Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 1, 2015 9:42 AM

May 2014
What a beautiful episode this was. That build-up romance in the first half of this anime was beautiful. It continued so in the latter half of the second part of this episode. Very nice animation this time around, some things got wrapped up. Nicely at that. I'd just like a second season this time around, with Arslan x Etoille!
8/10 final rating. Very good series, it just lost the thrill it had in the beginning.
Oct 1, 2015 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
IZUMI64 said:
3/10
awful animation and the story close to the retard level. (fucking deceived by MAL rating!)

I don't necessarily agree with this, but dude: never, and I mean, NEVER take MAL ratings at face value.

A lot of people on this site need to up their standards and learn about Sturgeon's law.

EDIT: Forgot to post my thoughts on this. Eh. I didn't hate it, I liked the premise and the type of story it was presenting, but damn this show tried to get me to hate it.
Oct 1, 2015 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
I liked it a lot. S2 nao!
Oct 2, 2015 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
As expected, they left it open for the rest of the story to run.
Hopefully we'll be getting our season 2 as soon as the manga catches up.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 2, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
That was interesting.

Good show overall. Really hoping for a second season for this :)
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 3, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
Very nice ending, still no where near the end of the story but it felt conclusive enough. Can't wait for Arslan and Etoile to kiss.
Oct 3, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2014
what was the song name used in between the episode....it was really beaatiful...

Oct 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
I must say that this started as a 5/10 and the first 7-8 episodes were extremely boring , however from there it just kept building up and building up, and ended fantastically.

8/10 From me. Really hope this get's a second season. (Only reason I'm not giving this higher is because of the crappy animation and CG.)
Oct 3, 2015 5:29 PM
Jan 2010
great animes 9.5 /10
but please can anyone gives me the name of the ost that we heard while etoile made the prayers of the faith of yaldaboath *o* in episode 25
Oct 3, 2015 5:30 PM
Jan 2010
Janeel said:
what was the song name used in between the episode....it was really beaatiful...

i mlooking for the same thing :'(
so amazing song
Oct 4, 2015 3:41 AM

Nov 2009
Reaaly going to miss this show, Arslans journey is a very entertaining one plus I loved nearly all of the characters apart from the forgettable Sindhuran ones. Arslan x Etoile looks to be a match as well which is lovely.

9/10 Season 2 please!
Oct 5, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2014
That was some interesting bonding between Arslan and Etoile (Estelle). It was nice how Arslan hurried to Daryun's side. No doubt he cares about him a lot.

This show was ok, but I felt the storyline slid of its course a bit at some points. It was boring or way off.

6/10
Oct 6, 2015 9:12 PM
Oct 2011
5/10

Rushed and very badly paced. Too much focus on fighting scenes that don't matter. People ending up from place A to place B between episodes. Scenes that end before coming to a conclusion. The way things were shown didn't really give a good image of what each place and battlefield was like.
Oct 7, 2015 10:54 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty good :) would definitely watch a second season. 7/10
Oct 9, 2015 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
This is a pretty good show in most aspects, but the lack of proper character development or progression really kind of brings the show down. The experience just would've benefited from it.

I'm still interested in a second season though, Hermes was easily my favorite character so seeing him take a central role as the villain would be awesome.
Oct 9, 2015 11:46 PM

Jun 2008
It was a decent anime but lots of wasted potential. From the crappy artwork/animation in the second half to some childish scenarios and events ruined what could have been a more epic like story. The characters could have been better too.
Oct 11, 2015 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
And Etoile slowly turns to the light.

A good end, but even better now since S2 was announced!

I give it a 8/10, definitely enjoyed this one.
Oct 11, 2015 8:25 PM

Apr 2014
This anime was pure enjoyment all the way through. It wasn't perfect, but better than many. Why so many low scores?

That prayer was really beautiful. I hope Arslan manages to show Etoile that peace is possible. I'm thinking he will though. He has already made her blush. They're so cute.

Hopefully season two will maintain the same quality, and not go down a whole grade like Psycho Pass.
DawningFogOct 11, 2015 8:34 PM
Oct 12, 2015 4:52 AM

Aug 2010
Dont like how the last episode is focused on Etoile T____T I cant get myself to like that character......

Decent series, too bad though, I feel like it could've been more. I remember I liked the old OVAs, so maybe I just had a too high expectation for this series since the beginning. Though I feel like there's just something missing in the storyline (or adaptation)... Maybe because it is kinda 'predictable'? Or lack of character development?

Anyways, a 2nd season would be nice. I think even the old OVAs' storyline ended way after this one... :O
Oct 12, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
blue-y said:

Anyways, a 2nd season would be nice. I think even the old OVAs' storyline ended way after this one... :O

Season 2 announced yesterday!
Oct 17, 2015 12:09 AM

Jun 2013
1qom454vsfkluml said:
IZUMI64 said:
3/10
awful animation and the story close to the retard level. (fucking deceived by MAL rating!)

I don't necessarily agree with this, but dude: never, and I mean, NEVER take MAL ratings at face value.

A lot of people on this site need to up their standards and learn about Sturgeon's law.

It is all about how casual the user is. It is not uncommon to see a user with all 10's and a few 9's, with their entire list full of the most popular stuff. These.. individuals.. inflate the rating system greatly. That's why anime that aren't particularly mainstream rarely have a high rating.

What you're suggesting is to stop most people from being casuals, which is impossible lol.
Oct 21, 2015 8:28 PM

Jun 2007
Overall a rather solid series.

The story is good and so is the setting.

But then there is the CG animation. Its just so weird.
On top of that there are these weird battles which mostly make no sense at all.

Oh well because of the hot Queen it gets a small 0.5 bonus, though it would be better to see more of her.

6.5/10
Oct 22, 2015 12:41 AM

Jun 2014
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT SHOW.
SUCH A GOOD END! SO MUCH HOPE AND BEAUTY AND CUTENESS.

Arslan the Liberator.

Hes got quite the set of balls, that kid.

SEASON 2 PLEASE.

9/10
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 22, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2014
Good war anime indeed.

The characters are all very lovable, well besides Etoile, but that's just cuz she's a tsundere and i don't like tsunderes :P

Other than that, it was very entertaining and was solid overall. The animation could have been done better, it was a tad sloppy in fight scenes imo.

Strong 7/10 overall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 9:55 PM

Nov 2010
That was a good way to end the anime.
Enjoyed this very much in some parts.

7/10
Nov 4, 2015 8:55 PM
Jul 2015
Loved it, want more
Nov 6, 2015 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
7/10 - they had a big budget for nice action it seemed but that was all that was really enjoyable about this show. Boring story, not enough strategy in the combat and boring characters with nearly no development. Such potential, bit of a shame. I never looked forward to the next episode except in the beginning. But those battles and soldiers looked awesome, hope we can see more of this quality combat in other anime series soon.

edit: ppl think that cgi combat sucked or looked weird? wtf lol I thought it was awesome.
eddo209Nov 6, 2015 1:15 PM
Nov 12, 2015 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, the cleared up a misunderstanding using unrelated bystanders that happend to be nearby when it happened? Isn't this a novel thing for anime? At least it's quite rare, especially that they *immediately* did so, given that Etoilé was handcuffed there.

Overall it turned out quite nice. Some things were done a bit bad, with people forgetting the simplest things. Farangis walking through that arrow shower was weird, too, especially given that nobody even tried to shoot her. Well, maybe better than the arrows simply bouncing off or whatever..

And that wholeblood line thing is weird. How can it be this jumbled? Was there no one except Varsiz still alive from when Osroes intitially claimed the throne? And while he decided to support Arslan, it's unclear if he really knew what is going on, otherwise he could have testified that Arslan is the son of [actual rightful king] and Hilmes is the son of [not really rightful king[, whether either one is Osroes or Andragoras or whoever.
Nov 14, 2015 2:57 AM

Oct 2013
The 2nd season has been anounced, will be aired in 2016, i'm so hyped EHMERGERD.
Can't wait untill Arslan take the throne and become the King of Pars, and at the last couple seconds of this episode Gieve mentioned "Proof of his right to the throne", we're about to have another plot twist here beside Etoile was actually a girl this whole time. I ship Arslan x Estelle really hard.

I love the art and the story line, nice adaptation, Can't wait for the 2nd season, i want to see Farangies, she's the most beautiful anime character that i've ever seen xD.

Overall score 8/10
Nov 15, 2015 7:21 AM

May 2013
Seems like Etoile/Estelle is getting along with the Parsians.
Hermes and Guiscard are finally allies. While Gieve is majestic as ever.
If a second season comes out, I'll be perfectly fine with it! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 18, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
I dunno. I almost dropped it a couple of times. The part earlier on where Arslan first comes to terms with how Freeing the Slaves...may not be as cut and dry as he first realized (they wanted to kill him!), I thought that was a highlight and very engrossing food for thought.

A lot of the the same themes appear in the manga Viking Saga, which is much better (Also, Prince Canute is quite similar to Arslan). Daryun and Narsus were awesome though, and every scene with those two was rewarding. Also, Silver Mask was a great Villain I figure... a bit two dimensional but compelling and a little bit tragic

6/10. Not fussed for season 2. I'll probably check out the book
Nov 19, 2015 9:45 AM
Nov 2014
I dropped this a while ago but i heard it gets better in the second half and i just finished it and nothing gets better. I hated every single one of these overpowered unrealistic characters And every war has the same outcome with narsus's asspull strategies and daryun's super strength . I had high hopes for this series and I'm very disappointed.
4/10
Nov 23, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2015
Can't wrap my head around how Etoile is a girl.... But nice to see life born in all the war..
Dec 2, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
I'm trying to find the song used during the eulogy at about the 12 minute mark. Can anyone help me?
Dec 3, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad they didn't drag out the misunderstanding between Etoile and Arslan.
Dec 31, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
thanks god we'll have a second season. This anime was awesome. There were some unexplained things, like how kushward appeared from nowhere in episode 24, but in general i loved the pace of the story.
Still not a fan of etoile, but my elam is alive so i'm happy o/
Jan 16, 2016 3:17 PM

May 2012
While I really disliked the start and pretty much had it in a dropped like state for a couple months, after it neared the middle of the series it actually started to go somewhere.

The action and story development were also a lot better in the second half of this season and with that it sure got my interest level a bit back up.

But because of the very weak start, the slow pacing and in general lack of interest I wasn't too fond of this anime, however the overall ending was pretty good!

With the second season announced, I do wonder how this story will continue.
Jan 26, 2016 11:00 AM
Aug 2011
Finally finished it, I liked it more than I thought i would have!

That episode 25 was just perfect to end the first season , I really liked Etoile, she was just so cute!

The story was pretty solid , I loved Arslan's party , now I can't wait to watch the sequel of their journey!
Jan 27, 2016 4:39 AM

Jun 2011
Enjoyable series as a whole, great to have a sequel announced! I wish they would develop more of the romance between Arslan and Estelle, that's the part I enjoyed the most in the final episode. Glad to have the misunderstanding cleared up as soon as it happened. Need more blushing Estelle! <3

That said, the show is full of plot armor that can prove to be annoying sometimes. The first half of this 2 cours series was better imo, the sense of danger was there, but from a point onward, I somehow don't feel the danger anymore. It is to be expected for Arslan to win.

The opening and ending songs are pretty bad, at a skippable level. I see a lot of big name bands doing the OP and ED, too bad they were not hits.

Hopefully, we get to see more of Gieve in the sequel, to make up for his absence for these last few episodes. I wonder who he was going to meet with, the one person who can prove Arslan's lineage? The clairvoyant who foresaw the future of Pars, the person Andragoras III mentioned?

Edit: Oh ya, is it just me who have a feeling that a resurrection power will be brought into the story later on? If we assume that the earth shadow dude retrieved Xandes after he fell to his "death" during his encounter with Daryun, it does seem like there's a possibility that he could bring the dead back to life. Hermes did recover pretty quickly from his stab wound, after he was retrieved by the earth shadow dude. I think it's safe to say that Xandes is still alive, or has been resurrected.
ToG25thBaamJan 27, 2016 4:47 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2015
Janeel said:

The song from the burial scene is named "Tenkuu ni Mau Tori yo"

Feb 17, 2016 2:33 PM

Mar 2010
And Here I am wanting a second season, just like every anime I enjoy or at least a sequal.. Etoile thinks like a man, acts like a man.. but is a girl.. thats perfect.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 28, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2008
Well at least Etoile isn't a one note fanatic now, reveal that is actually a girl so now full of blushes. Chance of going annoying in one way to annoying in an entirely new way. The character change is a breath of fresh air though so for now I approve, especially the new dynamic between her and Arslan, I just hope it doesn't stay that way come the second season, better not be relegated to the traditional female roll now.

Decent season all around despite its issues, 7/10 from me, will watch it when it returns.
Mar 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Ended almost exactly how I thought it would tbh. Gieve closing the episode with a song written to Arslan was amazing and the perfect way to end the season.

I have to agree the second half of the series tapered off just a bit, so slightly I didn't really notice until I stopped to think about it. The vibe, the danger, the feeling of being oppressed and the sense that anything could happen slowly slipped away in the second half. Somehow, where the first half was plainly, completely steeped in realism to the core, the second half seemed a bit more... anime-esque. The intentions of writing an accurate historical drama remained, but it seemed more flashy and flamboyant instead of gritty.

The loss of that feeling of danger is probably the biggest issue. People died in the first half; the second half made it seem more like everything would turn out fine. Nobody especially important died or felt in real danger, other than a few Sindhurans we weren't exposed to enough to care about.

With that said, my complaints are virtually non-existent; I loved this to the end and the only thing stopping it from being borderline perfect is that it's currently inconclusive, because everything else is spot on. The story is extremely smart and as I've said from the beginning extremely realistic. Despite seeming a bit more fantastical towards the end, it didn't stop feeling like a real historical drama. The characters were fantastic and the dynamics between them even better. The English dub has an amazing script that I can't imagine Japanese subs even hoping to replicate. The BGM was even perfect.

I'm really looking forward to the second season, but based on the status of the source novels still publishing, I fear we won't ever get a real conclusion to this show.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 23, 2016 11:21 PM

Jul 2014
This anime really seems to have mixed opinions. Some people loved the first half of the anime but hated the second half and vice-versa. For those of you who hold either of these stances, why do you think there are others who would take the opposite stance? Perhaps you lot were looking for different elements? Please, I would like to know the thoughts of you people.
Mar 24, 2016 9:58 AM
Feb 2016
boyofmystery said:
This anime really seems to have mixed opinions. Some people loved the first half of the anime but hated the second half and vice-versa. For those of you who hold either of these stances, why do you think there are others who would take the opposite stance? Perhaps you lot were looking for different elements? Please, I would like to know the thoughts of you people.

Please allow me to quote.
I think it's because the style of the scenarios is slightly different as the way they are written has changed from the first half to the second half.

As the anime is based on a comic (which is based on a novel series), its scenario had followed the comic almost exactly (though some events are skipped). However, around ep. 10, the anime caught up with the comic. Thus, they had to write the scenario for the anime by themselves based on the original novel series (though the later scenario is more different from the original novel than that of the first half, I heard...).

They may have tried not to change the style of the comic version, but it is natural that it changes with different story writers.

Personally, I like both though...
KolmeDGMar 24, 2016 10:11 AM
Mar 24, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
KolmeDG said:

Please allow me to quote.
I think it's because the style of the scenarios is slightly different as the way they are written has changed from the first half to the second half.

As the anime is based on a comic (which is based on a novel series), its scenario had followed the comic almost exactly (though some events are skipped). However, around ep. 10, the anime caught up with the comic. Thus, they had to write the scenario for the anime by themselves based on the original novel series (though the later scenario is more different from the original novel than that of the first half, I heard...).

They may have tried not to change the style of the comic version, but it is natural that it changes with different story writers.

Personally, I like both though...

Hmm, that's an interesting piece of knowledge / opinion. I'll definitely check out the different writers when I have the time to see if I can spot the clear differences in their writing or narrative style. Similar to you, I enjoyed the entire season thoroughly.
Mar 24, 2016 10:33 PM
Feb 2016
boyofmystery said:

I'll definitely check out the different writers when I have the time to see if I can spot the clear differences in their writing or narrative style.

I'm sorry that my english skill is low... May be the final script writer hasn't changed...
 The fact is that we can see the comic author's idea used in the first half and not in the latter (because the following stories after the first half were yet to come in the comic...)

Concerning the story itself, may be the main difference between the first half and the second one is that the former is about the journey of a small party, whereas in the latter the main characters are supported by a large military force. Perhaps the latter half is larger scaled in each events.
Though this is nothing to do with the idea I posted...
KolmeDGMar 25, 2016 5:07 PM
Apr 7, 2016 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
All the beautiful ships. ;__;

Season two needs to come faster.

10/10
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 11, 2016 2:07 AM

Sep 2013
Arslan bangs the enemy!

Well, 7/10 borderline 6, not a bad anime, but not the best. "Good" might fit the overall feeling of the show.

It could also have been a show about Hermes. If the way he acts was a little bit more likeable, a show about him would probably be more enjoyable, I think.
Apr 17, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2014
Ahhh loved this anime!! Also really happy with that last glimpse of Gieve revealing what he was up to~

Can't wait for the 2nd season! xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.