Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2009 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverDec 26, 2009 1:36 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 26, 2009 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
can't wait to watch kanketsu hen lol
Dec 28, 2009 2:43 PM

Sep 2009
Good ep, nice to see both Inuyasha and Sessshomaru together for once
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Dec 28, 2009 4:35 PM

Nov 2008
It was a great episode, the animation followed the manga's story line almost to the letter.

I can't wait for next week. Its going to be an exciting episode.
Dec 28, 2009 5:24 PM

Feb 2009
I got angry too when that freaky guy started talking trash on Sesshomaru, it got personal!! grrr!! lol.

Sango + Miroku + Shippo + Kagome = the obvious team.
Seriously, when are the characters not engaging in a real fight going to get some consistant lines? It takes me out of the mood when Shippo goes, "It's small, but very powerful!" Okay thanks Shippo, I can see that. :/

And although the drama left this episode and the fight wasn't all too epic, the whole "You and I are fated to kill each other," was really mysterious and I'm kinda excited for the next episode!

Dec 28, 2009 7:34 PM

Jan 2008
Through out both series, after all this time, Sesshi never stops being a cool character.

Miyoga said, "he wont like the truth". He was right.

"Obviously your father cared more for this half demon than you" - Fighting words!
datsunvicDec 28, 2009 7:41 PM
Dec 29, 2009 2:26 AM

Sep 2008
Of course, the only good episodes are the ones with Sesshomaru Rin in them.

That outfit reminded me a lot about monkeys though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2009 2:07 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It was kinda cool seeing Inuyasha and Sesshomaru fight together.

Dec 29, 2009 3:15 PM

Aug 2008
Poor Sesshomaru T.T
Maybe he could pull a fluke and kill Inuyasha.
Dec 29, 2009 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
noteDhero said:
Poor Sesshomaru T.T
Maybe he could pull a fluke and kill Inuyasha.
That would make an interesting development.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 30, 2009 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
Sesshy is hot. the episode was average, but im glad i could see Sesshoumaru XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 2, 2010 11:24 PM

Nov 2009
Destroying landscape with meidous is cool! =)
Liked Shishinki's voice.

Although it's not cool that Sesshoumaru soon won't be able to fight with meidou zangetsuha...
Recalling manga translator's caricature: "Sesshoumaru! What Are you doing? Shut up! I'm trying to speak my new attack's name properly!.."
Jan 3, 2010 6:57 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was cool, but the ending confused me. Does this mean that only one person can wield both swords? What was their father's true intentions? To always have them fight alongside one another? I don't really get it. It's vague.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 4, 2010 12:37 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh, poor Sesshomaru. I love him and he's amazing and when he realizes that he can brush it off his cool shoulder.
Jan 4, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2008
kevin_video said:
This episode was cool, but the ending confused me. Does this mean that only one person can wield both swords? What was their father's true intentions? To always have them fight alongside one another? I don't really get it. It's vague.

Well, there is more to it than you might think. Maybe this week's episode (14) will clear somethings for you. There is still more to it. And I don't want to spoil it for you.
Jan 9, 2010 11:47 PM

Dec 2009
I liked the hell arc way better in the manga. It's disappointing that they're cutting a lot of stuff out of this continuation series.

But to spell it out for the people who aren't capable of thinking:
Jan 12, 2010 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
It was neat seeing Inu and Sesshy fighting side by side... but obviously it was pretty one sided (I mean - Inu was more interested in helping Sesshy than Sesshy was in helping Inu). Somehow I half-expected to see Sesshomaru give the Tenseiga to Inuyasha.

Okay, and what's up with the subbers (at least, the subbers for the episode I saw) still spelling Tessaiga as "Tetsusaiga"? Ugh. Ridiculous.

I remember Kagome and co. being "commentators" in the manga too. Pretty unnecessary. I guess Takahashi wants to reeeally get her point across, every time something happens...
Jan 25, 2010 6:40 PM
Dec 2009
really liked the pace they are going at..fill with actions and not too dragging....
Feb 10, 2010 8:20 PM

Feb 2009
So what that mean is size the size of the meido doesn't matter but it is how you form it <---- I know corny joke.

You know Inu taichou or whatever is so cruel to give Sesshoumaru that part of the sword and the trouble he went through to perfect that technique almost lost he's most treasured person while doing it.
Apr 24, 2010 5:59 AM
Apr 2010
He had to went through all of this to understand the value of life. Someone so heartless and cruel as Sesshoumaru can not wield healing sword just like that. Inuyasha also had to understand his sword before he was able to use it properly. But it's pretty unfair that Inu no Taisho left his first-born son 'leftovers" from Tessaiga :/
Jun 18, 2010 4:35 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah I'm upset why does Seshomaru get the trash that cano nly be at full power when it's around the real deal. like no offense to inuyasha..but come on now....at least let seshomaru get something cool!
Aug 15, 2010 9:24 AM
Jun 2010
Sesshomaru was totally dissed throughout this entire episode! "Your father hated you," i was like, "Burn!!"

I'm still confuzzled, does anyone know what his father's intention was, or does no one no yet. cause i feel really stupid right now.

when he said he and inuyasha were faited to kill eachother i was like: O.o okay, that's pleasant

so yeah, are we not supposed to no why the inu no taisho gave fluffy tenseiga and why he was cruel, or am i just stupid?
Nov 30, 2010 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha are destined to fight until they die? What the hell kind of father would want that for their children?? Their father must have been an ass!!!
Apr 9, 2013 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
Kittenia said:
Ugh, poor Sesshomaru. I love him and he's amazing and when he realizes that he can brush it off his cool shoulder.

That's the exact reason why I really like him as a character.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Apr 29, 2014 6:12 AM
Mar 2013
I thought Sesshomaru was over the Tetsaiga but I guess not. It must still burn him up inside which is why Shishinki's words got to him.

And I don't get why Sesshomaru thinks he is destined to fight Inuyasha. Maybe he thinks the Tetsaiga will eventually reclaim the Meido that was cast off from it.

And since we know the Tetsaiga gains power by defeating foes, Sesshomaru thinks Inuyasha will obtain the Meido once he is defeated.

But I think it just proves they have to work together not fight each other.
Dec 17, 2014 10:27 AM
Jul 2014
It was an amazing episode.
Just loved it! :)
Dec 21, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2012
Thats cruel. Just because theyre father favored inuyashas mother he gave his best blade to her son and made it unusable by seshomaru by placing a barrier on it. And tensayga is only able to show its true power in the presence of tetsaiga so seshomaru will never be able to use a full meido in his life unless he works with inuyasha but his pride would never allow him to continuously do so which means tensayga will eventually be reabsorbed into tetsaiga and is most likely the glittering blade in the opening.
Dec 25, 2015 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
And here I thought InuYasha and Sesshomaru's father was a benevolent one.

One thing came to mind, though. The Tetsuaiga was also forged to protect InuYasha from being consumed by the demon inside him. If the dog demon cared that much about InuYasha, why would he have his sons fight to the death?
May 3, 2016 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
is it me or Sesshomaru showing more emotion than usual?
Feb 7, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
So their father's intention is for the Tessaiga to absorb Tenseiga again, I guess. That might be Inuyasha's final form of attack, the Meido's power together with the Tessaiga.
Getting to that point however will bring some more drama :'D Sesshomaru won't be too happy about this, but maybe he might come to terms with it by the end. He was probably needed to master the attack itself, before bringing it back to the Tessaiga.
Aug 29, 2019 7:02 AM

Jul 2015
So Tenseiga can only reach full potential if it is used alongside the Tetsusaiga which means in the end battle with Naruku Sesshomaru and Inuyasha must team up

Aug 2, 2020 10:20 AM

May 2020
i really don't understand Kohaku, why doesn't go talk to Sango?
Aug 25, 2020 9:46 AM
Aug 2020
The previous episodes, while still good, were slowly deteriorating in quality since Episodes 8-9. But that's OK, not every episode can be the best in the entire series. But this was the first really really bad episode in Final Act and until the last battle, everything got worse from here. Seriously, Inuyasha has a power-up. Kagome has a power-up. Sango has a power-up. Miroku took the potion so he can't feel pain when he uses the Wind Tunnel anymore, now his body gets wrecked. Sesshomaru also got his power-up and trained really hard for it.

So it's Inuyasha and Kagome's main party, Sesshomaru's party, and he's protecting Kohaku who has the last shard...
vs. Naraku and his last incarnation, Byakuya of the Dreams.

That's it, the plot isn't complicated anymore. The character development is all out of the way. It's time for the final battle, everything is building up towards it, except ... let's have a monster of the week episode with some nobody not even involved with the main plot? wtf?

Ozu-sanAug 25, 2020 9:51 AM
Nov 12, 2020 4:22 AM

Dec 2007
seems that their father intention was to let sesshomaru give up his pride and let inuyasha help him.

shishinki just felt like plot device character, not more than that, but i guess it's ok since he's really not that key character here and the amount of time he got.

and inuyasha was little bit off character here, no, he's bit off character since this season start...
User-NameNov 12, 2020 4:31 AM
Apr 3, 2021 7:31 AM

May 2016
Basically the father wanted to bring them together and fight as brothers and not enemies
typical father way, which probably boils Sesshomarus's blood inside out.

Proto-type said:
i really don't understand Kohaku, why doesn't go talk to Sango?
He can't stay with her because of guilt simple as that.
Nov 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Apr 2013
Guess this was the monster of the week episode, meh.
Dec 31, 2022 5:51 AM

Jan 2018
I keep forgetting that Sesshomaru doesn't have his left arm. But what's stopping him from getting a replacement like before? Probably his pride. Yup, it's definitely his pride. 

So this episode pretty much retcons the 3rd Inuyasha movie out of existence. Not only were Tenseiga and Tetsusaiga separate weapons from the start but there was also a THIRD katana distinct from the two in the movie. It was still a good movie though. And it's not as if the writers had the foresight of this happening in 2007 back in 2004.
Mar 10, 2023 8:17 PM

Feb 2020
I actually feel bad for Sesshomaru....
gunk.
Oct 25, 2023 11:26 PM

Jun 2020
I've always liked how this series slowly unravels the lore of Tetsusaiga and Tenseiga. This episode answered more questions and it's a little unexpected how Inuyasha's father expected him to work together with Sesshomaru lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2009

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 2, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.