Apr 5, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
Salad said:
Comic_Sans said:
Yes

Yuri is good

But yaoi is even better

Lie above me.

Both terrible. We need more str8 things in this world tbf.
Pfffft

Straight fictional couples are boring
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 5, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2018

Salad said:
We need more str8 things in this world tbf.

Speak for yourself m8 ..and let others enjoy what they like.
Apr 5, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2011
ShizukuViolet said:
@ImmatureCookie

I do not really feel like a bisexual person, i do like boys more ofc, but I love yuri and yaoi.

I just feel like some of these yuri romances have better romance (or storys) than "normal" romance animes in generell. For example, I was really fond by Citrus and Girlfriends.

@ShizukuViolet Taste in a 'homosexual' genre is not indicative one's sexuality... but Citrus and Girl Friends is essentials in a Yuri Lover's list, however, I am currently I'm currently obsessed with Their Story by Tanjiu
Event, Game and Anime Reviews by a Retired Otaku.
Apr 5, 2016 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
@ImmatureCookie

Woah that looks so good ! I want to read that one
Apr 5, 2016 2:03 PM

May 2011
Zefyris said:
KuuhakuDesu said:
I know some girls irl that are into shoujo ai. Most of them are lesbians.

Though it's not like these things are strictly related.

No, I don't think those girls are into that. Shoujo Ai means being sexually attractyed (with platonic love or NOT) toward little girls. It's not two girls loving each other, but gown up liking under-aged girls. And by grown up I don't especially mean women grown up. And shounen Ai is the same for under-aged boys. Some peoples here including DataYutaka already notified MAL's moderators of that huge mistake being made, but it wasn't changed in the database. Well whatever.

No matter the stance of MAL, peoples on western boards should be really careful with those terms lol. If you say to a japanese that you're into shoujo ai, this will NOT mean what you think it does. Do not complain if they look at you with disgust...

@ImmatureCookie @EssentialTeacup
Maybe you should read what I just wrote above as well.

@Zefyris I will acknowledge that for future reference... Japenese literal translations are sometimes trippy @_@
Apr 5, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
ImmatureCookie said:
Zefyris said:

No, I don't think those girls are into that. Shoujo Ai means being sexually attractyed (with platonic love or NOT) toward little girls. It's not two girls loving each other, but gown up liking under-aged girls. And by grown up I don't especially mean women grown up. And shounen Ai is the same for under-aged boys. Some peoples here including DataYutaka already notified MAL's moderators of that huge mistake being made, but it wasn't changed in the database. Well whatever.

No matter the stance of MAL, peoples on western boards should be really careful with those terms lol. If you say to a japanese that you're into shoujo ai, this will NOT mean what you think it does. Do not complain if they look at you with disgust...

@ImmatureCookie @EssentialTeacup
Maybe you should read what I just wrote above as well.

@Zefyris I will acknowledge that for future reference... Japenese literal translations are sometimes trippy @_@

This definition complaining comes up every time shoujou ai is mentioned. Someone should petition MAL to change it or stop complaining about it, because no one EVER means it as young girl pedophilia.
Apr 5, 2016 2:17 PM

May 2011
@ShizukuViolet If you want the later updates after those go follow the translation blog, personally I've bookmarked it :3
Apr 5, 2016 2:20 PM

May 2011
TitanAnteus said:
ImmatureCookie said:

This definition complaining comes up every time shoujou ai is mentioned. Someone should petition MAL to change it or stop complaining about it, because no one EVER means it as young girl pedophilia.

@TitanAnteus I totally agree with you but that requires a bit too much effort for some people who just can't be bothered XD
Apr 5, 2016 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
thanks cookie, saved my days :p
The art looks awesome
Apr 5, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2011
Hoo boy, time to wave the yuri flag.

I'm a huge, huge female yuri fan, and have been fond of the genre for almost 10 years now. It's a huge part of why I'm still into manga and anime. (Although yuri anime aren't that great...)

One of the best yuri series out there is Kase-san by Hiromi Takashima, so check it out if you're really into lighthearted, fluffy romance between girls. It pretty much encompasses everything to love about yuri without being overly explicit or dramatic, so I'd recommend it over any other series.

Apr 5, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2011
Nabris said:
Hoo boy, time to wave the yuri flag.

I'm a huge, huge female yuri fan, and have been fond of the genre for almost 10 years now. It's a huge part of why I'm still into manga and anime. (Although yuri anime aren't that great...)

One of the best yuri series out there is Kase-san by Hiromi Takashima, so check it out if you're really into lighthearted, fluffy romance between girls. It pretty much encompasses everything to love about yuri without being overly explicit or dramatic, so I'd recommend it over any other series.

@Nabris I've read those before it's all filled with Yuri fluffiness X3
But as I said to ShizukuViolent, I recommend Their Story by Tanjiu and if you want the later updates after those go follow the translation blog

Now that's what I call Yuri light-heartedness... been following it for more than a year and the lily is still reluctantly blossoming
Apr 5, 2016 2:36 PM

Aug 2011
@ImmatureCookie Oh I've read Their Story all the way up to the most recent update. It's just tough being patient for new chapters, especially since they're so short. It's great! Qiu Tong and Mop Head are my favorites.

Speaking of short, Stretch by Higashiyama Shou had some of the best yuri subtext manga to date, but the chapters were just so damn short. I flew through the entire series within a few hours, and it's disappointing that it had to end. Probably the second (or third) manga on Dynasty Reader that reached so many comments in such a short time.

Apr 5, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2011
@Nabris OH MY GASH... I actually forgotten about this, I have read last year... It's by the same mangaka as Prism which ended too abruptly for my liking
Apr 5, 2016 3:16 PM

May 2015
I wish I had a nickle for every time I saw this thread title, I might actually be able to buy a new computer.
Slightly Dangerous

Apr 5, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2011
DragonTamer1 said:
I wish I had a nickle for every time I saw this thread title, I might actually be able to buy a new computer.

@DragonTamer1 Nothing wrong with 'repeated threads' as there are other people who has yet to see one or new ideas and opinions could also arise in each...

I am also in dire need for a new computer, unfortunately I don't have a nickle to fund yours and mine :<

If only money making was that easy.
Apr 5, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2015
How can they like something if they don't exist?

Every 3D girl is actually a guy, fact.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Apr 5, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2011
-Senpai- said:

*Mindblown* How did you know such a thing @-Senpai- ? (♥ω♥*)
Apr 5, 2016 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
ImmatureCookie said:
-Senpai- said:

It's only logical. Since centuries ago, the female population have been dying but the government don't want the public to know, so they implemented all these fake gurls in our society. They're actually dudes but they've been brainwashed to think that they're girls. As of right now there's only a couple of real 3D girls in existence, but total extinction is inevitable.
NasalShark said:

Apr 5, 2016 4:01 PM

May 2014
Yuri, Yaoi, Twincest...I'm a girl that's partial to it all so long as the characters actually love each other, there's believable development and the romance isn't forced.
The only time I don't like it is when it's half-assed or just there for fanservice or smut sake.

I hear a lot of straight girls saying they don't like Yuri (some even straight up avoid it) because it just makes them uncomfortable to see a romance between two girls. Of course I can respect that, a lot of straight guys don't wanna watch Yaoi...but I've never really minded girl x girl romance, even though I couldn't see myself dating or being attracted to a girl irl.

I mean look, how is this not beautiful??!
Favourite pairing as a child, and still one of my favourites now...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 4:02 PM

May 2011
-Senpai- said:
ImmatureCookie said:

It's only logical. Since centuries ago, the female population have been dying but the government don't want the public to know, so they implemented all these fake gurls in our society. They're actually dudes but they've been brainwashed to think that they're girls. As of right now there's only a couple of real 3D girls in existence, but total extinction is inevitable.

@-Senpai- I am one of the rare real 3D girls?
Apr 5, 2016 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
ImmatureCookie said:
-Senpai- said:

Of course not. The only remaining are hiding somewhere in the hills of Ireland, or something like that.
NasalShark said:

Apr 5, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2011
-Senpai- said:
ImmatureCookie said:

Of course not. The only remaining are hiding somewhere in the hills of Ireland, or something like that.

@-Senpai- I'm hiding in an apartment in London... Is that close enough?
Apr 5, 2016 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
Strawberrycake48 said:
Yuri, Yaoi, Twincest...I'm a girl that's partial to it all so long as the characters actually love each other, there's believable development and the romance isn't forced.
The only time I don't like it is when it's half-assed or just there for fanservice or smut sake.

I hear a lot of straight girls saying they don't like Yuri (some even straight up avoid it) because it just makes them uncomfortable to see a romance between two girls. Of course I can respect that, a lot of straight guys don't wanna watch Yaoi...but I've never really minded girl x girl romance, even though I couldn't see myself dating or being attracted to a girl irl.

You sure you wouldn't date a girl IRL under any circumstance?

I don't know... I feel like with personal experience people really aren't willing to actually analyze their own sexuality and just go with what's normal for the sake of feeling normal.

I mean my friend who became bisexual was really struggling with it.

I don't know. I feel like the disgust I feel when looking at that stuff is indicative of my sexuality.
Apr 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
I like any kind of romances, be it Yaoi,Yuri, Shounen Ai, Shoujo Ai or boy x girl.

All kinds are welcome in my house, and I love them all ^^
Apr 5, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Kind of. I feel like to an extent it can be better than yaoi because it doesn't rely on stereotype to the degree its male counterpart, but at the same time I don't read a lot of it (or either of them for that matter). If anything I find yuri fluff to be cuter than oversexed yuri, even if that can be hot too because it doesn't rely so much on sub dom stereo although as I've said before that's still a lot more present in bl than gl
Apr 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Sep 2015
ImmatureCookie said:
-Senpai- said:

Nope, face reality, don't deny it....you are a guy.
NasalShark said:

Apr 5, 2016 4:25 PM

May 2011
-Senpai- said:
ImmatureCookie said:

Last time checked I had all the right female body parts... though my cup size is just a B
Apr 5, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
ImmatureCookie said:
-Senpai- said:

Last time checked I had all the right female body parts... though my cup size is just a B
Nah nah nah

You're just brainwashed by them. Them....
NasalShark said:

Apr 5, 2016 4:44 PM

Feb 2016
I'm a female and I'm personally just not into the Yuri genre. I have nothing against lesbians or anything. The genre just doesn't appeal to my tastes, I dislike romance also.
Apr 5, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
Yes. Yes there are. A lot of the people who MAKE yuri are girls.
Apr 5, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2011
-Senpai- said:
ImmatureCookie said:

Nah nah nah

How could you?!
I thought we had a connection ~Senpai~...I would have thought you would have checked whether I really am a girl
〝〇〟⊂(`・Δ・´)⊃〝〇〟
Apr 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2015
ImmatureCookie said:
-Senpai- said:
Nah nah nah

How could you?!
I thought we had a connection ~Senpai~...I would have thought you would have checked whether I really am a girl
〝〇〟⊂(`・Δ・´)⊃〝〇〟
It wouldn't worth trying.

The chances of you being a real girl is close to zero...
NasalShark said:

Apr 5, 2016 4:55 PM
Mar 2016
Yuri is fine and dandy, so long as the characters involved are not wimpering, cooing, pathetic examples of women. I am very flexible sexually and appreciate many types of beauty in boys and girls but I can't handle the weak, shy, virginal girl so often presented in anime. That's boring bulls hit and I can't relate to inane moronic characters who's skirts accidentally go vertical every episode.
Basically girl on girl can be hot, but not if it is presented as obvious fodder for straight dudes with an inferiority complex, who require wide-eyed moe adoration to get off.
Apr 5, 2016 5:02 PM

May 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

You sure you wouldn't date a girl IRL under any circumstance?

I don't know... I feel like with personal experience people really aren't willing to actually analyze their own sexuality and just go with what's normal for the sake of feeling normal.

I mean my friend who became bisexual was really struggling with it.

I don't know. I feel like the disgust I feel when looking at that stuff is indicative of my sexuality.

To be completely honest, I can't say...because I've never been attracted to a girl, I can't imagine ever being with one (if that makes sense)- kinda like how you can't really imagine yourself being an old person until you're actually there...yes, that's the analogy I'm going with XD
Although if by any chance I was attracted to a girl, I don't it'd bother me.
As of right now though, I've only ever been attracted to guys...although I'm rarely attracted to anyone at all.

But, yeh, if you're feeling repulsed by it, it's presumably indicative of sexual preferences...but does that work the opposite way around also? Because not being repulsed doesn't necessarily reflect sexuality, right? Kinda confusing...varying degrees of straightness, I suppose...I swear I read an article on that once...

Sexuality is obviously a lot more complex that people think- half the time, I don't think there's any point in labelling it at all!.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
ImmatureCookie said:
ShizukuViolet said:
@ImmatureCookie

I do not really feel like a bisexual person, i do like boys more ofc, but I love yuri and yaoi.

I just feel like some of these yuri romances have better romance (or storys) than "normal" romance animes in generell. For example, I was really fond by Citrus and Girlfriends.

@ShizukuViolet Taste in a 'homosexual' genre is not indicative one's sexuality... but Citrus and Girl Friends is essentials in a Yuri Lover's list, however, I am currently I'm currently obsessed with Their Story by Tanjiu

Just finished it(caught up) its really good and funny

SPOILER

But still prefer citrus somehow

Do you actually think the blonde girl is in love with the tomboy, cause i did not understand why she rejeted her
Apr 6, 2016 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
TitanAnteus said:
AltoRoark said:
There are tons of straight girls who like yuri. What's interesting is that both yaoi and yuri are primarily aimed towards females. They're a subgenre of romance, and romance is typically focused on fluff rather than sexual content.

Eh really?
The only straight girl that I ever knew that liked yuri was a closet bisexual.

Honestly... I don't think there'd be many straight girls really like yuri.

Think about it like this. As a guy, ff there was a boys love anime that was as cute and fluffy as yuri, would you watch it for the boys love? Probably not. As a straight man that... hmmm... best word... disgust? would still be there.

Sorry.
But we're speaking about romance here. That genre is about seeing people in love with each others.

I have an hard time to understand why someone could be disgusted by a romance, except for moral values (like incest or shota/loli type of romance, for example), or because the romance is unhealthy.
I do understand that you have preference about the type of pairing or the couple dynamic, hell, that's even normal. But being disgusted, no.

I mean, if you have a gay friend, you'll be disgusted to see him with his boyfriend, seeing them affectionate like any other couple? Because that's basically what we are speaking here.
Apr 6, 2016 12:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wasn't yuri written as a genre for a female demographic originally? Think I read that somewhere
Apr 6, 2016 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
-Senpai- said:

LMAO. True true
That explains this pic... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Apr 6, 2016 1:09 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Wasn't yuri written as a genre for a female demographic originally? Think I read that somewhere

Yup, the yuri genre appeared in the shōjo literature during the years 1910s. But the genre mostly died after the WWII, before reappearing in the shōjo manga during the 70s.
You had to wait the 90s in order to see the first serious shōnen/seinen yuri.
Apr 6, 2016 1:51 AM

Nov 2014
A lot of yuri is written by girls and last time I saw a poll in the yuri club asking for genders it seemed most of them were girls.
Apr 6, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2015
I like soft yuri as it is and I think I would/might/ have liked it if I were a girl. =D
Apr 6, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2013
lady_freyja said:
TitanAnteus said:

Eh really?
The only straight girl that I ever knew that liked yuri was a closet bisexual.

Honestly... I don't think there'd be many straight girls really like yuri.

Think about it like this. As a guy, ff there was a boys love anime that was as cute and fluffy as yuri, would you watch it for the boys love? Probably not. As a straight man that... hmmm... best word... disgust? would still be there.

Sorry.
But we're speaking about romance here. That genre is about seeing people in love with each others.

I have an hard time to understand why someone could be disgusted by a romance, except for moral values (like incest or shota/loli type of romance, for example), or because the romance is unhealthy.
I do understand that you have preference about the type of pairing or the couple dynamic, hell, that's even normal. But being disgusted, no.

I mean, if you have a gay friend, you'll be disgusted to see him with his boyfriend, seeing them affectionate like any other couple? Because that's basically what we are speaking here.

Yes that's exactly right. There are no moral reasons behind it. I'm not religious nor do I think gay people are doing anything wrong.

I just really want to look away whenever I see an act of physical intimacy between homosexual people... well... outside of hand holding anyway.

I don't know, but as I've grown older I've felt that this feeling is a definitive indicator of my own sexuality. Also, disgust is a strong word, but there's no other word I could use.... maybe aversion? I just don't like seeing it.
Apr 6, 2016 5:13 AM

Sep 2015
After being in the manga/anime community I began to tolerate the topic of sexuality.
I've taken an interest in same-sex relationships in manga and I'd love to actually get into reading further yuri.
Apr 6, 2016 7:29 AM

May 2011
ShizukuViolet said:
ImmatureCookie said:

Just finished it(caught up) its really good and funny

SPOILER

But still prefer citrus somehow

Do you actually think the blonde girl is in love with the tomboy, cause i did not understand why she rejeted her

I love Citrus too but the updates are killing me ... I'm planning to buy an English copy of the volumes...but i need to hide them from my parents
Apr 6, 2016 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
ryukan said:
i'm a guy and yaoi is love, yaoi is life.

Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Apr 6, 2016 7:36 AM

May 2011
TitanAnteus said:
lady_freyja said:

Sorry.

Yes that's exactly right. There are no moral reasons behind it. I'm not religious nor do I think gay people are doing anything wrong.

I just really want to look away whenever I see an act of physical intimacy between homosexual people... well... outside of hand holding anyway.

I don't know, but as I've grown older I've felt that this feeling is a definitive indicator of my own sexuality. Also, disgust is a strong word, but there's no other word I could use.... maybe aversion? I just don't like seeing it.

Personally, I initially did not appreciate the public display of affection between my gay best friend and his (now ex) boyfriend. But as you are constantly exposed it, you eventually develop an immunity...Though I look away to avoid ruining the atmosphere

[What I've learnt from being the designated 'third wheel']
Apr 6, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
I'm a straight girl and I'm ok with yuri as much as I'm ok with yaoi. Not into both of them but don't think they're disgusting either.
Apr 6, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
Well, I hate labeling myself as straight, although I'm more into men. That aside, I don't particularly like yuri as much as I like yaoi, but if were given a chance to watch one, I think I'd still do. I don't really care about gender that much, as long as the relationship itself feels natural or something.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Apr 6, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2011
Bear said:
I don't really care about gender that much, as long as the relationship itself feels natural or something.

This is something for all 'traditional conservative' person should take note of.

Yet again, people are entitled to their own opinions... too bad some people love shoving their's into everyone's faces
Apr 6, 2016 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
ImmatureCookie said:
TitanAnteus said:

Personally, I initially did not appreciate the public display of affection between my gay best friend and his (now ex) boyfriend. But as you are constantly exposed it, you eventually develop an immunity...Though I look away to avoid ruining the atmosphere

[What I've learnt from being the designated 'third wheel']

Why put yourself in that position if it makes you uncomforable?

You see my deal is that if I'm disgusted by something I try and stay away from it. That is to say, there are exceptions. Like if I witnessed a couple popping a ring for each other, or if it was an anniversary or something. But if it's just random acts of intimacy I'd probably look away, because that feeling of disgust wells up in me if I look at it.

ImmatureCookie said:
Bear said:
I don't really care about gender that much, as long as the relationship itself feels natural or something.

This is something for all 'traditional conservative' person should take note of.

Yet again, people are entitled to their own opinions... too bad some people love shoving their's into everyone's faces

Are there that many of those kinds of people? I often see people go "how can you not like homosexual romance?" more often than people saying "ughh get your gay stuff out of here." Although I could just be selectively remembering things.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …?

Yonahim_Zz - 4 hours ago

22 by -Ryu »»
3 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

127 by mokkocchi »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - May 10

43 by Lhundrup »»
17 minutes ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - May 10

97 by Archean-Return »»
18 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

79 by Asphiee »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.