Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 26, 2010 12:20 AM

Apr 2008
chiyos_Dad said:
MisterSaito said:
net_nomad said:

People who talk like they are married to a character or own the character also make me want to stab myself a little bit.
whoa there slow down, mai waifus are upset.

How many do you have?

Apr 26, 2010 12:38 AM

Sep 2009
chiyos_Dad said:
Yeah But what should?

Don't ask me, it's just a matter of opinion.
Apr 26, 2010 12:56 AM

Jun 2008
Lind_L_Tailor said:
chiyos_Dad said:
Yeah But what should?

If that's the case, why was it stupid of someone to give their own opinion?
Apr 26, 2010 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
The thing that annoys me the most are indeed the fangirls and boy who try to speak japanese and are shit at it. not that im better :)

But a year ago I was at a anime con at a AMV contest so we where with 500 people in 1 cinema room. Al good and stuff..... Then there was a AMV about some vampire Yaoi if im correct not sure what anime. The entire Female fangirls in this room get some kind of beserking epileptic attack. Since that moment I tent to avoid fan girls. Not that the fan boy are better.
Apr 26, 2010 1:43 AM

Sep 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
chiyos_Dad said:
Yeah But what should?

If that's the case, why was it stupid of someone to give their own opinion?

Because Code Geass, Death Note and Gurren Lagann are clearly not. It was stupider in context, given that they were actively decrying the current listing as well, and had already made it clear they had no clue what they were talking about.
Apr 26, 2010 1:44 AM

Feb 2010
mrjiggles said:
"They should've continued Death Note, it's too short, you know like bring in more and more detectives to go against Light."

Haha, that's a good one, they should have stopped after ep 25, imo.

"The Bleach fillers are even worse than the Naruto fillers"
Apr 26, 2010 7:25 AM

Oct 2009
MisterSaito said:
chiyos_Dad said:
MisterSaito said:
net_nomad said:

People who talk like they are married to a character or own the character also make me want to stab myself a little bit.

How many do you have?

O.O
wow ~!
Apr 26, 2010 8:24 AM

Jul 2009
MisterSaito said:
chiyos_Dad said:
MisterSaito said:
net_nomad said:

How many do you have?

yet I'm called a whore for having 2 (husbandos that is)... I hate being femano- I mean female.
Apr 26, 2010 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
Sweetpea said:
ezikialrage said:
3.Anime fans who are not fluent in Japanese saying that the Japanese language version is better than the dubbed language or that the Japanese version has more emotion in it.This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard someone say.Its the equivalent of saying Oranges taste awful if you never tasted oranges before.How the hell is anyone going to say that one is better when they have no possible way of making such a comparison between the two. The only reason to watch subs when there is a dubbed version out other than not being able to get your hands on a dub out is to live in denial. Maybe this is some weeaboo thing to bash dubs.

No. Personally it's because since I'm not fluent, I can't tell when the Japanese actors are bad! It's pretty obvious when the voice actors are bad when they're speaking my native language. That being said, there are some Japanese movies/shows I've seen where I did prefer the English-speaking voice actors over their Japanese counterparts. One of my personal fave dubs is Kiki's Delivery Service. Why? Something about the original voices just seem off to me. Personal preferance, though.

I can see watching subs over dubs for that you do not know if the Japanese voice acting is horrible,sometimes ignorance is bliss.Which is why I do not read mangas that a anime series is based.

chiyos_Dad said:
What's wrong with watching subs?

Nothing is wrong with watching subs.Its usually that die hard subs fans make the most ignorant comments like all dubs subs or the voice acting or emotion is better even though they are not fluent in the original language of that show.

I will watch subs only if I can not find a dubbed version. I figure that if I want to read I will pick up a book, chat on online forums, or read news websites.But I am not going to make up some bullshit that the acting and emotion is better in one version over the other when I am only fluent in English. And even if I was fluent in both languages it is still a matter a personal opinion.

lollypatrolly said:

That being said, you can't claim that it's not possible to detect good / bad acting in a language you're not fluent in.

I disagree. Grammar structure is different, Sarcasm maybe played out different, and there may be certain voices deemed comedic in nature that we simply do not understand as well as certain jokes word plays and other things we may not get. Nor You do no know if the Japanese voice actor sounds like a Japanese version of Invader Zim,Ed,Edd and Eddy,A tiny Toons character or even if that voice actor actually sounds like a real person.
Apr 26, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
Anything a naruto fanboy/girl says is rendered the stupidest statement ever :D
oifxae.jpg
Apr 26, 2010 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
MisterSaito said:
chiyos_Dad said:
MisterSaito said:
net_nomad said:

How many do you have?

That's too many young man
Apr 26, 2010 12:48 PM

Jun 2008
ezikialrage said:
Sweetpea said:
ezikialrage said:
3.Anime fans who are not fluent in Japanese saying that the Japanese language version is better than the dubbed language or that the Japanese version has more emotion in it.This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard someone say.Its the equivalent of saying Oranges taste awful if you never tasted oranges before.How the hell is anyone going to say that one is better when they have no possible way of making such a comparison between the two. The only reason to watch subs when there is a dubbed version out other than not being able to get your hands on a dub out is to live in denial. Maybe this is some weeaboo thing to bash dubs.

No. Personally it's because since I'm not fluent, I can't tell when the Japanese actors are bad! It's pretty obvious when the voice actors are bad when they're speaking my native language. That being said, there are some Japanese movies/shows I've seen where I did prefer the English-speaking voice actors over their Japanese counterparts. One of my personal fave dubs is Kiki's Delivery Service. Why? Something about the original voices just seem off to me. Personal preferance, though.

I can see watching subs over dubs for that you do not know if the Japanese voice acting is horrible,sometimes ignorance is bliss.Which is why I do not read mangas that a anime series is based.

chiyos_Dad said:

Nothing is wrong with watching subs.Its usually that die hard subs fans make the most ignorant comments like all dubs subs or the voice acting or emotion is better even though they are not fluent in the original language of that show.

I will watch subs only if I can not find a dubbed version. I figure that if I want to read I will pick up a book, chat on online forums, or read news websites.But I am not going to make up some bullshit that the acting and emotion is better in one version over the other when I am only fluent in English. And even if I was fluent in both languages it is still a matter a personal opinion.

lollypatrolly said:

That being said, you can't claim that it's not possible to detect good / bad acting in a language you're not fluent in.

I disagree. Grammar structure is different, Sarcasm maybe played out different, and there may be certain voices deemed comedic in nature that we simply do not understand as well as certain jokes word plays and other things we may not get. Nor You do no know if the Japanese voice actor sounds like a Japanese version of Invader Zim,Ed,Edd and Eddy,A tiny Toons character or even if that voice actor actually sounds like a real person.

Quoted for epic truth. Being a sub fan is fine, but dub bashers often have no clue what they are talking about.
Apr 28, 2010 4:55 AM

Dec 2008
People who will hate female characters from shows because the girl is too close to their [insert male character here].

Ugh.

Also, from cons, with people having signs saying, "Will Yaoi for food."
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Apr 28, 2010 8:08 AM

Jan 2010
"If you like popular anime, you're a fag."

"If you like dubs more than subs, you're a fag."

"If you like cartoons (read: Western animation) more than anime, you're a fag."

"If you like 3D girls more than 2D girls, you're a fag."

And my personal favorite:

"R1 companies are evil! All they do is butcher the beautiful original Japanese message for profit! Fansubs and scanlations are the only TRUE versions!"

Okay, they quotes are not word-for-word, but anything resembling the above quotes are the stupidest things I've heard from anime fans. I can't cite any personal examples because I have seen WAY too many examples of the above quotes to remember anything specifically.
"Simply by the presence of butthurt, this level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika. What do you think, everyone?"
Apr 28, 2010 8:09 AM

Dec 2009
Free_Candy said:
"Naruto is the best show ever made...Believe it"

something this KoolKidsKlub said on MAL...thats the stupidest thing a fan ever said...what dumb ass..dont you just want to find him and punch him in the mouth?

This

also

People comparing NGE with Code Geass, saying 'omg CG is way better' ... even though they share almost nothing in common >_>
Apr 28, 2010 1:40 PM

Jun 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
cb27ded said:
I think this needs to be expounded upon to make ultra-clear why this is stupid. Let's start with the easiest thing Yoai isn't a verb, it's not even a word, it's an acronym, and really the actual acronym isn't even explicitly homosexual, or sexual for that matter. I could be missing some crazy Japanese nuisance here though. Second panhandling isn't cute. You're being a fucking freeloading dick and probably blocking traffic while you're at it. I guess my last thing is learn some fucking fiscal responsibility. I know your parents gave you some money, don't blow it all on overpriced shit you don't need, or if you do go without for a few hours. If you end up dying from it you'll probably end up getting nominated for a Darwin award. I'll be cheering for you.

I think what would be stupider is the guy or girl who accepts the offer. Given the possibility that enough of these people exist, I'd say the original offer isn't such a bad idea, at least for the offeror. Economically speaking, of course.
Apr 28, 2010 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
mrjiggles said:
"They should've continued Death Note, it's too short, you know like bring in more and more detectives to go against Light."

I agree that the series should have been a little bit longer, but that way of putting it just sucks...

YummyYum said:
"i wish geass were real, i will over use it"~

*face-palm*

lol, what as*hole said this ? Pathetic, but that's how some retarded fanboys/girls of Death Note and Code Geass are.... Sadly the truth...
ViolentDemiseApr 28, 2010 2:22 PM
Apr 28, 2010 5:18 PM

Apr 2009
cb27ded said:
People who will hate female characters from shows because the girl is too close to their [insert male character here].

Ugh.

Yeah, this happens so much at cons, it's very annoying.

Someone shoved some guy for having that sign on him xD
Apr 28, 2010 7:08 PM

Aug 2009
ezikialrage said:

Nothing is wrong with watching subs.Its usually that fans who claim to be diehards make the most ignorant comments like all dubs subs or the voice acting or emotion is better even though they are not fluent in the original language of that show.

Fixed* and word.

This is one of the few things that irks me about (self) acclaimed anime fans (Oh, sorry O-takus).
Apr 29, 2010 5:49 AM
Mar 2010
"hetalia is good anime".
I even watched the first episode, just to drop it and give it "1".
Apr 29, 2010 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
krzysztofskorek said:
"hetalia is good anime".

... I don't see the problem here.
Apr 29, 2010 6:49 AM
Aug 2009
"Any anime besides Naruto sucks".
Apr 29, 2010 7:18 AM
Dec 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
ezikialrage said:
Sweetpea said:
ezikialrage said:

chiyos_Dad said:

lollypatrolly said:

Quoted for epic truth. Being a sub fan is fine, but dub bashers often have no clue what they are talking about.

sadly i've not seen a good dubbed anime before lol. the ones i've seen are rather awful, mainly because the voice doesn't fit the character's personality and somethimes the voice is totally out of sync with the video =/
Apr 29, 2010 7:46 AM

Dec 2008
"DBZ is the greatest thing I've ever experienced in my life"
Apr 29, 2010 8:07 AM

Nov 2008
"Bleach is the best action series ever made"

Apr 29, 2010 10:19 AM

Oct 2009
qseft said:
sadly i've not seen a good dubbed anime before lol. the ones i've seen are rather awful, mainly because the voice doesn't fit the character's personality and somethimes the voice is totally out of sync with the video =/

R.O.D the TV has the best dub out of anything that I have seen. It's something that I would never watch in the original language. The OVA on the other hand is something I much prefer to watch in sub form (came out first and had completely different voice actors). It's worth a watch if you want to check out a good English dub.

*On topic* Pretty much anything that says that there is a right or a wrong way to enjoy anime (whether it be the subs are the only way or dubs are the only way or you must only enjoy XYZ anime) will end up being the dumbest thing that any fan can say. There's just so much content out there that certain things will appeal to certain people and that's awesome in my book.
LaVacheApr 29, 2010 10:23 AM
Apr 29, 2010 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
qseft said:

If something was out of sync, that's either a very old anime or the problem is not with the dubbing but with your video player. And if you think the voices don't match the character's personality there are two common reasons for that:
1. You saw it in Japanese first and are pre-biased as to what characters are "supposed" to sound like that.
2. You're a subfag/dubhater in general and any English dialogue in anime doesn't sound right to you.

Neither are valid excuses. Rarely is an English dub actually bad these days.

Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me which shows you've seen in English, I am curious.
Apr 29, 2010 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
qseft said:

If something was out of sync, that's either a very old anime or the problem is not with the dubbing but with your video player. And if you think the voices don't match the character's personality there are two common reasons for that:
1. You saw it in Japanese first and are pre-biased as to what characters are "supposed" to sound like that.
2. You're a subfag/dubhater in general and any English dialogue in anime doesn't sound right to you.

Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me which shows you've seen in English, I am curious.

Man why can't dubfags just leave us subfags alone 8(
Apr 29, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
chiyos_Dad said:
Redfoxoffire said:
qseft said:

Man why can't dubfags just leave us subfags alone 8(

I will when subfags leave English dubs alone. (<-- Will likely never happen)
Apr 29, 2010 7:15 PM
Sep 2009
Hoppy said:

Nah i hate shounen anime like naruto and death note and mecha anime
i also hate key productions like clannad
those animes hare horrible i dont no how there top rated
Apr 29, 2010 7:33 PM

Nov 2007
krzysztofskorek said:
"hetalia is good anime".

I don't know. I thought Hetalia was pretty funny, and I don't even like humor anime.
Apr 29, 2010 7:37 PM

Feb 2010
Zero my Hero <33
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2010 8:03 PM

Aug 2007
Whenever anyone uses random Japanese phrases in English conversation.

For instance, I knew one guy who would say "so desu" every time I told him anything, so I acted like I thought he was asking me if I wanted soda and said "No but I'll take lemonade if you've got it." That confused the heck out of him.
Apr 29, 2010 8:14 PM

Oct 2009
RawrXxAnime said:
Hoppy said:

you rated zero no tsukaima and rosario vampire a 10 so your opinion is invalid
Apr 29, 2010 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
34 said:
RawrXxAnime said:
Hoppy said:

Even if that didn't invalidate opinions, he said he hates Key stuff yet gave Kanon an 8. Delicious contradiction is delicious.
Apr 29, 2010 9:18 PM

Jun 2008
Seasonreaper said:
34 said:
RawrXxAnime said:
Hoppy said:

Even if that didn't invalidate opinions, he said he hates Key stuff yet gave Kanon an 8. Delicious contradiction is delicious.

He also appears to have not seen Angel Beats!, Air, or Clannad. I say troll.
Apr 29, 2010 9:22 PM

Sep 2009
"Cowboy Bebop sucks. It was so boring, it just put me to sleep".

BLASPHEMY.

Even then, I was already very much aware that he was an idiot. That just cemented it.
Apr 29, 2010 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
qseft said:

See it's times like this you'd THINK Cowboy Bebop would come to their minds...yet someone still needs to remind them.

RawrXxAnime said:

You hate mecha???!!! I might be able to imagine disliking it...but hate?

Ooh, I can't even comprehend that sentence.

Lind_L_Tailor said:

Even then, I was already very much aware that he was an idiot. That just cemented it.

hahaha
Apr 30, 2010 12:11 AM

Jun 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
You must be new to fandom my friend, because "mecha", I don't respect it as a genre, anime are pretty much wholesale ignored, at best, throughout most of the American anime community now-a-days.

I see TTGL and two seasons of Code Geass on the top anime page. Or is that not enough?
Apr 30, 2010 12:11 AM

Apr 2010
MiCKi said:
"Any anime besides Naruto sucks".

That's not an anime fan, that's a Narutotard :D

Cowabunga said:
"DBZ is the greatest thing I've ever experienced in my life"

Yupp... Stupid...
Apr 30, 2010 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
lollypatrolly said:
Redfoxoffire said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
You must be new to fandom my friend, because "mecha", I don't respect it as a genre, anime are pretty much wholesale ignored, at best, throughout most of the American anime community now-a-days.

I see TTGL and two seasons of Code Geass on the top anime page. Or is that not enough?

But they're both dragging mecha even further into the mud.

Irrelevant to the original point made. They are definitely popular within the American anime community. Gundam is as well, or at least was.
Apr 30, 2010 2:35 AM
Dec 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
qseft said:

Isn't the word 'subfag' a bit offensive? People have to learn to be more friendly, seriously. Anyway i don't particularly hate dubs but i have to profess i have a preference for the original.

As for what i've seen in dub, mainly the ghilbi films, and a few TV series I can't recall right now (I think cardcaptor is one of them). Overall impression of dubs is what I've stated previously. And to be clear, I normally watch the dubs before switching to the japanese audio track (since english is my native language), so there's no 'biasness' here. However, I guess the mental image I have of what an anime is probably contributes a little to my preference for the original.

Oh and I forgot to mention: both subs and dubs have translation errors sometimes. Because subs provide the original audio, people who understand japanese can just ignore the subs if they feel that the translation is not up to standard. For me, the subs are there so that I can read them if I get tired from continuously translating japanese in my head while watching the show. For dubs, there's no such option and you probably only find out about the error if you watch the show twice, which is quite a waste of time if the show ain't that good. Furthermore, some japanese words cannot be translated perfectly. For example, I'll like to know if there's anyone who can translate the word 'moe'. If english dubs don't translate the word and leave it as it is, hearing the word 'moe' in the middle of an english sentence is kind of weird isn't it?
Apr 30, 2010 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
qseft said:
Isn't the word 'subfag' a bit offensive? People have to learn to be more friendly, seriously.

I avoid using it most of the time, but when I do use it I only use it to refer to people who bash dubs, not sub fans in general who have nothing against dubs. Since you appear to be someone who's a bit more open-minded as opposed to the "Lol all dubs suck" tards out there, you would not be a subfag.

And it's hard to keep being friendly when so many of these people exist everywhere I go that even mentions the word 'dub.'

If english dubs don't translate the word and leave it as it is, hearing the word 'moe' in the middle of an english sentence is kind of weird isn't it?

Any established anime should know what that means, and it will likely only be in shows that established anime fans watch (meaning it won't be in popular shows like Naruto, Bleach, Code Geass, etc. that casual Americans might watch). I don't find it weird at all, but it's not like it's common. I think I've only heard it in like, Lucky Star and TMoHS.

I would personally say moe doesn't need translation. It's more like a term originating in Japan than any normal Japanese word.

ShadowbladeEdge said:
]Enough what first of all?

Enough shows. How many Mecha anime need to popular for it to not be an "ignored" genre?
Apr 30, 2010 7:13 PM

Jan 2010
The question is not the amount of mecha anime that are popular, but whether the key shows of the genre are popular. Mazinger Z and the original Gundam have something like 10 fans each, so mecha is pretty much an ignored genre.
Apr 30, 2010 8:15 PM
Dec 2009
" Pikachu gets replaced by Chimchar after the 2nd season of Pokemon."
May 1, 2010 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
You must be new to fandom my friend, because "mecha", I don't respect it as a genre, anime are pretty much wholesale ignored, at best, throughout most of the American anime community now-a-days. The problem, as far as I can figure, is that people consider it a genre, which causes them to lump anything with a giant robot in it to something else with one that they don't like causing them to think all "mecha" anime are the same, a ludicrous notion to the learned, but that's how it is.

I'm not new to fandom. I'm pretty sure most of my childhood and adolescent life has revolved around fandom. So no. Your wrong.

I really should have put an emoticon there to show that I was joking and to show my love and obsession with mecha.

Pahahahaha okay "friend."

You're wrong. Mecha is considered a genre (If you're familiar with That 70s Show, this is were Red would call you a dumbass). Maybe not by your standards, but it sounds like your in denial. Now whats included and/or is categorized within mecha, is a topic of debate.

And atleast I'm not ignorant.

ShadowbladeEdge said:

The problem, as far as I can figure, is that people consider it a genre, which causes them to lump anything with a giant robot in it to something else with one that they don't like causing them to think all "mecha" anime are the same, a ludicrous notion to the learned, but that's how it is.

*Stupidest things fans have said*

You do realize you pulled this out of your ass from left field. Making it sound like you have to deal with a bunch of morons how Ghost in the Shell is a fantastic Mecha series.

A ludicrous notion. Funny because its yet another ludicrous word you've used. Mecha is short for mechanical so it can be used to describe any type of robot: manned, unmanned, or even sentient. And, I believe in Japan thats how its used.

ShadowbladeEdge said:
Enough what first of all?

For mecha to be considered a genre. If I mention Mecha most people on this forum and that are familiar with anime know what genre I'm talking about.

ShadowbladeEdge said:
That really can be said of any "mecha" show lolly.

There's no substance with your condescending comment. Considering the fact that you haven't watched shit when it comes to mecha.

If you want confirmation on that, just read your completed anime list.

ShadowbladeEdge said:

TTGL and Code Geass are anomalies. TTGL being the much more outrageous one because it's the crystallization of all that is super robot. Geass is much more reasonable, the constant Death Note comparisons might illustrate why.

ShadowbladeEdge said:

I'm pretty sure Wing was the only Gundam over here that was ever popular, and I hear it's more like Code Geass than not.

Hey its the stupidest things fans have said.

"Hey that's the name of the thread!" (Arrested Development anyone?)

Wing has had the most maintream success here in the states. But majority of the Gundam metaseries have aired on Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and the Syfy channel. All the Gundam shows besides ZZ, X, Victory, Turn-A, Stargazer, and MS Igloo have recieved dubs as well. So they've been successful enough to not only be licensed in the states, but to also recieve dubs. Oh, MS Igloo has also been licensed in the states.

Besides the fact that Wing and Code Geass have Gundams and Knightmare frames that are far more powerful than the mass produced mecha within each series.

Thats all that comes to mind. Not really STRIKING parrells. Code Geass was a stir-fry of a lot of story elements from other popular series (such as Death Note and Gundam SEED).

ShadowbladeEdge said:

Although Geass and TTGL might be a reversal of trends, but I really doubt it.

reversal of trends. That makes me laugh. Regardless of wether they should be popular or not, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED garnered a big following when it came out in 2002, followed by Destiny in 2004. And I'd say that most of the fans that entered the Gundam universe with these two titles also went on to watch Code Geass.

Here's a highlight of the past eight years of the mecha universe (Fill free to add some titles that I may have missed here) and I think all of them we're pretty well recieved within the anime community.

2002 - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
2004 - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
2005 - Eureka Seven
2006 - Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- Macross Frontier
- Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion R2
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Second Season

So much for reversal trends.

PequeninoMikhail said:
The question is not the amount of mecha anime that are popular, but whether the key shows of the genre are popular. Mazinger Z and the original Gundam have something like 10 fans each, so mecha is pretty much an ignored genre.

For the points that have been brought up by ShadowbladeEdge, I think how popular mecha has been a reasonable point to make. Since he claims its not a genre.

Sounds like you haven't been in contact with too many hardcore mecha fans. Google MAHQ. Haha I know what your trying to say but there are WAY more than 10 fans for Mazinger Z and MSG.

I'll agree with most fans who are getting into anime these days are more into popular anime that's currently airing. Titles such as Mazinger Z, Testujin 28, Getter Robo, etc... aren't as popular within the anime community of today. You're no doubt right about that.

Granted if I hadn't met fans who we're such huge fans of older mecha series and introduced them to me, I probably wouldn't know about them either.
Miguel_AimanMay 1, 2010 9:42 PM
May 2, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2009

If you go ahead and take a look at my last comment, it fits perfectly with the topic title.
Miguel_AimanMay 2, 2010 1:43 PM
May 2, 2010 1:48 PM

Feb 2010
Me: What's your least favorite character from the series Canaan?

Friend: Canaan

Me: Wait... What?

Friend: You know, the white haired chick?

Me: What the hell? She's the best part! *calmly* well why don't you like her?

Friend: She's a douchebag. *after saying this, other friends laugh as they have not seen the show and think her use of douchebag is throughly hilarious considering she is not one to swear*

Me: No, like an actual reason.

Friend: Well she's just annoying and she's a douche. *apparently she's thinking that ppl. will still be amused by her use of the word douche*

Me: *facepalm* That's not a legit reason. But seriously, why?

Friend: She's a douche.

Me: *headdesk*

I died that day...
May 2, 2010 4:03 PM
Sep 2009
34 said:
RawrXxAnime said:
Hoppy said:

im pretty sure i rated ZnT 10
and rosario 8,9 or 10
May 2, 2010 6:43 PM

May 2008
"It IS pronounced Shugo 'CHAR UH' because my friend who has been watching anime for 9 months said so."

When in doubt, never listen to the show. Listen to the experts.

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Why do so many people still shove anime through interpolaiton AI? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - May 19

70 by DigiCat »»
11 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

59 by AshuAmbrose »»
19 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan? ( 1 2 )

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

75 by Gensouori »»
28 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

71 by Euhi »»
32 minutes ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - Yesterday

26 by Tulleha »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.