Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2015
Jeez, why is this anime so good??? It makes 22 minutes feel like 5 every single episode...

That cliffhanger though... I'm really worried now :C
Jan 28, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
Though I knew that something was going to go wrong this episode and was waiting for it throughout, I still thought it was great. While some might call it predictable, I had no idea what the "bad thing" would be or when it would come, so I was on the edge of seat the entire time. Satoru's anxiety and anticipation was palpable, and I could certainly sympathize. This show has made me care.

There were some scenes I enjoyed in particular. The scene where Satoru experiences memories of the previous timeline alongside the current one, depicted in the show's near-constant motif of running film, was fantastic, as was his worry that Kayo's death may be inevitable and her path already predetermined. The entire concept gave me Steins;Gate vibes while still striking it's own unique sense of dread, which I applaud it for.

The scene where he stands outside her house with a clock waiting for the day to end was also noteworthy to me. And, of course, there was the cliffhanger moment at the end of the episode that we all knew was coming but still hit pretty hard. Poor Kayo. She's dead, isn't she? :(

In terms of character, the continually growing relationship between Kayo and Satoru is heartwarming to watch, and his occasional outbursts of his real thoughts (represented by both his voice actors talking over each other) continue to be humorous and well-done. Shout out to Satoru's mom for being especially awesome this episode.

On a less positive note, I noticed that the rather unsubtle scene at the end of Episode 3 with Kenya and the teacher was not revisited or addressed in this episode. I guess the meaning behind it will have to be fodder for the future? Still, I thought it was kind of cheap just to throw that in at the last minute just to pretend like it never happened. And if it was intended as foreshadowing, it was a little obnoxious.

I definitely haven't been disappointed with this show yet, and I hope it continues to perform as well as it has been.
MagisterEquitumJan 28, 2016 12:42 PM
Jan 28, 2016 12:39 PM
Nov 2012
Why isn't NTR a label yet?
Jan 28, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
I'm so engrossed in this story that I was literally smiling through the whole episode, seeing their interactions with each other. The part when he said you're pretty, and someone said ' Are they going to get married? killed me xD.
It was all going so well but that fucking ending. I was so happy, and why they got to do me like that? That cliffhanger... Got to wait another week.

Jan 28, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
I really hope Kayo is not dead. I love the couple they made so much, they look really good together. This show manages to picture the emotions and the dessesperation in the end really well. Please, don't kill kayo.

Sep 2015
I want to read the manga so badly now, this cliffhanger is too powerful

Jul 2013
Man, Hinazuki is definetly best girl this season... So far this series has far surpassed my expectations, I hope it can maintain the high quality until the end...

Also for any brazilians out there all I could think of through this episode was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXkmONGMhNc
Jan 28, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2011
This show continues to do some terrible things to my poor kokoro.
Jan 28, 2016 1:07 PM

Aug 2012
This shit gets me anxious every time something happy happens...
Jan 28, 2016 1:07 PM

May 2012
NOOOOOOO! Everything was going so perfect! Why!?

Damn another great episode. Loved how this episode was done. The whole time it was just good vibes. I really thought he had fixed everything and was going to wake up back home (his apartment).

But no. I can't really think of what happened. Did Hinazuki get abused again or did she get kidnapped? I feel like if she did get kidnapped then he would go back to the time he messed up. I hope its just abuse and that the mom couldn't heal her up in time. I mean that sucks, but at least she is alive.

Damn whoever directed this episode set that shit up perfectly. I really thought everything was good. I mean everybody was happy.

Damn I can't wait for next week.
AntearionJan 28, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 28, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2015
God, It's been just 4 weeks and I'm already in love with Kayo... Help me.
Jan 28, 2016 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
Antearion said:

and if you ever watched Steins; Gate.. this one surely will give you thrill because you've learn that changing the future and avoid someone's death is not a simple thing.

"Baka nano?" I love it when she' saying that
Jan 28, 2016 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
An amazing episode.

That cliffhanger!

I love seeing satoru and hinazuki getting closer
Jan 28, 2016 1:15 PM
Nov 2009
They were too happy this whole episode so something bad was bound to happen.
Jan 28, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2012
martelor said:
Antearion said:

and if you ever watched Steins; Gate.. this one surely will give you thrill because you've learn that changing the future and avoid someone's death is not a simple thing.

"Baka nano?" I love it when she' saying that

Yes I have and that makes this even better then. Beacuse that's what I loved about Steins; Gate. Thanks for letting me know.
Jan 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Jan 2015
Next two episodes are going to give every one of the Anime watchers chills, lol.
Jan 28, 2016 1:24 PM

Aug 2015
Loved this episode! Satoru's mother is awesome! Kayo is so cute! And damn...that cliffhanger!! We'll have to wait one more week...

Jan 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
"Save the loli. Save the world."

Fail.
dankzelJan 28, 2016 1:33 PM
Jan 28, 2016 1:28 PM

Oct 2013
Roberta_Cojones said:
Sokah said:
Good but there are a few MAJOR problems. He keeps saying he's 29, but he really does act like a little kid. Also why does he think getting past the day will save her, it's not the day that kills her... Really everything he's doing isn't making a whole lot of sense to prevent her from being killed. I mean, think about it, if you went back in time to prevent someone from being killed by a serial killer, would you be doing what he's doing? Maybe if you really were a little kid, but not a 29 year old surely.

yes and no.
He interpreted that she particularly was killed because she was alone in the park, meaning no friends and isolated. So he became her friend and hangout with her all the time and making things better by joining his group of friends too. And it was reasonable enough to think she wasn't going to be killed because she made it to the her house where her parents can ''protect''. He acts like a kid because he is a kid, not mentally but physically and he can't raise suspicions in his attitudes towards everybody.
Now the thing i don't understand is why doesn't he begin a investigation when he had time, for crying out loud, he should have thought that the kidnapper would still attack her or someone else, that's what that kind of people do.

how are you supposed to begin a investigation if you dont have more crucial hints, and being a child means be limited to take action
Jan 28, 2016 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
Damnit I knew the episode was going to end with something bad

Looks like Satoru was focusing too much on getting through X Day, guess the culprit had other plans

Someone give Satoru's mom a medal
Jan 28, 2016 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
I knew something bad would happen. But I was sure it would have been the thief girl that was going to be kidnapped, as Saturo's actions kinda made her an outcast.

But I am not very good at predicting these things. Didn't even see the real cliffhanger coming.
Jan 28, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2015
Just knew something bad was going to happen at the end there. The more feel-good the episode is, the worse the gut-punch that you know is coming will be.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 28, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
Smudy said:
I'm starting to believe that this will get a second season with this pacing you guys are all talking about.

So much this....

I think the last one I've watched and got so hooked to the point of watching the entire series in such a short time span was Black Lagoon a few weeks ago and it's funny because I've avoided B.Lagoon for years and I can't wait for more Inai episodes because of the sensation this series gives.

It is like watching Steins;Gate, Umineko and Higurashi at the same time, you have to gather the pieces and wait for the unexpected.
Jan 28, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2013
Haha, Satoru needs to stop thinking out loud. But then, they always lead to some hilariously awkward moments so.. :P
Jan 28, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Such a great episode. You're kinda kept at the edge of your seat the whole time since you feel anything can happen to Hinazuki at just about any moment. I love the bond they were starting to develop and of course, they leave us with such a cliffhanger too.

I feel like they're just fucking with us though. My guess is that they're just trying to make us think she's dead but she probably just caught a cold due to working on Satoru's present what I assume was all night but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case anyways.
Jan 28, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
I just knew this was going to happen. I was literally muttering "she gon' die" to myself for the entire episode. T_T

I don't read the manga, but I'm starting to worry about the pacing too, after seeing so many manga readers talk about it. In my experience, a lot of A-1's anime start out great but then flop later on. I hope that doesn't happen with this one, but I wouldn't be surprised. :(
Jan 28, 2016 1:55 PM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
The cliffhanger kinda worries me though.

everyone worried about it.

okay, he can avoid the worst future, but obviously, something more horrible will happen because this is still episode four. and that horrible thing, i don't kinda want to see and want to know what just happen to her at the end.
and that birthday time or the happy time...that was just to make you more ensure or convince the watcher that Kayo is safe. she won't die and when the truth comes, everyone get shocked very hard by the twist. obvious i didn't get in the flow because this is still freaking episode 4. something more terrible will happen.

sorry for bad english
YizelTroJan 28, 2016 2:00 PM
Jan 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2014
I knew it was too good to be true T-T

I have a strong feeling shit is going to hit the fan in the next episodes

Jan 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Oct 2015
Dude, Satoru's has some fucking guts. Next he will "Accidently" call her his wife. And everybody will just be pleased about it lol.
Jan 28, 2016 2:10 PM
Oct 2012
Thought so.
I knew she will die on her birthday.
Too bad for you.
Jan 28, 2016 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
Very enjoyable once again. Nostalgic and fun to see their relationship. Kind of worried about where the story will go but have high hopes.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Jan 28, 2016 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
If I could rate this anime an 11/10, I would.
When I had only watched 2 episodes, I already rated this a 10/10 and yet it's still getting better and better!
I love this anime :D
Jan 28, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
did anybody noticed that kayo´s mother eyes turned red _
Jan 28, 2016 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
Segneal said:
did anybody noticed that kayo´s mother eyes turned red _

I noticed that as well, I wonder what's up with that. :o
Jan 28, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2013
This episode was so satisfying.Beautiful.The gloves at the end teared me up a bit,but please for the love of god,be safe Kayo :'(
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Jan 28, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
I really don'y want hinzauki to die- she's the cutest.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 28, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 2012
zerorequiem_ said:
Smile to a frown real quick.

Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.

Generic? How so?
This concept is done often in novels and visual novels the whole go back in time and do it over again. It's not done often in manga/anime but it's still a really generic concept overall.
Jan 28, 2016 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
The suspense... o_o
I got what I expected. The bad ending was kind of obvious and yet I was nervous all along about what was gonna happen. Great episode.
Jan 28, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2013
aku_haru said:
Of course something had to go wrong, it is still the fourth episode ww
Hinazuki said some things that made my theory
seem credible

おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jan 28, 2016 2:36 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
if Hinazuki won't survive by end of the series... I'll go mad.
Jan 28, 2016 2:40 PM

Feb 2015
that was such a tense episode you knew despite all the things that went right that it was setting you up for a fall. I don't think I've ever seen an anime quite like this. I wasn't keen on the first episode but man this show has delivered since.

I still don't know why Satouru's mother has such gigantic lips tho.....
Jan 28, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2015
Great episode and of course the ending, not surprised at all though. I just hope this anime has a happy ending.
Jan 28, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
the ending

THE ENDING

IT TORE MY HEAD OFF MAN, EVERYTHING GOOD JUST GOT THROWN IN THE INCINERATOR
Jan 28, 2016 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
That cliffhanger was seen the whole episode, there were times though when I thought "Yo she's going to die" like when he was holding the clock outside of her house. Then the Next day came and everything was cool. But there was so many moments of him remembering stuff which had me worried the entire episode, but they made it so much better!

I'm a big crier but I have yet to shed a tear watching this anime...I think it's just building up for the last episode and an explosion of years will come flowing out.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 28, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
Enough with the red eyes A-1 holy shit, and maybe speed up the pacing a little bit. It just grinded to a halt after the first episode.

I'm starting to get more worried but I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jan 28, 2016 3:00 PM
Sep 2009
I felt that something might happen but for some reason I thought that instead of Hinazuki, the murderer would attack the bully girl since she seems to be more of an outcast now than Hinazuki.

But than again, Hnazuki has monster of a mother. No one should ever be left alone with her.
Jan 28, 2016 3:07 PM

Apr 2013
Absolutely loved this episode.

Jan 28, 2016 3:10 PM
Nov 2012
DAFUQ WAS THAT CLIFFHANGER.
AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE NEW WEEK FOR NEXT EPISODE
Jan 28, 2016 3:10 PM
Sep 2013
Such great execution and mostly pretty good adaption <3 <3 <3

How are they gonna finish this in 12 eps :') A1 is doing such a good adaption in their standards right now lol
Jan 28, 2016 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
It's been years since we got a "proper" thriller anime and this one isn't stopping anywhere at this rate. I gotta hand it to the production team. 15-20 years from now this may even regarded as an all time classic.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.