Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 28, 2016 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
Such a perfect movie, I loved everything about it and I just need more of GuP in my life. I'm really glad they earned a lot of money from making this movie so I'm hoping for a second season just please give it to me.

EDIT: Kinda wish MAL would have better cover of this movie, don't really like all the text on the cover when it airs etc.
TenthMay 29, 2016 4:55 PM
May 28, 2016 10:01 PM
Nov 2010
I have to agree I would love more GUP. Such a damn good movie
May 28, 2016 10:42 PM

Nov 2012
I couldn't ask for a better movie myself.

Simple, cliché but entertaining plot
Awesome action sequences
Dank humour

GuP prove that it is still the best of its genre

9/10
May 28, 2016 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
My whole reaction for this movie was, what the fuck...? Not in any bad way of course.
May 28, 2016 11:11 PM

May 2012
I just cant hate this show.. every characters are adorable and battle are always intense.. Ill rate this a GOD DAMN GREAT/10..

May 29, 2016 12:00 AM

Apr 2011
Fantastic and fun movie. How I've waited for so long to watch this and it didn't disappoint. It made my day. That was an intense battle with all the schools transferring and joining forces with Miho.

Too bad there wasn't any victory party. It would be nice to see all have conversations.

I feel like doing a marathon, watching from the tv series, the ova, and then the movie. Hopefully, they'll make a 2nd season.
May 29, 2016 12:42 AM

Sep 2014
a very good and fantastic movie.

Worth the wait for me. Anyways special thanks to Ferry-senpai for saving those little tanks out of massacre.

Hoping for a 2nd season as well.
May 29, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2015
hell, what a ride....so intense and amazing, derpy physics and lol tactics made fight scenes so enjoyable and funny. But the best thing is that all the girls are awesome and god damn kewl!
hmm
another season? just my opinion, may be it would be fun if it's about a whole new cast of characters like in the manga Girls Und Panzer Little Army 2?
Okami_dogeMay 29, 2016 1:47 AM
May 29, 2016 2:53 AM

Nov 2011
This movie was so insane O_O
It had dramatic Russian deaths,

roller coaster duels,

Ferris wheel diversions,

Japanese duck guerrilla tactics,

Drifts Galore,

the cutest antagonist ever :D,

A smile worth protecting,

and just plain epic scenes.

Not to mention that incredible animation on the Nishizumi sister's flashback. I wish I knew how to make gifs because screenshots cant capture how good the looked. Also those awesome shots during the duel. T_T

One of the best anime movies I've watched in 2016. Hell, it was the best I've seen for in long time. There's just so much awesome scenes that I cant screenshot them all. The Italian tankette serve, the crusader tank assault leap, the death of that KArl monster mortar to name a few. Also f*k physics! XD
From the opening jabs to the previous season, the animation, and the characters. I loved it all to bits. Perhaps the weakest part of the film was the plot. But damn the action was awesome. 9/10 I absolutely love it.

Also heres few jabs at the Wot community from me :P

Melcookie96May 29, 2016 3:28 AM
May 29, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2014
I haven't even finish watching this and only reached the 20:00 minute mark but that has to be the best first 20 minutes of an anime movie I have ever watched in my life.....

....CYKA BLYAT RUSH B
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 29, 2016 8:43 AM
Jul 2015
Damn, love this movie! like the TV series, it's pretty awesome.

I also like the half an hour OVA that occurs after the movie, lmao @ Alice school transfer decision though.
BlackPunisher76May 29, 2016 8:59 AM
May 29, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
Enjoyed this one thoroughly: here's my full review and a lot of screenshots, since I definitely won't be able to fit everything here.
BOOM HEADSHOT
May 29, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2014
Would anyone want to volunteer to start the Arisu war OVA thread discussion?

InfiniteZenith said:
Enjoyed this one thoroughly: here's my full review and a lot of screenshots, since I definitely won't be able to fit everything here.

Your reviews are top notch! I'm trying to practice my essay writing skills by putting up a mini synopsis of anime episodes i follow and I could learn a lot from you x)

I'll be fully reading the movie review once I re-watch it with subs
May 29, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2015
A great tribute to the elegant art of blasting the shit out of each other!
AvidAnimeViewerMay 29, 2016 12:21 PM
May 29, 2016 2:27 PM
Dec 2013
The antagonist doesn't give a ... what other people think, she does what she wants.

May 29, 2016 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
Dem production values doe.

Fucking love the film, nothing to complain about.
May 29, 2016 7:09 PM
Sep 2011
This movie is fucking hilarious, lot of epic scene and dafuq moment, overall very entertaining, i laughed for 2 hours duration of this movie

10/10

Edit: need moar panzer, S2 when?
Duck_knightMay 29, 2016 7:45 PM
May 29, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2008
One word ~
AWESOME !!
May 29, 2016 11:35 PM

Jun 2013
One of the best movies i've seen in my life.
May 30, 2016 12:44 AM

Sep 2015
I have never been so into a movie for the entire duration for a long time. The movie really hits home for Girls und Panzer fans and is packed full of everything that made the original series so great. Epic tank battles, cute girls, epic tank battles and last but not least, epic tank battles.

It was great to see the whole gang team up and take on a university pro league team. The feeling compares to watching your favorite sport during the All-Star games with superstar teams consisting of the best players. The dream team was real in this movie. It's so sad that there won't be potentially any more Girls und Panzer after this.

Few moments that I loved:
- Beginning is a nearly 30 minute battle scene
- Miho and friends visit the bear park, attractions were a bit wonky
- Pravda, St. Gloriana, Anzio, Chihatan and Keizoku coming to Ooarai's aid
- Few minutes of no dialogue near the end of the film, intense action
- Miho and her sister working together in perfect harmony at the end
- Anzu jumping and hugging Miho at the end, so adorable
- The freaking front flip to kill the artillery, LOL

Girls und Panzer fans will NOT be dissapointed!
May 30, 2016 3:19 AM

Jun 2013
HecticLeo said:
It's so sad that there won't be potentially any more Girls und Panzer after this.

What makes you say this?

After all the fame and money alone they earned from this movie ( I mean... the movie was second selling in Japan, that is insane success ) not making season 2 ( for which they already have established plot - World Tournament. Now that Miho and the gang beat the number 1 Pro team in Japan they are pretty much confirmed as main Japan representatives ) would be insane move. Pretty much equal to suicide.

I expect that season 2 will hit us in a few years. If not at the end of next year already giving how muhc popular the franchise is now.
May 30, 2016 7:30 AM
Sep 2011
BrotherCoa said:
HecticLeo said:
It's so sad that there won't be potentially any more Girls und Panzer after this.

What makes you say this?

After all the fame and money alone they earned from this movie ( I mean... the movie was second selling in Japan, that is insane success ) not making season 2 ( for which they already have established plot - World Tournament. Now that Miho and the gang beat the number 1 Pro team in Japan they are pretty much confirmed as main Japan representatives ) would be insane move. Pretty much equal to suicide.

I expect that season 2 will hit us in a few years. If not at the end of next year already giving how muhc popular the franchise is now.

Given how busy the director is, he did Shriobako and is doing Mayoiga this season, I could see it being a few years until a season 2. Given that World Tournament is 2 years in story away I could even see a timeskip.
May 30, 2016 9:13 AM
Apr 2014
HecticLeo said:
I have never been so into a movie for the entire duration for a long time. The movie really hits home for Girls und Panzer fans and is packed full of everything that made the original series so great. Epic tank battles, cute girls, epic tank battles and last but not least, epic tank battles.

It was great to see the whole gang team up and take on a university pro league team. The feeling compares to watching your favorite sport during the All-Star games with superstar teams consisting of the best players. The dream team was real in this movie. It's so sad that there won't be potentially any more Girls und Panzer after this.

Few moments that I loved:
- Beginning is a nearly 30 minute battle scene
- Miho and friends visit the bear park, attractions were a bit wonky
- Pravda, St. Gloriana, Anzio, Chihatan and Keizoku coming to Ooarai's aid
- Few minutes of no dialogue near the end of the film, intense action
- Miho and her sister working together in perfect harmony at the end
- Anzu jumping and hugging Miho at the end, so adorable
- The freaking front flip to kill the artillery, LOL

Girls und Panzer fans will NOT be dissapointed!

^same.
I give it 100/10!!! THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT !!! TT^TT Best 2 hours of my night! s2 please :3

and also, that flashback scene was superb! It was really heartwarming seeing the relationship those two sisters had when they were kids.
May 30, 2016 9:28 AM
Feb 2014
They create a nice "roller coaster" movie..start with a battle down to teary moment, add a flashback and finish it with great battle again..the tactics is more crazy than the series. I really hope i can watch this in theater or proper home-theater set, the sound and animation are top quality
NonStopRoadMay 30, 2016 9:32 AM
May 30, 2016 10:43 AM

Sep 2015
BrotherCoa said:
HecticLeo said:

What makes you say this?

Just a baseless assumption. I would love for there to be a season 2, the world can never have enough Girls und Panzer but I don't really know what else they could do now. The World Tournament would be so awesome to watch. You know how it is, a few years waiting for a sequel pretty much feels like an eternity.
May 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Sep 2012
BrotherCoa said:
HecticLeo said:

What makes you say this?

In a interview with the GuP producer, the producer said he wasn't too sure how to make a 2nd season because it could be repetitive.

Source: http://i.imgur.com/JyCscK5.png

Obviously this interview happened when all productions for the GuP movie was finished so, if they already had in mind for season 2 with what you said about the world cup plot. Why did they start going on about it could be repetitive when one of the staff of world of tanks asked them about season 2?
May 30, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
FlamingMangos said:

In a interview with the GuP producer, the producer said he wasn't too sure how to make a 2nd season because it could be repetitive.

I know that interview, it was given before movie aired and succeed as it did, I think even he was left with his jaws wide open.

The truth is that they just made the anime originally and planned to leave it like that ( maybe do a season 2 if it was successful enough ) but they never expected it to be so popular - similar to FSN when it came out as eroge in 2004.

Yes, it can be repetitive, but fans are like that - they love to see their favorite thing repeat over and over again. True, not like One Piece but something akin to Code Geass - let it have an actual end. And right now fans want 24 episodes of brutal tank fights and they want to see Miho and her friends at the top of the world.

And I think that even fans will be satisfied that they finish the main story after that.
May 30, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
They really hit it out of the park with this one!

That first bit with Saki --- I about fell out of my chair laughing!!
The sword that takes life gives life
May 30, 2016 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
currently at 8.63, this film is now the highest rated "all girl" anime movie on MAL.

Let's continue to climb the ranking and reach the top 10 :3
May 30, 2016 8:37 PM
May 2015
Hoshino_Maria said:
currently at 8.63, this film is now the highest rated "all girl" anime movie on MAL.

Knowing MAL, you're going to have salty elitist fans and their minions rating this movie super low just so it doesn't get a high score. :/

May 30, 2016 11:14 PM

Oct 2015
jc9622 said:
Hoshino_Maria said:

Knowing MAL, you're going to have salty elitist fans and their minions rating this movie super low just so it doesn't get a high score. :/
jc9622 said:
Hoshino_Maria said:

you also forgot the fake user
May 31, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2015
Does anyone remember crush gears
because I'm remembering it now after that
so that was pretty awesome
had everything I remember loving from the show
everyone did there bit, but that ending, you're like marking out, that sisbro team up, how can they lose, but they go all no dialogue, so you're guessing how can they win. Brilliant
May 31, 2016 1:25 AM

Feb 2013
The amalgamation of all the characters battled against with Oorai as a single team is just insanely awesome!*^*
Felt a little bit skipped here and there, but overall fantastic movie.
May 31, 2016 3:03 AM
Sep 2011
Elit3Blaze said:
The amalgamation of all the characters battled against with Oorai as a single team is just insanely awesome!*^*
Felt a little bit skipped here and there, but overall fantastic movie.

Almagamation as on vc?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i still hope there is a 2nd season of GUP, with the foreboding of world competition, and yeah climb till top 10 :3
Duck_knightMay 31, 2016 3:14 AM
May 31, 2016 4:27 AM

Nov 2011
fst said:
ernst said:

from what I've seen in the wiki, Maus > T95 & TOG 2 (and as mentioned watercraft)

Perhaps that is the case if one is a massive wehraboo

The truth is they're all garbage tanks that were never mass produced for good reasons.

but the truth does not matter in this series it is all about awesome tanks being more awesome and fun than real life.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 31, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
Phil_Heist said:
fst said:

Perhaps that is the case if one is a massive wehraboo

The truth is they're all garbage tanks that were never mass produced for good reasons.

In real life, they are quite the trash indeed. But in GuP, they fascinate me. Except for the part where they just "garbaged" the T95,

And it wasn't just the T95 that was garbaged in the movie, there were also some tanks that basically had their spotlight stolen

the fail tanks fascinate you cuz this isn't reality, this is Girls und Panzer.
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
May 31, 2016 7:30 AM

Dec 2011
Tons of fun, watched through it 3 times already with a bunch of my friends.

I desperately want them to conclude the franchise with a season 2, playing out the world championships and ending with the girls at #1 in the world.
May 31, 2016 8:50 AM

May 2010
WOW ..just finished it and i really enjoyed this movie ;) Didnt expect it to be this awesome tho! The action scenes really blew me away..very impressive.

Worth every minute!
May 31, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2014
ernst said:
Phil_Heist said:

In real life, they are quite the trash indeed. But in GuP, they fascinate me. Except for the part where they just "garbaged" the T95,

And it wasn't just the T95 that was garbaged in the movie, there were also some tanks that basically had their spotlight stolen

That is exactly the reason why I love the show. I can barely find shows (fiction, movie, series, whutever) that consists of tanks especially with the ones that weren't even able to go into service, can't also forget those that weren't even that famous to be in games and such.

Just a bit sad that Gloriana didn't bring a Cromwell
May 31, 2016 2:59 PM
May 2015
Phil_Heist said:
ernst said:

That is exactly the reason why I love the show. I can barely find shows (fiction, movie, series, whutever) that consists of tanks especially with the ones that weren't even able to go into service, can't also forget those that weren't even that famous to be in games and such.

I would have loved to see a Ratte in action hehe....

May 31, 2016 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
jc9622 said:
Phil_Heist said:

in GuP: Prototype Tanks designs that are impractical and weren't actually used = BOSS BATTLE TANKS

Also is it Arisu or Alice? Wasn't it supposed to be Alice?
ernstMay 31, 2016 6:30 PM
May 31, 2016 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome movie! I loved every part of it! though plot was a bit generic but still great. Action-packed and exciting through out; no time wasted.

You can also see some characters developed since the last time we seen them like Katyusha, moral committee, Miho and Maho's relationship. And Chi-ha-tan got better from first fight to the final engagements.

The middle section was also very good, I honestly felt sad when the school closed too. I don't know why as I know it will be back and that it wasn't real anyways. But I just felt sad that it was closing. A very well made scene there. From start to finish.
The Boko scene was also very enjoyable. I like the new character's designs too! They all looked cute(I normally don't say this but they were)
Great OST, I love the movie OST. Especially some of the newer ones. And perfect animation! they went all out. Even non-combat scenes were so smooth!

Only the plot was a little lacking, but it was enough to do its job and wasn't too centered to be bothering
The island camp out was very nice indeed. Favorite scene was the BT-42 scene. The commander of the Finnish tank is best girl now! I also like Klara a lot too. I especially enjoyed the use of the Christie suspension. Apparently not a lot of people knew about that particular ability...

Though the fight scenes are physics-breaking like they usually are, I did not mind. I was at the edge of my seat the whole time. It's like watching tanks fight while doing stunts at the same time.
If it wasn't for the generic premise, I would give it a 10/10
For now 9/10 is good enough. though tbh I want to give it a 10. But I don;t rate only my enjoyment, otherwise it would be 10 no doubt.

I have been waiting for this for like a year if not more. Definitely worth the wait. time to watch the OVA that came along with Blu-ray and DVDs!

Hopefully this movie gained enough support for more future content! I know the same studio and manga publishing company is doing Highschool fleet too, and I'm also really enjoying it!
Maybe they can do a plane one and release more content for GuP and HSF. maybe even cross-over! Amphibious landing and all! HSF support landing operation of GuP.
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!

I'm so hype right now and it has been 24 hours since I watched it. Seeing how popular this is, they better make more content! If I have the money, I would buy the merchandise to support it.
zcv45May 31, 2016 6:57 PM
May 31, 2016 8:33 PM
Sep 2011
jc9622 said:

Literally not In Action though...

kemkemmersMay 31, 2016 8:38 PM
Seeking for the essence of every important lessons in the film.
Jun 1, 2016 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, this was just filled with awesomeness.

So much action on screen, it took me awhile to really take it all in even from the very beginning. Great OST some of them very classic from what I remember out of the original series. I'm glad to see almost everyone getting some sort of spotlight, even the volleyball team. I agree about some people expressing the weaker storytelling but I still find it very entertaining overall in GnP fashion. Some of the tank maneuvers looked like stunts. The parts with the tanks fling was rather funny to watch.

The sales of the movie was also impressive. Hope this will eventually start another season in the future. Panzer vor! Loved this OST. RIP Ferris Wheel
Jun 1, 2016 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
It's everything I wanted from this series Q.Q
Jun 1, 2016 5:50 AM

Apr 2011
Just watched it! Absolutely Amazing!

Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 1, 2016 8:25 AM
May 2015
Watched it on second time.
amazing from story and the battle itself was intense
10/10
Jun 1, 2016 2:41 PM

Nov 2013
Fantastic movie. I love every second of it.
Decent amount of screen time for every girl and some cool new characters.
Sakkijarven polkka!!!
And my beloved Sumipe spoke in russian again.
And they found native russian speaker for Klara!
Jun 2, 2016 12:34 AM

Oct 2015
FANTASTIC MOVIE EVER I'M WATCHED
Jun 2, 2016 2:09 AM

Apr 2012
Just watched it with my brother, both of us were fans of the series and we were not disappointed. 10/10, WE LOVED IT. It has everything that the series has but waaay better.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Finnish Commander is hot

GnomeKiller112 - May 31, 2017

2 by jieanteater »»
Feb 8, 2023 6:42 PM

» [SPOILER] The Incredible (amount of) Trivia Thread ( 1 2 3 4 )

kemkemmers - Jun 6, 2016

150 by Guderyukari »»
Feb 27, 2021 12:32 PM

» SHould I watch the movie without watching the prequel TV series?

Akiteck - Jul 4, 2016

4 by MrGarland »»
Apr 30, 2020 11:54 PM

» Time until dubbed?

TheOnlyRyan - Sep 5, 2015

7 by TheOnlyRyan »»
Feb 15, 2017 7:57 AM

» Girls und Panzer

HecticLeo - Dec 17, 2016

0 by HecticLeo »»
Dec 17, 2016 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.