Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 26, 2016 3:33 AM
May 2015
Masum_Beast said:
jc9622 said:
I pity people who has never supported the anime industry :/.

Some people can't genuenly support Anime/Manga industry.
I live in a country where there's no Anime DVDs/Manga Volumes whatsoever. I also can't use credit card & I also have many problems besides that. People don't give a damn about Anime in my country (A few actually cares).

Back to the main point, Mostly everything is free if you pirate. Games can be also downloaded for free.
Now that's a legit reason..People living in Europe and North America, on the other hand.

I pirate too but like I said, to test it out. If I love the anime then I will buy the Blu-Rays. I feel guilty streaming animes for free illegally.

Jan 26, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
jc9622 said:
Masum_Beast said:

I live in a country where there's no Anime DVDs/Manga Volumes whatsoever. I also can't use credit card & I also have many problems besides that. People don't give a damn about Anime in my country (A few actually cares).

Back to the main point, Mostly everything is free if you pirate. Games can be also downloaded for free.
Now that's a legit reason..People living in Europe and North America, on the other hand.

I pirate too but like I said, to test it out. If I love the anime then I will buy the Blu-Rays. I feel guilty streaming animes for free illegally.

I would've also buyed if was in your place. I like to support people if I get the chance. How's the price in the West?
Jan 26, 2016 3:44 AM

Feb 2013
jc9622 said:
Masum_Beast said:

i live in europe but still no credit card and anime dvds
just some popular mango

i did buy some merchandise at cons tho
Jan 26, 2016 3:48 AM
May 2015
Masum_Beast said:
jc9622 said:

I would've also buyed if was in your place. I like to support people if I get the chance. How's the price in the West?
Depends on the licensing company. Aniplex's Blu-Rays are fucking expensive. SAO cost me over $150 for 1 season (Over $300 in total) and UBW cost me over $250 for 1 season (Over $500 in total if I were to buy the 2nd Season). FUNimation's Blu-Rays like Railgun are generally cheap. Railgun cost me $60 for 1 season so that's $120 in total.
jc9622Jan 26, 2016 4:05 AM

Jan 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Dec 2015
jc9622 said:
Masum_Beast said:

Depends on the licensing company. Aniplex's Blu-Rays are fucking expensive. SAO cost me over $150 for 1 season (Over $300 in total) and UBW cost me over $250 for 1 season (Over $500 in total if I were to buy the 2nd Season). FUNimation's Blu-Rays like Railgun are generally cheap. Railgun cost me $60 for 1 season so that's $120 in total.

I see, Thanks for the info. Legally streaming is way more cheaper in the West I guess.
Jan 26, 2016 4:29 AM

Apr 2015
It is if you have a television and have the right channels in the right countries.
Blu-rays frankly are bought as a way of supporting the series and getting unique goods over here, not as a way to view anime, so it's not that you are evil just because you're not buying them.
Jan 26, 2016 4:45 AM

Aug 2015
Well damn, it isn't free for me. I live rurally and internet is damn slow. I have to buy it on Bluray/DVD if I want it. On the positive side, I prefer physical media anyway.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Jan 26, 2016 5:29 AM

Apr 2014
Anime isn't free, but most people watch it illegally which is the reason why people say that anime is dying (Atleast 1 of the reasons)
Jan 26, 2016 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
I'd love to have something like Steam for anime.
Jan 26, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2014
Yes

There's a reason why sites like kissanime and nyatorrent exist
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 26, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
Extreme3708 said:
I asked a friend of mine which source of entertainment does he prefer between anime and video games. He said " I prefer anime because I watch it for free."

This made me realize that I have watched over a hundred anime and I never paid anything for it, I don't buy dvds or any merchandise either, I don't fvck with action figures, waifu pillows or any of that weeb shit; I just watch anime....for free?? Is that why anime is so popular nowadays since it's easy to stream? What do you think?

The only anime that is technically free are those considered to be public domain. Which is stuff so old that it's copyright expired. Even then those things did cost money to make.

This stuff would most likely be public domain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SRqmpK6nn8&index=2&list=PL8twteLVGBwSeWlrCI1xwZTWHVe1_ELF_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain
Jan 26, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
I live in Portugal. No anime is sold here, whatsoever, except for the odd Studio Ghibli film.

Still, I make an effort and import everything. It's very time-consuming and if the parcel comes through a crappy company, like Asendia, I can almost guarantee it's going to get lost. Which is even more troublesome.

Honestly, I don't buy all of the anime I watch, but I try to purchase as much as I can. And I have no respect for the self-entitled, childish little pricks who pirate everything, even when they have the means to contribute.

Especially those that try to justify their actions by placing the blame on the anime industry itself. Pathetic.
Jan 26, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2008
jc9622 said:
I pity people who has never supported the anime industry.

You're using that word wrong. We're getting more then you are getting, for nothing. What exactly is there to pity?
Jan 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2014
Masum_Beast said:
jc9622 said:

wise words spoken by a wise man

i one day hope to BUY anime :^:

and have a room full of otaku stuff

Do You Know Somthing Sad Guys... My Country Is a Pirate Kingdom :(. they sell all pirated stuff in stores..... and internet is not cheep here.... torrenting Would cost way more than buying Pirated stuff from the store...

video games are not Free For me... i pay for Pirated games... Like wtf....? ..

even if i actually somehow buy the game legit from the net.[which is like 10x my currency]. I STILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE DATA... Which would COST even MORE

And Nowadays even anime is being pirated.. and people are starting to explore the anime world :V

As A Gamer and anime fan... am screwed i can either Not Pay My Bills And Buy Legit Dvd. Or wait months and months to buy 1 dvd
TheDiabolicEsperJan 27, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 27, 2016 12:54 AM

Nov 2009
--Nero-- said:
Do You Know Somthing Sad Guys... My Country Is a Pirate Kingdom :(. they sell all pirated stuff in stores..... and internet is not cheep here.... torrenting Would cost way more than buying Pirated stuff from the store...

video games are not Free For me... i pay for Pirated games... Like wtf....?

As A Gamer and anime fan... am screwed i can either Not Pay My Bills And Buy Legit Dvd. Or wait months and months to buy 1 dvd

It used to be the same in my country when I was younger.
Now broadband internet is cheap, pirated stuff stores are mostly gone, and some people are even buying legit stuff.
So don't lose hope, things might turn for the better in your country too.
Jan 27, 2016 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
--Nero-- said:

even if i actually somehow buy the game legit from the net.[which is like 10x my currency]. I STILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE DATA... Which would COST even MORE

And Nowadays even anime is being pirated.. and people are starting to explore the anime world :V

My country also sells pirated stuffs (Games,Movies,Songs etc) but internet bills are cheap in here, sooo, I torrent everything. Most people in my country don't buy pirated stuffs but instead, they just torrent.

I'm hoping your country would get better with the internet bills.
Jan 27, 2016 5:46 AM

Aug 2014
Masum_Beast said:
--Nero-- said:

My country also sells pirated stuffs (Games,Movies,Songs etc) but internet bills are cheap in here, sooo, I torrent everything. Most people in my country don't buy pirated stuffs but instead, they just torrent.

:O i did'nt know there were more countrys that sold pirated stuff

Jan 27, 2016 6:46 AM

Nov 2009
--Nero-- said:

It's was pretty common in ex-USSR countries, as people there are good with technology, but poor, and society has much crime and not much infrastructure.
Jan 27, 2016 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
I buy DVD/Blu-Rays of my favourite shows, provided I can play them in my region. Then again, I have a job and a steady income, so it's no problem. If you can afford it and want to keep watching anime, you should help the industry, too.

But I haven't paid for most of the anime I've seen, though. I don't have an issue with this.
Jan 27, 2016 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
Over my time i have spent thousands on anime and also stream. I stream shows that are no longer licensed over here and can ony be bought from a third party like ebay in which none of the company that made the product would receive money. The other reason is if it was never released over in the states. Other than that, i pay for crunchyroll, hulu, and funimation subscriptions while also buying shows I want when they are released. If you stream illegally i don't personally care, but when shows don't get sequels or have financial issues which postpone or hurt the quality then you absolutely no right to complain.
Jan 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
Easy, just buy thousand of dakimakura pillows and you will pay off your debt.
Jan 30, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
If you stream illegally i don't personally care, but when shows don't get sequels or have financial issues which postpone or hurt the quality then you absolutely no right to complain.

Your streaming doesn't influence what show get a 2nd season. Only Japanese sales do that.
Jan 30, 2016 12:21 PM

Nov 2012
DmonHiro said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
If you stream illegally i don't personally care, but when shows don't get sequels or have financial issues which postpone or hurt the quality then you absolutely no right to complain.

Your streaming doesn't influence what show get a 2nd season. Only Japanese sales do that.

Not true at all. Some movies and shows only get released due to large international audiences.
Jan 30, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2011
Jan 30, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
DaliPuff said:
It definitely isn't free to make...

This. And it's a good thing if some wish to buy it.
OT: it's free because pirating has made it accessible.
Jan 30, 2016 1:47 PM
Jan 2016
Uh, yeah. If you're not paying a cent to watch it, then yep. Its free. I have never paid a single cent in my life to watch any anime or TV show. Believe when I say I havde watched so many TV shows. If ya looking for an anime, search and search some more. There will always be an anime for free some where on the internet.
Jan 30, 2016 1:53 PM

Aug 2009
I felt bad about it too. I watched so much without paying for anything. I figured I'll buy the ones I loved one day when I have money. For now, I can just try to watch as many anime as possible on the legal sources and keep ad block off. Aka, crunchyroll, hulu, netflix (which has very little), funimation (which hosts a lot of its stuff on hulu), viz's site, and wherever its legal. Otherwise, who's gonna pay for the sht anime?
Isn't it normal to watch something before you buy it? Like watching something on tv for cheaper than buying a full season of it?

Idk this whole thing is confusing to most anime fans. Some stuff you can't EVEN BUY ANYWHERE or WATCH ANYWHERE. (Bakuman i'm looking at you) Who's gonna even be able to see such a great show without illegally seeing it? Or importing it for 100 bucks on bluray in a langauge you don't speak without subtitles? The real way to support the industry is buy those products you see on crunchyroll.
Jan 30, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoki_Sakurai said:
Not true at all. Some movies and shows only get released due to large international audiences.

50 movies and shows in total, ever (I'm being very generous) is hardly anything considering how much anime is made. The international audience is, and has always been pretty much irrelevant to the anime industry. Yes, there were some exceptions, but that's all they were: exceptions.

dakotasapphire said:
The real way to support the industry is buy those products you see on crunchyroll.

No, the REAL way to support the industry is to buy BDs from Japan.
Jan 30, 2016 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
DmonHiro said:
Tomoki_Sakurai said:

50 movies and shows in total, ever (I'm being very generous) is hardly anything considering how much anime is made. The international audience is, and has always been pretty much irrelevant to the anime industry. Yes, there were some exceptions, but that's all they were: exceptions.

dakotasapphire said:
The real way to support the industry is buy those products you see on crunchyroll.

No, the REAL way to support the industry is to buy BDs from Japan.

Who's gonna pay 200 bucks for a 12 episode series just to watch it raw? Yeah, that's right, no one. Someone might pay for a little statue, or a t-shirt that supports their local anime product industry that in turn pays studios a percentage of the profit. Chances are that they either buy these products from japan, or make them somewhere else and pay for the copyright rule, but whatever, profit goes to those studios because of the demand we americans have on anime products.

Either that, or keep licensing anime with sentai fireworks/ funimation to be subtitled and put on dvd/bluray for 50 bucks for the entire season ((we pay 50 bucks or more for our named tv shows, (like Dexter was really expensive once upon a time)) so selling them here wouldn't be a stupid idea. Because people WANT their favorite anime in their collections. I honestly would LOVE dvd sets of my favorite anime. If they were all available and I had some money to spend I'd buy them, this applies to people who have a lot more money than me as well.

The anime industry really sucks if it can't make any money to the point of jacking up its prices so high there isn't as much demand for it. I thought japanese people understood simple supply and demand. Whatever.
dakotasapphireJan 30, 2016 9:45 PM
Jan 30, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
Hutch_1945 said:
Masum_Beast said:

Oh hell no. Why I'd rather buy it on the right stuf on sale. I know it might not be supporting the industry as much, but no way I'm paying money that could be otherwise spent on living expenses on 3 hrs of entertainment.
Jan 30, 2016 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
While I'll admit that I've probably watched more than enough anime on illegal streaming sites, I do feel guilty about it and purchase the DVDs of the anime I really like.

Although, a big reason for that as well is so that I can watch my favorite anime in the highest quality in places that don't necessarily have Internet (I'm outdoors a lot).
Jan 30, 2016 9:47 PM

Sep 2009
Yes. I mean, DVD box sets aren't, but anime IS aired on TV in Japan.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 30, 2016 9:48 PM

Jul 2013
No anime isn't free, at least use crunchyroll or something smh.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 31, 2016 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Since the producers of the anime we watch aren't expecting to get money from us anyway we don't have to feel obliged to support the industry in any way.
That's not even true. Like, at all.

Even if it were true that's a horrible attitude.
Jan 31, 2016 12:23 AM

Oct 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Since the producers of the anime we watch aren't expecting to get money from us anyway we don't have to feel obliged to support the industry in any way.

Most of the money in the anime industry comes from Japanese people. There is some money that comes from licensing kids anime in other languages, mainly Korean, Italian, French, and English, but the primary source of income is the target Japanese audience. It's easy to feel like an ungrateful shit when you're not giving any money back to the anime industry despite how much it's done for you, but in the end it doesn't make that much of a difference on their end. Men who watch shoujo and women who watch shounen do have an impact on the industry if they are watching it on TV in Japan. It's not necessarily an excuse for not contributing but it's just a bit of "trivia".
Jan 31, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
TitanAnteus said:
Extreme3708 said:
I asked a friend of mine which source of entertainment does he prefer between anime and video games. He said " I prefer anime because I watch it for free."

This made me realize that I have watched over a hundred anime and I never paid anything for it, I don't buy dvds or any merchandise either, I don't fvck with action figures, waifu pillows or any of that weeb shit; I just watch anime....for free?? Is that why anime is so popular nowadays since it's easy to stream? What do you think?

Depends on what you mean by free.

If you're a japanese teenager tuning into a japanese broadcasting channel at midnight then it's free for yourself. Your parents in that situation would be paying the cable after all.

If you are consuming it from streaming or torrenting, you need to realize that you aren't supporting the anime you love at all. If you feel in the slightest hint of guilt the least you can do is buy a crunchyroll premium account. Or Funimation i guess...

I'm serious.

It's one of the only legal ways to obtain anime outside of buying the DVDs which is iffy and limited anyway.

If you torrent, anime that crunchyroll doesn't pick up though, I wouldn't feel guilty. It's literally the only other way to consume said media after all.

Not if I have to watch a censored Stream Version, sure there's the BD's(high prices and Subs that are a little on the sketchy side than what Fansubs can do, ouch)and whatever. Then you have a large amount of Anime that never(Or without even thinking because it'll never happen)will get West Releases, then what do you do? Sure you can buy the BD's but not for 100$ for 2 episodes. No f****** way.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 31, 2016 12:33 AM

Jul 2014
--Nero-- said:
Masum_Beast said:

Malaysia is one of the biggest Anime Bootleggers man.
Jan 31, 2016 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Feb 3, 2016 10:16 PM

Jul 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Attitude? I think you mean a "Terrible way to see it like that". But it won't change anything if said Anime(Awful example but it proves my point very much KissXSis: No Western BD Release. I don't understand Japanese and I know BD's are Region-Locked. How else do I get besides learning Japanese and that's a long time and paying 100$ for the BD's or do I just bootleg them online?)

If they don't release it on BD's then the only other option(besides paying 100$ on BD's with no English Subs)is to pirate them. They do it to themselves its not our fault they don't make it Westward.
Feb 3, 2016 10:46 PM

Mar 2012
TheHatredDMC said:
If they don't release it on BD's then the only other option(besides paying 100$ on BD's with no English Subs)is to pirate them. They do it to themselves its not our fault they don't make it Westward.
That isn't what I'm saying. You've completely missed the point.

The attitude I'm talking about is people who live in areas where anime is readily available for affordable prices but purposely don't support the industry at all because they think Japan doesn't care about the west.

I sincerely doubt there are that many people out there whose entire favourite anime list just happens to be shows that never made it to the west in any capacity whatsoever and can only be watched through fansubs.
Feb 4, 2016 5:10 AM

Jul 2014
I pirate all my shit so it s free in my book.
Feb 4, 2016 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
Hutch_1945 said:
Masum_Beast said:

You know what's expensive? The prices of BD in Japan. 300€ is the price of one season, which means, in case of a one cour, that you basically pay 300€ for 12-13 episodes.
Rental prices FTL.
Feb 5, 2016 12:05 AM

Jul 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
TheHatredDMC said:
That isn't what I'm saying. You've completely missed the point.

The attitude I'm talking about is people who live in areas where anime is readily available for affordable prices but purposely don't support the industry at all because they think Japan doesn't care about the west.

I sincerely doubt there are that many people out there whose entire favourite anime list just happens to be shows that never made it to the west in any capacity whatsoever and can only be watched through fansubs.

If the BD's don't release then what to do? Paying CrunchyRoll to watch Censored Episodes is mental in my opinion. In the long run who wants to watch something like "Sister Testament" censored and pay? Not me nor anyone who watches Ecchi Type Anime. That Anime isn't coming to the West on BD's anytime soon(and paying 100$ for untranslated BD's is out of the picture). I may again be missing your point but I'm kind of confused right now.
Feb 5, 2016 12:44 AM

Feb 2013
Temmie said:
You may have free anime, but can you have free! anime?

#FreeTheHomos

Come just for this, not disappointed.
Ot, most games could be free too.
Feb 5, 2016 8:27 AM

Mar 2011
You can say so. Japanese people watch anime for free on TV, we can watch for free on internet (even by legal means like Crunchyroll and Daisuki), so it's free if you believe. But it's surely fucking expensive to make one, that's why there are commercials/ads to pay the bill.
Feb 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Oct 2014
jc9622 said:
Why do you pity people who are making sensible economic decisions?
Feb 5, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
You can get vid. games for free aswell. Both are illegal, whats the difference?
Feb 5, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
Frezlaj said:
You can say so. Japanese people watch anime for free on TV, we can watch for free on internet (even by legal means like Crunchyroll and Daisuki), so it's free if you believe. But it's surely fucking expensive to make one, that's why there are commercials/ads to pay the bill.

First of all, if you watch it on TV, it's not free, since you pay for the channels. And by watching it on TV, you also watch the advertisements, before, between, after the anime, and part of that money goes to the creators. So there is a huge difference between watching it for 'free' on TV, or illegally streaming it .
Feb 5, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2011
Looks like this guy didn't even read what I posted here, or probably didn't understand, so I won't bother answering directly.

Tip of the day: Don't quote people randomly.
Feb 5, 2016 12:01 PM

Nov 2009
SkullProX said:
You can get vid. games for free aswell. Both are illegal, whats the difference?

1) Games are more annoying with their copy protections.
2) If you're lucky, anime is more fun.
3) Anime's "buying a cat in a bag" factor is less. At least for veteran anime watchers like me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

23 by IKKIsama »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 12 hours ago

17 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
9 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
16 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.