Feb 24, 2016 1:59 PM
Nov 2015
Had so much hype r it then after second do lost interest
Feb 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
You only noticed just now?
tsudecimo said:

Just because of an ending? that seems extreme.
The rest of the anime was terrible too so the ending was basically just the cherry on the top of the shit cake

i still do not understand what the fuck happened in that ending
it is probably one of the worst i have ever watched
Feb 24, 2016 2:03 PM
Dec 2012
Free! Eternal Summer is rated 8.0, you just can't trust people. The fan service abuse is really bad. Haven't scored yet, but if they keep on with that... it'll be low...
:v
Feb 24, 2016 2:15 PM
Sep 2014
MrAwesome2016 said:
Every KyoAni show that's not Nichijou is bad.

Yea, and Nichijou is such a great show.
Feb 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
eXtacy67 said:
With its score of 7.07 this is currently the lowest rated Kyoto Animation TV series.
doesnt this basically make them have the highest average rating out of all the major studios if their lowest rated show doesnt even go into the high 6.00's.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 24, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2015
hoopla123 said:
MAL users have shit taste.

what can we say?

this why i stick my ass to horror /psychological manga too much weeb in this site
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Comic_Sans said:
You only noticed just now?
The rest of the anime was terrible too so the ending was basically just the cherry on the top of the shit cake

i still do not understand what the fuck happened in that ending
it is probably one of the worst i have ever watched
Totally

I literally have no idea what happened at all
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 24, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2014
I like it. It can be entertaining at times. So much criticism. Don't expect studios to make #1 shows all the time. Eveyone needs to chill out and just enjoy what comes out. I don't understand why those that hate a show so much continue to watch/follow and criticize. It's so childish.

Like complaining non-stop is going to make it go away.

Also, Kyoukai no kanata was great. I loved it and its movies. Tamako Market look very interesting and is on my "to watch" list.
Feb 24, 2016 3:43 PM

May 2012
It's not, but it's one of the worst. Worst easily goes to one of the only shows I dropped 3 episodes in. I should have kept it dropped, but people told me "There is yuri!" So I watched more, there never really was yuri. I dropped it again! People assured me "There really is yuri this time!" I picked it up again. There never was yuri, just a whole lot of bait, and true boredom that made it so I had to struggle to stay awake throughout everything that wasn't Natsuki. I will admit it had some interesting episodes in the middle. If you don't know by now, this was Hibike Euphonium, AKA Sound Euphonium.

I'll probably finish this show out, but it's really horribly boring, and just lacks anything to really interest me. I almost dropped it episode 7, but cats! I have a major bias towards cats. Episode 8 was just more of the reason why this show has no purpose in existing. All it has going for it is Kyo-Ani's animation/art. That's literally it.

Reina COULD have been interesting, Kyo-ani could have done SOMETHING with her. But nope. They just kinda swept it under the rug and took away the one thing that could have saved this show, in favor of making it feel further like some cheap harem anime, but not really letting itself even be that.

The wait continues for Chuuni 3...
Feb 24, 2016 4:37 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
QWERTYFish25 said:
Weak-ass "useless" punching bag protagonist, check.
Obnoxious big-boobed chick, check.
Wallflower-ish shy girl, check.
Annoying side character, check.
Aloof ice queen, check.
Mediocre plot that's unnecessarily convoluted and forces kids to take the role of special forces, check.
Protagonist that somehow gets through to any girls problems, check.
Obstructive, time-consuming fan-service, check.

This literally sums up every KyoAni show for the past few years. So I'm not exactly sure why people are expecting anything different from them at this point.
Feb 24, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
Dropped Kyoukai no Kanata by episode 6, just didn't like the plot.

As a pervert, Phantom World is great, since it distracts the poorly-done anime.
Feb 24, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2010
since its worse than free, i gave it 3/10
dropped...just when i feel like starting to watch kyonai show again....
Feb 24, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2014
Good opening dumb characters plot ridiculous
Start of episode like some brain games on National Geographic
Feb 24, 2016 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
It's one of the worst Kyoto Animation work I've seen so far.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 24, 2016 8:19 PM
Jan 2015
Show isn't bad, I currently have it at a 7. Though this weeks episode was pretty bad I have to admit.
My Queens

Feb 24, 2016 8:58 PM
May 2015
dropped it, it was just fan service with nothing to offer imo
Feb 24, 2016 9:14 PM

Aug 2015
I found this show pretty average but the latest episode was just cringeworthy. I haven't seen all of KyoAni's shows but yes; this is my least favourite out of all of their shows that I've seen.
Feb 24, 2016 9:18 PM

Jan 2013
Kystril said:

Haha, like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is any better :D
Feb 24, 2016 9:29 PM
May 2015
CondemneDio said:
Kystril said:

wtf y u dissing my waifu's show kappa, at times it was boring but still enjoyed it unlike this show
rip@ep1
Feb 24, 2016 9:37 PM

Apr 2015
I'd say yeah. It's not the worst of the Winter season but I would say it's KyoAni's worst show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2016 10:04 PM

Sep 2013
Worst KyoAni anime to me is Tamako Market. The movie redeemed it though.
Feb 25, 2016 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
Yes. It's only making money to help fund their better series like Sound Euphonium and the non-existent season 2 of Nichijou.
Feb 25, 2016 2:04 AM

Aug 2013
People dissing this show probably ironically fans of shit like High School DxD lol
Feb 25, 2016 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
Freestyle80 said:
People dissing this show probably ironically fans of shit like High School DxD lol

This might be the wrongest assumption I've read all week, I would actually bet a lot of money on the exact opposite O_O
Feb 25, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2015
Kyoto made many more shits about which u never heard & u'dnt like to hear.
It has low score cuz ppl expected piece of heaven....
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Feb 25, 2016 3:21 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Most users just rate it low cause it got fanservice, however users like me love it :^)

Gator said:
Freestyle80 said:

This might be the wrongest assumption I've read all week, I would actually bet a lot of money on the exact opposite O_O

Indeed, fans of DxD would rather like it.
Feb 25, 2016 4:06 AM

May 2012
No, it is probably the best Kyoto show

THe others ones like Amagi Brilliant Park, Chuunibyou demo and Suzumiya Haruhi are so boring. I dropped then after watching few episodes. No idea why they rated so high
Feb 25, 2016 4:39 AM
Dec 2009
eXtacy67 said:
RickRoss-Sama said:
Nothing will ever surpass the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yeah the Endless Eight arc was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen in a show.

I think a lot of people here have blocked endless eight from their memory, haha.
Feb 25, 2016 5:04 AM
Aug 2014
SAO is rated higher than most KyoAni shows, and it's done by an inferior studio, but is that good ? No.
Is clannad after story the perfect romance to exist? No.
The problem that lies here is that people rate based on their enjoyment, so if they miss something they automatically label it shit, and if they DO enjoy something, they automatically label it very good or even the best!
But as time has proven here that Kyoto Animation have a fan base, they make the same stuff and their fans love it, no matter how "generic" or "bad" the original source is, they'll take it, and make it into a bigger joke, but coming from people that want action and story telling that can rival something that they percive "good" they'll drop it down, sure it has fanservice. But if it sells and knows it's a joke, you can easily give it credit for it be mindless fun. Also they ALTER the original source of their adaptions so they can do shit with 'em. I'm willing to say that Phantom World, as a joke is quite amusing, but as a serious show... CAN YOU EVEN TAKE THIS SERIOUS? LOOK AT EP 3! Sorry, but if people want all the shows they're watching have a story, they'll have to look else where.
Feb 25, 2016 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
Does anyone know how much is this popular in Japan?
Feb 25, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2015
Hydra0411 said:
Does anyone know how much is this popular in Japan?
it has pretty good tv ratings.

anyway as for me, yes, as far as kyoani shows i watch. kyokai no kanata has shit ending, but has glorious fuyukai desu. but suzumiya haruhi second season also can take a cake.
Seppiroth32 said:
SAO is rated higher than most KyoAni shows, and it's done by an inferior studio

a1 pictures by no mean impossible inferrior to kyoani.
KumaFeb 25, 2016 6:38 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 25, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2015
Yup, it's bad. Still better than 90% of all anime, but KyoAni is that top 10%.
Feb 25, 2016 7:21 AM

Jan 2015
It sure is the best one in terms of animation and visuals.
But I don't think that this is the worst one. Suzumiya was boring as hell. Couldn't finish it.
Feb 25, 2016 8:37 AM
Aug 2014

They are, they don't bother fixing their animation errors, poorly direct their shows, and have minimal budget due to much shows per season.
Kyoto Animation do a show each 6-12 months depending on how they feel like it. They earn 2000x more than A-1. And they fix most of their animation mistakes properly, again, they stay consistent. With one staff handling almost all of their shows, character designs and such.
Feb 25, 2016 8:49 AM

Jun 2013
I don't know... guess it's the same as K-On in my opinion (I know K-On has like a 8 or something, but I don't like that anime).
Feb 25, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
Considering this show hasn't yet completed, and I haven't seen all of KyoAni's shows, I can't say this one is their worst.
That said, 'Phantom World' seems pretty average so far - which makes it look bad compared to the studio's higher standards. What bothers me about 'Phantom World' is it doesn't seem to use its potential. It COULD get really weird & clever with its world (like 'Haruhi Suzumiya'); it COULD push its humor and be a lot more snarky or goofy (like 'Lucky Star' or 'Nichijou'); it COULD build character arcs to get us more invested in said characters (like 'Chuunibyo'); but these things don't happen. We get a little of those things, but not enough to be as interesting as its predecessors.
Oh, and Haruhiko's kind of boring. One of my favorite aspects of many KyoAni shows is their snarky/mischievous male leads. Haruhiko's something of a pushover; he doesn't play off the females as well as, say, Kyon or Yuuichi or Tomoya, who can deliver a retort in any situation or even dish out the abuse themselves (in far funnier ways, too).
Feb 25, 2016 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
People will ALWAYS find something (no matter how tiny it is) to hate or they won't feel happy.
Oh, and in my opinion, it's better than Free.
Feb 25, 2016 6:06 PM

Aug 2011
Haven't watched this new show nor I plan to, but did they manage to top Lucky Star & Tamako Market? Wow
Feb 25, 2016 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
CondemneDio said:
Kystril said:

That's exactly what I thought while reading his comment..
Feb 25, 2016 7:40 PM
Dec 2010
Ckan said:
I wonder if there is anyone here who has actually seen all of Kyoani's shows.

I have. Kyoani series tier list:

Amazing:
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Hyouka
Haruhi

Good/great:
K-On
Lucky Star
Clannad
Kanon

Alright:
Full Metal Panic! Second Raid
Hibike! Euphonium
Chuunibyou
Nichijou

Meh:
Free
Amagi Brilliant Park
Tamako Market
Kyoukai no Kanata

Terrible:
Air
Musaigen no Phantom World

At least Phantom World is not as bad as that HaruChika.......... so as a whole Kyoani has a great track record I guess.
scytheavatarFeb 25, 2016 7:45 PM
Feb 25, 2016 7:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
so is my show gonna drop below a 7?

for me

7 = like it

6 = meh

5 = wtf?
Feb 25, 2016 8:19 PM

Mar 2015
Seppiroth32 said:

They are, they don't bother fixing their animation errors, poorly direct their shows, and have minimal budget due to much shows per season.
Kyoto Animation do a show each 6-12 months depending on how they feel like it. They earn 2000x more than A-1. And they fix most of their animation mistakes properly, again, they stay consistent. With one staff handling almost all of their shows, character designs and such.
if we are talking abot animation quality, of course kyoani will supperior. they has solid fanbase and have less shows each year.

but as money flows, i find A-1 picture has less risky about thier industries. they don't have any problem if one of their shows flopping. look what happened to manglobe.

this current season, A-1 do 3 seasonal shows, 1 long run, and 3 movies and 1 special!

as for anime budget, it's not determined by studio, but by producer. each series has different budget given. if you want to rant about it, blame the producer (excpet studio is part of producer, and i rarely see A-1 being producer. funny enough kyoani is the one usually does this).
KumaFeb 25, 2016 8:32 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 25, 2016 8:32 PM

Feb 2010
since when did 7 mean bad? the shows great but no masterpiece so far at lest. also its still on going so the score might improve. but man why do people in mal treat anything below an 8 as bad.... makes no sense i would be more worried if the show was a 4 or lower
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 26, 2016 3:44 AM
Aug 2014
Kuma said:
Seppiroth32 said:

if we are talking abot animation quality, of course kyoani will supperior. they has solid fanbase and have less shows each year.

but as money flows, i find A-1 picture has less risky about thier industries. they don't have any problem if one of their shows flopping. look what happened to manglobe.

this current season, A-1 do 3 seasonal shows, 1 long run, and 3 movies and 1 special!

as for anime budget, it's not determined by studio, but by producer. each series has different budget given. if you want to rant about it, blame the producer (excpet studio is part of producer, and i rarely see A-1 being producer. funny enough kyoani is the one usually does this).

There was a time where A-1 Did 5 seasonals, and in all of them, the writing was god awful, the animation fit only for one of the shows because of constraint so the studio will not flop, and unlike kyo ani which have the same people working on this, A-1 staff isn't consistent thus leading to a drop in quality, I get what you mean, but still doesn't change the fact that whatever they adapt is mostly cringeworthy compared to Kyoani's mess, so by all means, if you see A-1 animate a LN or manga, read it beforehand to spot the inconsistencies. (+ Most A-1 shows aren't changed from the TV air or have minimal changes) but that's a separate topic that we can discuss in P.M, my point is that Phantom world isn't as cringeworthy as most make it out to be.
Feb 26, 2016 5:09 AM

May 2010
Chuunibyou 2nd season was a bit worse imo.
Feb 26, 2016 5:17 AM

Jan 2011
TragicRomance said:
Chuunibyou 2nd season was a bit worse imo.
Nah, it was way more tolerable. It least you knew what you were getting into. I dunno if this wants to be SOL with fantasy elements, action with SOL or what. It just seems all over the place. None of the characters are likable at this point. It just goes in a circle with a monster-of-the-week tune. But it fails at that too. I'm only watching it because I keep on running out of things to watch while eating and I hate re-watching while eating, no matter how good the show is. But even then I find myself scarfing down my food just to turn it off or try to make sense of it. Either that or so I can look into Mai's plot but even that is pretty meh now, I wish it would've just stuck to EP 1's "physics" and it would've at least had some reason in my HD but now it's like watching a watered down Kyokai no Kanata mixed in with Azumanga Daioh. That was WAY better than this minus the bullshit ending. Perhaps it's due to me being able to watch the whole thing at my own pace. Shows can lose momentum when they span 3-6 months I guess. Even with Owari no Seraph I found myself skipping a week here and there because of a shitty episode thrown into the mix.
QWERTYFish25Feb 26, 2016 5:20 AM
Feb 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Jul 2011
This is the first time i dropped Kyoani's anime after only one episode, well I'm not actually dropping it, i just... i just dont know why i cant force myself to watch episode 2, i don't have any problem with fanservice and i love the art, but maybe the writing...... or the unfunny comedy... idk i dont really hate it, it's just... MEH....

So i'm indifference about this anime, i will just ignore it just like some worthless trash i saw on the street, imo the worst kyoani show that frustrates me with their idiotic writing is Kyoukai no Kanata.

Best kyoani show (the one i enjoyed the most) definitely K-ON and FMP, haven't watched Suzumiya Haruhi but i heard good things about it
Feb 26, 2016 6:55 AM
Dec 2015
my conclusion is the following one for this show (after I read your comments and watched so far all the current episodes) , Myriad Colors Phantom World : beside the specific , updated-ish animation of Kyoto Animation ; its somewhat original plot ( something that kinda got inspired, not copy pasted, from Chuunibyou , in my opinion ) its so-so soundtracks ; some funny moments , some fan service moments, some dumb character types; it is a good , avarege series (this is not even horrible or worst from Kyoto Animation , unless you got some high tastes in anime or high problems of exaggeration) , but if you want something above average , keep waiting and trying out new series , or dig an older series (starting from the year 2009 , just so you dont get slapped in the face with older animation types that , you might not like). Anything else ?
TheC0pyC4tFeb 26, 2016 7:13 AM
Feb 27, 2016 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think about this as something worth labeled as worst. It certainly is lacking in many aspects, but main issue is enjoinment, it's just too plain. I fail to care about any of the characters here and there is no need for watching more episodes. Average show, that didn't catch my interest.
Feb 27, 2016 11:14 AM

Nov 2010
No, that honor goes to Hyouka.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.