Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now this is an exciting karuta match. Every time I see Shinobu fight, it takes the game to another level with her experience.
Dec 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Mar 2014
Shinobu is the best! She needs more love! She's the new "bride" for sou. It would be hilarious if she becomes interested in taichi and souh starts hating him again XD

LOL at taichi freaking out about getting beaten to a pulp by those two on TV
kay91Dec 17, 2015 1:10 PM
Dec 17, 2015 7:34 PM
Mar 2015
So many fun things in this chapter. Suo being jealous of Shinobu then making her his bride. Taichi being pissed that he is supposed to be beaten to a pulp for TV. The devious plan of Shinobu's grandmother to make Shinobu a pro karuta player. Her mother saying Shinobu is nothing but a karuta player

The 3rd years allowing Sumire and the first years to play for experience Tamaru's insecurities.

The Empress praying for Chihaya Sakurazawa praying for Inokuma to have a safe delivery The mothers praying for their children

The Fujisaki alums being unerved by rumors of Sakurazawa's marriage and retirement.
Dec 18, 2015 12:00 AM

May 2010
im having a fun time reading this until Shinobu mention about the tournament to Tachi, that make my heart hurt a little T^T if Taichi is really not coming back my only wish is for Chihaya to show us what she really is, im missing her personality..she's maturing and i also love it but need more Chihaya personality..

and im wondering if Tachi knows that Arata have Teams now? i wonder how will he react..
Dec 18, 2015 10:24 AM

Nov 2015
Hahaha Taichi's reaction about him getting beat up by Sou and Shinobu is so funny.
For salty fans
Dec 18, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
I love what is being spun right now with this TV program, two particular panels were huge for where this is going:

-Suoh saying the convenience and inventiveness of the quantitative measuring the TV program is using is "quite fitting for Taichi"

-Taichi saying he has a feeling this might be more meaningful than nationals, and Shinobu agreeing.

The hints at the scale of karuta's importance broadening are gaining traction rapidly. This TV program is going to have a huge impact on this, and for Taichi to be there with the Queen and the Meijin couldn't be a better opportunity.
Dec 18, 2015 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, these analyses are so cool. I don't know much about physics, but I wonder how possibly realistic they are?

Anyway, this was an awesome chapter. Yay for Chihaya's continued leadership. Feeling kinda bad for Nikuman's gf though... Step up! It's okay to be second sometimes! Compete for first!

Anyway, Taichi 0.1 seconds away from Suou in reaction time, omfg
Dec 20, 2015 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
I feel like Sou is trying to make Taichi to understand what Harada-sensei has been telling him.

Sou told him before about people who are called genius and that they are just the ones who make fire quick but then no one knows how long that fire will last and how strong it will be.

Now in this chapter, even though he was disappointed because he thought that the show was about him only for Shinobu to steal it - he said it's okay because it will make things easier to understand it's important especially for him (Taichi) and even told Taichi that he believe he is a genius but Shinobu is not and that she is just a hard worker

Taichi said that "Shinobu's are all Acquired, the peak she has reach through effort" so now he is starting to understand what Harada-sensie has been telling him, that just because someone has talent that doesn't mean you will never be able to beat them. Because even though Shinobu has no natural talent unlike Sou and Arata, she was able to be on the same place as Sou who is considered as a Genius because of her hard work and it came with a huge price because she spent almost her whole life in playing Karuta which made her isolated and friendless.

So that's why Taichi think that it's more important and is more meaningful than being in National tournament.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I wonder if he will start to focus on working hard on Karuta?
Nunnally03Dec 20, 2015 3:31 PM
Dec 29, 2015 6:36 AM
Nov 2015
Great chapter.

Poor Taichi. All of the characters will see him bullied by the meijin & queen on national TV LOL!

Suo is awesome as usual. He's a great meijin & comic relief in this manga.

I think Suo is trying to show Taichi that the meijin title is attainable. Suo's amazing hearing is the compensation of his poor eyesight & one day it might become a substitute for his eyes. Shinobu's amazing speed is the result of constant physical trainings. The TV show will show Taichi these facts & maybe he'll get more confidence and then he'll work harder on his karuta.

Who the heck is Sakurazawa-sensei's boyfriend??
Mar 19, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2016
AlexTheRiot said:
I love what is being spun right now with this TV program, two particular panels were huge for where this is going:

-Suoh saying the convenience and inventiveness of the quantitative measuring the TV program is using is "quite fitting for Taichi"

-Taichi saying he has a feeling this might be more meaningful than nationals, and Shinobu agreeing.

The hints at the scale of karuta's importance broadening are gaining traction rapidly. This TV program is going to have a huge impact on this, and for Taichi to be there with the Queen and the Meijin couldn't be a better opportunity.

if the rest of his team mates, especially Chihaya finds out about this, they'll be really envious of him. well Taichi would be embarrassed but it was advantageous for his part being able to play with the queen and the meiji.
Mar 19, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2016
Nunnally03 said:
I feel like Sou is trying to make Taichi to understand what Harada-sensei has been telling him.

Sou told him before about people who are called genius and that they are just the ones who make fire quick but then no one knows how long that fire will last and how strong it will be.

Now in this chapter, even though he was disappointed because he thought that the show was about him only for Shinobu to steal it - he said it's okay because it will make things easier to understand it's important especially for him (Taichi) and even told Taichi that he believe he is a genius but Shinobu is not and that she is just a hard worker

Taichi said that "Shinobu's are all Acquired, the peak she has reach through effort" so now he is starting to understand what Harada-sensie has been telling him, that just because someone has talent that doesn't mean you will never be able to beat them. Because even though Shinobu has no natural talent unlike Sou and Arata, she was able to be on the same place as Sou who is considered as a Genius because of her hard work and it came with a huge price because she spent almost her whole life in playing Karuta which made her isolated and friendless.

So that's why Taichi think that it's more important and is more meaningful than being in National tournament.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I wonder if he will start to focus on working hard on Karuta?

indeed, he finds it meaningful because he gets to understand more on where he could improve and what he lacks in playing karuta.
taichi is really smart to go with Sou.

i love that gif in your signature, im envious.

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 134 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

15 by Zooincle »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.