Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2007
Equitum said:

I can't speak for the LNs, as I haven't read them, but in the anime she certainly didn't make me feel confident her plan would work. She basically just said that she "wouldn't let" the Demon King take over the world. -_-

Which implies that she has a plan. Which makes sense since it is the suppose dmastermind of this whole mes speaking.
Sep 19, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2013
Tozzy said:
ValhasDrew said:
Actually, you haven't been explained about her plan completely. If she is taking a risk to sacrifice 500k lives, I doubt she is making it on a half hearted plan. I can assure you that as a LN reader. If you read from what has been translated of the LNs, you will get your answer and may actually consider siding with her if you think the whole world and humanity's survival is more worth than 500k lives.

Asking someone to read the source material for something for show failed to explain is an awful excuse. When will people learn to stop doing this?
Im not telling him to read the LN because it was failed to be explained. It wasn't explained at this point. It wasn't necessary to be explained at this point either. Everything that has been revealed so far has been for the progress of the LN. Else if you knew what would happen in Volume 4 since volume 2, would you continue reading? The answer is no. So please refrain from assumptions.
If anything, please stop making assumptions if you didn't understood what I was trying to say.
ValhasDrewSep 19, 2015 4:13 PM
Sep 19, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2008
I knew it was Nashetania since I've read the light novels but damn seeing it in anime form pissed me off like I thought it would. For the record I HATE Nashetania. I really hate characters that act all nice and innocent but are actually insane psychos.
Sep 19, 2015 4:09 PM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
~snip~

You've a point there, but for me, it feels like we are talking about Human lives as if they were just Numbers, if we gladly accept the 500k Sacrifice for peace.
Or maybe it's just my Human Bias talking. I mean, Demons also have to sacrifice lives, but i don't seem to care about that, at all.
Sep 19, 2015 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
Equitum said:
ValhasDrew said:
Actually, you haven't been explained about her plan completely. If she is taking a risk to sacrifice 500k lives, I doubt she is making it on a half hearted plan. I can assure you that as a LN reader. If you read from what has been translated of the LNs, you will get your answer and may actually consider siding with her if you think the whole world and humanity's survival is more worth than 500k lives.

I can't speak for the LNs, as I haven't read them, but in the anime she certainly didn't make me feel confident her plan would work. She basically just said that she "wouldn't let" the Demon King take over the world. -_-
I know you haven't read them, but if I have learned something from villains plotting their plans and telling them, is that they are 99% real most of the times.
I would feel that someone is confident if he/she is willing to risk 500k in the brink without feeling guilty. Or 500k lives is too few for her plan of coexistence of Kyouma & humans together?¡+
Sep 19, 2015 4:14 PM

Jul 2014
Testament956 said:
I knew it was Nashetania since I've read the light novels but damn seeing it in anime form pissed me off like I thought it would. For the record I HATE Nashetania. I really hate characters that act all nice and innocent but are actually insane psychos.

You always got episode 11 for the eternal boot on the face. I'd search for it myself but scrolling through ~900 commenta is a hassle.

I'm surprised about the lack of discussion concering Tgurneu.
"Hi!"
Sep 19, 2015 4:14 PM

Jul 2007
Shrimperor said:
CookingPriest said:
~snip~

You've a point there, but for me, it feels like we are talking about Human lives as if they were just Numbers, if we gladly accept the 500k Sacrifice for peace.
Or maybe it's just my Human Bias talking. I mean, Demons also have to sacrifice lives, but i don't seem to care about that, at all.

Lets replace Demons with random nation in our world.
Then lets replace Humans with another nation in the world.

Oh look how perception changes.

As I said, few centuries ago, it was a common myth that black people steal souls, practice witchcraft and eat children. Oh look, propaganda.
Sep 19, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2015
YEEART said:
Testament956 said:

You always got episode 11 for the eternal boot on the face. I'd search for it myself but scrolling through ~900 commenta is a hassle.

Who?:P
Sep 19, 2015 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
ValhasDrew said:
Equitum said:

I know you haven't read them, but if I have learned something from villains plotting their plans and telling them, is that they are 99% real most of the times.
I would feel that someone is confident if he/she is willing to risk 500k in the brink without feeling guilty. Or 500k lives is too few for her plan of coexistence of Kyouma & humans together?¡+

Oh, I'm quite aware that SHE is confident of the her plan's chances of success. But that doesn't mean it actually has a high chance of success. She could just be delusional - which is the conclusion I came to from the perspective of someone who has only watched the anime, as we are given no evidence that would support the feasibility of her plan. Can you really say that that isn't a logical conclusion to make if you disregard knowledge from the light novels?
Sep 19, 2015 4:25 PM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:

Lets replace Demons with random nation in our world.
Then lets replace Humans with another nation in the world.

Oh look how perception changes.

As I said, few centuries ago, it was a common myth that black people steal souls, practice witchcraft and eat children. Oh look, propaganda.

I get your point and understand where you are coming from.
Let's take a war between 2 Nations, with about 50 Million Population each, as an example. If, let's say, the sacrifice of 500k (250k/Nation) will achieve Peace between the Nations. While it's only a small Precent, i can't agree to such a thing, because the 500k are still Humans/Lives. This should only be the last Method to do such stuff.
That's why i also don't agree with Bunny Girl.
Sep 19, 2015 4:25 PM

Dec 2010
Sep 19, 2015 4:26 PM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:

Again 500k people is nothing compared to the possible casualties over the course of repeating conflict.

Is sacrificing around 500k not a fair price to avoid the cycle of ~10-100k people dying again and agian in infinite number of conflict?
Let's say ~120k people die in every time demon god revives. 500k as a price might seem ridiculous RIGHT NOW, but in 5 more cycles of conflict you will already have lost way more than 500k people. That is given if one of two sides does not end up causing a genocide to the other. Suddenly you are choosing to save around 500k now and allowing the prospect of possibly millions/billions(depending on human/fiend population) dying in future.

She did say that trying to kill them outright might have been wrong approach.

This is the same thing Kiritsugu pursued and we both know how that ended. It's the exact same as the two boat scenario when you examine it in the reverse.

You're assuming everlasting peace can be brokered, it is a fool's dream. Might be able to negotiate peace for a hundred years at the cost of 500k humans, but eventually war would break out again, and then what? Do it again? And again? And then a thousand years down the line you haven't sacrificed 500k people for peace, but 5 million?
Sep 19, 2015 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
Well but at least we may assume who/what would they meet soon :D

Sep 19, 2015 4:27 PM

Jul 2014
ViciLockhart said:
YEEART said:

The most interesting and manipulative person in the series. Of course, he only appeared what, twice throughout the series?
"Hi!"
Sep 19, 2015 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
That was an amazing series! the studio that made this are AMAZING with that perfect adaptation
Sep 19, 2015 4:29 PM

Aug 2015
YEEART said:
The most interesting and manipulative person in the series. Of course, he only appeared what, twice throughout the series?
so i think i just posted him ( and hes not a person). still his name wasn't mention ? i have a problem to even remember new girl name ( Rolonia)
Sep 19, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
YEEART said:
ViciLockhart said:

That kyouma brings despair and problems everywhere he goes. If they do adapt a second season, he will have a huge role in the progress of the season.
Sep 19, 2015 4:43 PM
Jun 2013
Man, this anime. I remember it started as low 7s in score now it's high 7s which it deserves. The development got intense and the mystery was good. Now that they've add another 7th thing is going to be interesting again, will be looking forward to S2!!
Sep 19, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
ValhasDrew said:
Im not telling him to read the LN because it was failed to be explained. It wasn't explained at this point. It wasn't necessary to be explained at this point either. Everything that has been revealed so far has been for the progress of the LN. Else if you knew what would happen in Volume 4 since volume 2, would you continue reading? The answer is no. So please refrain from assumptions.
If anything, please stop making assumptions if you didn't understood what I was trying to say.

Ah, my mistake. I didn't read properly at all and thought you were talking about something that had failed to be adapted at this stage - not in chapters ahead.

It's something I see people doing far too much.
Sep 19, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2015
So the princess was the fake after all. Hope this gets a second season. 8/10 better than what I expected.
Sep 19, 2015 4:45 PM

Aug 2015
ValhasDrew said:
That kyouma brings despair and problems everywhere he goes. If they do adapt a second season, he will have a huge role in the progress of the season.
Well so i have post his image few minutes back after asking who is it didn't know his name .
Sep 19, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
This show was fantastic. Certainly much better than I originally expected (after first glance I wasn't even planning on watching it, until I heard good things about it).

I laughed out loud when I saw there were seven again. (I'm thinking it's Goldov.)

I certainly want more seasons.

Ultimately, this show had a very slow pace and I wonder how that affected viewership in general (especially in Japan where it matters).
Sep 19, 2015 4:52 PM

Oct 2014
stephen5000 said:

Ultimately, this show had a very slow pace and I wonder how that affected viewership in general (especially in Japan where it matters).

Afaik, it doing really well in the West and China (official streaming sites and stuff), while Japanese don't care about it ._.
Sep 19, 2015 4:53 PM

May 2015
And so, this fantastic show ended.... That twist.... Loved this episode, now hoping for a S2! Really loved this show, one of the best this season in my opinion. 9/10. Now, time to look up the original source....

Sep 19, 2015 4:55 PM

Nov 2014
HandsomeMan said:
"At least we can be sure I'm not the seventh, so you can follow me, everyone!"
Good one, Adlet.

Exactly what I'm thinking.
Now everyone will follow Adlet mindlessly because he's cleared of being the Seventh...making him even more so suspicious...
Besides, fake Nashetania had her crest the same spot as Rolonia's, while Adlet and Fremy have their crest on their hands, so I think one of them is the fake...
Deadhouse said:
Also i think that Goldov is a fake brave now and that he has lost his crest after Nachetaniya was revealed that she is the 7th xD

TF are you talking about? When did he lost his crest?
Frrrosty said:
Passione will sorely regret not making a second season if they just left it at volume 1, it's like only having ever gotten one Harry Potter book. You can only appreciate this season if you've read all the LN volumes because only then will you realize that this was a massive setup for what's to come.

Every question, every oddity, every qualm you might have about the plot and character behaviour/actions are tightly woven in and ingeniously foreshadowed for the following main arc.

I second this.
To those who rates this anime low because of the 'plot holes' and character 'oocness,' please go read the LN. Everything is explained there. There's a reason for having another seventh (and no, it's not because this author can't think of any other plot than 'finding the seventh', and it's not for the sake of a love triangle either), for the love between Adlet and Fremy, for Mora's actions, for Goldof being so loyal...etc. There's a reason for everything. So please go read the LN instead of bad-mouthing this anime in the forum. Every question you have will get an answer in the LN (and more questions will come...).
robis798 said:
8/10 for now, might shift to lower side after reading novels.

Haha don't worry. You will definitely raise the rating after reading the LN.
Nintendofan204 said:
I also can't stand this Rolonia girl already. She just looks annoying. Not every anime girl has to be attractive but she looks like a fucking cow. Her personality also seems annoying. I just hope that if there is a Season 2 (or if I read the LN) she's not as irritating as she came off in this episode. (I hated Hans at one point, but I like him now, so it's possible.)

It hurts me to know that so many people here hates Rolonia merely because of her looks. I realized that these people are exactly like the bullies who would torment a new student because he's fat/ugly. We have enough of that in the real world, so please don't treat anime characters as such.

Nintendofan204 said:
Finally, the fact that there is another seventh... What the fuck? And they're just shrugging it off? How does that work? Isn't that a big deal?

This is ironic. So many people have been disliking this anime because the characters stayed in one place trying to figure out the Seventh, instead of moving forward to fight the Demon God.

And here comes you who wants them to stay and find the Seventh, instead of moving forward.

To answer your question, no ,they did not shrug it off, and yes, it is a big deal, but they will be slowed down if they stayed there and tried to find the Seventh, which is exactly what the Seventh wanted them to do (slow them down so the Demon God and fully awaken and kill them all). That's why they decided to continue their quest while figuring out the Seventh along the way. Besides, they have no clue who the Seventh is, so instead of wasting their time finding clues, it's more important to fight the Demon God first, and along the way the Seventh might slip and spill the beans.

Mod Note: Plot spoiler removed. Even though it was tagged.
rodacSep 19, 2015 6:16 PM
Sep 19, 2015 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
YEEART said:
Testament956 said:

Yeah that was my favorite scene of the entire series, that and Fremy acting cute as shit towards the end.

As for Rolonia's design I didn't think it was that bad, she's actually one of my favorites in the series.
Unlike Nastetania she really is nice and innocent. Until you make her go into kill mode that is.
Testament956Sep 19, 2015 5:06 PM
Sep 19, 2015 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
"Endless Eight" + 4 + n?

That certainly was a big F-You to the audience from the creators of this story.

A dull fantasy that tried to be a mystery but failed on all counts thanks to ignoring all of the rules of mystery writing.

If there is an anime sequel I'm certainly not wasting my time on it.
Sep 19, 2015 5:03 PM
Mar 2013
Great Ending! I seriously did not think that it was the princess that was the seventh. My bet was Maura. There was so much tension!! 8/10

Jul 2007
GSupernova said:
CookingPriest said:

Again 500k people is nothing compared to the possible casualties over the course of repeating conflict.

Is sacrificing around 500k not a fair price to avoid the cycle of ~10-100k people dying again and agian in infinite number of conflict?
Let's say ~120k people die in every time demon god revives. 500k as a price might seem ridiculous RIGHT NOW, but in 5 more cycles of conflict you will already have lost way more than 500k people. That is given if one of two sides does not end up causing a genocide to the other. Suddenly you are choosing to save around 500k now and allowing the prospect of possibly millions/billions(depending on human/fiend population) dying in future.

She did say that trying to kill them outright might have been wrong approach.

This is the same thing Kiritsugu pursued and we both know how that ended. It's the exact same as the two boat scenario when you examine it in the reverse.

You're assuming everlasting peace can be brokered, it is a fool's dream. Might be able to negotiate peace for a hundred years at the cost of 500k humans, but eventually war would break out again, and then what? Do it again? And again? And then a thousand years down the line you haven't sacrificed 500k people for peace, but 5 million?

Except Kiritsugu tried to fix the world. Which is impossible.
Nashetania is trying to fix a very specific conflict.

Feb 2009
All I have to say is... It was good ride!
Sep 19, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2014
Black_Scythe said:
I wouldn't necessarily say she's ugly but I don't like her design in general. Nor do I like her personality, she already gets on my nerves. So far I actually liked all the characters(Chamot was a bit annoying at times but is still likable) but this new one is just.. ugh.

People don't like Chamo at first, but liked her after getting to know her better after a few episodes.

You've only met Rolonia for like...5 minutes? Wait for a 2nd season (or read the LN) before you decide whether you like her or not.

Mod Note: Spoiler removed.
rodacSep 19, 2015 6:17 PM
Sep 19, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, there goes my very first ship in this anime xD but all's good! I liked Flamie more anyways once I met her! x)
Guess it's pretty useless to keep this picture now though, all the way from episode 2, LOL!
Overall, this anime was pretty enjoyable to watch! Hope to watch more soon :D especially with that new Seventh Brave :o

7.5/10 = 8/10 :)
Sep 19, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2014
yes pretty solid charater solid adventure fantasy world with mix detective gimmick 7/10.

now time to use MC is really something plot.Aldet is second fake.
Sep 19, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2015
It was okay - but I am slightly disheartened I called the princess in episode two because it would be "the biggest plot twist". I did like how they tied all the little details together to reveal that it was her...

However...

I feel like we are now back to square one, and that is slightly frustrating.

If they do a season 2, I will probably watch, but I hope that there is more action and more character development. someone mentioned it already, but the characters are all pretty great.
Sep 19, 2015 5:15 PM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:

No... you cannot bring everlasting peace between two nations without trying to 'fix the world'. But that isn't really the point I'm trying to make here. A peace at the cost of 500k lives per 'x period of time' is probably possible. But at some point the 'small' price you're paying per period of time stacks up so that you've 'saved' less people than you sacrificed to do so. Or in this scenario, you've sacrificed more lives than you've even saved by 'breaking the cycle' as you describe it.
Sep 19, 2015 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
AOTS , didn't disappoint me to the very end.
Sep 19, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2014
dbaranyi said:
"Endless Eight" + 4 + n?

That certainly was a big F-You to the audience from the creators of this story.

A dull fantasy that tried to be a mystery but failed on all counts thanks to ignoring all of the rules of mystery writing.

If there is an anime sequel I'm certainly not wasting my time on it.

Implying that you need to follow rules for a good mystery.
YehartSep 19, 2015 5:20 PM
"Hi!"
Sep 19, 2015 5:20 PM

Jun 2011
Lol, Nashetania was the first one I suspected because she told Adlet to go to the temple xD And then I switched to Maura and Hans and Maura again and the previous episode got me back to Nashetania.
Sep 19, 2015 5:22 PM

Jul 2007
GSupernova said:
CookingPriest said:

No... you cannot bring everlasting peace between two nations without trying to 'fix the world'. But that isn't really the point I'm trying to make here. A peace at the cost of 500k lives per 'x period of time' is probably possible. But at some point the 'small' price you're paying per period of time stacks up so that you've 'saved' less people than you sacrificed to do so. Or in this scenario, you've sacrificed more lives than you've even saved by 'breaking the cycle' as you describe it.

She is not trying to bring everlasting peace.

She is trying to break the cycle of a premediated conflict that repeats again and again.
Sep 19, 2015 5:26 PM

Feb 2014
Sweet, they found out the seventh brave, the barrier's deactivated, and they're all ready to go out and fight the demon lord! ...oh wait, another brave is here? Well, at least this time it will be easy for them to tell who's the seventh because all they have to do is waltz into the land of howling demons and see who dies in a day...

This anime was super entertaining. There was a lot of suspense, the OST was fantastic, and I liked the action when it was present. 9/10 from me.

second season plz
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
Well that was anticlimatic. So the previous episode's "bad writing" turmed out to be bad acting. As I said last week "unless she's the 7th that was bad writing".

Wasn't finding those spare stone tablets awfully convenient? Like real damn convenient? Meh.

I still like the show. Had some slight pacing issues and the first 3 episodes aren't exactly full of exciting content to keep people watching.
A surprising 7/10 for me.
Sep 19, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2014
My score went from an 8/10 to a 6/10...
There are 5 things about this Anime that I don't like.

Maybe I should of waited to play Danganronpa. I feel like it changed my standards for a mystery. Well, like Komaeda said "A mystery that easy would make me sad..."
Sep 19, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
Best summer 2015 anime in my opinion.
Sep 19, 2015 5:42 PM
Oct 2010
I had high hopes for this, but the last two episodes went downhill, imo. Mostly this one.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 19, 2015 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
First, i'd like to say I knew it was her, I even said so before >.> (Among my several other accusations)
second i'd like to say YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F**KING KIDDING ME!!! After 8 episodes of "Who's the seventh!?" they find out... ONLY TO GET ANOTHER SEVENTH!?!??! That's just... mean.

That being said, I have every intent on reading the LN now, so I suppose the anime gets a plus for doing its job >.>
Sep 19, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2012
A second 7th brave threw me off guard. Did not expect that to happen. Is Aldet the second fake like what others are suspecting? I'm guessing it could also be Goldof, still teaming up with the princess, posing to be a real brave. Who knows? Hopefully there'll be a second season to solve the second fake conundrum.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 19, 2015 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
I'm pretty sure if there was a second season it wouldn't go as far as revealing who the new seventh is. Since it would most likely be another 12/13 episode series. I can't see it going as far as the second novel. But the second novel is awesome and it wouldn't matter since it has one of the best arcs in the series.

Mod Note: Spoiler Removed.
rodacSep 19, 2015 6:20 PM
Sep 19, 2015 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
I hated the new girl :(

Fremy still best girl :)
Sep 19, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2014
WHAT? What the fuck?! You cant just throw in a new character in the last episode! And now there's 8 fucking braves?

I really want there to be another season, but I dont want to waste another season playing "whos the seventh."

Anyway, it was about time suspicion fell on Maura for awhile; she was the first one who started pretending to be the leader. Nashetanea being the 7th was a surprise. I thought it was Goldov. Maybe hes the 8th?

7/10 overall score.
Sep 19, 2015 5:54 PM
Apr 2014
Voltning said:
Omg.... THE PRINCESS!!! I thought it was Maura... And she is willing to sacrifice 500thousand?!?!? For peace?!?!

ANOTHER BRAVE?!? I died when she came and showed her crest xD here we go again!

So much potential for another season!!!!!!!! We will see the princess again and we will continue to see flamie's jeolousy of the new girl xD

What are 500,000 human lives when it could mean saving millions upon millions of human and fiend lives in generations to come by ending this recurring cycle and eternal war between Humanity and the Demon God?
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.