Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2009 7:29 AM
May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
spoilers

Its out raw on mangahelpers

we wait too long for new chapters for the auther waste one on sub character developement, I honestly couldnt care less about sugi and tamamin. there was what like 5 pages with ako and mari
HerdrocksDec 25, 2009 7:32 AM
Dec 27, 2009 6:37 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, I wanted to see more of Mari and Akko, but I still like Sugi, so the chapter was good and funny for me.

lol, Sugi loves teasing them
Dec 27, 2009 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
It was okay, i personally was kinda let down because i wanted the chapter on focus on Mair and Akko after just getting together. The ending with Sugi teasing them was pretty funny though.
Dec 27, 2009 8:54 AM

Dec 2007
"A molester? Just when I was in the middle of being sentimental?" XD

Not much development but it's nice a change of focus once in a while, specially since Sugi is the only one who knows about Akko and Mari going out toghether, which makesSugi both jealous and amused XD

At this rate it seems like Sugi will spend her old age with Tamamin, after all. Still, I'm not sure that Morinaga wants to make a couple out of those two.
Dec 27, 2009 10:14 AM

Mar 2009
I thought it was a good chapter, well written and we got to see a new side of Sugi, but I would like to see more Mari and Akko... also I wish something had stuck instead of her just going straight back to normal in the last panel
Dec 27, 2009 3:24 PM

May 2009
Nice chapter, too bad we didn't see more AkkoXMari but still I enjoyed it.
Dec 27, 2009 3:58 PM

May 2008
Mari x Akko is soo cute... Sugi is hot so its all good in this chapter but i wonder if Sugi is gonna swing that way (yuri) later in the story
Forever AtsuMina/TakAcchan/TakAtsuko <3

My Fanfics: Shiroi x Kuroi Tenshi, Maji, Kowai!, Nisemono, Futari (Ong) Three Chances (Fanfic Winner 2014) Naze (Fanfic Winner 2015)

Dec 27, 2009 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
I want AkkoxMari, NOT THE SLUT!!
afklasd
Meh another month of waiting for nothing.
Dec 28, 2009 11:12 AM
Jun 2008
Lots of people seem irked about this chapter being about Sugi. I personally don't mind because it means that there's a potential for another volume of Girl Friends. Were this chapter about Mari and Akko, it might have been the last chapter... ever.

Thankfully it was about a side character and not exactly plot relevant, so more Girl Friends in 2010!
Dec 29, 2009 10:51 PM

Apr 2009
i thought it was cute, i like learning a bit more about other characters and Sugi's a cutie ! lol
Dec 30, 2009 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
Somehow I understand her feelings :/
Poor Sugi-san
Dec 30, 2009 6:24 PM

Nov 2007
LOL love their conversation in the morning xD an offer for Mari to molest her rejected

But still seeing things from another characters perspective is pretty interesting,
Jan 4, 2010 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
Not many Sugi fans I see. Was a good chapter in my opinion. Shows that Mari and Akko are doing fine and we get to see Sugi's awesomeness.
Jan 15, 2010 12:40 AM

Feb 2009
tehnominator said:
Lots of people seem irked about this chapter being about Sugi. I personally don't mind because it means that there's a potential for another volume of Girl Friends. Were this chapter about Mari and Akko, it might have been the last chapter... ever.

Thankfully it was about a side character and not exactly plot relevant, so more Girl Friends in 2010!

There's potential allright. Knowing Morinaga she might make the other girls end up together. I think there's a potential in Sugi and Tamamin too. Morinaga earns money with the series, so I suspect she will make it last as long as she can. And if it involves making the orher girls gay, then she'll do it. She said once that 'cute girls should end up together', so SugixTamamin fans might see something in the future. I can imagine an arc, where Sugi and Tamamin will be experimenting with each other, but they'll realize in the end, that they're just really good friends, nothing more.

Not to mention the title just says Girl Friends, so the series might not focus only on Akko and Mari, but other close girl friends too. If the series continues, Akko and Mari might end up as side characters as their relationship develops.

But I really hope it will only focus on MAri and Akko, since they're the main heroines.
Jan 18, 2010 4:13 AM
Jun 2008
Radzeer said:
tehnominator said:

There's potential allright. Knowing Morinaga she might make the other girls end up together. I think there's a potential in Sugi and Tamamin too. Morinaga earns money with the series, so I suspect she will make it last as long as she can. And if it involves making the orher girls gay, then she'll do it. She said once that 'cute girls should end up together', so SugixTamamin fans might see something in the future. I can imagine an arc, where Sugi and Tamamin will be experimenting with each other, but they'll realize in the end, that they're just really good friends, nothing more.

Not to mention the title just says Girl Friends, so the series might not focus only on Akko and Mari, but other close girl friends too. If the series continues, Akko and Mari might end up as side characters as their relationship develops.

But I really hope it will only focus on MAri and Akko, since they're the main heroines.

Assuming it doesn't get cancelled.
Jan 25, 2010 9:01 PM

Jul 2006
Radzeer said:
tehnominator said:

Sounds like you're expecting a bit too much.
Sep 19, 2012 1:30 AM

Mar 2009
Wasted a chapter on the slut.
Mar 26, 2013 7:01 PM
Jan 2012
She isn't really a slut, stop being so judgmental, people!

And the chapter was nice, but a chapter focused on MarixAkko is always better.
Aug 15, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
Hahaha love how she teased Mari and Akko at the end with "How far have you two gone?" ...

Anyways also ironic that the teacher she loved became a molester.
Dec 25, 2014 7:22 AM

Feb 2014
I liked this chapter. It humanized Sugi quite a bit, who until now felt like the token slut character. Then again, had I read this manga while it was coming out, I'd probably be pissed like a lot of other commenters too.
Jun 9, 2015 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Feka said:
I want AkkoxMari, NOT THE SLUT!!

This :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 25, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2010
I love Sugi and Tamami, now I want moar chapters like this one~! Probably the best one in 4th volume, along with these focused solely on Akko <3
Oct 13, 2017 8:17 AM

Jun 2013
It's nice to see that there was more to Sugi than we knew. And it looks like Akko and Mari have overtaken her in the "race". She operates in a moral grey area, but she's been a net positive influence on the two.

This chapter was actually pretty funny, too, which is kind of impressive, due to the sensitive subject matter of some of the humor in it (i.e. train molesters in Japan). And I probably wouldn't have been able to resist teasing Akko and Mari either, if I had been Sugiyama. Too cute.
Apr 15, 2019 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I couldn't care less for Sugiyama. That said, I won't go that far to call her a slut but having five boyfriends who give you gifts, pay your dinners and think you're the only one for them doesn't say much about your selfish personality either...

Really uninteresting chapter overall.
Dec 25, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2018
Ok xD
Interesting chapter to know something more about Sugi-san.
Jan 14, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 2022
i really liked the chap actually because we got to see Sugi's real feelings and her yearning for a true love. I relate to her for that. But still having five boyfriends, literally using them and her arrogance about it really isn't good at all it's an awful thing to do. I hope she realizes it and drops them before finding her true love.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girl Friends Chapter 11 Discussion

Faust721 - May 31, 2008

18 by Flip_Flap17 »»
Jul 19, 2022 2:19 AM

Poll: » Girl Friends Chapter 7 Discussion

hotarugirl - Jul 10, 2009

12 by Flip_Flap17 »»
Jul 18, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Girl Friends Chapter 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Master10K - Aug 26, 2010

71 by Mark_27 »»
Jun 19, 2022 2:15 AM

Poll: » Girl Friends Chapter 18 Discussion

removed-user - Jan 1, 2009

20 by Mark_27 »»
Jun 18, 2022 1:52 AM

Poll: » Girl Friends Chapter 34 Discussion

kukaku - Jul 26, 2010

32 by Tamer2002 »»
Dec 26, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.