Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2010 7:08 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I never thought Sesshoumaru would use a dirty trick to get hold of Tetsusaiga >.< But at least Inuyasha didn't get defeated easily :D I really don't think Miroku has anything to fear at this point, it would be a while before his void went out of control^^
Jan 6, 2012 4:23 PM
Dec 2010
One thing i don't understand, that sword should transform under two condition when wielder is human(at least partly) and when he wants to protect humans, but there's evil demon with stolen hand who uses it for purpose of killing half-human and humans. That's contradiction isn't it?

it's nothing that serious but it made me think of how he does that. Maybe that hand wants to protect someone?
haha

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 20, 2012 11:01 AM

Jun 2009
I'd guess the Jewel Shard nulls the requirement of fighting for humans.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 20, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2007
greenmarty said:
One thing i don't understand, that sword should transform under two condition when wielder is human(at least partly) and when he wants to protect humans, but there's evil demon with stolen hand who uses it for purpose of killing half-human and humans. That's contradiction isn't it?

it's nothing that serious but it made me think of how he does that. Maybe that hand wants to protect someone?
haha

Sent with Mal Updater

The sword can only be wield with any one posseses yoki. Since human's do not have this power, they are unable to wield the tetsugua or unlock its full power. The barrier on the sword was created only to repel any yoakai not worthy of the sword such as sesshemoru. This barrior does not effect humans at all, as was the case when Kagome was carrying it and was not effected. The Demon fang from the great dog demon or inuyasha deceased father had these properties inbuid in them when the sword was created. (you learn more bout the origins of the sword later on)

So when sesshemaru used a human hand to carry the sword, he was able to use that hand with the tainted embedded jewel shard with the properties of "yoki" which basically gave the human hand the power to wield it. Together with the power of the yoki and the human hand, he was able to grasp the testugua and use its full power.

ArtimesGamerMar 20, 2012 2:43 PM

Oct 21, 2012 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
Kagome has been practicing with the bow? Nice shooting.
Apr 20, 2014 9:27 AM
Mar 2013
Kagome is definitely getting better with that arrow. She might even be a math for Kikyo someday. When she interfered with Sesshomaru I think he was out for her blood.

It would've been so interesting to see Miroku vs. Sesshomaru. I wanted to see how Sesshy would've dealt with that wind tunnel but unfortunately Naraku screwed up with that match up >:(
Aug 9, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2013
One of the better episodes yet! Naraku InuYasha's worst enemy and InuYasha's older brother Sessohomaru have now joined forces!? That is very scary. Sessohomaru was pretty badass and destructive in this episode, Naraku completely set up InuYasha and his friends with giving Sessohomaru a human hand with a shard in it and giving Sessohomaru a bee hive for Miroku's hand. Kagome was a badass when she shot that arrow at Sessohomaru and threatened him at the end. She even saved InuYasha! Very impressive for Kagome. Overall, very great episode. 5/5.

Jul 22, 2015 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
Ah, and here I thought Kagome had gone to get some antivenom, but instead she bring a bow, become a kickass and save the day.

Sesshoumaru have thrown his pride to the trash. That was really sneaky from him, going to the point of using the arm of a human, the creature he despise so much. I guess that just mean that he's clever enough to know when to lower his pride.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 25, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2012
Sesshomaru and Naraku in the same episode made my night. My two favourite characters in the same episode is just heart melting.

I just love how InuYasha never loses, even when he already lost.
Apr 29, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
Kagome being a bad ass, damn i like that girl !
Oct 24, 2016 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
Kagome saves the day for a refreshing change of pace :D Amazing archery girl!!
Apr 15, 2018 9:35 AM
Mar 2018
Big fan- This was a very nice action-y episode with some pre intense fighting.
Apr 9, 2019 7:26 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
So he tricked o use the sword, actually clever D:

Jun 19, 2019 8:00 PM
Apr 2016
Inuyasha's brother is back, and again, he's causing trouble. Him getting the sword sure made him way more powerful..
Aug 7, 2019 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
So sesshomaru and naraku work together, that will cause some trouble in the future

Jul 23, 2020 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing fight!!

Seems Miroku got shut down by those bees.

Can't wait for more fights!!
Aug 23, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
Great to see interesting loopholes being exploited; stealing a human arm so he can wield Tetsusaiga

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Dec 2007
first appearance of the long-run villain - naraku! i just can't remember why he hunts inuyasha.

i really wonder how though this is the first time for sesshomaru to get hold of the testsaiga he can already unleash it's full power while inuyasha do not know how.

shippo is literally useless.

and kagome's arrows seems to effect the same way as kikyou now, wonder if it's because what happened with kikyou, or her spiritual just getting stronger, really can't remember.
Aug 18, 2021 8:29 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, first time we see the big old baddy appearing. Sesshomaru was a bit too fast working together with him though imo, usually he's more suspicious and hostile.
Nov 3, 2021 12:14 PM
Apr 2018
I'm curious about whose arm is that.

That fang is extremely powerful. Makes me wonder how powerful will INUYASHA be if he ever were to become a full demon.

KAGOME surprises with her abilities and smartness.
Aug 1, 2022 9:15 AM

Jan 2018
Sesshomaru and Naraku are one dangerous combination.
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM
Jul 2021
it was dope that little man can fight for real

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.