of the gore itself has a long term consequence; no one permanently dies. So when Subaru screams and cries upon seeing dead bodies in episodes like 15, my reaction is, "Okay, why should I care? These characters will come back to life later."

I will direct you to this video here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtv2zMroBR0
It literally caught the words out of my mouth and is exactly what I think of the episode. If you have the time, please watch it. It's an amazing analysis
And did you miss the whole paragraph of how the character shows different sides to them in the loops? I certainly do not care as well for character deaths I'm mostly caring about WHY and HOW they died. Setting up mysteries and showing characters like that is certainly great and the gore is there not for you to indulge in but to be revolted by. You say gore does not need to develop characters and yes this is correct but Re:Zero does it anyways and it does masterfully. It doesn't matter HOW you develop characters to me all that matters is that you did it interestingly. And Re:Zero definitely delivered on that front.

AbsurdTurk said:
You're generalizing other viewers. If the gore and crying wasn't the appeal of this series, why did people start watching it to begin with? Who read the plot synopsis and thought,

Who read the synopsis thinking "Damn this'll have tons of gore and crying!" I certainly didn't. I went expecting a good show and I got just that.

Also, it was indeed wrong of me to project the views of myself onto the fanbase, but that is how I view the anime.

AbsurdTurk said:
How is the gore necessary to set up the mysteries? The first 3 eps of Re: Zero could've been one episode, if you cut out some of the gore, in favor of world-building. If this series is so adamant on its world building, why is that we're in season 2, yet still barely know anything about the magic system? Why is it the royal election is barely explored?
When will this show start answering the major questions? It's been more than 30 episodes if you count season 2. Naruto is a long-running series that has a lot more going on in its first 30 episodes, than Re: Zero.

If every major question was answered in the beginning of the story, then what's the point of the rest? Why would I keep watching if everything is handed to me on an exposition dump with no effort at all? Re:Zero's magic system is handled quite well with short and entertaining exposition and audio clues such as the incantations (El, Ul, Al) that even my friend who watched the series casually was able to spot. Again, why would you want all questions answered to you on a silver platter only 15% into the story? Quite impatient if you ask me. Isn't the anime a mystery/thriller? You're supposed to be left in the dark about many certain things. Truly I understand your concerns for the royal selection, they removed almost 75% of it. I can lead you to a manga page screenshot where they actually handled it better than the anime by going in-depth with debate and consultation. Or you could go onto my profile in the bottom it shows all the policies of the candidates. The anime really dropped the ball and I cannot refute your statement other than saying "read the source material" like a jackass but it is true. There is a plethora of hidden world-building in the painted backgrounds and clever character lines in the anime though. That is why I give Re:Zero's anime a 9 instead of a full-blown 10.

And about the comparison with Naruto, I will also use your logic. Why does naruto jump key point to key point without exploring the clans and chakra? Why do they get sidelined by random ninjas and only glance at the world, power system, and ninja school? If I were to cut off everything after the 40 episode setup, I would be left thinking like that.

AbsurdTurk said:
Diginee was right: all the interesting stuff, like the election, are in the background, saved for probably 50 episodes later. In the meantime, the series is just padding itself.

I just want to say right now, I personally have a bias against Digi for reasons stated in his encyclopedia dramatica article. His opinions are clouded and incoherent, resulting in the ranking of shows heavily relying on subjectivity. I guess that is a charm of hers and that's why I still watch her videos.

Isn't the world supposed to be in the background? Any person can tell this is a heavy character-driven show. We will definitely see more of the world in season 2 but for now, we must understand the main character's mind to be able to fully enjoy the ride and world that is Re:Zero. We must break him down to see his view on this new world. (No disrespect honestly but again I doubt you will understand Subaru for reasons stated later I swear no disrespect to you)

AbsurdTurk said:
I have no problem with setting up; the problem occurs, when it's just set up after set up, with little meat in between. Season 1 is 25 episodes, but it could've been half as long, because of all the padding, like in this episode. 25 episodes, I know very little about the world and characters. Vinland Saga is also a long running series, but the prologue (season 1) had so much more substance to it, and felt infinitely more satisfying to me.

Again, you are comparing a series that is not even half of the length of Re:Zero. There is no padding in Re:Zero but you are calling it that because you disliked those uncomfortable scenes. Everything has a meaning in this story and I honestly find you calling the breakdown of a character to only to redeem himself "padding" when in reality, it is the main theme. There is no way in hell we would be able to cut down the size of arcs that would only hurt the story and would break the message. If you are so adamant about the cutting of "padding" go ahead and mention the useless scenes. I'm curious to see what you think is padding.

Also, unsatisfactory? Great! That's the point so you can read further ahead into the story. I also felt unsatisfied with the anime so I continued in the web novel. It's supposed to leave unsatisfactory, cause it only scratched the peak of the iceberg. There's a whole world left in the source material almost 4 times larger than season 1.

AbsurdTurk said:
And that ep (18) was awful. It was an entire episode of a cute girl telling a shitty shut-in NEET how he's not garbage; allowing other social otaku to self-insert themselves into Subaru in that scene, and feel good about themselves. I know because I talked to someone under a Youtube comments section who said precisely that: he said he considered suicide until he watched ep 18, then felt good about himself. Well, whatever prevents suicide.

How beautiful... A person was touched by this work. Shouldn't that signify something to you? Not many anime are deep at all and they never touch upon the cerebral cortex. The fact someone was helped out of suicidal thoughts from a single episode is truly amazing. Thank you for sharing that with me honestly.

You are misunderstanding something crucial, being able to empathize/sympathize does NOT mean you are self-inserting and being able to decipher the message the story was blasting you with is NOT self-inserting either. That cute girl wasn't just any moeblob anime girl you would see in shitty harem shows. She had a full arc dedicated to herself exploring her mind and actions. She had a fleshed-out history that ties with the narrative. You are giving TOO MUCH discredit to this character that it feels insulting. If she was just a random cute girl giving a pep-talk, why would that person feel so touched by it? They see that in every other show. But this one did and handled it better than anyone else. I almost know for certain someone wasn't helped out of their suicidal thoughts from 30 episodes of Naruto exposition lol

Also, it wasn't to make themselves feel good. Quite the opposite. It's self-reflection and a painful one at that. Subaru unloads his flaws and Rem is there to prune them out, not encourage it. If Rem was the all-loving waifu then she would have run away with Subaru.

butterbucket said:
Long running anime like One Piece are critically acclaimed because, yes, they do set up, but they also have a lot of pay off; ie stuff happen. So for example, the Straw Hats go to an island, and a lot of cool detail is shown about that island in a few episodes, WHILE some small set up happens.

What you say feels very disingenuous cause Naruto and One piece was adapted into 700 and 800 episodes each, allowing for the setup to evolve. While Re:Zero only had 25 episodes. If Re:Zero was adapted fully (or you could just read the novels) then you probably wouldn't hold the same opinion. If you remove everything after the setup, you would feel the same thing for Naruto and One piece that you feel about Re:Zero, I'll quote:

"About the comparison with Naruto, I will also use your logic. Why does naruto jump key point to key point without exploring the clans and chakra? Why do they get sidelined by random ninjas and only glance at the world, power system, and ninja school? If I were to cut off everything after the 40 episode setup, I would be left thinking like that."

Islands in one piece are almost the same as the internal conflict in Subaru. We explore it deeply while setting up future plot points. (I will say it again, you probably don't think the same cause Subaru is lost on you I will mention it in my final point I hold no disrespect I'm sorry if you'll feel offended)

AbsurdTurk said:
I'm trying to explain why I think season 1 is bad. Season 1 is supposed to be set up, yet there's so little set up, with no meat, and moves like a snail at times, like this episode. I care very little about season 1: because anything cool season 1 introduces, like the magic system, gets sidelined for the next plot point. Then that next plot point gets sidelined, for another plotpoint, which also gets sidelined, etc. Season 1 could've probably been 12 episodes. Episodes 1-3 could've been one episode. The mansion arc was a slog. Episodes 15-17 were pure edge, and could've been 1 ep.

A set up will try to quickly glance at everything to you by moving plot points. This happens with every setup but it is much more apparent here because of how long it is. A usual set up will last 1-6 episodes while in Re:Zero, it's 25 episodes. (and it is justified with the length of the series)

How could episodes 1-3 be one episode? How could Episodes 15-17 be condensed into 1? It would ruin everything! If that happened, I don't think I would be able to understand Subaru's persona and I would never be able to understand how vile Betelgeuse. I would never understand the philosophies of the candidates and how they view life in general. I would never be able to see clever foreshadowing. I would never be left with questions that could be answered intelligently. If you remove what is a set up then, what is the point? Tell me I'm honestly very curious.

I want to reiterate to a point I mentioned earlier, would I really enjoy naruto if the set up was cut off there? no! same thing here. You are judging the set up that has been resolved later in the story. I quote AGAIN:

"About the comparison with Naruto, I will also use your logic. Why does naruto jump key point to key point without exploring the clans and chakra? Why do they get sidelined by random ninjas and only glance at the world, power system, and ninja school? If I were to cut off everything after the 40 episode setup, I would be left thinking like that."

AbsurdTurk said:
It's hard to root for a character when that character is so obnoxious. I'm not the only who found season 1 Subaru annoying as hell.

AbsurdTurk said:
their interactions consist mainly of Subaru yelling and posing like a severely autistic person throughout most of their interactions.

Now, this is what I've been mentioning so much during this whole thing.
Would it be funny and ironic for me to say that you (yes you) are self-inserting? If you are not self-inserting, why would you be so bothered by his antics? Aren't you a third-person perspective viewing this work? Why would you be bothered by his actions? He's a character with flaws of course he's not gonna go according to what you want him to do aka you are self inserting! You are judging the show poorly because you have one thing wrong

FLAWED PERSON =/= BAD CHARACTER

I have talked to many people who dislike Re:Zero and it all stems from the fact they subjectively (not objectively) dislike of the main character and inability to self-insert. If you dislike the main character, everything just suddenly becomes worse for you. Scenes that are supposed to be gripping are lost on the viewer because of the fact they don't sympathize with Subaru. It's a bit of an ignorant view that many have that just seems really petty.

If you got offended by this, I am sorry. I mean no ill-will to you.

I'll also leave this video here for optional viewing to understand my point-->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whUL3wWoQNM
The video is a brilliant dissection of Subaru.

Also, to close this off, season 1 of Re:Zero is beautiful to me because it did what it wanted to do. It opened Subaru up, revealing everything and dived deep into his thoughts. If you're unable to like Subaru, the show is incredibly ludicrous. It's best if you drop it and move onto another anime.
removed-userSep 8, 2020 8:08 AM
Sep 8, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
butterbucket said:

Would it be funny and ironic for me to say that you (yes you) are self-inserting?

Whoa there. This is why I'm not going to continue this discussion:

1) You're starting to resort to personnel attacks.

2) Your post is way too long, and I don't have the time or patience to go over the entire thing.

You're making presumptions; I don't have a single problem with a flawed main character. I recently watched There Will Be Blood, and Nightcrawler, and the main characters in those were very flawed, and even despicable. However, they were not obnoxious to watch.
My problem with Subaru is that he's an unlikeable character you're meant to like; evidenced by how the whole show, is about him suffering, and we're supposed to feel bad for him. In Nightcrawler, not once did the film expect you to feel bad for the main character, much less like him. Also, Subaru isn't actually a bad person whatsoever; which further suggests we're supposed to like him. He's not a sociopath the way the main character in Nightcrawler is, or a manipulative scumbag like Light from Death Note.
Sep 8, 2020 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
AbsurdTurk said:

Whoa there. This is why I'm not going to continue this discussion:

1) You're starting to resort to personnel attacks.

I just gave you the same perspective that you also placed on me:
AbsurdTurk said:
It was an entire episode of a cute girl telling a shitty shut-in NEET how he's not garbage; allowing other socially otaku to self-insert themselves into Subaru in that scene, and feel good about themselves

I ignored this as you generalized us as socially inept otakus that self-insert but then once I tell you you're self-inserting you freak out? Ok.

AbsurdTurk said:
2) Your post is way too long, and I don't have the time or patience to go over the entire thing.

You say this but continue to rebuke me below? Ok.

AbsurdTurk said:
You're making presumptions;

No I didn't. Did you forget what you said?
AbsurdTurk said:

AbsurdTurk said:
their interactions consist mainly of Subaru yelling and posing like a severely autistic person throughout most of their interactions.

Also, I ignored this before but you use mental illness as an insult? tasteless

AbsurdTurk said:
I don't have a single problem with a flawed main character. I recently watched There Will Be Blood, and Nightcrawler, and the main characters in those were very flawed, and even despicable. However, they were not obnoxious to watch.

AbsurdTurk said:
Also, Subaru isn't actually a bad person whatsoever; which further suggests we're supposed to like him. He's not a sociopath the way the main character in Nightcrawler is, or a manipulative scumbag like Light from Death Note.

All you listed were characters who were only MORALLY flawed characters, not a MORALLY and CHARISMATICALLY flawed person like Subaru. Tell me 3 characters that are both morally and charismatically flawed (make sure they're characters you like, not characters you dislike) and make sure they are as obnoxious as Subaru. If you do this, you'll prove to me that authors can make characters who are both flawed in two aspects (like Subaru) but still allowing us to sympathize with him.
Subaru is definitely a bad person but he was able to remove his flaws and grow up.

AbsurdTurk said:
My problem with Subaru is that he's an unlikeable character you're meant to like;

No one told you to like him I don't know where you thought this. In episode 13, he humiliated himself and it wasn't shown in a good light. All his wrong actions are displayed in a disgusting view. Watch the final scene of Episode 13.

AbsurdTurk said:
evidenced by how the whole show, is about him suffering, and we're supposed to feel bad for him.

Again if you read my post before, you would see that this incorrect.

Don't be so fragile man I showed my utmost respect yet you brush it off? I discuss with you yet you brush it off again?
removed-userSep 8, 2020 10:36 AM
Sep 8, 2020 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
@butterbucket

I wasn't calling Subaru autistic as an insult to autistic people; his behavior is certainly reminiscent of someone with severe social issues. Like...yelling mid-conversation for no reason, in public, posing, making random video game references out of the blue, none of this is normal behavior. But alright, I won't call him autistic again; I'll call him socially abnormal.

I didn't mean to say that otaku are socially inept. I'm sorry if it came off that way. And also, I'm sorry that I continue arguing with you, even after I said I'm tired of arguing.
Sep 17, 2020 11:40 AM
Oct 2019
I guess the elf did arrive all on her own.

This show isn't great. It's ok. I don't understand the high rating. The boy is just kind of dumb. I don't exactly dislike him but he's not that likeable either. This knight and the elf are too nice and their characters come off stiff and unrealistic.

Anyways, how the knight reacted to the insignia was odd. The thief girl must be special (a long lost heir of something or other perhaps?). Why did he give the elf the insignia back if that's what aroused his suspicions? Hrmm.

And the thief mistook the elf for the witch for a second there. I wonder if she is the witch. Or sisters with the witch. Lol, no clue. There's not enough info yet to figure out what's going on in this world.
Sep 26, 2020 8:20 AM

Oct 2013
That fight was awesome! Reinhard is really powerful. I wonder what he meant after he saw that item stolen from Emilia.
Oct 13, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2011
"The swordplay of the Astrea family".

Re-watching this again 4 years later is great, especially after finishing season 2 first half and reading past arc 5. I can't wait for Reinhard to take a central role again all these years later.

5/5 for the thot slaying Sword Saint
Oct 14, 2020 3:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Can I just say that all this time I thought this was just another mainstream mediocre af isekai anime. One of my first exposures to the show was gigguk's "in 7 minutes" take on the show, the video itself was funny of course but it definitely left a bad impression on the show for me. Foolish I know, without having even seen a single episode. Nonetheless, I put it in the back of my head that the show was not trash, but definitely not worth watching.

But for some reason a lot of people, even the jaded anime watchers with thousands of entries, were giving this show 10's. Fanboys much??! What gives mate?

Just happened to watch charlie's moist meter review on this the other day. Think I was just watching random moist meters and then I just decided to watch his one on re: zero. That did it for me, I finally got really intrigued. Was I missing something?

Frick yes I was, this show is awesome. Dialogue is witty, characters are well realized, and it's just downright entertaining asf. Whether it will stay at this high level of fun for the rest of the season I have yet to see, but if they can keep up the energy, I might just end up giving this show a 10 as well. Please be good.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 27, 2021 2:57 PM

Feb 2019
Reinhart is soooo cooool

Damn I thought Subaru was going to die again at the end there
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 22, 2021 7:14 AM

May 2020
1. It feels kind of weird that Subaru keeps bringing back up info that he got from Puck in the 1st loop and using it in the current loop even though he shouldn't be aware of it in the perspective of other people, it makes him look sus.

2. "My name is Puck, remember it after you die" Damn Puck always being a badass

3. This entire episode is a sakugafest.

4. Detail about Elsa's cloth being able to immune magical effects for one time.

6. Subaru really is physically strong being able to toss around that huge ass club.

7. Emilia's "trump card", good foreshadowing especially for what happens in Frozen Bonds.

8. Reinhard the swordhax saint here to save the day!

9. We getting to see those blessings in action!

10. Most people miss this detail but Reinhard's sword that he has on his waist can only be drawn when it deems his opponent as worthy.

11. "If I lose my fangs, I'll use my claws, If I lose my claws, I'll use my bones, If I lose my bones, I'll use my life. That is how a Bowel Hunter fights."
PRetty cool line and...

12. The fight looked really fantastic!

13. EKSUCARIBAR!!!

14. She is alive. Elsa is alive.

15. We also got to see one of Reinhard's blessings in action, when the Kukri blade changes it's course to avoid hitting him, I think it's the Divine Protection of Arrow Evasion iirc.

16. "Tell me your name"

17. Foreshadowing for the Royal Selection with the Insignia glowing while in Felt's hand.

And this episode raps up the 1st Arc, The Chaotic First Day. Onwards to The Tumultuous Week!
Nov 20, 2021 6:01 PM

Jan 2021
So does this mean that if Subaru dies again he probably will restart from this point on

Nov 20, 2021 6:12 PM
Mar 2021
ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

ITS SO FUCKING STUPID THAT THE WOUND APPEARS LIKE MINUTES AFTER SHES GONE!

ITS SO FUCKING STUPID. IF IT WAS THERE IT SHOULD JUST SHOW UP JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.
Jan 2, 2022 2:39 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
At this point, I'd just destroy that accursed jewel.
Jul 10, 2022 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
Elsa really put a good fight vs.. well everyone there lol. If it wasn't for Reinhard who looks op af at the moment they would be goners there damn.
Aug 24, 2022 10:06 PM

May 2022
this episode was exciting and awesome, loved the fight scene. I was even at the edge of my seat watching this. Elsa is crazy fast, and a psycho too. She really needs to be stopped. that plot twist with Felt at the end though... I also loved Subaru when he stood up, and didn't give up, he was so brave.
Aug 31, 2022 2:30 AM
Jul 2022
Amazing epissode ngl
Oct 9, 2022 4:15 PM

Aug 2021
i was worried that they were going to have subaru die again and repeat the process again but i'm very glad they didn't. looks like he'll continue here for a bit and hopefully some things start to get revealed slowly
Oct 11, 2022 10:05 PM
Jul 2017
DO THESE FUCKERS EVER SHUT UP
Nov 1, 2022 11:10 AM

Apr 2021
I liked the fight scenes!!! Reinhard is a pretty cool guy. Subaru did well this time too!! I liked the ending. I wonder what happens next.
Jan 9, 2023 7:57 PM
Jan 2023
i was hesitate to watch this show but after gave it a try......this anime really good.
Jan 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Apr 2020
Subaru is cringe in this episode
My Candies:
Feb 2, 2023 10:29 AM
Feb 2021
Idk about this guy he seems pretty cool, but also really weird. Idk if he takes his assumptions about being in an isekai world seriously or not
Apr 29, 2023 8:25 AM

Jul 2021
This is really getting interesting
How can you keep moving forward if you keep regretting the past?

Jul 17, 2023 1:43 AM

Dec 2022
Lol Elsa still attack in a wrong timing but not much to say the least i mean at least Subaru ain't dying again here and good lord Reinhard is pretty damn cool like he's some saint royal guard or something.
But still nice episode and Reinhard's talent looks cool.

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
10 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.