Forum Settings
Forums

Is not falling under One Punch Man Hype sign of Hipsterism?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2013
Praland said:
Kuma said:
how if i like opm before it become mainstream?

It would be normal since everyone praised it before it got an anime, don't worry it's just people hating the new "popular" anime of the season, nothing new.

MAL without people hating popular animes wouldn't be MAL.
Nov 13, 2015 4:25 PM
Apr 2015
Not really. The show is quite entertaining but by no means perfect. It's a good watch if you're bored but if you want something serious, look away.
Nov 13, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
Illyricus said:
Praland said:
It would be normal since everyone praised it before it got an anime, don't worry it's just people hating the new "popular" anime of the season, nothing new.
MAL without people hating popular animes wouldn't be MAL.
not only mal.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 13, 2015 4:45 PM

May 2015
The only sign of hipsterism is a sign from above that aliens shall give us.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 13, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
Kuma said:

Join the club.
Nov 13, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
Praland said:
Kuma said:

I didn't even read OPM because of fans

I read it because of the artist who did Eyeshield
Nov 13, 2015 4:58 PM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
Praland said:

I didn't even read OPM because of fans

I read it because of the artist who did Eyeshield
i read the original webtoon first. i got it recomendation after finishing 10th dimension boys (what do the teenage boys do), and found it funny (only some first few chapter and chapter after 20's IIRC). then i found murata version later.
SuperRed said:
Kuma said:
Join the club.
what club?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 13, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2013
no, being hipster would be if you liked it before it was cool

ie. before the Murata manga came out
Nov 13, 2015 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
i read it before it announce so i'm not fall into hype cause i random read it.
Nov 13, 2015 5:07 PM

Mar 2015
OPM does not feature little moe girls doing kids stuff, harem, yaoi or yuri therefore it is shit.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Nov 13, 2015 5:10 PM

Mar 2015
Seriously tho it's funny how people's views about OPM have changed.
It had so much praise as a manga but as soon as it became an anime it gets hated on.
Haters will still be like 'me ?? Hating cuz it's popular ?!! nahhh !!111 ' tho.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Nov 13, 2015 7:07 PM

May 2014
No but falling under it is seen as socially acceptable behavior on an internet forum
Nov 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2008
Illyricus said:
OPM is pretty mainstream now.

So does it's thread.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 13, 2015 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
I'm not the sort of person who wastes half their life away complaining about how Kirito is so overpowered on anime message boards. I honestly don't find the premise to be the slightest bit funny and considering the sort of crowd it attracts I would rather just keep my distance.
No Shit, of course you wouldn't complain, since you rate SAO a 7.
Nov 13, 2015 9:37 PM
Aug 2015
Haven't seen it. Not really interested either.

I'll watch it when I'm bored and I want to see what the hype was all about later down the road.
Nov 13, 2015 9:55 PM

Nov 2014
Plz said:
Run, OP.
Run before your soul gets One Punched.

Nov 13, 2015 10:23 PM

Oct 2013
Snappynator said:
Might aswell rename AD to OPM Discussion at this point...

Illyricus said:

Only on mal. Lmao!
Nov 13, 2015 10:55 PM

Sep 2015
No it just means you don't care.
Nov 13, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2015
I just saw the poster and synopsis of OPM and decided it's a sh¡t anime.
Z-DanteNov 13, 2015 11:03 PM
Nov 13, 2015 11:02 PM

Feb 2012
I don't actually have any kind of life mission to choose and pick a flavor of whatever anime season is on. There was a time when I tried to do that and it nearly ruined all enjoyment I get out of anime. I rather do stuff that I'm doing. The rest may or may not come afterwards.
Nov 13, 2015 11:45 PM

Jun 2012
I do watch OPM and enjoying it (I watched it simply because of curiosity), but I'm not joining those who ride its hype train. They're just making OPM much more overrated than it already is. And still that does NOT mean that I'm a hipster by doing so.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Nov 14, 2015 12:01 AM

Jan 2014
Preference... lol.
Nov 14, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2008
You just wanted to make a OPM thread...didn't you?
Nov 14, 2015 1:24 AM

Feb 2011
Z-Dante said:
I just saw the poster and synopsis of OPM and decided it's a sh¡t anime.

viz media synopsis sucks i agree with that

liked the old one better:

not like it makes a difference for who just wants an excuse to don't get involved with it :u

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 14, 2015 1:46 AM

May 2015
Everyone who commented on the first page is also a hipster.

They commented before the thread went famous.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 14, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
Harelequin said:
Red_Keys said:
I didn't care about OPM before it was cool to not care about OPM.

I still don't care about OPM.
Nov 14, 2015 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:
Snappynator said:

Illyricus said:

Only on mal. Lmao!

Reddit, Youtube, Tumblr.... Honestly it seems it's becoming the new fad in the whole western anime community. Unlike SAO or SnK I don't think it got the point of introducing anime to new people, but its popularity is far from being restricted to MAL.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 14, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:
Snappynator said:

Illyricus said:

Only on mal. Lmao!

Really? I see it pretty much everywhere.
Anyway, I fell for it and I think it's great. But it's definitely not a masterpiece and far from being the best anime ever as the fans claim.
Nov 14, 2015 4:23 AM

Nov 2011
Tekraz said:
Well you'll get hated on either way, whether you like OPM or not. It's a lose-lose situation.

Just casually enjoy it and nobody can reprimand you.
Nov 14, 2015 4:45 AM

Nov 2011
If you like OPM, you have shit taste
If you don't like OPM, you have shit taste.

People are always gonna tell you that so fuck them and just watch what you like.

Nov 14, 2015 4:55 AM
Jun 2015
No, it's simply a sign that OPM does not fit your tastes. But I personally like it.
Nov 14, 2015 5:16 AM

Mar 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
SeibaaHomu said:
I'm not the sort of person who wastes half their life away complaining about how Kirito is so overpowered on anime message boards. I honestly don't find the premise to be the slightest bit funny and considering the sort of crowd it attracts I would rather just keep my distance.
I hated it at first because I was one of those people. But then I came to my senses and realised what a fucking idiot I was being. But that's irrelevant.

It's not because I like SAO that I dislike the premise of OPM. I dislike the premise because the one big joke of the show assumes that you're the kind of person who whines on the Internet about how sick and tired they are of how 'overpowered' characters are as if power levels actually mean jack shit.

Also you have to ignore the fact that in basically all of those shows (Including SAO) the only people they easily overcome are grunts who you expect them to beat anyway whereas the actually important fight scenes just stack the odds so high that power becomes irrelevant.
SeibaaHomuNov 14, 2015 5:28 AM
Nov 14, 2015 7:33 AM
Jan 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
OppaiSugoi said:
I hated it at first because I was one of those people. But then I came to my senses and realised what a fucking idiot I was being. But that's irrelevant.

It's not because I like SAO that I dislike the premise of OPM. I dislike the premise because the one big joke of the show assumes that you're the kind of person who whines on the Internet about how sick and tired they are of how 'overpowered' characters are as if power levels actually mean jack shit.

Also you have to ignore the fact that in basically all of those shows (Including SAO) the only people they easily overcome are grunts who you expect them to beat anyway whereas the actually important fight scenes just stack the odds so high that power becomes irrelevant.

Okay, let's take Death Gun. You know tthe guy with the best gear in the game, but he can't even kill Kirito in a low amount of hits. Now let us compare that to Kirito that can one shot him with a beginning sword, with the power of love.
Let's look at fairy bastard, there Kirito one shots him too. Because he got admin powers.
But Kirito being OP isn't all of the problems with SAO. Let us talk about the girls, especially Liz and Silica, well at least Liz is a blacksmith and gave Kirito a swrd, but Silica is just in it, so people can have their Loli, she litterally has nothing else to contribute to the show. Reki could have shown us more about laughing coffin, instead of putting it into a flashback.

I always expected Kirito to win through some bullshit way, since that was how, he won most of the times anyway, well except Kayaba there he actually couldn't one shot him. But Kayaba forgoy why he trapped people, because Reki couldn't come up with a good reason, and instead of thinking he made a cop out.

Messing up the rules Reki builds up himself, Spriggan which is the fairy Kirito became. Can only use illusion magic, well he then becomes a boss monster, not an illusion, since he uses the same attacks as the boss monster. Oh Kirito can't aim with a gun can still hit Death Gun, when a pro sniper like Sinnon couldn't.

Mother Rosario: Okay, now Asuna has problems with her mother, I'm sure the show will solve this part in a mature way, I mean the fans hype it up as the best part and there's not much Kirito and Asuna is the main focus in it. So I will give it the benefit of the doubt, even though I don't find Asuna interesting, because she has been demoted from strong female to Kirito's waifu and then to damsel in distress and rape victim.
After watching: Kirito was in the majority of the episodes and he still helped Asuna, well I could have misunderstood what the LN readers meant. Yukki, because Reki was lazy and just used Asuna's last name. I really tried to care for her, but she bassically felt like ideal Yui, because she felt like a combination of Asuna and Kirito. But I don't like the couple, because it felt like Asuna's character gets worse by it, which I blame Reki for. Asna had the foundation to become a good character , but no Reki bassically had to make her a housewife just to please filthy otaku fantasies, bloody disgusting.
Let's not forget how Asuna gets through to her mother, she just took her once with her to the virtual world and give a speech about her grandparents and everything is fine, wow all that build up for nothing, because Reki can't write a proper drama scene.

Calibur: Everyone think this is underwhelming. I mean even the fights suck

The show has good music and animation.

I rate the show 2 years worth of semen/Asada-san!
Shock_YinNov 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 14, 2015 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
Shock_Yin said:
Yeah, I'm not reading that.
Nov 14, 2015 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
FUCK ONE PUNCH MAN

I'm typing this in every OPM thread I see from now on .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nov 14, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
Its a funny show, but anybody who thinks that OPM is GOAT material has got to be shitting themselves. Despite what the butthurt idiots might want you think, there ARE objective values upon which a story can be judged. OPM is a good comedy that accomplishes what it set out to do, but to say that OPM is on par with shonen like Hunter x Hunter or One Piece is beyond ludicrous. The manga simply doesn't have that level of intellectual effort put into it.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Nov 14, 2015 7:52 AM
Jan 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
Shock_Yin said:
Yeah, I'm not reading that.

Basically you won't read something as soon as you disagree with the rating. Okay.
Shock_YinNov 14, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 15, 2015 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't fall. I welcomed the anime like every other show each season. Also, I was familiar with its manga before the anime.
Nov 15, 2015 10:02 AM

Sep 2013
Evildragon16 said:
ONE FUCK MAN

FTFY

Nov 15, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:
Evildragon16 said:
ONE FUCK MAN

FTFY

lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is the most memorable first episode of an anime you've watched?

mahrjose - Yesterday

33 by logopolis »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - May 1

23 by Zedlin »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Should live action shows get anime adaptations?

GoatPieceLuffy - 12 hours ago

9 by ST63LTH »»
18 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Apr 30

35 by Zedlin »»
18 minutes ago

» Who is your favorite singer (character)?

Shizuna - May 1

26 by Zedlin »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.