Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 1, 2016 2:51 AM

Jan 2015
What the fuq Ruru changed completely, such polite.
Kawaii Ruru is working hard!
Albrecht too OP.
Experiments on phantoms, money is the reason.
Enigma is hawt.
nyc car Sensei
They holding them safety car handles, look at Koito chan and Reina at 11:24, safety game stronk!! Holy shit Mai is holding it too
Ayy Mai-chan stepping it up, she's "yasashii~ Mai best grill!
Aw shit, Mai is jealous that Haruhiko will kiss Ruru, but how? Ruru is too small?
Ok that worked out better than I though, nice kiss and now he brings out a fire type and a water type pokemon with his ability.
Wow nice action
Yaay Ruru is back to normal, but that "born from you" shit was a bit shitty but whatever!
This time it's the real mom, good reunion.
Yeah you better like your world, it's a nice life you have now, a harem, people who want you to stay beside them, people you like. Nothing bad.
I liked this anime, hopefully it gets a season 2 because it's quite enjoyable!
Ending was fine, not shitty.
3/5
Musaigen END.
AhoNoGinApr 1, 2016 2:56 AM
Apr 1, 2016 5:07 AM

Nov 2015
Alright episode. 6/10

Apr 1, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2013
FunkyNano said:
VanishingKira said:

Haruhiko x Ruru kiss

What am I doing with my life

Noooo the main male character needs to kiss all the girls to get his harem love going. Though the best was
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2015
That was a bit stupid, how can they even contemplate not doing anything when she can unleash that kind of destruction? That's impossible. Why didn't sensei tell them that method first time they met after last episode?

Kyoto did quite imaginative and classy shots again, but dialogue and music wasn't optimal. Completely flawed plot, okay execution

On the whole, err... this was a curiosity in many ways, maybe an exercise or experiment for Kyoto? Can't give it high scores, had its moments and the visuals were strong, 3-4/10

Heard that the original takes a much more serious route, dunno if this is better or not
Apr 1, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
Renaultclio101 said:

Noooo the main male character needs to kiss all the girls to get his harem love going.
No, he just needs to act like a mindless asexual retard to get it going, as well as be incredibly dull predictable.
Apr 1, 2016 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
Okay I have to collect every thought I had while watching this series to move on to the next :3

First is he kissed Ruru... Wtf and since she was born from and they're like siblings now. In addition with the Mom kiss. Haruhiro now has 2 incest points.

Also
Mai: We need to show them humans arent that bad (whilst killing her)
Me: Yeah Mai you tell em

Next is I f*cking love Enigma's Char Design (Especially those Pupils) o_o

All in all. It was an ok SOL show. Some episodes are weirder than most(bear episode) but it was ok most of the time. And KyoAni's top tier animation practically saved it at times. It wasn't very engaging unfortunately. I didn't sit in front of my laptop excited to watch the f*ck out of it. Except maybe for the last two eps :P

7/10
Had potential and the final two were pretty good. The concept is pretty detailed and interesting too.

Farewell Musaigen, I hope you future KyoAni projects learn from your shortcomings.
Melcookie96Apr 1, 2016 12:42 PM
Apr 1, 2016 12:39 PM

Mar 2013
lol, not the kiss you would expected :)
they were left to fight alone?
thats the defence force, were is the soldiers/other abillty users? :O

overall i did enjoy this anime, would recommend it mostly to kids....
5.5/10 in MAL term 6 .
NisxApr 1, 2016 12:45 PM
Apr 1, 2016 1:33 PM
Jan 2013
Alayshiki turned into Umbrella corporation ;D and that lady is their Nemesis
Apr 1, 2016 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like they pulled most tricks out of their asses in this episode.......sudden Haru powerup was shit.......romance trollplot.............if not for Mai, this show would have been utter shit.
Apr 1, 2016 5:29 PM

May 2009
Well this anime was... meh. Kinda fine, but I expected more at the beginning.
I hope studio learned that recipe for tits and moe doesnt work just like that.
Some characters were fun but episode development seemed kinda boring.
Apr 1, 2016 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty average series, overall, though the art was very good. However, that's not enough to earn a high score, and the zero plot sealed the deal. Last episode was meh, found the solution way too convenient, though it's interesting how Ruru is a part of Haruhiko.

Final episode: 3.5/5
Series overall: 5/10

According to LN readers, it gets pretty dark later on, plus there is a plot. If an eventual second season shows up and it does stick to the source, I'll watch it.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 1, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Man this was a good series. Started out a bit fanservicey but I've come to like all the characters and the tonal shift of the last few episodes was nuts. I really came to specifically love Haruhiko in the last few episodes (Really ship him with Mai) and I really felt his pain when it came to him being abandoned by his family and then the whole drama with Enigma and his mom.

Really hope we get a season 2 to cover the mind fuck plot twists of the light novels (Yes I did have it spoiled for me). Easily giving this series a 9 because of how much I enjoyed it.

5/5 for the last episode.
Apr 1, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
The highlight of this series was the limbo scene in episode 1.....
Apr 1, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
Tennouji said:
We got Ruru kiss but not Mai. Like, I was hoping Haruhiko steals Mai's power. What the fuck?

IceBreakerZ said:

So Haruhiko kinda kissed his mom earlier and now his sister...
Wow....

Incest all over on KyoAni.

Don't forget, some people have started calling that wincest since Game of Thrones came on Tv...
Apr 2, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2011
bastek66 said:
terrablu2003 said:
P.S. Has anyone realized that the teacher used car ?

Funny choice of car

Then the car I had in mind was just the Multipla, omitting the outside line, the space inside is really spacious and has a unique interior solution of its kind, I can find a similarity only with the first version of the Twingo.

Thank you so much Bastek66, for giving away the doubt. ;)
Apr 2, 2016 2:38 AM
Sep 2013
This episode: 3.5/5

This series: 5.5/10

Kyoani made a mistake with this one, though it's not as bad as Free (and High Speed movie) or Haruhi Endless Eight. Still, this one is good to watch despite its flaws.
Apr 2, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2015
6/10 for me nothing special. Would have scored higher if it had romance and not random episodes like in the beginning.
Apr 2, 2016 11:38 AM

May 2014
Not very good but not too bad either. Haruhiko's summoning power became really badass in the end.
Now he can summon Enigma for ... well ... reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
VanishingKira said:
Apr 3, 2016 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
The thing I never understood was Haruhiko's mom. Her character was jagged as fuck and all over the place. She just got up one day and left a 10 year old child by himself, with seemingly no regrets. Even if her relationship with her husband was absolute shit, she had a responsibility to care for her child, and the least she could have done was work something out with the dad. But no mentioning of that. Then she goes and gets married to someone else, so definitely had no grievances of what she did if she's able to actively seek another relationship right after.

Flashback some 7 years later, she's portrayed as someone spends all her time looking at her son's picture in the book that they loved to read, full of remorse, regret and affection for Haruhiko, and seemingly in direct contrast to the irresponsible, selfish, and frankly morally-bankrupt character of her past. (And her husband was apparently fine with his wife spending all her time musing over her past relationship. okaaaay then.)

sensationalism - 1 ; making sense - 0

Honestly if the rest of the season wasn't such pandering trash, then this series might have become something. Especially with regards to these past two episodes, some serious grade A development happened.

6/10

Apr 3, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2009
7/10 since the last few episodes were enjoyable. Not a bad anime but it could be better.

Apr 3, 2016 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
This anime was one of the surprises, I am glad I decided to watch it and it was good, coz others that I decided to watch believing would be good turned into a mess...
I liked that this one was not so turned into harem vibes, Mai was a great character, but all the girls were good, and Haru did his best to support the girls, so it was nice to see that he also had a great power that was hidden and that they all got their powers back.
7/10
Apr 3, 2016 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
5/10
Bang average.
My two favorite moments where the Mai asscheek and every seen with Enygma...and that's not a good thing, especially from a KyoAni produced anime.
Dayum, Enigma sure is sexy, too bad they killed her :(.
Apr 3, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2010
Mediocre at best... Final episode also lacked any impact... And using Haruhiok's mom was a cheap emotional trick...

Finale - 3/5
Series - 6/10
Apr 3, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2009
I liked it for what it was. I certainly wasn't expecting a masterpiece.
Apr 3, 2016 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
6 to 6.5 overall I'd say. Pretty on par with the anime I've watched this season besides Rakugo, meh.... it's not perfect, it certainly has flaws, but I am hella biased to Kyoani's art and those last few episodes weren't half bad, especially the one with kid!Haruhiko and Mai.

At least the conclusion was better than DRRR Ketsu or Bokumachi lmaoooo

Haruhiko deserved more than this show gave him, having him take a backseat to fanservice was a faulty idea, the Haruhiko focus episodes were by far most interesting. I don't like seeing a good kyoani boi getting the short end of the stick in general, though, so maybe I'm biased.
removed-userApr 3, 2016 8:02 PM
Apr 4, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2014
dizzyur said:
6 to 6.5 overall I'd say. Pretty on par with the anime I've watched this season besides Rakugo, meh.... it's not perfect, it certainly has flaws, but I am hella biased to Kyoani's art and those last few episodes weren't half bad, especially the one with kid!Haruhiko and Mai.

At least the conclusion was better than DRRR Ketsu or Bokumachi lmaoooo

Haruhiko deserved more than this show gave him, having him take a backseat to fanservice was a faulty idea, the Haruhiko focus episodes were by far most interesting. I don't like seeing a good kyoani boi getting the short end of the stick in general, though, so maybe I'm biased.
yeah, Haruhiko definitely deserved more than what he got... I mean, in some episodes, he was just so meh...

Still, I liked it, would like another season if they give Haruhiko what he actually deserves, and the relationship between Mai should be better present because we don't know anything on how they met and stuff... But sadly, chances for another season seem rather slim...
Apr 4, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was some Guilty Crown shit with the crystals lol.

This episode felt so thrown together.
Apr 5, 2016 4:51 AM

Apr 2011
Last episode was all over the place.

Sad, the anime was starting to get good.
Apr 5, 2016 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
That animation was beautiful
Apr 5, 2016 9:12 PM

Nov 2014
I liked the series, it wasn't bad at all, but the last two episodes were really rushed, and the resolution was kind of a trainwreck.

Overall i would say it's nice.

6-7/10.
error5000Apr 26, 2016 1:56 PM
Apr 6, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2012
With this last episode I can conclude my final thought for the series...

Enigma is the best waifu.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Feb 2010
Not bad but could've been a lot better. I was quite fond about its animation too, though there's just too many 'suddenly huge problem fixed because XX and YY" tbh, 'asspulls' for short.

6/10
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 6, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2012
If only the story was that good from the beginning :/
Characters were nice & voice acting was topnotch imo.
Haruhiko should've gotten more char dev though.

6/10
Apr 7, 2016 9:02 AM
Jan 2010
wow look at that mal hivemind at work again
best show by far this season
Apr 7, 2016 12:25 PM

Oct 2013
Lol Haru just kissed Ruru's entire face with dem lips, good thing that everything turnt out fine for him. Would be even better if this anime has a friggin' plot tho. Quite enjoyable to watch but there's nothing much i can say.

Overall score 7/10
Apr 7, 2016 3:14 PM

Oct 2008
and i thought Himeno sensei would show-up as a badass phantom obliterater...but it seems the group could single handedly handle this kind of Advanced Phantom.
Albrehito was a damn hacker and fixer! very convenient!
So Ruru was the key after all to unleash the true powers of Haruhiko!
Marchosias & Cthulhu was badass upgraded summons!
Kyoani fighting scene was epic!
Overall a fairly good show.
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 8, 2016 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
So the visuals and waifus was all had this anime going for..

Shame, a lot of potential went to waste.

5/10 - Still enjoyed some parts there and then. I was actually starting to like Enigma strangely enough :(
Apr 9, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2014
Out of these 13 episodes, I personally felt that only 3-4 of them were enjoyable. I was honestly dreading the day it would air because I just wanted the damn thing to be over already. Deserved a 3/10 but surprisingly I really liked liked the last couple episodes (especially Enigma's idea of a phantom war and Haruhiko's ability upgrade at the end) so I guess I can bump it to a 5/10. Overall it was a really boring show though...
Apr 9, 2016 6:48 PM
Dec 2015
finale was pretty good! would be awesome if haruhiko stays that strong and wants to capture many phantoms as possible and then take down the company that are doing tests on the phantoms for a season 2. Pretty happy with this series
Apr 15, 2016 11:12 PM

Mar 2015
I think this series woulda been much different if episodes 12 and 13 were, say, 3 and 4 and it went on from there.

Oh well, this gets an 8/10 from me either way, it was enjoyable enough to give it my full attention.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 16, 2016 11:22 AM

Feb 2014
LoL....

So the mother chose the random old guy over her son... and now is saying "I'm sorry mimimi"...

Well, nothing better than an "I'm sorry" and some tears to cover up all the bad done things, right? =D
Apr 16, 2016 11:38 PM

Jan 2009
Lol so Ruru wins the harem XD oh God, this show is awful!
Not a bad show overall, but nothing special about it.
I don't mind a second season though.
Apr 18, 2016 7:34 PM
Jul 2013
This episode, combined with the previous two, singlehandedly raised the ratings for this series.
Apr 23, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
Huh.. Even tho all this it had a Really nice ending to it. Finally got to see the real Hell dog 😍😂 Love it! even to i was a short boss fight it was a epic and funny (cause of the kiss😂) boss fight.
Overall i did enjoy the anime! 8/10
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 24, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
the best part of last episode
Apr 24, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
It was good. It started out great but half-way through it got boring with those filler episodes. But it did pick up in the last three episodes which was okay.

The characters didn't have much development and were quite generic. Overall it was interesting concept. 7/10
Apr 27, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
What a waste of animation talent.
Apr 27, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
Ahh, the last 3 eps. were decent tbh.
Animation, especially in the last ep. was top notch, and thats the only good thing about this anime, although I kind of started liking Mai.

Aurorae said:
What a waste of animation talent.

Sadly, have to agree.
May 7, 2016 5:07 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So....Haruhiko's first kiss was stolen by her mother, and the second one by his twin!?

Overall not an anime which I could call exciting, but the last 3 episodes were quite good, not to mention the great animation.

Even though There is Fin word in the end, I kinda hope the sequel of this, I've heard the next arc would take the darker path of story, I wanna see it.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 13, 2016 8:24 AM

Dec 2012
Why...WHY COULDN'T THE REST OF THE SERIES BE THIS GOOD?

I'm just so utterly disappointed that it now shows its best colors after a myriad of mediocrity. It should have been like this from the start. I didn't mind some of the silly episodes such as Reina's pretend family, the hot spring (ohh yeeaah) and the limbo dance, but they should have kept all of that to a minimum. Literally over half of the series felt unnecessary. Well on the bright side, at least these last 3 episodes were the saving grace for this series and let me end it on a better note.

I think I'm going to keep away from KyoAni shows for a while. They're all starting to blur together and even though they can be fun, this reminds me of Kyoukai no Kanata in terms of potential wasted and demonstrates how their school life formula has reached its limits.

6/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

144 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.