Forum Settings
Forums

Finished anime disappears or was deleted from my list

New
Dec 7, 2015 9:16 AM
Jul 2013
Been having this issue for a long time now is there a Way to get it fixed?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
KinetaJan 12, 2016 1:51 PM
Dec 7, 2015 9:23 AM

Apr 2011
What do you mean "disappears"?
Dec 7, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
If you could give us screenshots or something to let us properly understand your dilemma...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Jul 2013
What am trying to say is The finished anime which you have completed suddenly appears to not be on your completed anime list out of nowhere.
Dec 7, 2015 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
that shouldn't be possible. need more details to solve your problem.
personally that never happened to me and i never saw anyone having this kinda problem
leJackfrost said:
What am trying to say is The finished anime which you have completed suddenly appears to not be on your completed anime list out of nowhere.

u sure it's not just you mis-clicking or something?
Dec 7, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2014

Edit: So it goes missing?
What anime was it?
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 7, 2015 9:47 AM
Jul 2013
If it was a misclick I Wouldn't make a thread obviously there is something Wrong here I seen some old anime which I completed That wasn't being on my completed list.
Dec 7, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2009
What anime?

How did you add them to your list?
- Using the "Add to My List" link on the DB entry
- Using the Add to List feature
- Using another "Add" link somewhere else (e.g. top list)
- Using import
- Using app (i.e. something from here)
- Using API
- Using mobile version of the site
- Using external sites. Have you input your MAL login and password into any such sites (e.g. this one)?
- Another way?

Also I'd advise to change your password just in case

Love said:
i never saw anyone having this kinda problem

Possibly related:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1347952
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1368835
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1374965
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1402709
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1442364
Dec 7, 2015 10:09 AM
Jul 2013
I used to do it with The add to my list feature when I used my laptop to watch anime, but now its Only IMAL app on iPhone And no to The last question also its random anime which disappears from my list from time to time I realize I am missing some completed anime which is showing up on recommendations.
BariyadoDec 7, 2015 10:14 AM
Dec 7, 2015 10:15 AM

Oct 2009
leJackfrost said:
I used to do it with The add to my list feature when i used my laptop to watch anime, but now its Only IMAL app on iPhone

So how did you add anime that disappeared, specifically? Have you used The add to my list feature, or with the app?

leJackfrost said:
also its random anime which disappears from my list from time to time I realize I am missing some completed anime which is showing up on recommendations.

Are you completely sure they were added to the Completed section (have you ever seen them there?) and later disappeared, or were they never added in the first place? For how long are they in your list before they disappear? When did they start disappearing?

Have you ever made list exports?
SerhiykoDec 7, 2015 10:21 AM
Dec 7, 2015 10:32 AM
Jul 2013
I added Them via IMAL with The search function and selected watching and Yes, they Were in The completed section once I finished Them I recently added Yuri Yuri to my completed list, which I completed in 2011 when The anime finished airing I am not sure how long because it happens randomly I am sure a few disappears if I have to be honest I Would say around 1-2 and No they did not disappear all of Them it happens one at a time. No i dont Think so
Dec 23, 2015 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
I have noticed that i've added the same anime/manga a bunch of times now. Do they disappear after a while if you add it to plan to watch/read?
Dec 23, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2011
Some of them get merged (like 13 and Bankara which used to have their own entries with the manga of Gintama) but besides that I haven't seen something disappearing from a list
Dec 28, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
I added fullmetal alchemist brotherhood to my anime list and have been watching it, but when i opened my anime list today, it got deleted.

is there a way to get back my old data for it or no?
KinetaJan 12, 2016 1:50 PM
Dec 28, 2015 7:43 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
There's no choice but to add it back in manually unless you have saved a backup of your anime list.
Jan 2, 2016 11:58 PM

Jul 2013
Tensho said:
There's no choice but to add it back in manually unless you have saved a backup of your anime list.

I see. How do you backup your anime list ?
Jan 3, 2016 1:32 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
You can export your lists as an xml file here:

http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=export
Jan 3, 2016 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
That's been happening too me recently. E.g. I added 2 episodes of Tokyo Ghoul to my watching list in the evening, when I woke up in the morning, Tokyo Ghoul disappeared from my list...
Jan 3, 2016 4:46 AM

Jun 2008
Sounds scary. Are you using any programs for MAL?
Jan 3, 2016 8:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
The only way an entry should be disappearing from your list, is if you're adding a queue duplicate to your list instead of the legitimate entry.

Please note how you are adding entries to your list and be careful to add entries which have many users already on the entry.
Jan 11, 2016 2:47 PM
Jan 2014
I noticed the same problem. Animes I specifically remember having on my list at one point, confirmed to be there after pressing "add to list" on a laptop, I have to re-add to list. One example for a specific anime is kaze no yojimbo. I would say at least maybe a year or more ago i added it to my list, and now, after browsing for shows to watch, i found that it was no longer on my list. I do not have screenshots, as i just recently noticed animes from my list were missing that i specifically remember adding to the list. i also always confirm each anime gets properly added. I am watching to see if there are any changes from now on, so hopefully i can update on the situation. Unless something changed with the anime pages (like the link or name for the anime changed?) themselves which caused it to be removed from my list, i can't think of any reason for them to be removed. For now, only noticed missing anime from completed list.

Update: Makai Senki Disgaea and Master Mosquiton 99 also no longer on list. No changes on list from last post update, just other animes I am positive were once on my list.
WavaLaJan 12, 2016 6:08 AM
Jan 12, 2016 1:54 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Threads merged.

Notified our dev support team, but there isn't much to go on from my end. Hope someone has more information.
Jan 15, 2016 9:11 AM
Jul 2013
Reporting back Yesterday I'll Re-added Oneechan ga Kita which I completed when it finished airing.
Jan 15, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
I noticed that this problem is happening only when I'm logged in to my account from 2 different devices at the same time and I'm trying to update the number of episodes watched. It happens occassionaly, but if I spot any more major causes of the problem, I'll report them ASAP.
Mar 20, 2016 4:12 AM
Jul 2013
Just Re-added Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. That I finished around 2013 seems like this disappeared from my list too.
Mar 21, 2016 3:31 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Recuvan said:
I noticed that this problem is happening only when I'm logged in to my account from 2 different devices at the same time and I'm trying to update the number of episodes watched. It happens occassionaly, but if I spot any more major causes of the problem, I'll report them ASAP.

What kinds of devices? Are you using any apps?

leJackfrost said:
Just Re-added Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. That I finished around 2013 seems like this disappeared from my list too.

Are you still using an app? I think there might be a problem with the app. I've had cases before where people were using apps and these apps deleted entries without the users seeing it. Maybe you can contact the creator of the app and ask about this and give him all the information you have so they can fix the bug. Please note that there is no official app made by MyAnimeList, so if there's a problem with any app we as the MAL Staff can't help you with any problems/bugs.
Mar 21, 2016 4:56 AM
Jul 2013
Luna said:
Recuvan said:

What kinds of devices? Are you using any apps?

leJackfrost said:

Are you still using an app? I think there might be a problem with the app. I've had cases before where people were using apps and these apps deleted entries without the users seeing it. Maybe you can contact the creator of the app and ask about this and give him all the information you have so they can fix the bug. Please note that there is no official app made by MyAnimeList, so if there's a problem with any app we as the MAL Staff can't help you with any problems/bugs.

I am using IMAL2 on my iPhone I don't know if that causes the entries to be deleted, but I do use the myanimelist site to add some entries when The app doesn't work it sometimes doesn't show up on The app but Anything Else seems to work fine.
Mar 29, 2016 9:20 AM
Jul 2013
Just Re-added some more anime today which I had to use some time on vangurd and gate keeper is not on it Also changed app from Imal2 to myAnilist.

BariyadoJan 19, 2023 3:21 AM
Mar 29, 2016 6:29 PM

May 2010
Just noticed this happening to my list as well.

Some anime I completed in past disappears.

Also, some anime scores disappear but anime is still in list.
Mar 29, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2010
leJackfrost said:
Just Re-added some more anime today which I had to use some time on vangurd and gate keeper is not on it Also changed app from Imal2 to myAnilist.
https://m.imgur.com/a/IfqGk
Has it ever happened to an anime you added through the website?

naki13 said:

How were you adding the anime to your list? Mobile app as well or through the website?
Mar 29, 2016 9:58 PM

May 2010
Crocross said:
How were you adding the anime to your list? Mobile app as well or through the website?
The anime that disappeared/lost score were all through normal website.

I do also add anime through mobile website sometimes but the ones I have, I don't think have been affected (although can't be too sure since I have a lot of entries and could not remember them all if they suddenly disappear).
Mar 30, 2016 5:10 AM
Jul 2013
Crocross said:
leJackfrost said:
https://m.imgur.com/a/IfqGk
Has it ever happened to an anime you added through the website?

naki13 said:

it happend a few times.
BariyadoMar 30, 2016 5:16 AM
Apr 9, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2012
Noticed this problem too over time. For manga series that I haven't updated in a while, MAL no longer kept track of my chapter progress on it. Had thought it was just me forgetting to add the series in the first place but this has happened way to many times for it to be just my poor memory.
Apr 10, 2016 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
I've also been having this problem recently. I use the Pocket MAL app. I had to re-add Free! Eternal Summer and its special about a week ago and the scores of anime on my watching are occasionally being removed. I think some things have also disappeared off my PTW...
Jun 6, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2011
So for a long time I thought I was paranoid and imagined things. But now that I found this thread, I went back and did an extensive search by genre for titles I'm missing, and sure enough, Serial Experiments Lain disappeared from my list (I had it on my Dropped list). Full Metal Panic TSR is missing from my Completed list.

God knows what else is missing, there are way too many anime in my list to remember them all over a course of several years.

I've only ever used the website to add anime. Always checked they were added after.

Honestly, this should not ever be possible, and I'm saying this as a full stack developer myself. Even supposing that there were some database restores or periods of maintenance / servers offline etc, that should only have affected titles added during those periods, not older ones.

In any case, please check what's happening, because unreliability is the worst possible scenario for a tracking website such as this.

Edit: I found another one... Gantz 2nd Stage, should've been completed, instead it's completely missing.
DJ-LethalJun 6, 2016 10:25 AM
Jun 6, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2014
The same thing happened to me, only once thought. I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun to my list like I do with every anime I finish, by going on the anime page and clicking "add to my list" -> "add detailed info" I know because I always write something in tags and then check to see if it's there, which I did.

Then a few weeks later while browsing anime I realised that for some reason it wasn't on my list, I thought about it for quite some time about how maybe I didn't add it, but no I most definitely did. I just somehow got deleted.
Dec 5, 2016 7:22 AM
Jul 2013
This issue still seems to be unsolved

Re-added 3 finished Anime shows to my list.

School days, gintama', Boku dake ga Inai Machi
BariyadoDec 5, 2016 7:26 AM
Sep 10, 2018 11:17 AM
Feb 2017
I also have this problem.
Sep 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Sep 2018
I thought this happened to me once, but what I did wrong was not press the confirmation for reviews in the quick add menu. Your case may be different though.
Sep 10, 2018 1:32 PM
Apr 2017
Maybe try and go directly to the anime page, and try re-adding the episodes, or change the status from there.
Feb 26, 2019 6:04 PM
Jul 2015
This just happened to me. Used the iphone app lastnight to update my list with a few animes I’d completed. Higurashi.. rei and kei, as well as blood-c, and blood-c: the last dark. Both blood-cs disappeared entirely, and higurashi rei and kei were back on my “plan to watch” list instead of completed.... seems this is a long standing issue

— Just checked further and it seems that changes aren’t being saved? I hadnt updated my list for some time. Lastnight I added several animes to my completed list either by completing what was on my “plan to watch” or searching them up and sending them straight to “completed”. None of those changes were retained as of just now. When I attempted to add Blood-C: the last dark to completed, the app informed me a bug had occurred, and it seems that is when this “rewind” happened, back to the state of my list prior to me touching it lastnight. So perhaps the app bugged out, causing some sort of reset? Doesnt explain though why by trying to add blood-c: the last dark, both that and blood-c disappeared entirely. No where on my plan to watch or completed at all. From reading others’ issues I hope this can be resolved... For some peoplr who watch tons and tons of anime you cant be expected to remember each and every one for eternity- having to comb through your list to see if something is missing is a huge pain :/
VioletDripFeb 26, 2019 6:13 PM
Feb 27, 2019 6:49 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The API is currently offline and all unofficial apps that are working are doing some workaround, which is likely to produce bugs. So I suggest you contact the creator of the app and ask them about it, so they can have a look into what happened.

Everyone else who posted he or wants to post about this problem should please provide some more information:
- Did you use an app when it happened? (Not necessarily on the day it happened, but in general)
- Do you still have the problem now, assuming you're not using an app anymore?
Jun 23, 2019 1:12 PM

Nov 2011
I just witnessed the same thing happen to me. I probably saw Special A around 2012 and recently noticed it was gone from my "Completed" list so I re-added it anew. And I know for I fact that I read Kaitou Jeanne a couple of months ago but it disappeared from my manga list. Can't remember my progress or score on it but at least it's back. Now I'm paranoid that there's other things that have gone missing but haven't yet caught my eye.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jul 8, 2019 1:49 PM
Aug 2016
I see am not alone. I have exaclty the same problem. I did have to re-add soem animes i watch. Be tiem its pass, didnt have a problem. Today ia add Re:zero memory snow and its should be 250 completed anime ( have before completeding 249). But it didnt change. Its now 249 as was. Soo something is missing.

I use Google chrome with Kasperkty addon and also http everywhere.
Dont use any app only PC?

Could it be that https everywhere is somehow deleting my entres?
Jul 17, 2019 7:27 AM
Dec 2016
This problem is happening to me, too. I remembered I "readded" Log Horizon from my completed list, 2 times. I'm not sure which way I add it, but I'm sure the first time I added it was through the website and now for the second time I added it with the mobile app.
Jan 31, 2020 6:18 AM

Aug 2015
Something similar happened to me recently and i noticed it only because my list went from 1000 entries to 999, but i cannot find which title it was, maybe it was removed from the database or something, is there any way to investigate.

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

4 by Noboru »»
39 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.