Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2009 1:01 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wish it ended with a better cliffhanger, but it was alright I guess. Hopefully Oda will let Luffy fight with haki this time around rather than making it a one time affair.

Also seems like the battle is taking a toll on Whitebeard and his crew. Really seems like Whitebeard's going to die at the end of this arc.
radiantfireDec 24, 2009 1:23 PM
Dec 24, 2009 1:40 PM

Aug 2008
ya more of him with Haki fighting will be awesome
glad he did it at that moment

i wonder if he can like put haki in his fist like they did with the arrows and what not.

ya whitebeard is prally gonna die and pass on something to someone.
Dec 24, 2009 1:48 PM

Sep 2007
I don"t want WB to be dead.
But i know it's normal ...
Dec 24, 2009 1:49 PM

Nov 2009
I think luffys haki is going to be his "getting out of a pinch move" but would be awesome if he learns to use it more. a jet bazooka with haki.. man thats just gotta make you smile! :D but yeah i agree WB is going to die, but looks like ace is going to be saved at least.
Dec 24, 2009 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
Cody tried and got pounded by Luffy xD but now Luffy has shown has Haki can he put it to good use I wonder =O
Dec 24, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
haki use nice, amazing power as always
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 24, 2009 5:04 PM

Jan 2008
pretty decent chapter to me. I don't want it to come down to the point that luffy's the man to save the day. I think he needs to see how useless he is till the end of this chaos in order for him to understand the importance of improving his abilities such as using haki at will. With WB about to die and his crew as good as dead, I don't see any alternative ending without Luffy to somehow save Ace. After all the exhaustion he is going through, there is a possibility that he will not remember any of this, when he comes to his senses after having some sort of coma. Back to square one...

Anyway, I believe Oda will pull off something better than the worst case scenario mentioned above.
Dec 24, 2009 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
When he learns to control it, luffy might be able to freeze even the Admirals in there tracks and take advantage in battle, I wonder if his haki will develop into something new and never seen before in there world.

Dec 24, 2009 10:02 PM
Jun 2007
and so it's finally unleashed. I'd say that that was a perfect manner to unleash it by stopping the descent of the blades and startling everyone. I don't expect Luffy to do something as miraculous--or rather absurd--as taking out an Admiral, or a Shichibukai, or several VAs. Despite his Haki, what he did will just be a rallying warcry for those wanting to save Ace. Nothing more, nothing less.
Dec 25, 2009 5:44 AM

Jun 2009
It's just getting really interesting now. Really makes you wonder just how useful is emperor's Haki compared to Logia fruit abilities. And yes WB will die ):
Dec 25, 2009 6:12 AM

May 2008
as will probably Marco and Jozy
Dec 25, 2009 7:43 AM
Oct 2007
i love how cody had no chance against luffy.. also, truly shows that luffy's heart will not be swayed by even a friend. they may be friends, but on the battlefield they are enemies.

it was obvious that luffys haki would be released as soon as the execution is about to happen, while everyone is helpless to stop it. but, in all honesty.. this is what i don't get about these stories. why have some little grunt marine do the work? why even bother to make an entire spectacle.

"yes, this is indeed gol d rogers remaining blood relative. " - Bang gun to the head.
is it more humane to stab him with 2 huge swords? was there really a need for a time limit, or a schedule? yes, we are indeed pushing up the schedule, to right now! - bang, ace dies..

but, i do suppose it is more dramatic this way, and gives the opposing force some time to have a fighting chance.

--------------

as for the chapter, i did enjoy it.. when luffy's haki was released and the grunts started to faint. i was like awesome and completely speechless.

oh, man Boa - talk about the key to luffy being alive. lucky bastard.
Dec 25, 2009 11:04 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Nice save by Ace's savior.

Dec 25, 2009 11:07 AM

Jan 2008
lol I was waiting for him to explode like that. And if he goes down again, Luffy dies. That's a scary thought.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 25, 2009 11:07 AM

Mar 2009
what a cliffhanger! and It was only 15 pages this time but ahh well atleast we get to see Luffy's hakki.
Dec 25, 2009 11:42 AM
Feb 2009
White Beard!! ;___;

Also: haha Coby only lasted one page.
Dec 25, 2009 12:11 PM

Feb 2009
I agree pretty good the chapter and I also think that Whitebeard will die at the end of the arc, even if its not cool.

I hope Ruffy's body won't be too worn out from Iva-chan's doping and plus the Haki now. Nevertheless it would be cool if Ruffy finally could attack with it at his own will, otherwise he won't stand a chance against Garp and the Admirals.
Dec 25, 2009 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
Haha nice, Luffy was able to stop those two marines from beheading Ace.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 25, 2009 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
luffy is a monster hopefully he can use haki now and man he owned coby damn^^

5/5
Dec 25, 2009 2:38 PM

Oct 2009
Dang, WB is at the verge of death, then Luffy startles the crap out of everyone with an overpowering Haoshoku Haki. It could go either way and its starting to get even better than ever.
MyVermillionDec 25, 2009 2:47 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SakataKintoki&sclick=1]
Dec 25, 2009 3:17 PM

Jun 2007
~awesome!
Dec 25, 2009 5:18 PM
Sep 2007
Poor Coby, and Whitebread is just so awesome, its going to be sad to see him die.
Hi
Dec 25, 2009 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
i wonder if WB will really die since Oda did say that he will avoid scenes of murder and deaths :S
Dec 25, 2009 6:35 PM
Oct 2009
i wonder if any1 else there beside Luffy and Hancock can use that King's Haki
Dec 25, 2009 7:10 PM

May 2007
Luffy finally shows his haki...! :D Even thought he doesn't even notice it. XD

So, will Whitebeard die in this arc? :(

Dec 25, 2009 7:44 PM

Jun 2009
CoolKidsClub said:

maybe top pirates can use it,,,like WB,,,
Dec 25, 2009 7:56 PM

Sep 2009
The fact that Luffy has a really strong hidden ability like Haki kinda annoys me. I always thought One Piece was really great becuase it didn't have a weird power that was unlocked just through emotions but was still really good.
But whatever. Gives us something to look forward too :)
Dec 25, 2009 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
dam gatta love Luffy XD
I WANT MORE OP =D
Dec 26, 2009 2:33 AM

May 2008
IZUMI64 said:
CoolKidsClub said:

maybe top pirates can use it,,,like WB,,,

you forgot about rogers right hand man Silvers Rayleigh
and of course shanks
im not shore about
whitebeard though because even though hes the worlds strongest man we've never seen him release any

Dec 26, 2009 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
finally, luffy used his true power. Strong will and pure haki is his best weapon i guess
damn marco got pwned too? .. where the hell is shanks, law, drake and co. ? man, even sengoku and aokiji crapped their pants
loved it
Dec 26, 2009 5:58 PM

Feb 2008
haha coby never saw it coming. i guess he doesn't think this is a fight to the death.

so now all eyes will be on luffy.
Dec 27, 2009 12:18 AM

May 2008
CoolKidsClub said:

Yeah, like dragafire said, Rayleigh and Shanks can most likely use it. They've knocked people out from a distance with Haki, so whether or not that is the 'Kings Disposition' that Luffy has and which one is stronger is the question.

Interesting chapter, and it was one of the better ones out of the last 5-10 chapters, but i guess that's to be expected since it's reaching the climax of the arc. Some things i didn't like was that it felt somewhat rushed, and by that i mean Marco just suddenly getting owned by some random vice admiral(?) with seastone handcuffs, and also Diamond Joss(sp?) just suddenly being shown frozen(pwned) aswell. I would have liked to see some of their battle vs the admirals in greater detail, but i guess skipping to the good bit was also good, otherwise this battle might drag on for too long, and i guess there is always time later on to further explore these characters and their powers. Of course, i'm assuming that Marco isn't already dead or dying.. I will be pretty annoyed if that does turn out to be the case. Such a waste because i would really like to see more of him, but i guess a Marco/WB flashback arc would also suffice. :)

I can't wait to see what Garp will do, i'm assuming he will be the last line of defense and he will have to make a decision soon as to whether or not to he will fight seriously against Luffy.

Did anyone else spot that marine with the loveheart sunglasses foaming at the mouth in the middle-bottom panel? Oda's has a good sense of comedic timing by putting him in there.. lol! What was his name again?

Also, notice that Aokiji doesn't seem to know what Haki is, or what Luffy just did.. "Hey Hey, he must be using magic..", like he's so surprised that in a world where every second person has some kind of wacky fruit power, it must be 'magic'. lol. I'm almost certain that Garp knows about Haki(along with Sengoku of course), and he might also be able to use it, so i guess that shows that Aokiji is not on the same level of experience or intelligence as Garp, even though he is an admiral and meant to be higher rank than Garp. I wonder if the other two admirals know about it? They seem older and have more experience(with Rayleigh/Shanks/Roger/WB etc), so they have probably encountered it before at least..

But yeah, big question is what will Luffy and his Haki do with the odds completely stacked against him now that WB is almost dead, along with his top 2 commanders..

Can't wait for next chapter, anyone know when it's gonna come out? Are they taking a week or two off for new years? Cheers.
ex0Dec 27, 2009 12:31 AM
Dec 27, 2009 1:43 AM
Apr 2009
I've got a feeling Luffy while using Haki just now will collapse before reaching Ace and this time he won't be getting up. I'm quite glad the Arc is almost near the end seemingly, kinda getting bored of it.
Dec 27, 2009 3:40 AM
Nov 2007
Also, notice that Aokiji doesn't seem to know what Haki is, or what Luffy just did.. "Hey Hey, he must be using magic..", like he's so surprised that in a world where every second person has some kind of wacky fruit power, it must be 'magic'. lol.

I disgaree. Aokiji's more likely to be in denial that Luffy possesses such a haki. The shadowed expression near his eyes and the sweat on his face reinforces this.

In a way, his reaction highlights the expression, "Anything but that."
radiantfireJan 3, 2010 9:57 PM
Dec 27, 2009 4:08 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the look on Sengoku's face when Luffy used Haki, and those executioners were knocked unconcious.

I thought Admiral Aokuji's reaction was strange, because he said that luffy'; ''probably used magic''...but it was probably 'denial' like you said yourself radiantfire.

I was suprised Coby actually tryed to stop Luffy, that showed some guts.

Great chapter!, i can't wait for the next one! :D
VashXTrigunDec 27, 2009 4:14 AM
Dec 27, 2009 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
Heh heh finally the haki comes out which gives Luffy at least a fighting chance.
Dec 27, 2009 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
The only thing that annoys me still to this point is the fact that Sengoku or Grap haven't really gotten into the mix. I still feel a little let down after the two chapter endings that announced they were going to enter the war(Of course with the WB pirates getting destroyed as they are i can kinda understand, just a little let down by that).

Overall this was a really good chapter, i enjoyed it a lot. Luffy finally going to kick ass, lets hope he remembers he uses Haki this time and can actually use it as his own will.
Dec 27, 2009 8:58 AM

Sep 2009
ex0 said:
Did anyone else spot that marine with the loveheart sunglasses foaming at the mouth in the middle-bottom panel? Oda's has a good sense of comedic timing by putting him in there.. lol! What was his name again?

That's Django from the Black Cat Pirates in the East Blue Saga.

ex0 said:
Also, notice that Aokiji doesn't seem to know what Haki is, or what Luffy just did.. "Hey Hey, he must be using magic..", like he's so surprised that in a world where every second person has some kind of wacky fruit power, it must be 'magic'.

I agree with radiantfire

ex0 said:
lol. I'm almost certain that Garp knows about Haki(along with Sengoku of course), and he might also be able to use it,

That'd be cool if Garp could use it X)

ex0 said:
Can't wait for next chapter, anyone know when it's gonna come out? Are they taking a week or two off for new years? Cheers.

This chapter actually just got translated really quickly. It was supposed to be the chapter that we would get to read next week. I guess it takes around a week to translate? But anyway there shouldn't be any Shonen Jump for us until January 14-15 unless it comes out a week early again.
HobbzzDec 27, 2009 9:01 AM
Dec 27, 2009 11:20 AM

Oct 2008
I want to see Shanks soon...

(*^ー゚)b ( ̄∇ ̄*)♪
Dec 27, 2009 12:01 PM
Jun 2007
ex0 said:
Interesting chapter, and it was one of the better ones out of the last 5-10 chapters, but i guess that's to be expected since it's reaching the climax of the arc. Some things i didn't like was that it felt somewhat rushed, and by that i mean Marco just suddenly getting owned by some random vice admiral(?) with seastone handcuffs, and also Diamond Joss(sp?) just suddenly being shown frozen(pwned) aswell.

I don't know about rushed but the sequence of events that lead to Marco's capture and Joz's incapacitation are completely plausible considering that in the previous chapter Whitebeard was on his knees, coughing blood. That demoralized the 2 commanders that they let themselves distracted and an opening presented themselves to the Admirals they were facing respectively; that proved to be enough since the 2 fights appeared to be at least a stalemate.
Dec 27, 2009 12:05 PM

May 2007
ex0 said:
Also, notice that Aokiji doesn't seem to know what Haki is, or what Luffy just did.. "Hey Hey, he must be using magic..", like he's so surprised that in a world where every second person has some kind of wacky fruit power, it must be 'magic'. lol. I'm almost certain that Garp knows about Haki(along with Sengoku of course), and he might also be able to use it, so i guess that shows that Aokiji is not on the same level of experience or intelligence as Garp, even though he is an admiral and meant to be higher rank than Garp. I wonder if the other two admirals know about it? They seem older and have more experience(with Rayleigh/Shanks/Roger/WB etc), so they have probably encountered it before at least..

Aohige in Arlong Park confirmed this and WhiteBeard's line "There's no way I could've stopped that" as mistranslations. They were supposed to be "Whoa, you gotta be kiddin' me..." for Ao Kiji and "Useless!! You think I can't stop you from.... GAH!!" for WB.
Dec 27, 2009 5:02 PM

Jun 2007
Avarice said:
ex0 said:
Interesting chapter, and it was one of the better ones out of the last 5-10 chapters, but i guess that's to be expected since it's reaching the climax of the arc. Some things i didn't like was that it felt somewhat rushed, and by that i mean Marco just suddenly getting owned by some random vice admiral(?) with seastone handcuffs, and also Diamond Joss(sp?) just suddenly being shown frozen(pwned) aswell.

I don't know about rushed but the sequence of events that lead to Marco's capture and Joz's incapacitation are completely plausible considering that in the previous chapter Whitebeard was on his knees, coughing blood. That demoralized the 2 commanders that they let themselves distracted and an opening presented themselves to the Admirals they were facing respectively; that proved to be enough since the 2 fights appeared to be at least a stalemate.

Not only that. Jose had the problem of running into an enemy not really suited for him. And Marko was too busy keeping an eye on Whitebeard since he fears for his health. Like Kizaru said. A split second is all it takes.
Dec 27, 2009 9:20 PM

Aug 2009
GanonBR said:

Aohige in Arlong Park confirmed this and WhiteBeard's line "There's no way I could've stopped that" as mistranslations. They were supposed to be "Whoa, you gotta be kiddin' me..." for Ao Kiji and "Useless!! You think I can't stop you from.... GAH!!" for WB.

then they should fix the translations instead of leaving it like that making everyone misunderstand the situation >.<
(i thought something was weird since i didn't get what they were talking about in those parts =/)
Dec 29, 2009 5:37 PM

May 2008
radiantfire said:
I disgaree. Aokiji's more likely to be in denial that Luffy possesses such a haki. The shadowed expression near his eyes and the sweat in his face reinforces this.

Hmm, interesting, and it seems most others also agree with you. But yeah.. Aokiji doesn't strike me as the type who would say such 'unnecessary things' and/or lie like that. He's too cool to be saying that kinda stuff lol

Or are you saying that he knows what it is, but he doesn't know the proper name(ie Haki)? Where do you think he's seen or 'experienced' it before? He seems to be the youngest, laziest, and also least experienced out of all the admirals, so i wouldn't really be surprised if he has not come across it before, or more plausible theory, is he doesn't know the nature or name of the move, even if he has come across it before.

Even if he knows about Haki, like some Haki users being able to hit him when he's in his 'ethereal' form, i don't know if he knows about the knocking people out form a distance Kings Disposition Haki. As far as i know, that is extremely rare, and not many people would knw abot it, let alone seen it. The only people who have been shown to have it so far, is Shanks, and Rayleigh Silver, and of course Luffy. It's been hinted at that Boa also has it, but it hasn't been shown yet. Considering the rarity of it, and how secretive i'm guessing Shanks and Rayleigh would be about showing it to marines etc, i don't think it's that hard for Aokiji to really be surprised and scared, rather than just be in denial.

The sweat and bags under his eyes mean to me that he's actually worried or surprised(that luffy did it). Add to that his speech, it does sound to me like he's not as knowledgable about it as you would think(i bet Garp/Sengoku or even Aikanu/Kizaru know much more than him about it)If he knew what it was, why would he be in 'denial' when he just saw Luffy do it? Doesn't really make sense.
Jan 2, 2010 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
^Personally, I just think Aokiji is stunned that Luffy can use that, it's not your every day sight. I doubt that he simply doesn't know what it's called, he's just baffled.

He might be the most inexperienced Admiral, but I doubt he lacks such knowledge. He might have heard of it, and seeing Luffy use it was just surprising.

Shank's expression is still my favorite in that last page.
As to how the manga will continue, I wonder about that too. Once this fight is over, the probability of WB dying is high, that's pretty sure, and he will most likely make Ace the captain or have some other important words. Luffy won't beat any of the admirals or vice-admirals; he could beat one of the seven gods of the sea but he's not facing them at the moment and probably won't face them at all here anymore.

He will help with Ace's rescue with more than just the haki seeing as he has the keys, but it could very well turn out for the worst and Ace not making out of this alive either. If that happens, why would Luffy not get killed though, if WB's crew is done with? They are the only advantage the pirates have atm. If they're done, Luffy has no chance of not getting killed if the pirates lose (getting thrown in jail? no way), but I don't see the possibility of Dragon making an appearance impossible.

Luffy arrived while the fight was still being broadcasted, even when the marine announced that he was Dragon's son, so the revolutionary man has no reason to not go there anymore (if he really wanted to hide the father-son link from the marine). He possibly saw Iva (or w/e) too.

That's just one of the too many outcomes possible for this arc, and that outcome is very important to the rest of the manga. Maybe the blackbeard crew will make an appearance? Unlikely and I hope not, I don't feel like seeing them atm. No news about the rest of the strawhats is not worrying me though, but I wonder how many months it will take to see them re-united again. I doubt they have already met up above the merman's island (forgot name), and noticed Luffy is in a bad situation, so it's unlikely they will arrive at the marines headquarter. Even if they do, they wouldn't help at all in a moderate~big way, even if they're helped by the other 200~300 million bounty captains.

IMO it's more likely that the Marines turn out victorious, because they wouldn't give up even if it meant dying, and I don't see the admirals and such dying just yet.
HakoriaJan 2, 2010 3:24 PM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jan 2, 2010 2:57 PM

Jun 2007
ex0 said:
radiantfire said:
I disgaree. Aokiji's more likely to be in denial that Luffy possesses such a haki. The shadowed expression near his eyes and the sweat in his face reinforces this.

Hmm, interesting, and it seems most others also agree with you. But yeah.. Aokiji doesn't strike me as the type who would say such 'unnecessary things' and/or lie like that. He's too cool to be saying that kinda stuff lol

Or are you saying that he knows what it is, but he doesn't know the proper name(ie Haki)? Where do you think he's seen or 'experienced' it before? He seems to be the youngest, laziest, and also least experienced out of all the admirals, so i wouldn't really be surprised if he has not come across it before, or more plausible theory, is he doesn't know the nature or name of the move, even if he has come across it before.

Even if he knows about Haki, like some Haki users being able to hit him when he's in his 'ethereal' form, i don't know if he knows about the knocking people out form a distance Kings Disposition Haki. As far as i know, that is extremely rare, and not many people would knw abot it, let alone seen it. The only people who have been shown to have it so far, is Shanks, and Rayleigh Silver, and of course Luffy. It's been hinted at that Boa also has it, but it hasn't been shown yet. Considering the rarity of it, and how secretive i'm guessing Shanks and Rayleigh would be about showing it to marines etc, i don't think it's that hard for Aokiji to really be surprised and scared, rather than just be in denial.

The sweat and bags under his eyes mean to me that he's actually worried or surprised(that luffy did it). Add to that his speech, it does sound to me like he's not as knowledgable about it as you would think(i bet Garp/Sengoku or even Aikanu/Kizaru know much more than him about it)If he knew what it was, why would he be in 'denial' when he just saw Luffy do it? Doesn't really make sense.

You're reading too much into it. Aokiji said: "Whoa, you gotta be kidding me...."
He probably knows full well what Haki is. He's a vice admiral! AND a Logia user. Not knowing about Haki would be a major weakness and not something the marines can afford. Why would the others keep him in the dark? I think he reacted this way because he didn't expect to see Luffy showing a burst of haki, let alone King's Disposition. Especially after the asswhoopin he gave him after the Davy Back fight.
Jan 7, 2010 1:23 AM

Nov 2009
I seriously cant w8 for the next chapter!!!! But its 90% obvious Ace will be saved and 10% Ace will die. Main characters almost always win (except when Kuma beat up Luffy's whole crew).

And other unbelievable scenes too .... let's see .... if Whitebeard dies, then it's too obvious Luffy will be the next pirate king. However, if they both die, then the pirate king might be Kid or Law. That's how it is.

Anyway, just wondering ... when will 670 come out?
Jan 8, 2010 6:13 PM

Mar 2009
when is 570 coming?!?!
...If you're looking for a clever and witty signature you've come to the wrong place.
Jan 8, 2010 7:58 PM

May 2007
KickassErik said:
when is 570 coming?!?!

Should be out next week.
May 31, 2010 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
trully an exciting story, I can't stop reading now, poor Whitebeard, looks like he really is doomed, but he will take many with him to the grave, that's for sure.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

32 by jas-samaaa »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

19 by Explncos »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.