Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2016 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Well, after reading the chapter, I only have to say one thing:

Well, Wave is the fucking man, he saves the day and Kurome and him defect from the Empire. I hope they have their happy ending after all. Kudos again to Wave for realizing that the plan of change the Empire from the inside was wrong.
Also, RIP Jaegers as an organization, as Esdeath is the only one who remains. Next chapter, the appearence of the Mecha.
Jan 4, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
In a nutshell, surprisingly well-written chapter and a great (solid 8/10) arc overall.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jan 4, 2016 4:32 AM

Dec 2013
My ship! My glorious ship actually set sailed! Massive respect to Wave for pretty much saying fuck you to the Teigu rule!

Loved this chapter :)

Also that foreshadowing at the end was ominous.
Jan 4, 2016 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
Best chapter I read this year. The writing of this chapter alone evinces how AgK is still a top tier Shonen.

I just pray to God that the "That's how I honestly felt back then" doesn't mean some Gundam is gonna fuck shit up.
ziggy_ZJan 4, 2016 4:48 AM
Jan 4, 2016 4:49 AM

Sep 2013
I love the ship.
Just hope that it doesn't sink like the Titanic due to Esdeath! >.<
Jan 4, 2016 4:59 AM

Apr 2013
Illyricus- said:
Well, after reading the chapter, I only have to say one thing:

Well, Wave is the fucking man, he saves the day and Kurome and him defect from the Empire. I hope they have their happy ending after all. Kudos again to Wave for realizing that the plan of change the Empire from the inside was wrong.

Also, RIP Jaegers as an organization, as Esdeath is the only one who remains. Next chapter, the appearence of the Mecha.

The ship is 100% on full sail. Takahiro made up for ruining 2012 Christmas by killing off Chelsea.

I was so certain that Kurome was going to die but he actually let her and Wave live. Wave continues to be my favourite character throughout the series.

With this chapter alone I can forgive Takahiro even if he decides to put in a mecha final boss.
Jan 4, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
Wow... This chapter was just amazing...
Jan 4, 2016 5:03 AM

Jul 2013
@hoopla:

Takahiro decided to be good with us this time. Must praise him.

Btw, people, the Mecha is going to appear, it was foreshadowed during the WH arc and it will going to be one of the final bosses of the series.
Jan 4, 2016 5:04 AM

Nov 2014
Probably the happiest chapter in the series.

Jan 4, 2016 5:31 AM

Sep 2014
While I'm happy kuro is alive, something just feels really off with this chapter :c
Jan 4, 2016 5:42 AM

Dec 2014
Wave is the real man :D, Never really expected a sweet chapter from AgK xD

Kurome x Wave all the way!

Was really nice to see Akame and Kurome rekindle their relationship before they said Good Bye.
Jan 4, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2014
I loved this chapter. Kurome dying would have been awful - not only would that be the same as the anime, removing even more surprise, but just another everyone-keeps-dying-without-stop would be even worse. Kurome had to live, if at least a bit more, since those springs only have a chance of increasing her life, iirc.

Besides, as Akame said, Kurome is the cutest thing in the world.

5/5

Last page was suggestive as hell.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 4, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 2015
wave the lover lol. honestly i don't know how to feel about this chapter. all the built-up between the sisters and it ended like this
Jan 4, 2016 5:50 AM
Oct 2014
Please Takahiro just let them go and be happy, dont bring them up never again give me just this
Jan 4, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
GOD DAMN! Wave you are a fucking man! YOU SAVED YOUR WAIFU!
Takahiro we are grateful to you!
Overall chapter was great, what a great beginning of the year :D
Jan 4, 2016 5:55 AM
Sep 2014
j0sh said:
Am I the only one disappointed with this chapter? I mean I like that it's different from the anime but kurome & akame's fight was hyped and it ended with a love story between kurome and wave. I know everyone wanted a kurome x wave, its just that I expected another death in this one.

I'm tired of people dying in here personally, because the manga never really gives you a chance to truly care about who dies. It's just been a dulling experience for awhile now. So the last thing I want is for Wave and Kurome to die, since I actually like them more than most of the damn main characters (Especially after this chapter), which is sad. I thought this chapter was pretty decent, considering it actually did the unexpected for once in a good way.

Btw, was I the only one that totally thought Kurome would kill Wave when he said he planned on defecting?
Jan 4, 2016 5:57 AM

Jan 2014
I prefer this then the anime. Wave is a brave man saving his waifu. I am glad Kurome survived.
Jan 4, 2016 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
This chapter...OMG I'm crying tears of happiness ;A; Wave you're THE MAN!!! So happy to see them together.

HNNNGGGGGGGGGG
Maledict said:

Kurome is the cutest thing in the world.

damn right!

11/10 best chapter!!
nerfxJan 4, 2016 11:39 AM
Jan 4, 2016 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
The manga really is different from *cough cough* anime. Hey people now lets just assume that it never existed! I mean was there even an anime? I don't remember :3
ZinzooJan 4, 2016 6:01 AM
Jan 4, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
Konoetan said:
While I'm happy kuro is alive, something just feels really off with this chapter :c
Could it be the fact that those two may end up dying because of their respective side-effects (Kurome's drug overdose & Wave's Tegu overdose)?
Jan 4, 2016 6:03 AM

Sep 2014
Zinzoo said:
The manga really is different from *cough cough* anime. Hey people now lets just assume that it never existed! I mean was there even an anime? I don't remember :3

What anime? I've no idea what you're talking about :V
Jan 4, 2016 6:06 AM

Jan 2015
nerfx said:

Neither do I :] That must've benn a bad dream :3
Jan 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Feb 2012
nerfx said:
Zinzoo said:

Anime? what's anime?
Jan 4, 2016 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
LOL, people, the anime wasn't that bad in terms of adaptation. Until the episode 19 it was a decent adaptation despite the scenes they omit. Way better than Tokyo Ghoul.
Jan 4, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
Illyricus- said:
LOL, people, the anime wasn't that bad in terms of adaptation. Until the episode 19 it was a decent adaptation despite the scenes they omit. Way better than Tokyo Ghoul.

That's not saying much lol
Jan 4, 2016 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
Quite a sweet chapter, my respect for Wave was increased by a heck lot. The Wave x Kurome ship is the best one in this manga, hope they will get their happy end.
Jan 4, 2016 6:11 AM

Jan 2015
Illyricus- said:

Still....
A fucking gundam
Jan 4, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Illyricus- said:

That's not saying much lol
Tokyo Ghoul skipped entire chapters and misplaced some arcs to later go full rush mode in Root A. White Fox only skipped scenes.

Zinzoo said:
Illyricus- said:

Still....
A fucking gundam
A gundam that can appear in the manga too.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the lasts episodes of the anime were really retarded and rushed (especially Syura's fight and Leone's death) and that is why scored the anime with a 5, but it's not as bad as other adaptations.
Jan 4, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
j0sh said:
Am I the only one disappointed with this chapter? I mean I like that it's different from the anime but kurome & akame's fight was hyped and it ended with a love story between kurome and wave. I know everyone wanted a kurome x wave, its just that I expected another death in this one.

No you are not. This chapter didn't feel like Akame ga Kill at all
Jan 4, 2016 6:38 AM
Jun 2008
so glad i wasnt the only one that thought this was a ridiculous complete change from the rest of the series

since when does it become a "love prevails" manga? never!

sure im happy no one died in the end..but this kind of thing never happens..i want back all my characters that died if this is how its going.
Jan 4, 2016 6:47 AM
Aug 2012
Rather impressed with this chapter. Felt good that a happy ending actually happened lol. The last page where Tatsumi was talking in the past tense felt off. You know something bad is going to happen. Hated Wave, but that Teigu power up was beast.
GodofWar2015Jan 4, 2016 6:50 AM
Jan 4, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2008
AceSoldia said:
so glad i wasnt the only one that thought this was a ridiculous complete change from the rest of the series

since when does it become a "love prevails" manga? never!

sure im happy no one died in the end..but this kind of thing never happens..i want back all my characters that died if this is how its going.

Given the new Akame Ga Kill is going all FRIENDSHIP is magic routine I wouldn't be surprised if a deus ex machina cropped up to revive everyone. AGK that we came for died a long time ago
Jan 4, 2016 7:02 AM
Jul 2013
I would usually feel that the chapter was too cheesy or cliche, but nope, don't care. Kurome lived (unexpectedly), got together with Wave (wasn't really shipping them but YAY), and defected the empire. Seeing that two deaths have been averted (anime), I have a feeling that Takahiro made the anime that way on purpose (taking sudden turns like that). Really liked the chapter
Jan 4, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
equanternal272 said:
I would usually feel that the chapter was too cheesy or cliche, but nope, don't care. Kurome lived (unexpectedly), got together with Wave (wasn't really shipping them but YAY), and defected the empire. Seeing that two deaths have been averted (anime), I have a feeling that Takahiro made the anime that way on purpose (taking sudden turns like that). Really liked the chapter

Wrong. The reaction to the anime just cut off his balls and now we're getting this sappy diluted crap. Shelee Chelsea Bulat, Flamethrower guy. They had the misfortune of being in the story while the author still had courage in his story. The fact that people like this swill as it deteriorates with each fresh asspull is a fucking joke.

Addiction on Kurome's level doesn't get magically solved like this, plus she already took a bunch of super drugs to fight with Akame NOT TO MENTION Chelsea's wound on her for which she died. All of those things like many others just get swept up under the rug for your oh so happy end.

If only the tomb of Nazarick had ended up in this world. Things would have followed the proper course.
Darklight0303Jan 4, 2016 7:19 AM
Jan 4, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2008
ha is that what is happening? well that sucks.
Jan 4, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Nice, Ran plays an indirect role in this chapter even after death.

Glad to see Kurome survive. I didn't actually want to see her die tbh but I have a feeling that she and Wave may play some sort of important role in the future (might be somewhat related to the war but not directly).
Jan 4, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
Well done Wave. Your man-ification is now complete.

Sadly, with this the rebel army has achieved one too many positive outcomes with no major losses in last few chapters. Which probably means Esdeath is done developing some new ice hax. I bet the imperial capital is now equipped with cannons that shoot dragons and elder gods and can somehow fly.
Jan 4, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2014
Can't believe this actually happened. I'm so happy!

For the last chapters I was feeling like my heart was shattering as I was waiting for Kurome's death. Thank you Ran. Now you can rest in peace.
Jan 4, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
Really like how it turns out even with full disagreement in Wave position (i mean his "empire's" thinking before this chapter). I think it it much better than more dead characters, just remembering Chelsea is so sad =( Plus the last page with Tatsumi foreshadowing is so intriguing. So hyped for the next chapters!
allenjkeJan 4, 2016 8:16 AM
Jan 4, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
allenjke said:
Really like how it turns out even with full disagreement in Wave position (i mean his "empire's" thinking before this chapter). I think it it much better than more dead characters, just remembering Chelsea is so sad =( Plus the last page with Tatsumi foreshadowing is so intriguing. So hyped for the next chapters!

Strongly disagreed since with all of these miracle saves it makes all of the previous deaths utterly worthless

Chelsea died trying to take down Kurome and managed to inflict a grievous wound that should have killed her directly or indirectly. Instead Kurome gets to walk off scot free with her new rule breaking boy toy. Chelsea DIED FOR NOTHING
Jan 4, 2016 8:22 AM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
equanternal272 said:
I would usually feel that the chapter was too cheesy or cliche, but nope, don&#039;t care. Kurome lived (unexpectedly), got together with Wave (wasn&#039;t really shipping them but YAY), and defected the empire. Seeing that two deaths have been averted (anime), I have a feeling that Takahiro made the anime that way on purpose (taking sudden turns like that). Really liked the chapter
<br />
<br />
Wrong. The reaction to the anime just cut off his balls and now we&#039;re getting this sappy diluted crap. Shelee Chelsea Bulat, Flamethrower guy. They had the misfortune of being in the story while the author still had courage in his story. The fact that people like this swill as it deteriorates with each fresh asspull is a fucking joke.<br />
<br />
Addiction on Kurome&#039;s level doesn&#039;t get magically solved like this, plus she already took a bunch of super drugs to fight with Akame NOT TO MENTION Chelsea&#039;s wound on her for which she died. All of those things like many others just get swept up under the rug for your oh so happy end. <br />
<br />
If only the tomb of Nazarick had ended up in this world. Things would have followed the proper course.

Thanks for restoring my faith in mankind! At least one person who sees the whole matter objectively, and is not all hyped by the pedo-ship.
What is Wave supposed to do?! Pulling a Kurotsuchi/Nemu and cure her with sexual healing?! I do not hold a grudge against Kurome or anyonr else for killing (that's the essence of this series), but letting her of all characters live makes no sense as she is dead meat anyway. She spat blood,lost her hair and we have learned that these drugs shorten her lifespan drastically.
And am I the only one who was thinking why the heck they did not consider bringing Mine to the magic spa?!
Now, that the series is on the downgrade anyway,the author asspulls his way through the desires of the remaining readership to keep them happy.
Not that I had much hope that the translation could bring more logic to the chapter,but these nonsensical mushy dialogues even worsened it and put the icing on a cake named ridiculousness. The sudden love epiphany was so out of place that they simply negate all other aspects of Wave's character. But how nice that the author at least lets Akame briefly bring up the little fact what Wave stood in before his nether regions suddenly won the upper hand.

Apr 2012
The feels man Q.Q

"Chelsea DIED FOR NOTHING" who cares? that's life...

Oct 2013
This chapter was great. I enjoy every bit of it, not every chapter needs to be death and gore, that gets stale after a while. I was shipping them for a long time glad it happen. Hopefully the author doesn't kill them off, because that will just feel force IMO.

Overall one of the best chapter I've read for akame ga kill in a long while. 5/5
Jan 4, 2016 8:28 AM
Nov 2015
keragamming said:
This chapter was great. I enjoy every bit of it, not every chapter needs to be death and gore, that gets stale after a while. I was shipping them for a long time glad it happen. Hopefully the author doesn&#039;t kill them off, because that will just feel force IMO. <br />
<br />
Overall one of the best chapter I&#039;ve read for akame ga kill in a long while. 5/5

Killing them for deserting would actually be the only way to redeem for this moe crap. It would not bring the series back to its old quality,but at least it would be the real peripeteia that the author tried to present us in a failed attempt during that chapter.
Jan 4, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
Ophelia1601 said:
keragamming said:
This chapter was great. I enjoy every bit of it, not every chapter needs to be death and gore, that gets stale after a while. I was shipping them for a long time glad it happen. Hopefully the author doesn&#039;t kill them off, because that will just feel force IMO. <br />
<br />
Overall one of the best chapter I&#039;ve read for akame ga kill in a long while. 5/5

Killing them for deserting would actually be the only way to redeem for this moe crap. It would not bring the series back to its old quality,but at least it would be the real peripeteia that the author tried to present us in a failed attempt during that chapter.

It's too late for that. There's nothing I despise more in this world than an insecure author who changes his vision based on the stupid feedback from his readership
Jan 4, 2016 8:34 AM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Ophelia1601 said:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
It&#039;s too late for that. There&#039;s nothing I despise more in this world than an insecure author who changes his vision based on the stupid feedback from his readership

Indeed,since he has fired up all he had been building up but it would certainly be more of the old AgK nature than what happened here. As I already stated in my first post:this chapter is pure fanservice,an attempt to keep the product fit for the market since the manga is being published outside Japan.
Jan 4, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2008
Ophelia1601 said:
Darklight0303 said:
<br />
<br />
It&#039;s too late for that. There&#039;s nothing I despise more in this world than an insecure author who changes his vision based on the stupid feedback from his readership

Indeed,since he has fired up all he had been building up but it would certainly be more of the old AgK nature than what happened here. As I already stated in my first post:this chapter is pure fanservice,an attempt to keep the product fit for the market since the manga is being published outside Japan.

Has Akame Ga Kill even been making the ratings in the latest manga volume sales? I haven't seen it.
Jan 4, 2016 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
Darklight0303 said:
allenjke said:

Strongly disagreed since with all of these miracle saves it makes all of the previous deaths utterly worthless

Chelsea died trying to take down Kurome and managed to inflict a grievous wound that should have killed her directly or indirectly. Instead Kurome gets to walk off scot free with her new rule breaking boy toy. Chelsea DIED FOR NOTHING

Don't want to remind what happened in anime and i already mentioned what i think about Wave, so probably will blame him for most deaths that happened. But even so don't want just more characters dead.
Jan 4, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
kamijoan said:

"Chelsea DIED FOR NOTHING" who cares? that's life...

Haha REKT in pepperoni xD
Jan 4, 2016 8:58 AM
Sep 2015
Suprised Wave used two teguis and shook it off like nothing even Kurome and Tatsumi were suprises I wonder if this is forshadowimg that Wave may and try to use 3 in the future.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.