Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 4:53 PM
Dec 2015
nice..my fav this season
Apr 17, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Nicely wrapped-up, this was one really good episode (well, I would do without his boasting and black and white sketch battle animation but that would be just nitpicking). And good they even mentioned that flower, this was certainly something missing in last episode. So, checkpoint save reached, I guess?

Now, I really wonder what Felt had stolen before though, he clearly recognized her (magical?) gauntlets. The item had to of really high value. Also, considering Felt amnesia... is she from real world too?
Apr 17, 2016 4:56 PM

Jun 2015
More questions left to answer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 5:01 PM

Oct 2015
White Fox made Emilia more adorable than Light Novel.
Apr 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Mar 2011
Fantastic episode 5/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Apr 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
You're seriously telling me it took like 5 minutes for Elsa's attack to take effect on Subaru clothes and body? I call the greatest amount of BS I've ever seen.

Also, if the insignia is the thing Reinhart is getting all twitchy over, then why is he getting suspicious of the person that stole it and not the person that owed it? And why did he give it back to the owner if that's what caused the problem?

THE ENDING OF THIS EPISODE MAKES NO SENSE!!!

Still a great episode though.
Apr 17, 2016 5:11 PM

Sep 2010
That was really good episode and the animation in the battles was on point. Well there were some good animation but whoever did the Elsa's movements was on completely new level. Two moments in particular come to my mind and those are Elsa spinning attack and Elsa's running on the beam.

Other than that, as expected of character named Reinhard... truly whenever there is an anime or story with a character having this name they will be overpowered. Still, in the end he was quite a disappointment as despite all his super power, Elsa didn't even lose an arm or moving ability. Instead not only she made an attack on the MC but also ran away without much trouble. So if Reinhard isn't a bad guy who was on her side from the beginning then at the very least he isn't badass enough to deserve his name. (Well he still has 22 episodes to make up for it)

Next. Even though Subaru is a person form real world with very basic fighting abilities, it's really good to see him putting in work. Usually in this type of story, MC will either be complete useless guy or will get some magical bullshit power-up from the get go. Here however Subaru is putting in work with his real abilities.

Least but not least though... after the first two episodes I was pretty sure that I will not like Emilia and that most likely she will become my biggest flaw in the series. In this episode though, this changed for some reason and I am not sure which. My guess is the fighting sequence. At start Emilia seemed like that overpowered heroine that will make MC look extremely pitiful in comparison... she did rescue him from those thugs and all. I sure like badass strong female characters but when there is good natured female lead that will take care of MC and protect him from harm then well, the story suddenly becomes really weird, especially when the heroine has tsundere tendencies. What's even worse afterwards is that the show will make the pitiful weak MC save that overpowered heroine later one for plot purposes while generally it makes no sense for MC being able to do anything against opponent to whom heroine lost.

Still as it turned out this isn't the case I just described as while Emilia is quite powerful, she is not up there at top level and has low physical specs. So when I see in this episode Subaru putting in work and really helping out in the fight and saving her from time to time, it doesn't feel unnatural or forced at all.

Lastly in this episode she had some nice cute reactions but more importantly, it felt as if tsundere traint of her from first ep was thrown outside the window and her behaviour was much more natural. Like she has no memories of Subaru and to her it should be quite suspicious that he knows her and that he knows about this case, still there is no bitchy attitude at all in her but rather... seeing that Subaru is helping her... she takes it as a sign of him being a good guy and sticks with it. The last scene in particular... when he asked for a name she gave him the name... no random stellas and you pitiful human do not deserve to know the name of the great me.

Now I just hope that there won't be regression in her character development. Sure this whole series is about regression dude to the story's structure with time reset but the series does reach the save point now doesn't it?

Lastly, I am looking forward to the story getting more darker. For one on dark side, this story isn't doing that bad... people are dying after all... even when we have a nice plot convenience mechanic to deal with it but people are dying. Still I do think that someone should have died for real in this arc... well maybe I shouldn't say this as if there was someone to die that would be Old Man and I don't want Old Man to die... still Elsa should really have died from Reinhard attack but instead not only she survived and run away showing how big plot armor 'developed in the story characters have' but also somewhat ruined Reinhard's image.

Until I see a true death of important developed character and we reach the save point, I can't say that the true death does not happen in the series.

I hope that the darker means that characters will start dying for one. For two... darker means farther away from usual LN harem story lines and the farther away we go from that the better.

(I am still terrified of the numbers of female characters in the opening and complete lack of male characters... this reminds me of so many bad LN adaptation and unfoturnetely this one falls into the same category)

Ah I sure wrote a lot... the series is good enough for me to make a comment like that though.
Apr 17, 2016 5:31 PM
Nov 2014
iRels said:
Strident said:
Decent episode this time around. Great visuals and BGM with a fight that was suitably tense. Subaru is inoffensive this time around. Emilia is quite strong during daytime, which is a good weakness to work around.

Reinhard said something rather strange at the end. "That is, indeed, no small crime. But compared to the gravity of overlooking the crime unfolding before me, it's trivial."
Then he returns the insignia, despite it being the trigger of his suspicions. If stealing the insignia is not the crime, then what is the one "unfolding before [him]"? He asks for Felt's age and family name. Perhaps the crime is of possessing the insignia for some reason? Maybe Emilia is related to a noble family and holding their insignia is a grievous crime? When Felt commented about Emilia having silver hair and being of elf heritage, she also mentioned a familial relation. Could this be to either a noble family, or is this the reason she choose Satella as an alias? Does that mean her insignia is of relation to the with Satella? But then why would Reinhard return it?

Many questions left unanswered with no clear answers...

It was hinted that in the show they've prejudice against witches. The insignia reacted... but the problem was then the one it reacted to. Felt doesn't knows her family... That bi@# called Felt's ability "Bless of the Wind" and said that she "must be loved by nature" or something. Witches are said to be in touch with nature... So yeah, Felt might've been born from one. She's a little witch... until (if) next episode disprove my hypothesis.

I don't think the insignia was reacting from the animation? At least, it didn't seem any brighter or different (that one comes down to resolution and how they cared about drawing it though) when it was in Felt's hands compared to Emilia.

If it is the case that Felt is part-witch, then how did Reinhard know she is one? Just for possessing it maybe? Is the insignia untouchable by anyone except witches and elves/other special people? Also, Elsa killed Felt and Rom in loop 1 before Subaru even got there. If her objective was only the insignia, then why would she do that if it seemed like they were going to trade it (I doubt Felt would've gotten too greedy and not have made the trade under the advice of Rom since they were going to make a trade with Subaru in loop 2)? Could this reason be related?
Apr 17, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
FateHero said:
Also, if the insignia is the thing Reinhart is getting all twitchy over, then why is he getting suspicious of the person that stole it and not the person that owed it? And why did he give it back to the owner if that's what caused the problem?

THE ENDING OF THIS EPISODE MAKES NO SENSE!!!

It doesn't make sense because you're focusing on the wrong things. You know how in a magic tricks, the magician try to make you focus on something to divert your attention? Try looking at the bigger picture of the scene and there will be lots more possibilities than what you're thinking of.

Don't worry, these will be made clear in the second half of the anime by the looks of it.

Apr 17, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Damn. Was I the only one craving for someone to scream "CHECKPOINT" like on these good ol' arcade days.
Apr 17, 2016 5:52 PM
Mar 2014
*Kicks table to block a knife* "Whoa, I'm awesome!"

Love this MC's reactions, hope he doesn't lose his humor in the future.
Apr 17, 2016 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
Yo Rinehard is godlike hes capable of using Excalibur with any sword and can use the force dude is to strong lol

just glad we made it through Day one... was gonna lose it if he actually died after all that effort
Apr 17, 2016 5:56 PM
Jan 2016
<Download Progress 78%>
WTF.. please.. hurry, b*tch..
How did it goes? Another tragedy?
Apr 17, 2016 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
eso18 said:
Until I see a true death of important developed character and we reach the save point, I can't say that the true death does not happen in the series.

I hope that the darker means that characters will start dying for one. For two... darker means farther away from usual LN harem story lines and the farther away we go from that the better.

I can't say much since the LN is already licensed and there's currently no translations for it but apparently, I heard that many people dropped the LN because of how dark it became by the third arc and I can already imagine everyone's reactions when the anime ends. Let's say it's conclusive enough, but not a really happy one, though that doesn't mean the end of the story as the LN is still ongoing.

Apr 17, 2016 6:07 PM
Jan 2016
The espisode was great, i like too much the disadvantage of subaru
Apr 17, 2016 6:13 PM

Sep 2014
I just can't understand the logic of letting a mass murderer walk away, but I'm not knight what do I know..
Apr 17, 2016 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode
5/5
Apr 17, 2016 6:15 PM

Sep 2014
This show is freaking amazing...
Apr 17, 2016 6:16 PM
Dec 2014
I like this show so far but the main character is by far the worst part.
Apr 17, 2016 6:17 PM
Jun 2013
Uni said:
And when I thought we get a happy ending, something happens. What's with the insignia anyway?
stay tuned for next episode.
Apr 17, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2008
I almost wish I could give it more than 5/5 it was just enjoyable as heck.

So many great moments. Puck was freaking amazing and fun. Such a boss character there. If this fight had started a few hours earlier, he probably could have ended it himself with enough time. So darn confident, got to love that little spirit XD.

Reinhard was a boss. Elsa put it well, a knight among knights. Doesn't matter if it's thugs in an alley or monsters like Elsa, he will stand against all of them to protect those in need.

Props to Subaru. If he didn't secure Felt's escape they all would have died. He was definitely a key part of this and protecting Emilia was a brave move. He nearly died again (I was worried we'd have a gut wrenching restart) but it worked out. Got healed and they can move ahead.

Some confusion with Reinhard's actions, but he's not a bad guy so there has to be some rationale behind it. Will just have to wait and see.

Great episode. This revival mechanic just lets the episodes feel so tense because anyone could die at any time. And just because they'll come back when Subaru goes back doesn't make it ok. His suffering both physical and mental creates stakes for each conflict.
Apr 17, 2016 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Holy crap, the sequence where we could see Emilia navigating through the interior from a first person view was orgasmic. This and the fact that Reinhard was voiced by Tatsuya/Guren easily made the episode for me.

Loving this so far.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 17, 2016 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
This show is badass, I'm loving everything about it right now.
;)
Apr 17, 2016 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. The fight had me on the edge of my seat tbh. All I could keep thinking was, "one wrong move and someone's gonna get disemboweled". Seems like Felt is in some kind of trouble that she can't understand. Maybe Reinhard recognized a prophecy or something? All in all, the pacing was really well done in this episode and the cliff hanger actually has me excited for the next episode.

Only flaw is that I found certain moments to have poor animation quality. Maybe it's just the art style, but sometimes the faces looked too un-detailed at important moments. Kind of brought me out of the action sometimes, otherwise the different scenes were great.

4/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 17, 2016 7:05 PM

Mar 2010
The_Deceiver said:
I just can't understand the logic of letting a mass murderer walk away, but I'm not knight what do I know..

Reinhard didn't let her walk away Elsa escaped on her own. You underestimating her a tad too much if she couldn't leave with her speed. That much is at least expected for someone in her line of work.
Apr 17, 2016 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
The MC sure didn't care about spouting things he is not supposed to know. Usually time travel try to avoid that.

Apr 17, 2016 7:27 PM
Mar 2016
EXCALIBUUURRR Reinhard!
Apr 17, 2016 7:28 PM

Feb 2016
I can't recall ever enjoying something with the same background & plot for 3 episodes until now. What is this madness?
Apr 17, 2016 7:30 PM
Apr 2015
This cap had a great ending. I loved how the characters were fighting to each other, cool animation tho. I haven't liked the expressions of Subaru in front of Emilia, but this is non-common.
Also made me think about: Why Reanheld was so impressed for seeing a rare item?
This anime is going on pretty well.
Apr 17, 2016 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
Animation was fantastic, we need more shows with that kinda stuff. Really curious to see why Reinhard was so distressed at the end, looks like things are getting darker.
Apr 17, 2016 7:57 PM
Dec 2015
Que increíble episodio.... Estuvo genial. De tanto esperar que las cosas le salieran bien y he aquí el resultado... Hasta me asuste cuando le cortaron.... Uff ahora esperar el próximo cap
Apr 17, 2016 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
Wow Reinhard is a badass!
This episode was perfect.
For a moment i thought "oh not again please, he can't die again", but Emilia saved him. Best girl :3 That moment when she said her name and smiled was perfect <3
What the hell is wrong with that insignia? Can't wait to know!!!
I really hope Subaru will explain to Emilia how he knows her.
That ending...""That is, indeed, no small crime. But compared to the gravity of overlooking the crime unfolding before me, it's trivial.", that insignia must be really important...
Again, so much questions and only a few answers xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 17, 2016 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, now that was an amazing episode!
Apr 17, 2016 8:40 PM
Jan 2016
After watch the 2nd episode last week, I've got a bit feels of bored..
:'c But this episode was......................... TOTTALY awesome..
9/10
Apr 17, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
Subaru is starting to become so lame that it's cringe worthy.

I can't get tired of the ED song. Way to good.
Apr 17, 2016 8:51 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I liked the OP and ED this episode.......none. This is a really nice series so far....still hot for Elsa.....actually liking Puck.....and enjoying the MC's humor and breaking of the 4th wall.
Apr 17, 2016 8:59 PM
Aug 2015
Whew! For a second there in the end, I thought Subaru was going to be reborn again. I kind of got confused on what happened in the beginning though because of all the different rebirths.

I wonder if Emilia is related to "Satella" or something? When Subaru called Emilia Satella, she was really offended in the previous episode. In the beginning of this episode, Emilia said that it was an accidental resemblance to someone when she was replying to Felt, and I'm guessing it's this Satella character?

I'm so hyped for next week! 5/5
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 PM

Aug 2015
I'm extremely enjoying this series so far, as it stands right now this is definitely my favorite Spring 2016 anime.
Apr 17, 2016 9:08 PM

Oct 2014
they had to drag reinhard in this mess didn't them
and how convinient felt runs away for a few minutes and find the strongest guy in the universe that is willing to help them
also of course there are no explanations about how the mc can fight elite assasins since he never fought in his life before going to this world
and the ways the mc can choose to reset the plot any time he wants are bullshit
Apr 17, 2016 9:10 PM

Feb 2014
Its been while since I have seen such quality in a 25 episode series. Damn that was awesome, easily AOTS so far.
Apr 17, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, looks like the cold didn't bother Elsa.
Apr 17, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2009
Best episode yet! Reinhard is such a fucking badass! Also loved how Subaru kept using his knowledge to fuck over the bowel hunter bitch over and over again. Was seriously going to be pissed at the end if he died yet again after finally making progress!

I don't understand the ending with Felt and Reinhard though. He saw the insignia and decided to take her with him? What's so special about her? I hope he's not a bad guy with devious intentions...I like him a lot as a character and him taking Felt just is very questionable.
Apr 17, 2016 9:43 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad we're finally past that checkpoint. Reinhard is a total badass and definitely a favorite now. I hope he isn't too hard on Felt.
Apr 17, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2014
Oh shit. This show might be good. Elsa's pretty awesome. That Felt though. Mm.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 17, 2016 9:57 PM

Apr 2011
Started watching this today, didn't realize that this ep aired literally as I started watching. Soooo good, but now I have to wait a whole week!

After this episode, I became weak, and decided to spoil it by reading the manga. But, as if by fate, the manga is only ahead by this episode by only one chapter, and that chapter is four fking pages long. Fml, I guess I will be watching this weekly now.
Apr 17, 2016 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
The fighting perspective from Elsa is simply amazing! The Jackie Chan's fighting style of Subaru made me lol. Sigh, watching this remind me of how I want them to animate Mushoku Tensei
Apr 17, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
Even better episode than the first 2. Fantastic animation, super impressive and engaging.
My favorite anime of the season by far.
Apr 17, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Reinhard vs Elsa OMFG

Suburu dat table save AWESOME

Intense ending 0___0
Apr 17, 2016 10:56 PM

Aug 2011
GosuGian said:
My anime of the season! It's like the final episode.

Final ones you mean. Yeah, episode 3 and already we have a pretty decent fight that usually happens at episode 6,7 there about in a 25 episode series (not being a battle crazy series). In next episode I'll know for sure if this anime is a good watch as so far so good.

And as fast as anime for the season goes, that's Ushiro to Tora season 2 for me.
Apr 17, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2011
DenjaX said:
QUICK SUBARU

GO TO THAT FRUIT VENDOR TO SAVE YOUR PROGRESS!!!

Gotta get to that checkpoint. You made it so far xDD

LOL!! That's does sound like how it seems it would go/progress. He does need a save point after all.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.