Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 19, 2016 6:41 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed Arslan a lot and I'm looking forwards for the second season
And I was pleased to see a new side to Etoile as well, I want too see more of her
May 12, 2016 1:55 AM
Jan 2015
8/10
Good story but some characters were OP and invincible xD. Pretty weird for the setting.

S2 \o/
May 26, 2016 3:56 PM

May 2012
Wintovisky said:
It could also have been a show about Hermes. If the way he acts was a little bit more likeable, a show about him would probably be more enjoyable, I think.

Definitely agree. I found Hermes more compelling and with an antagonist, it's always good when you can easily see things from their perspective.

Gieve was by far my favorite of Arslan's group. Maybe it's because of watching Kingdom, but I was hoping for a little more depth in the bigger battles. This was a fun show, if maybe a little predictable at times. I'm looking forward to S2. 7/10
May 27, 2016 3:48 AM

Feb 2016
Finally a conclusion to it. The soundtrack was nice when that blond girl walked alongside the dead corpses. Hermes is sill 'on the loose' and it's to be expected that he'll reappear for sure.
May 30, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2013
Most of the time, the battles were ridiculous. There's fantasy magic involved making it even more unrealistic. Many asspulls. Many plot convenience. And did I already say magic? BUT I was very very much entertained. I love how Arslan grows into the great leader that he's bound to be. I like how the romance, no matter how I find it annoying at times, was still controlled to a level. And I'm excited for season 2!

Jul 2, 2016 7:42 AM

Jul 2015
Bad animation, i didn't liked arslan, too many ass-pull and plot armor moments, still enjoy some battle so i'll give it a 5/10
Jul 16, 2016 2:05 PM
May 2015
Nice end, well I expected at the end of the season that Arslan would be the King and has already taken Ecbtana meh.. Let's see in the next season ! :D
Jul 19, 2016 4:43 AM

Jul 2010
Estelle will be good queen
Aug 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2012
Entertained, all I can say.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 9, 2016 4:35 AM

Mar 2015
IZUMI64 said:
3/10
awful animation and the story close to the retard level. (fucking deceived by MAL rating!)

Sword Art Online - 8

lmao
Sep 9, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2009
Wicked_Edward said:
IZUMI64 said:
3/10
awful animation and the story close to the retard level. (fucking deceived by MAL rating!)

Sword Art Online - 8

lmao

I'm the one who watched. I rated k-on 9 and lucky star 10. So, What's the problem? I didn't ask your opinion.
I wasted my time on this and i have right to give any score that I see fit based on my experience.
So, next time how about STFU when others gave bad score to your fav anime.
Sep 9, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2015
IZUMI64 said:
Wicked_Edward said:

Sword Art Online - 8

lmao

I'm the one who watched. I rated k-on 9 and lucky star 10. So, What's the problem? I didn't ask your opinion.
I wasted my time on this and i have right to give any score that I see fit based on my experience.
So, next time how about STFU when others gave bad score to your fav anime.
Who gives a shit what I think? Oh, you do, obviously. It's just funny how you claim a story to be "retard" levels considering SAO's high score. I don't have to STFU and your opinion is trash. Just get over it.
Oct 28, 2016 8:20 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't like this for a final episode. So far the series is good overall but has a few things that bugged me like characters surviving dire situations with no explanations/plot armor and generic religious extremism. Shame they had to end "S1" in the middle of a war rather than being 33 episodes long and getting a proper end. Time to continue the story and check out the last 8 episodes.
Oct 29, 2016 3:35 AM

Feb 2016
I really really liked that anime.

And please, tell me that the second season contains actual romance between Etoile and Arslan. It probably doesn't, though... I mean, c'mon - There's one thing I don't understand with most action anime. Why *hint* towards romance but not follow through with it? I don't believe that people would not welcome it. Just look at the Anime Recommendations sub-forum, every single page has at least 1-2 requests for an Action+Romance anime.
Oct 29, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
This series, has lacked only with the technical part with respect to the drawings and the CG, overflight on animations; but as for the rest, it was an anime really nice and interesting to watch. In this episode, I very much appreciated the dialogue, in line with what I expected from history. Another point that I liked, only the soundtrack and scenes. After this season, I sling immediately on the sequel.

For now, my vote is 7.5/10
Oct 30, 2016 8:51 PM

Nov 2013
This doesn't seem like a complete run. Hermes is still out there. Though things look optimistic for Arslan.

I keep drawing comparisons to the 1991 Arslan OVAs. Which were also incomplete at six episodes. The timelines are a bit different, but much of the factual history of the story remains the same.

Much is unresolved, so it portends a second season.

The depth of the story was pretty good, but the character designs... ugh. Compared to the originals. Elam is the only one that didn't come out looking too cartoonish. Estelle maybe didn't fare all that badly.. but Arslan, Hermes and Dareyoon.... pathetic shadows of their original incarnations. I had a tough time getting past that.
Dec 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2015
Finally the long awaited face to face talk between Arslan and Etoile, I think she will come around eventually. I shall now commence the shipping
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 10, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
The fated battle. Etoile vs Arslan. Arslan got rekt'd. lol

I had to laugh at the amount of times Etoile's face turned red once her gender is revealed to everyone.

Etoile is very pretty. I'd hit it.

Got our last Farangis goodness this episode.

Gieve!

I finally finished this. I really lost interest in watching at episode 7. Had to force myself to watch it, but it actually got good again.

Onward to the OVA.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 23, 2017 5:16 PM
Aug 2014
Thought it started pretty well, but once it became clear that nothing bad ever happens to Arslans troupe all the battles, which took up quite a lot of time, became rather boring to me.

Arslans is also way to pure a character, which could have been good if he were to make choices between two evils, but so far he just kept doing the "right" thing and there were no downsides to them at all.

5/10

About the last episode; Estelle is just your basic tsundere which wasn't what I was expecting and was rather disappointing. Why would the kings brother give up Pars, when he could just be emperor over all it it? And everyone seems to be forgetting that the king is still alive.
Jul 4, 2017 5:13 AM

Aug 2013
A good finale. Not much action but it was still satisfying to watch. Nice to see Gieve at the end.

Arslan x Estelle. That ship is sailing.

An easy 8/10 for this show.

Jul 18, 2017 8:30 PM
Mar 2016
this was an amazing show, 9/10
Aug 4, 2017 2:03 AM

Jul 2017
It ended and I still haven't seen a sample of the painting of our famous court painter XD
Oct 11, 2017 11:00 PM

May 2009
The whole budget went into the last 3 episodes, didn't it?

Iiked this show so far, looking forward to binge S2 later.
Nov 12, 2017 8:28 PM
Oct 2017
Can't wait until the manga picks up enough so that they can make a season 3
OppaiLover-_-Nov 13, 2017 10:42 AM
Dec 22, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing series , one of the best series
BRAWLERS
Jan 7, 2018 3:24 PM

May 2015
Etoile is full tsundere now.

THis series was ok i guess, but I know better ones.

6/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 30, 2018 11:04 AM
Dec 2014
While it's not a masterpiece it's a really great and entertaining anime the work on characters and the plot it's enough for me to give it a 9/10. I'm glad that they didn't went full cgi despite having the best cgi I saw on anime.Also this anime and Legend of the galactic heroes are the only anime that didn't used slice of life in a boring way.
Mar 30, 2018 11:13 PM

Feb 2012
I'm not quite sure why this series received such a high score. Maybe it's just a little too happy-go-lucky, for me. Other than nameless soldiers and a few random characters who got 15 minutes of screentime, no one really dies or is severely injured, so it's hard to really feel "surprised" by any of the episodes.

Overall, I found myself skipping through some scenes because of how monotonous they were.

6/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Aug 21, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2016
6/10

It started out nicely, but then they gave Etoile more screen time.

But seriously, the CGI was terrible and towards the end, the show felt like it was dragging on at that point. It was good though and while I will watch season 2, I'm not that excited for it.
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Jan 29, 2020 1:36 PM
Apr 2018
So they sized the castle and lost thousands of men just to leave it and burn it down?
WTF is that plot whole...
Apr 1, 2020 7:45 AM

Mar 2017
ETOILE IS TOO CUTE AAGGGHH
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 2, 2020 8:11 PM

Oct 2019
This show is pretty good it got me hooked, no op mc that can wipe out whole army with magic, just a naive prince that keep developing each ep for better. It also offer anything that Akatsuki no Yona refuse to offer: reclaiming a throne. The show doesn't need uneccessary fan-service like bath scene because Farangis herself is already a walking fan-service.

Easily 9/10.
Oct 8, 2020 4:57 PM
Oct 2019
I don't like Assling. A dumb weakling whose melodramatic. I don't like that enemy girl-knight religious nutcase either. They're easily the two most unlikeable characters in the series.

Every other character is fine.

What ever happened with that enemy King and Assling's mother? What's the deal with that magic fire that can create portals and fog? Why not use fog (it a similar trick) in any subsequent battles? Who is the Assling's father? What is this prophecy? Just questions I have. Not necessarily complaints.

The whole idea of mask face using a foreign army to conquer his own country is lacking in plausibility; nonsensical to think he could wrestle control of the capital from an entire enemy's army (even if we've now seen that mask face has begun scheming with the enemy kings brother...). And the whole thing with Sindura (sp?) was dumb. The new King betraying Assling, for what? It's not like Assling actually controls Pars. It made no sense. And the 3 year treaty? Equally stupid.

Overall this show isn't bad. It's fairly enjoyable. There's a lot I like about it.

I give it a 7/10. It didn't really excel at *anything*, but it was very consistent episode to episode in terms of quality and entertainment value.

Also, I don't like Assling's English VA.
May 23, 2021 6:48 AM
Apr 2020
Hmmm what a fun and thrilling ride for this anime!

I didn't know that Lidenfilms/Sanzigen are hiding this hidden gem. It really captures of what an historical-action anime should have been. The animation and the OSTs are really great and I really like the story a lot. Even though there are some skipped plots that are noticeable but it doesn't affect the story much.

The character developments are good too but it seems that the MC, Prince Arslan does not have an impressive developments. Throughout the series he has not been very dependable when it comes to battle. It's only thanks to his powerful and faithful servants that he made it this far. I'm not hating him don't get me wrong. It's just that at least give him a big development. He's the main center of this anime, after all.. Being very kind and considerable to his peoples and servants is not enough for a King...

With all of that. Overall I really enjoy this. I'll give this an 8/10. I hope they end it properly on the next one...
Kirukato05May 23, 2021 6:52 AM
Jul 20, 2021 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
PrimeX said:
Most of the time, the battles were ridiculous. There's fantasy magic involved making it even more unrealistic. Many asspulls. Many plot convenience. And did I already say magic? BUT I was very very much entertained. I love how Arslan grows into the great leader that he's bound to be. I like how the romance, no matter how I find it annoying at times, was still controlled to a level. And I'm excited for season 2!

I continued to view this as simply an anime version of dynasty warriors when I saw the battles.
Oct 15, 2021 2:10 AM
Apr 2018
Did they reveal at any point during the anime what kind of painting did Narsus make? I am very curious.
Nov 2, 2021 4:21 PM

Oct 2016
An episode to settle things down after the conclusive(at least for this part of the series)confrontation in the previous episode.Lots of screen time for Etoile/Estelle,which i don't mind but there were a lot of other characters to look into besides her.I like the way they used a newborn as a symbol to show Estelle's change of heart.The idea was that after so many preventable deaths innocence of a newborn symbolises a relatively peaceful future where nurturing environment and growth is attainable.

As for the show itself,it was mediocre at best with its high and low points scattered throughout its course.Still the setting was interesting enough and some characters deserved heightened attention.
Feb 25, 2022 9:40 AM
Nov 2020
Sad that it's not that popular! Although sometimes It can be repetitive with both kings. Where Silver Lord mask being like "nuuu I'm the rightful king hmph!!" and Arslan being "Let's go for Ecbatana!! (7x's)"
Jul 14, 2022 7:21 AM
Mar 2016
man I can't believe my eyes. the old version vs this version is like those characters are totally a different person. this version have the character's design is way too different. what kind of art and drawing is back in those old day of the old version anyway? this is way too different from anime like Dragon quest dai adventure 2020 in which character design is still the same
Jan 6, 2023 6:00 PM
Nov 2016
Un de los animes que mas me gusto
Mar 9, 2023 5:21 PM
Dec 2017
Great story, well told

Opposed to the theme that war is inevitable, and minimal casualties should be the goal.
Aug 16, 2023 6:25 AM
Aug 2023
It was like a cool down lap after completing an intense race. The episode was calm and wholesome, a good break from the violence and unfortunate loss of life prevalent in the previous episode. The question of Gieve's mission is answered without spending too much needless attention on it. It is a good ending that even if there was no hope of a continuation is satisfying enough to allow one to move on effortlessly. Overall I enjoyed the anime, it's going on my favourites.
Dec 31, 2023 7:59 AM
Dec 2022
STORY? YES. ANIMATION? YES. MAIN CHARACTER? ABSALUTLY YES.

Finally reason why I am back with anime
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.