Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2016 6:04 PM
Feb 2009
Thank you so much for allowing me to keep the old design. The whole reason I use this site is for its simplicity - it's not bloated and javascript-heavy like other similar sites.

I hope you add publication date/air date as a sortable column.
Feb 17, 2016 6:13 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, it really will only show max 300 entries? can anyone confirms if this is a bug or just garbage upgrade? too lazy to read almost 600 replies
Feb 17, 2016 6:49 PM

Oct 2007
Tenth said:
Wow, it really will only show max 300 entries? can anyone confirms if this is a bug or just garbage upgrade? too lazy to read almost 600 replies
Garbage update.

lotusanime said:
Thank you so much for allowing me to keep the old design. The whole reason I use this site is for its simplicity - it's not bloated and javascript-heavy like other similar sites.

I hope you add publication date/air date as a sortable column.
They will delete old style in unspecified future.
Feb 17, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2008
Is there any significant capabilities added that would be relevant once the new lists can use custom CSS aside from the way the list is loaded now?

bossfox said:
So...I liked the redesign. However, it's not only showing the first 300 and not loading any more of them, where previously it DID load the rest of the list. I've switched back to the old one for now. Once that bug gets fixed, I'd love to switch back. I totally support the new one but I really want to see my whole list...I know I'm not the only one making this complaint, so I have no doubt you're working on it. Keep up the good word! I really like the new list!

Its not a bug its a feature. Im not sure its bugged for you but for me it loads 300 and when I scroll down to the bottom of the page it loads more..
traedFeb 17, 2016 7:24 PM
Feb 17, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2014
I really like the nice design!

My only complaint is, It takes more time to load it up and might end up laggy. Also the "All Anime" section, can you divide the currently-watching/finished/hold/dropped/ptw like how it was back then?
Feb 17, 2016 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Wasn't sure if I was going to like the new list until I started playing around with the customizations.

I really like it! Much easier to read now and it's a bit cleaner.

Things you need to fix:

1. More customization options (Font style, more colors, etc.)
2. Definitely NEED spacing between the sections on the "All Anime" tab!
3. Make tags hideable to others. ( I use this to make notes for myself and don't want others to see my notes.)

Overall, it is a really nice improvement! I'm on Chrome and it loads fast (even with images) and lets me see my entire list with out ruining my eyes!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Feb 17, 2016 7:53 PM

Nov 2015
great, not bad, not bad
Feb 17, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2015
thankx
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2016 8:40 PM

Jan 2015
Wait, the list design shows a max of 300 anime?

Well that's balls. No one watches just 300 anime. The max should at LEAST be 1 million.
Feb 17, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2011
I'm using the new design right now and I could see the full list; over 300 anime

Feb 17, 2016 9:55 PM

Jan 2012
Ari_the_Lion said:
Wait, the list design shows a max of 300 anime?

Well that's balls. No one watches just 300 anime. The max should at LEAST be 1 million.

If you zoom in past 100% it will only load the first 300, but if not it will load more when you scroll down all the way. Still annoying, but not quite as bad.
Feb 17, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah that seems annoying.
I think I'll just stick to custom CSS coding.
Feb 17, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2015
Thanks, I LOVE it!!
Feb 18, 2016 12:08 AM
Jul 2014
Please keep the classic style as a permanent option. Easier on the eyes and simple enough for a junk machine to load.
Feb 18, 2016 12:36 AM

Aug 2012
Xinil said:
we’re providing the ability to revert and keep your list in the old format/design.

Thank you!! Hallelujah! I freaked out when I read the announcement title thinking that you guys are definitely forcing us to accept those changes.

I'm sticking with the old design. I might switch to the new one in the future, but for now, definitely sticking to the classic one.

I have a suggestion though. Actually, it's a little feature from the old design.
When hovering over the watching, completed, etc. categories, the number of entries in that section pops up. Can you add that to the new design? It really helps me tell how many entries are there without scrolling all the way to the bottom of the list. It also gives me the chance to decide if it's worth scrolling through the person's list if they have ALOT or very little entries.

Also, why is there a buffering signal at the bottom of the list? It shows up at the end in all of the categories. I'm guessing it's a bug.

EDIT: Oh! And also, when I click on an entry, it goes directly to the page instead of opening a new tab. Can you please make it open in a new tab instead of going to the entry on the same page? It really helps me a lot with how the old design works.
LiaevesFeb 18, 2016 1:40 AM
Feb 18, 2016 1:19 AM

Sep 2013
Thanks for the update on the list, with more work it could be ideal but...

I'd like to suggest at the very least, that there be more white space in the "All anime" section, the anime being squashed up like that despite the colour codes makes it more of an eyesore.

Which is why I've reverted back to the original style - more white space on the different sections when all the anime is being viewed (which is how my list is viewed for me all the time), CTRL+F is also better in the original because everything is there the moment I'm on, faster to load up and its better on the internet connection.

I'm sure there's more issues that were brought up, if those can be addressed or the very least we can keep both options open to revert and change as we please then this can work.

A side note: Hovering over a series to display the image would be an ideal option as well if we want to keep the image of the series but not have it displayed all at once, choking up our connection and inflating our list more than necessary.
Feb 18, 2016 1:23 AM

Jan 2015
That is much easy to customize now loved it awesome work.
Feb 18, 2016 1:39 AM

Feb 2011
trestkon said:
A side note: Hovering over a series to display the image would be an ideal option as well if we want to keep the image of the series but not have it displayed all at once, choking up our connection and inflating our list more than necessary.
nice idea,
most liked the images only cause they help them remember the series they forgot the name, but do they constantly forget all the series? if it's just a matter of remembering a serie, what you suggested is more efficient for the page load

Eucli said:
@Xinil
If there is anything that should be taken from this feedback, it's definitely that the user base doesn't want you to take away the default.
Please don't take it away.

yup, they don't gain anything for their members in removing the old
ZeandoFeb 18, 2016 1:42 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 18, 2016 2:00 AM

Apr 2014
Now give the option of using the old MAL layout please.
Feb 18, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2013
Zeando said:
trestkon said:
nice idea,
most liked the images only cause they help them remember the series they forgot the name, but do they constantly forget all the series? if it's just a matter of remembering a serie, what you suggested is more efficient for the page load

Exactly.

Right now the only option is to turn it on and off

I don't want it gone either since its a neat feature but just moderated.

Like you said people shouldn't constantly be forgetting all the time.

But if it IS the case (i know I forget sometimes especially if I knew the name in english more than japanese), hovering over it to display the image and reboot your memory is much better than always clicking and linking but at the same time (hopefully) save on load time and prevent list bloating (which overwhelms your mind).

If these things aren't implemented, hopefully there will be some CSS design features later on but again ideally it would be nice to have it as part of the default design so that people who don't know anything about CSS can at least have that to prevent the things mentioned.
Feb 18, 2016 2:04 AM

Aug 2012
NearSky said:

That's never gonna happen.
Feb 18, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2015
I like the update. Now I can customize the way my list looks to give it that shitty MS Paint appeal.
Feb 18, 2016 3:47 AM
Nov 2013
omg when I opened my list I freaked out I thought something was wrong but i just realized it was the new design anyway i like it, thanks for the hard work...
Feb 18, 2016 3:53 AM

Apr 2014
M00ner said:
NearSky said:

That's never gonna happen.

Yeah yeah I know, let me dream.

Well at least we have the extensions so its all good.
Feb 18, 2016 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Guys, it would be great if you could only notify every user about the new list design once. It shows up every time I open my list, I've seen it like ten times already.
Feb 18, 2016 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm, on my watching list, anime that I've listed as re-watching got bumped to the bottom of my list. Is this a bug in the new redesign?
Feb 18, 2016 5:02 AM
Jul 2015
I`m so glad you let us keep the old design.

New one is pretty fancy, but I still prefer the old one, as everything is kinda pretty visible first-sight and so. I do like that "html-like" aesthetic... lol :D
Feb 18, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2014
I really like it! pretty neat and is nice to see the cover of the anime right there :0
Nice job
「 will draw for anime figures (´・ω・`) 」

--> I post fun stuff and my art
Feb 18, 2016 5:38 AM
Oct 2007
Paulo27 said:
zeroryoko1974 said:
Would like it if they would add what year the anime aired and option to sort by that.
They could definitely do that, don't see why they haven't.

Reminder to check out Taiga which will improve your experience a lot in terms of updating and sorting.

Does it work with streaming, I do about 99% of my anime watching through CR and Funi streaming
Feb 18, 2016 6:03 AM

Mar 2014
zeroryoko1974 said:
Paulo27 said:
They could definitely do that, don't see why they haven't.

Reminder to check out Taiga which will improve your experience a lot in terms of updating and sorting.

Does it work with streaming, I do about 99% of my anime watching through CR and Funi streaming
It works with these.
Feb 18, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
ObliviousOkapi said:
Guys, it would be great if you could only notify every user about the new list design once. It shows up every time I open my list, I've seen it like ten times already.

it will probably be there for some time so that all users know about it i guess
it will be removed, probably, don't worry.
Feb 18, 2016 6:26 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not a fan, especially the banner is needlessly big. It also gets harder to scroll through it with a big list.
Switched back to classic.
Feb 18, 2016 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
Has MyAnimeList gone too far ?

(Both are gifs O_o)
Feb 18, 2016 6:34 AM
Aug 2013
Not bad like the new design, quite stylish,
Old one look to simple.
Feb 18, 2016 7:01 AM
Aug 2013
Xinil said:
I’m pleased to announce our latest addition to MyAnimeList - new anime and manga list designs!

First thing to note, like many of our other additions and features we’ve been implementing over the past year, this will be just the first phase of the list redesign. There will be additional phases that add missing or expected features in the near future.

Second, we’re providing the ability to revert and keep your list in the old format/design. New users and members that are using the ‘default list style’ will be automatically switched to the new design. If you’re using a custom list, your design should be untouched and stay as-is.

Third, we are keenly aware that the new list design does not currently offer the same flexibility as the old design. We assure you, this will be improved. The few new list shortcomings are a primary reason we have not discontinued the old design yet. As such, you cannot yet customize the CSS in the new list design. This feature will absolutely come in a later phase. Given this obstacle, we’ve added preset themes to choose from, five based on a white background and a four with a black background. We understand this isn’t a lot of customization at this point, so we’ll be working to quickly get more tools in your hands for our next phase.

Check out a screenshot of what the new default list design is changing to:

Please let us know what you think!

I will leave this site, if you ever remove the classic design.

Regarding the new design:
* Wastes a lot of vertical screen-space.
* Row height should be adjustable.
* Ability to turn off images (on a per-section-basis) is a must.

Side note: Have you ever thought to group related series (if it is a clear-cut sequel or OVA)?
Feb 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
I'm having some geocities vibe here. well, with the way I designed mines.
Feb 18, 2016 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
ObliviousOkapi said:

Seriously. The only way I've managed to stop it is by blocking the element with ublock.
Feb 18, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2014
BasedCereal said:
ObliviousOkapi said:

Seriously. The only way I've managed to stop it is by blocking the element with ublock.

I got this same problem, thought my iPad was tripping.
Feb 18, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
It has similar lag to hummingbird.me and it was the reason I didn't move over when the profile page changed. It was only a matter of time until the lists would be changed as well. At least for now it isn't forced onto us, for now anyway.

What is this need to modernise at the cost of slow down? Simple is always better.
Feb 18, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Echoing the other members in saying THANK YOU for keeping an option for classic and not forcing this change on us. I'll stick with classic for now, but I'll most likely play around with the new list design when I have time and ease into using it at my own pace.
Feb 18, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2014
KamSung said:
BasedCereal said:

I got this same problem, thought my iPad was tripping.

Personally I've only seen the notification twice and that was it.

But... I don't understand how many times people check their own list per day to get to a point of being this annoyed.

It takes like 1 second to click away, and it's only gonna be around temporarily.
Feb 18, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2016
Haven't played around with it as of yet, but at first glance, I prefer this modern design over the classic.
there are many worlds, but they share the same sky — one sky, one destiny
Feb 18, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2008
Moving series being rewatched to the bottom doesn't make much sense. When I have things sorted alphabetically I want them alphabetically, no exceptions.

CrazyBear said:
But... I don't understand how many times people check their own list per day to get to a point of being this annoyed.

It takes like 1 second to click away, and it's only gonna be around temporarily.
It doesn't matter how often you have to see and how much time it takes to close. It's an unnecessary and annoying distraction that shouldn't be there in the first place. You might get poked in the eye once and day but I guarantee you it will be annoying already the first time it happens.
AntanaruFeb 18, 2016 11:43 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2014
after the struggle I had to edit mine, will stick with it for a bit more time. but i think change is good. keep them coming!
Feb 18, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
I refuse to use modern style until it allows to load all my list entries (like classic one does)
Feb 18, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2011
ObliviousOkapi said:
it does that at every browser session for me, yep, a bit annoying, once is enough to get the message, if we're not changing to the new version it isn't cause we don't know it exixts

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 18, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
Loving the new list styles, especially the images part. Can't wait for transparency settings though... MUH BACKGROUND IS HIDDEN ( TAT)
Feb 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
traed said:
Is there any significant capabilities added that would be relevant once the new lists can use custom CSS aside from the way the list is loaded now?

bossfox said:
So...I liked the redesign. However, it's not only showing the first 300 and not loading any more of them, where previously it DID load the rest of the list. I've switched back to the old one for now. Once that bug gets fixed, I'd love to switch back. I totally support the new one but I really want to see my whole list...I know I'm not the only one making this complaint, so I have no doubt you're working on it. Keep up the good word! I really like the new list!

Its not a bug its a feature. Im not sure its bugged for you but for me it loads 300 and when I scroll down to the bottom of the page it loads more..

As I said in my post, it is not loading anything past 300. The first day of the new style it DID load past 300 after scrolling to the bottom, but now it won't do it anymore (and I have seen others complain about having the same problem, so it's affecting several of us). I definitely wouldn't call not being able to see my entire list a "feature".

*EDIT* I just switched back to check on the progress and it IS working again. I'm not sure what was causing it to not load previously (bug or browser issues), but it appears to be fixed, regardless.

*ANOTHER EDIT* Aaaaand...it stopped again loading them again. This is literally my only problem with this new list, and it's a pretty big problem. I'm not sure what the purpose of having to scroll down to load more titles is, but I honestly don't think this is the best way to handle it unless this bug can get worked out.
MajesticOtaKingFeb 18, 2016 2:16 PM
Feb 18, 2016 2:48 PM

May 2012
I liked this new design. There are some things i would like to see, but since it was already said that more things will be added i don't have anything more to say.
I despise woke people.
Feb 18, 2016 3:18 PM
Sep 2014
Hm, I like it, but it's "too big" for me, so I will use the old one, thanks for giving us the option to revert to the old style! :-)
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

236 by shadowZ390 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» List Title Toggle: Main Title, English, and more ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

109 by RED-clover12 »»
May 17, 5:06 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.