Forum Settings
Forums

Posts deleting from my 'Completed' list?

New
Apr 19, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
Tonight I logged into my account and noticed I was missing my entry for Kite. This has happened on more than one occasion, two other entries (Elfen Lied, Rosario + Vampire) being deleted as well before adding the entry again. I haven't deleted any of them on any of those occasions, and I'm beginning to think there's a bug with my anime list.

Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thank you
Apr 19, 2015 1:48 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Does anyone else have access to your account? (maybe if you share your computer with someone else)

Or do you use any apps or other programs that can add/delete things from the list or synchronize with the list? Maybe there's a bug in this app/program or you accidentally deleted an entry with it and didn't even notice it.
Apr 19, 2015 2:21 AM

Oct 2009
How did you add them to your list?
- Using the "Add to My List" link on the DB entry
- Using the Add to List feature
- Using another "Add" link somewhere else (e.g. top list)
- Using import
- Using app
- Using API
- Using mobile version of the site
- Another way?

Did you first add them to one category and move them to another one?

Do you use any userscripts?

Do you see your original additions here:
http://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=320
http://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=226
http://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=2993
?
SerhiykoApr 19, 2015 2:28 AM
Apr 19, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2014
Hey guys, thanks for responding so soon! At the moment I share a computer (my mum and I have a desktop), however I have my own account which I log out of after use. I usually make entries by mobile, however if I'm on the pc I put them on there. I usually add from the list in the panel, when you first open MAL, though I occasionally do add from the link at the top when viewing my list if I find I forgot to add something.

I don't think I have any apps that would mess with MAL but I will be sure to look!

And unfortunately no, only the ones I've re-added are there in the links, not the orig posts. :/
Apr 19, 2015 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
Lunoire said:
Hey guys, thanks for responding so soon! At the moment I share a computer (my mum and I have a desktop), however I have my own account which I log out of after use. I usually make entries by mobile, however if I'm on the pc I put them on there. I usually add from the list in the panel, when you first open MAL, though I occasionally do add from the link at the top when viewing my list if I find I forgot to add something.

Can you tell the exact way you added "Kite", "Elfen Lied" and "Rosario + Vampire" in particular?

Did you first add them with some other status (if so, which one?) and then edited them? Or did you add them as "Completed" right away?
Apr 21, 2015 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
Well I did watch Rosario + Vampire before even creating an account (first anime watched ever). I added that as "completed" immediately, and if I remember it was on the add link from the panel.

Elfen Lied was added via mobile as "watching" before "completed".

As for Kite, that was done on my mobile as well but added as "completed" since I watched that quickly.
Apr 21, 2015 7:51 AM

Oct 2009
Lunoire said:
Elfen Lied was added via mobile as "watching" before "completed".

Both special and TV?
Apr 26, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
No, while the Anime was added as "watching" on my mobile before "complete", I entered the Special as complete since I watched it before adding.
Apr 26, 2015 5:05 PM

Oct 2009
Lunoire said:
No, while the Anime was added as "watching" on my mobile before "complete", I entered the Special as complete since I watched it before adding.

And they both disappeared?
Apr 28, 2015 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
Not the special but not too long ago that my entry for EL was missing - I don't remember deleting it. The same thing happened to Rosario + Vampire and Kite, which I know for sure I definitely didn't delete. Is there a possibility the theme I have on my list can glitch with my list and cause random entries to delete?
Apr 29, 2015 3:58 AM

Oct 2009
Lunoire said:
Is there a possibility the theme I have on my list can glitch with my list and cause random entries to delete?

No

More topics from this board

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

136 by deg »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3395 by Kozeki »»
Yesterday, 11:09 PM

» 2FA not works

Dhanamerdeka - Yesterday

3 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

» Sync from anilist

Tmarma - Jul 18, 2023

3 by xKasio »»
Yesterday, 7:47 PM

mozgow - Yesterday

0 by mozgow »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.