Aug 2010
Got this one pre-ordered!!!
Can't wait :D
Apr 3, 2016 5:59 PM

Feb 2016
Itsssss so closee OMG! DS3 HYPE!
Apr 4, 2016 3:43 AM
Nov 2015
After weeks and weeks of filler games, the main course is almost here.
i finished demon souls, DS1, DS2, bloodbourne and even salt and sanctuary plus other not as important games.
Apr 4, 2016 3:58 AM

Nov 2015
Apr 4, 2016 7:11 AM

Apr 2012
http://nichegamer.com/reviews/dark-souls-iii-review/

There's a good review on Nichegamer about DS3. I'm going to play it for sure anyway. No Dark Souls has disappointed me until now.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 4, 2016 8:47 PM

Oct 2014
Played through the japanese version, definitely my favorite souls game now. Can't wait until the pc release though, that 30fps was painful. If anyone has any question about the game feel free to message me.
Apr 4, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2014
Not going to play at the start since I am broke af and want to wait for all dc content for the same price later on. I don't play in multiplayer anyway.

Apr 4, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 2009
6 days to go until midnight release here.. I just want it so bad already. I watched some PVP videos and it looked like it's going to be the best one yet, I was really disappointed with Bloodbornes pvp so I'm hoping I'll stay interested in this one for a long time
Apr 4, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2013
Reminder that soloing is the best way to play the game.

One summon = One disrespect
Apr 7, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
4 more days until I rip this game a new asshole.
Apr 7, 2016 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
I have been waiting and waiting for this game to come... only 5 more days! But I have an exam in 7 -_-
I am so hyped! All board the hype train
Apr 7, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2012
Myrmidons said:
I was really disappointed with Bloodbornes pvp

I think Bloodborne did a good job i have seen some comments that Dark Souls 3 has been reported to not really bring anything new to the table , i didn't like dark soul 2 well let's see .

Apr 7, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
AllenVonStein said:
Myrmidons said:
I was really disappointed with Bloodbornes pvp

I think Bloodborne did a good job i have seen some comments that Dark Souls 3 has been reported to not really bring anything new to the table , i didn't like dark soul 2 well let's see .

What you heard couldn't be more wrong, they have made TONS of changes and those were just on beta tests. The biggest being no more estus flask spamming unless you want to eat a back stab from the lag frames you receive and no more lag rolling back stabs like DS1 which was its worst problem, otherwise it was the best pvp wise.

Dark Souls 2 pvp was awful but I still liked it better than BB's, the only thing I liked about BB was pve (it was by far superior) but I stopped playing BB very fast after I got bored of doing NG+'s and I hated the pvp.
Apr 9, 2016 3:09 AM
Aug 2015
Still deciding on what I want to go as in dark souls 3. Choosing between full magic build (no scummy hex or hybrid thrown in.) or my usual comfort zone of FTH/DEX...

I might go Quality like my bf. The knight's starting armor this time around is just so fine. It reminds me a lot of fluted set from demon's souls...

Started my preload on steam yesterday for dks3. Hypes.
Apr 9, 2016 5:07 AM

Sep 2014
My copy did arrive today after all, now I get to waste my weekend away on Dark Souls 3!
Just gotta wait for this day one patch to download first...
Apr 10, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
My copy did arrive today after all, now I get to waste my weekend away on Dark Souls 3!
Just gotta wait for this day one patch to download first...

You lucky sonofabitch I'm still waiting like the pleb I am.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 10, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2012
Hype hype hype

I just recently played Scholar of the first Sin and boy it gave me some chills playing those DLCs. I can't wait to experience those feels in DS3. The exploration, the frustration, the reward, the experience !!
Apr 10, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2015
SH4kun said:
PrimeX said:
Won't be getting this one. This kind of game is really just not for me. I played Bloodborne and man... the environment is just sad and dark and quiet. I want a game world that is lively, vibrant and full of life and not like a game where you walk in a dark street and suddenly a zombie attacks you with a pitchfork, you kill him and move on and the same thing happens for a dozen more times. I find it dull. Besides, the thing that actually got me frustrated with that game is that it's really hard. I'm forever stuck with that freaking blood-starved beast. And you can't manually save.. what? you traveled across the map and you made a wrong turn and a giant stomped you to death? fuck you go back to where to started and lose all of your blood echoes... It's just really frustrating. And I can't just "git gud" because I don't have the motivation to do so. I also remember I was in the middle of my first playthrough of The Witcher 3 when I got Bloodborne and The Witcher 3's so damn addicting. From then on Bloodborne has been in my shelf collecting dust. I don't know maybe one of these days I'll play it again

I've only played Dark Souls I and Demon's Souls, but I didn't enjoy the former that much. It felt unfinished after Anor Londo (DLC aside) and the ways you could die in it felt way cheaper than in the original (The famous archers in Anor Londo and the white guys that try to push you to your dead while you're walking over that narrow path, the first mimic you face...). The only middle finger moment that I remember in Demon's was the two man-eaters using psywaves at you in that narrow area on Tower of Latria, but it wasn't even close to being as bad as those other parts I mentioned. That, combined with people saying DaSII was mediocre, made me lose interest in the next games.

And nah, I would say the Souls series is more about you being knowledgeable about what is to come than actually getting good (dropping down and attacking Asylum and Taurus Demon from above, the locations of summons like Solaire or Tarkus for Gargoyles and Iron Golem if you are alive, whether you kill Biggy or Smalls first it will give you another different boss fight...). Once you know, some of the bosses are disgustingly easy.

The instances where they want you to expect something are too few to even account for. Even then, those instances either come right after a bonfire so to cushion your loss or they make it damn obvious something bad is about to happen. Still, I will not deny that DS requires you to rely on luck at time but your criticism is invalid.

The game doesn't want you to make it easy by following the 'best route'. There's no best route. You need to experiment. Those on the internet who discovered alternate paths (and hence the path which you deem best) did so by 'experimenting'. What's stopping you from experimenting?
Apr 11, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Trance- said:
SH4kun said:

I've only played Dark Souls I and Demon's Souls, but I didn't enjoy the former that much. It felt unfinished after Anor Londo (DLC aside) and the ways you could die in it felt way cheaper than in the original (The famous archers in Anor Londo and the white guys that try to push you to your dead while you're walking over that narrow path, the first mimic you face...). The only middle finger moment that I remember in Demon's was the two man-eaters using psywaves at you in that narrow area on Tower of Latria, but it wasn't even close to being as bad as those other parts I mentioned. That, combined with people saying DaSII was mediocre, made me lose interest in the next games.

And nah, I would say the Souls series is more about you being knowledgeable about what is to come than actually getting good (dropping down and attacking Asylum and Taurus Demon from above, the locations of summons like Solaire or Tarkus for Gargoyles and Iron Golem if you are alive, whether you kill Biggy or Smalls first it will give you another different boss fight...). Once you know, some of the bosses are disgustingly easy.

The instances where they want you to expect something are too few to even account for.
Priscilla turning invisible.
The Bed of Chaos
The Asylum Demon and his huge AoE explosions
The pitholes in the sewers
The first mimic you meet
The two archers in Anor Londo
The traps in Sen's fortress
The capra demon and his two dogs
Gravelord Nito
Apr 11, 2016 12:25 AM

Nov 2015
95PercentCaim said:
Trance- said:

The instances where they want you to expect something are too few to even account for.
The Bed of Chaos
The first mimic you meet
Gravelord Nito

I only remember a few so let me address them:
The two archers in Anor Londo fire the arrows which are too damn visible and will almost inevitably miss you on the first shot. The only confirm-shot is when you get up on that ledge and are walking towards them.

The traps in Sen's fortress are discernible. You set a foot on the trigger and you hear the sound. You also, for God's sake, see the arrows coming. Matter of reflexes - pretty sure every game utilizes that.

The Capra Demon and his tow dogs are also a matter of reflexes. It's not an absolutely unavoidable situation.

The rest are, I'm sure, either a matter of reflexes or again obvious enough to be dodged at the right time. Still, these are 9 instances out of a whole game. Much to account for? And don't poke at the element of surprise. That's a fundamental part of every game. I'm sure I didn't wish for a guide telling me that Priscilla will turn invisible when I encountered her.
Apr 11, 2016 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
Trance- said:
95PercentCaim said:
The Bed of Chaos
The first mimic you meet
Gravelord Nito

I only remember a few so let me address them:
The two archers in Anor Londo fire the arrows which are too damn visible and will almost inevitably miss you on the first shot. The only confirm-shot is when you get up on that ledge and are walking towards them.

The traps in Sen's fortress are discernible. You set a foot on the trigger and you hear the sound. You also, for God's sake, see the arrows coming. Matter of reflexes - pretty sure every game utilizes that.

The Capra Demon and his tow dogs are also a matter of reflexes. It's not an absolutely unavoidable situation.

The rest are, I'm sure, either a matter of reflexes or again obvious enough to be dodged at the right time. Still, these are 9 instances out of a whole game. Much to account for? And don't poke at the element of surprise. That's a fundamental part of every game. I'm sure I didn't wish for a guide telling me that Priscilla will turn invisible when I encountered her.
Except reflex completely clashes with the design philosophy of Dark Souls's gameplay so that's not really excusable. Most of the combat in Dark Souls is based on timing, pacing, and cold calculation of enemy movement and attacks.

And if you're saying those cheap shots are the elements of surprise at work, it's not really a good use of it at all either. The tutorial demon popping out of nowhere with the beginner's message stating "RUN" is a good use of the element of surprise. The Bell Gargoyle calling in another friend to fight after 60% HP is a good use of the element of surprise.
Throwing blows in a "Hey think fast!" manner that would kill you unless you had prior knowledge of what those surprises were, are not good uses of the element of surprise.
Apr 11, 2016 2:53 AM

Nov 2015
95PercentCaim said:
Except reflex completely clashes with the design philosophy of Dark Souls's gameplay so that's not really excusable. Most of the combat in Dark Souls is based on timing, pacing, and cold calculation of enemy movement and attacks.

And if you're saying those cheap shots are the elements of surprise at work, it's not really a good use of it at all either. The tutorial demon popping out of nowhere with the beginner's message stating "RUN" is a good use of the element of surprise. The Bell Gargoyle calling in another friend to fight after 60% HP is a good use of the element of surprise.
Throwing blows in a "Hey think fast!" manner that would kill you unless you had prior knowledge of what those surprises were, are not good uses of the element of surprise.

Except reflexes matter a lot in Dark Souls. It's not a turn-based RPG. When the boss lands swift blows, the only thing that matters is your reflexes - how fast you press the dodge button.

Seriously, many of the things you mentioned I cleared them in the first run. And if repetition is contentious then a friendly reminder: Dark Souls is about repetition - theme wise or otherwise.

Philosophy of Dark Souls reminds me...
Apr 11, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
Trance- said:
Except reflexes matter a lot in Dark Souls. It's not a turn-based RPG. When the boss lands swift blows, the only thing that matters is your reflexes - how fast you press the dodge button.
No, you're wrong. Reflexes are based on involuntary actions. You watching the boss, waiting for it to atack and then timing your roll is not a reflex-based action because all of that was voluntary on your side.

Seriously, many of the things you mentioned I cleared them in the first run. And if repetition is contentious then a friendly reminder: Dark Souls is about repetition - theme wise or otherwise.

Provide actual reasoning. I'm not going to waste 13 minutes of my time watching some hackjob e-celeb spew out another "philosophy" video like the rest of the Souls autists on youtube. And no, repetition (or the real word used here, reincarnation) is the philosophy behind the narrative, not the gameplay.
Apr 11, 2016 3:38 AM

Nov 2015
95PercentCaim said:
Trance- said:
No, you're wrong. Reflexes are based on involuntary actions. You watching the boss, waiting for it to atack and then timing your roll is not a reflex-based action because all of that was voluntary on your side.

Provide actual reasoning. I'm not going to waste 13 minutes of my time watching some hackjob e-celeb spew out another "philosophy" video like the rest of the Souls autists on youtube. And no, repetition (or the real word used here, reincarnation) is the philosophy behind the narrative, not the gameplay.

Are we using the biological definition of reflexes? Goodness...
What about faster hack n slash games then? or well, fast FPS? are no games then reflexes-based?

The video is a light-hearted joke bro
Apr 11, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2007
Trance- said:

Absolutely Wrong. Its about strategy and timing. And recognizing what the boss is doing. Its not about Skill. Its about Learning. And its about patience.

This lays it down perfectly:
Apr 11, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
Trance- said:

Absolutely Wrong. Its about strategy and timing. And recognizing what the boss is doing. Its not about Skill. Its about Learning. And its about patience.

Why is Dark Souls called a 'hack n slash' then?

Also, on the first encounter with a boss, do you rely on experience when you see him attacking from the left or the right? I mean, you never saw his attacks before and he suddenly lands an attack. He's swift, he's fast - do you react based on what you don't yet have a.k.a experience?
Apr 11, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
Trance- said:
Fai said:

Also, on the first encounter with a boss, do you rely on experience when you see him attacking from the left or the right? I mean, you never saw his attacks before and he suddenly lands an attack. He's swift, he's fast - do you react based on what you don't yet have a.k.a experience?
Taking some reference from the video: Even if you are terribly shit at the game, reading a guide and being patient can quite easily enough let you down a boss the first time you encounter it. No experience truly needed.
Apr 11, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2015
nep-nep said:
Trance- said:

Taking some reference from the video: Even if you are terribly shit at the game, reading a guide and being patient can quite easily enough let you down a boss the first time you encounter it. No experience truly needed.

I didn't even watch the (full) video but that proved my point.
Apr 11, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2007
nep-nep said:
Trance- said:

Hell you don't even need a guide.

AS the video puts it - the whole concept of souls game is about a hero who dies and returns again and again.

The very nature of the game allows you to try out new things without the need of perfectly dodging every attack. Its all about paying attention to your surroundings.

Its not a game that you suddenly can't play unless you are some MLG pro. Even the worst player ever has a way to progress through the game.
Apr 12, 2016 12:18 AM

Jan 2015
Kinda wish Firelink Shrine's theme was a throwback to DaS1's Firelink Shrine theme.
Apr 12, 2016 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
Spent about an hour wandering the cemetery of ash and firelink shrine just trying to figure out where to go to next. I'm legitimately lost.

I killed the weeaboo and the diamond dog shitter so I literally have nothing to do now.
Apr 12, 2016 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
95PercentCaim said:
Spent about an hour wandering the cemetery of ash and firelink shrine just trying to figure out where to go to next. I'm legitimately lost.

I killed the weeaboo and the diamond dog shitter so I literally have nothing to do now.

There's like an opening in the pillars above the thrones in Firelink. It's to the left, up some stairs, I think. From the entrance.
Apr 12, 2016 6:20 AM

Apr 2012
"Turn back"
Fuck you.

The dog was easier than the boss.
Anyway, I have the same issue like Caim but my game crashed and I was like "OK, that bored me.", so I'll play later.

Autocrat said:
Apr 12, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
Finally figured out how to progress. I was supposed to get there by teleporting from the bonfire...

Killed the second boss and now heading to the third. Starting to like this fire keeper a lot. She's waifu
Apr 12, 2016 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
I'm getting crashes constantly. So I couldn't get to the second boss.

Autocrat said:
Apr 12, 2016 8:28 PM

Nov 2015
Game is awesome so far!!! Did experience a bug at the
boss where my friend and I couldn't kill him/her. Not really a big deal though given there was a bonfire close by but still it needs a fix. Rest of the game is awesome so far though.
Apr 13, 2016 5:00 AM

Jan 2016
hey guys! guys! is it good is it good? i have the other two and i dont even started playing them yet, question: like, serious question: can i start playing this one without having played the previous two and everything will be fine? i've been reading people saying this is the best dark souls, can i? i can, right? right? :D
Apr 13, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2015
Sakuraoka said:
hey guys! guys! is it good is it good? i have the other two and i dont even started playing them yet, question: like, serious question: can i start playing this one without having played the previous two and everything will be fine? i've been reading people saying this is the best dark souls, can i? i can, right? right? :D

You can. But play the other two first.

I'd mostly suggest this for lore purposes, really. You'll get a kick out of all the overlaps here and there. The stories are all connected in a cyclic way, so I recommend it.

Remember, read all the item descriptions. :)
Apr 13, 2016 5:13 AM

Jan 2016
Toasty_One said:
Sakuraoka said:

I'd mostly suggest this for lore purposes, really. You'll get a kick out of all the overlaps here and there. The stories are all connected in a cyclic way, so I recommend it.

but but but... dude, thats like 200+ hours of gaming, sorry but no way bro, maybe another time, but i feel like starting from the III because the graphics are better, i can, right? RIGHT? :D
Apr 13, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2015
Sakuraoka said:
Toasty_One said:

but but but... dude, thats like 200+ hours of gaming, sorry but no way bro, maybe another time, but i feel like starting from the III because the graphics are better, i can, right? RIGHT? :D

There's no problem with that. The graphics don't look too bad to me for the originals really, even on the Xbox.

But you should really get around to the other games some day, if you get interested in the lore.

Also, I'm pretty sure III is going to spoil I for you, from what I've played so far.

Up to you.
Status_EffectApr 13, 2016 5:23 AM
Apr 13, 2016 5:20 AM

Jan 2016
Toasty_One said:
Sakuraoka said:

Thre's no problem with that. The graphics don't look too bad to me for the originals really, even on the Xbox.

But you should really get around to the other games some day, if you get interested in the lore.

Also, I'm pretty sure III is going to spoil I for you, from what I've played so far.

Up to you.

oohh cool! oh well, spoil it is then, because uhh, shiny :D
Apr 13, 2016 5:45 AM

Jan 2016
nyaa got it! uh, forgot to add, no xbone something here, glorious masterrace i am :D
Apr 13, 2016 6:45 AM

Nov 2015
Sakuraoka said:
Toasty_One said:

If you want to fully experience the game in it's entirety and love the series play the other ones. If you honestly don't care and just want to beat up some cool monsters than I'd say still look up some lore videos online of the first 2 and just jump into 3. As a Souls veteran myself I'd still welcome you into the community if you did this. NO QUITTING! MAN UP AND FINISH THE FIGHT! Still though it'd be better in the long run if you played the other 2 first
Apr 13, 2016 7:19 AM

Apr 2014
My brother got the game yesterday, he has played both the first and second dark souls on the hardest difficulty and he died in the first 10 minutes of drak souls 3 2 times, so I guess the game is gonna be pretty hard xD
Apr 13, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
nyaaaa i just went back and its fully installed, oohh it looks good with all the masterrace gimmicks and forced to max in the driver, will try with dsr later :p
Apr 13, 2016 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
I'm either rusty or this game is completely different from Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2.

Seems more roll oriented and everything hits fast and hard.

I'm getting my ass handed by knights. Parrying is also weird, the parrying range is fucking minimal as shit for me.

Autocrat said:
Apr 13, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Just finished the Abyss Watchers fight.
Holy shit.
Had to put my big boy pants on.
Immahnoob said:
I'm either rusty or this game is completely different from Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2.

Seems more roll oriented and everything hits fast and hard.

I'm getting my ass handed by knights. Parrying is also weird, the parrying range is fucking minimal as shit for me.
You're not wrong, I was playing Dark Souls a couple weeks ago. The gameplay is very different from other Souls games. Playing it like previous Souls games will get you killed. It's basically Bloodborne with a Dark Souls skin now.

The game is more fast-paced and offense-oriented. Turtling up and playing slow is actually more risky than going all out offensive. Backstabs are also a lot easier to pull off so it's pretty obvious From wants players to play more aggressively. Rolling > Blocking from what I'm seeing right now.
PeenusWeenusCaimApr 13, 2016 5:11 PM
Apr 13, 2016 7:53 PM

Aug 2012
I think being aggressive only applies if youre fighting against normal enemies because the Poise here is exactly like Bloodborne. But fighting versus bosses ? Same rules applies I think, >learn attack pattern >don't be greedy >dodge roll everything

And yes, I think From wants players to roll than block. Some bosses can eliminate your stamina if you block because they have these super crazy attack combos. Therefore, it's better to dodge everything then retaliate than block and use all your stamina.

So far, I've managed to solo every boss that I came across.
http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4477-DARK-SOULS-III/Acropyre

Sorry i'm on ps4. Im not master race.
Apr 13, 2016 8:04 PM

Nov 2008
95PercentCaim said:
Rolling > Blocking from what I'm seeing right now.
That's every Souls game. I don't even use shields in Dark Souls II anymore.

Apr 14, 2016 12:09 AM

Nov 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
My brother got the game yesterday, he has played both the first and second dark souls on the hardest difficulty and he died in the first 10 minutes of drak souls 3 2 times, so I guess the game is gonna be pretty hard xD

There's only one difficulty level in Dark Souls and it's called 'Fuck you'.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

10 by Astachanna »»
17 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
21 minutes ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.