Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
Wow, I can totally feel the invaluable family bond between Yuu, Ayumi and their brother from all those expository-heavy dialogue and his monotone and flat voice-acting.

Is everyone secretly a jerk? When Shunsuke decided to erase all memories of him he didn't even seem troubled by his decision, he looks so claim and doesn't even think what he does to her sibling is kind of immoral. Who knows even when Yuu already know what's going to happen he still let Ayumi go to school and wait for the last moment to show himself, I guess the man know his dramatic timing right?

Don't try to bullshit me about how this episode justifies the first 5 power-of-the-week episodes because Yuu has to steal their powers for some reason, the fact that how Ayumi died in the first place has nothing to do with any fuck thing from the first 5 episodes is already a waste of time. And I guess to the security guy that Yuu made him jump off the building and the gangers he stabbed, which he provoked them in the first place, is nothing more than a joke because technically that never happened (that still doesn't mean Yuu and Nao aren't pieces of shit). Arr, I hope they remember to get the blind singer to cure Na's brother once again.

You sure there won't be any following-up for that crazy girl? Well I guess that's what you get when you're just a disposable one-dimensional plot device.

And congratulations, Yuu just unlocked Ayumi(imoto)'s route. Have fun.

Why are you so mad though? It's not like you're any better. Why not make your own anime then? Create one and put your "PERFECT" ideas and plot in the anime. Oh i'm SURE it will be great! Typical hater....get a life man. If you're gonna criticize something, don't be a kid and chill. Don't overexaggerate by saying that it's bullshit. Say it's bullshit only if you achieved something big in your life, if you haven't done anything worthy of praise and respect then shut up and just watch.
KinoAkiSep 5, 2015 6:13 PM
Sep 5, 2015 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
EpicCh33se said:
Nao talked about Yuu very "matter-of-factly", and got complimented by Shun. Poor Nao.

you also think Nao is obsessed by the brother of MC?

Not "obsessed," but rather smitten by what he's done that it's overtaken her mind and she believes that everything he does is right. I don't think "obsessed" is the right word because it means "preoccupying of the mind for a long period of time," whereas this is more like a characterized bias towards somebody.

Going by this, it doesn't matter if Shun is good or bad or manipulative, Nao would still be biased.
Sep 5, 2015 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
when rewrite will gain an anime
it's past time
;/

Oh man....i support this idea. Rewrite is awesome!
Sep 5, 2015 6:17 PM

Apr 2014
Wusabi said:
No opening :<
Ew, time-travel for someone to save is cliché
I want more NaoxYuu cute scenes ;_;

Why the heck are you even watching this? Go to your shoujo genre if you want cute romance.
Sep 5, 2015 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
TonyTheme said:
hellogarry said:
How come Yuu remember something that happened in the future?

That doesn't make any sense..
Only explanation right now is plot convenience (well, he was going to be told about it regardless) and bad writing. Maybe the show will explain it later. It would seemingly have to do with Sala's ability if she has one, but her being blind doesn't leave me confident in that.

Yeah i agree with you. It's too undetailed. I just hope everything will be settled by the end of this anime and not leave any plot holes.
Sep 5, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
Da_Harem_King said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
when rewrite will gain an anime
it's past time
;/

Rewrite is quite overdue for an anime. I'd say in about a year or two we can expect an anime. The longest gap between a Key visual novel and an anime was 5 years (Little Busters). Rewrite came out in 2011, so 2011 + 5 = 2016 (really horrible logic but let a guy dream xD )
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 5, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2010
Da_Harem_King said:
Why are you so mad though? It's not like you're any better. Why not make your own anime then? Create one and put your "PERFECT" ideas and plot in the anime. Oh i'm SURE it will be great! Typical hater....get a life man. If you're gonna criticize something, don't be a kid and chill. Don't overexaggerate by saying that it's bullshit. Say it's bullshit only if you achieved something big in your life, if you haven't done anything worthy of praise and respect then shut up and just watch.
That's the most fallacious line of reasoning you can use in response to criticism, and I expected you to be young when I saw it. You could've easily ignored that post, or actually countered what he was saying if you disagreed.
Sep 5, 2015 6:22 PM

Apr 2014
xkinn123 said:
I can't believe it.
This is not Maeda show.
THIS IS NOT MAEDA SHOW I USED TO KNOW.

All that MaedaFlags™ yet both Yuu and his brother can passed it easily?
I can't f*ckin believe it.

Well it's not like maeda will use the same trope again and again. That would be boring to watch, let him create new ideas and let's see if he will become successful with it. Kinda interesting imo
Sep 5, 2015 6:22 PM

Oct 2011
suikaMUSIC said:
Iritails said:

That's the question we are all asking, my friend. Next episode will have the answer. I bet it's some goddess or something. (Or maybe it's all the dead Ayumis from alternate timelines transcended into one being) Who am I kidding? :)

Nah. The pizza sauce is actually all of the dead Ayumis
Sep 5, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
Lohuydahutt said:
Well, 3 more episodes to see what the fuck else can go wrong both plot wise (and quality wise potentially.) I'm kind of wondering if that got resolved ridiculously easy because it was meant to be too easy or because the pacing's just bad. Guess we'll see.

I would like to think that it's something like "The Calm before the Storm"
Sep 5, 2015 6:24 PM

Apr 2014
Jerkhov said:
Why would he break the windows? What a fucking dumbass, he could have just knocked the the cutter out of her hands and that would have scared her enough. Now the association is gonna be after him or something.

Also Ghostbusters.

wtf

Cuz the plot demands it.
Sep 5, 2015 6:31 PM

Nov 2014
He saved her a pretty easily but great ep
Hi there
Sep 5, 2015 6:32 PM
Apr 2012
This episode was actually pretty good. I don't feel the flashback was executed terribly well (I didn't really get a feel for Shuunsuke's relationship with his siblings) but his dynamic with Kumagami was executed fine enough. It's also novel that schemes to change the past in a series featuring time travel actually work as intended (seeing Yuu demonstrate the various powers he'd plundered was pretty awesome).

Though, I'm a bit disappointed that we aren't going to get any elaboration on why the box cutter girl was nuts. Also, Shuunsuke's friends in the underground syndicate he created are still pretty bland. I'm holding out hope they're given more depth in these last three episodes. However, it seems pretty clear to me that Takajou and Yusarin have been shafted from future character development (which really irritates me because I wanted to see them get fully fleshed out).

On a more positive note, the series did a decent job of having Yuu and Nao rekindle their friendship from the timeline which has just been retconned without coming off as forced or too fast. I hope Nao continues to be a solid character to the end. Also, it's clear something's going to go terribly wrong with the plan: it's just been too easy so far.

Jun Maeda, you better surprise me.
Sep 5, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
Fodshello said:
hellogarry said:

Woah, that's good..but it's really hard to determine how his jump works.

Does he go to a parallel world which makes the previous one continue, or does everything resets. Time travel is pretty tricky and if I am not mistaken Yuu was shot to death.

But if his consciousness is the only one transferred then his power should not affect his eyes.

In charlotte I think they're taking the second choice which is resetting everything or "moving backwards in the same timeline" as shun hinted that his ability takes every scene and everything "as he rewinds to the past"

Then Yuu taking Shun's ability after the first jump is out of question.

I really think it have something to do with why Sala is blind.
Sep 5, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
Paulo27 said:
And the award for worse executed episode of the season goes to...

Really...? You'd go to that extent? Hmm....try watching Clasroom Crisis or Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan. Then let's see your reaction.
Sep 5, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
That worked out almost too well.
Good episode though, felt a bit rushed.
Sep 5, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2014
Tylaen said:
Lollo36 said:
It was shit.

But Lollo. You have an avatar representing a character In Charlotte.

Don't you have an obligation to say it's good?

I think he only likes Nao....not the show itself.
Sep 5, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
The episode as a whole felt SO satisfying to me. Really, seeing Yuu protect his little sister like that was pretty awesome, with his friends backing him up along the way. Although I was a little disappointed on no elaboration on the yandere girl's reason for becoming so crazy for a boy. But at this point, throwaway plot characters common in this series(e.g. Yumi, Espers of the Day). And as people have pointed out, we can expect this happy ending to go downhill from there, with perhaps the prediction of Shun being a sneaky bastard coming true and the significance of "Charlotte".

8/10. o u o
Sep 5, 2015 6:41 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was great, but what about Nao's brother reabilitation?
Only if Yuu meets Sala and spend a day with her again, but will they really show that again?...
Sep 5, 2015 6:55 PM

Apr 2011
Veldin461 said:
Only if Yuu meets Sala and spend a day with her again, but will they really show that again?...

We don't know for sure if things will go as well as before.

And Sala seems to be an ability user as well.
Sep 5, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
hellogarry said:
Veldin461 said:

We don't know for sure if things will go as well as before.

And Sala seems to be an ability user as well.

She most probably was an ability user, but as an adult she already lost it so I don't think she can do much. Let's see what role she'll have now...
Sep 5, 2015 7:04 PM
Aug 2012
This episode 10 is so similar to Madoka episode 10 and Charlotte is a witch in Madoka, is it a coincidence?
Sep 5, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
The nano desu returns.
Sep 5, 2015 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Da_Harem_King said:

It's been a while since i saw such a childish reasoning.

====

As for how things going on for Yuu :

Sep 5, 2015 7:32 PM
Jun 2015
Gilgamesh appeared in this episode

From my memory of Makoto Mobius(A depressing time travel game that's easy to download online)when someone who's died in one timeline lives in another, someone has to take their place as deceased.(An example when the mc kept this girl alive, his house burnt down killing his mother in one of the endings)

If Charlotte follows this logic, something's probably going to happen to someone.. Most likely Nao.

EDIT: Lol, I'm the only one with this theory and everyone else is saying "Well, that was easy"
JunkAccount101Sep 5, 2015 7:36 PM
Sep 5, 2015 7:39 PM
Jun 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
Da_Harem_King said:

Rewrite is quite overdue for an anime. I'd say in about a year or two we can expect an anime. The longest gap between a Key visual novel and an anime was 5 years (Little Busters). Rewrite came out in 2011, so 2011 + 5 = 2016 (really horrible logic but let a guy dream xD )

I need to complete Rewrite. I haven't even gotten to the routes yet... I haven't even met much of the girls yet actually. I'm up to the part where you bond with Shizuru.
Sep 5, 2015 7:39 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Finally, Ayumi once again. Miss that Nano Desu~

Yuu is gonna to go to Ayumi's route or what :>

That Yusarin disguise, of course she would be recognized right away, the only thing she did just wearing that uniform after all, should've been changing her hairstyle too at least, what was she thinking? =_=

Da_Harem_King said:
Paulo27 said:
And the award for worse executed episode of the season goes to...

Really...? You'd go to that extent? Hmm....try watching Clasroom Crisis or Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan. Then let's see your reaction.

It's futile, nothing of what you've said can change his mind about the show. He is a hater after all, better ignore him.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 5, 2015 7:42 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So, Yuu is pretty much OP now. And this episode felt again too rushed, so judging by the pace, there won't be a second cour?

It is disappointing that the anime now centers around Yuu and has tossed the rest of the characters aside. At least I expected more focus on Nao.
Sep 5, 2015 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
Them saving Ayumi operation has less impact than I expected to be, well at-least we can finally see Ayumi fine and well, for now. We've already have seen a lot shows that has similarity to Shunsuke's experience, so nothing new but him owning a school as his last resort is pretty funny idea.

Now that we can finally move on from 'Save the Imouto' part, We can now concentrate on the more important matter. Like, who/what is Charlotte? Will Sara be back and play a more important role ? and will a meteor shower plays a part in the final plot?
Sep 5, 2015 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
So this ep in a nutshell:

Quickload your way to victory.

The End.
Sep 5, 2015 8:04 PM

Oct 2007
Some of the posts in this thread are more hilarious to read than the comedy in this show.
Sep 5, 2015 8:09 PM
Jun 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Some of the posts in this thread are more hilarious to read than the comedy in this show.

That's usually the case.
Sep 5, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
I don't care what anyone says bad about Ayumi being saved. I"m just happy that the adorable little pizza sauce sister is back.
Sep 5, 2015 8:15 PM
Jun 2015
Magito said:
I don't care what anyone says bad about Ayumi being saved. I"m just happy that the adorable little pizza sauce sister is back.

Agreed! X3
But I know this is gonna have consequences(It might go by Makoto Mobius rules)
Sep 5, 2015 8:19 PM
Jun 2015
I actually think that something bad is going happen, since it was fairly easy for Yuu to save Ayumi from her death. Although I did notice something, that Shunsuke (Yuu and Ayumi's older brother) didn't get any minor to major consequences for him time traveling, to save everybody from those scientists, but he did got blinded because of his continuous time traveling. Although it's already a given (it's still going to happen cause that's the set back of that power). But still, I still have some thoughts that something bad will happen because of Yuu's time travel. Or maybe nothing bad will happen after him saving Ayumi.

But that's just my thoughts. How about yours?
Sep 5, 2015 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
sirwence said:

I recall a chat early on in the series that it was a 'battle between 'Main Characters' not to see who the most likable is but who the least hate-able was.'

That's just sad. Well at least you cannot hate Yusa because she has no personalities or characters.

Da_Harem_King said:

Your reasoning is as incompetent as your manner. Boy people nowadays who call others "kid" really don't see the irony, do they?
raveninthemuddleSep 5, 2015 8:25 PM
Sep 5, 2015 8:22 PM
Jun 2015
Sora_NGNL said:
I actually think that something bad is going happen, since it was fairly easy for Yuu to save Ayumi from her death. Although I did notice something, that Shunsuke (Yuu and Ayumi's older brother) didn't get any minor to major consequences for him time traveling, to save everybody from those scientists, but he did got blinded because of his continuous time traveling. Although it's already a given (it's still going to happen cause that's the set back of that power). But still, I still have some thoughts that something bad will happen because of Yuu's time travel. Or maybe nothing bad will happen after him saving Ayumi.

From my knowledge of time travel(Steins Gate and Makoto Mobius)if someone dies and you reset time and save them, another person will be sacrificed in that timeline to make up for the death count for that day. So basically, either Nao, Sala, Yuu or his brother are fucked next episode.
Sep 5, 2015 8:49 PM

Nov 2013
Sigh... Okay we know time -eap hasn't practically happened yet in real life. But I'm pretty sure this is the most bullshit time-leap I've ever seen in any medium.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 5, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2008
I thought something really bad was going to happen to the two of them after Ayumi was saved... like when they were walking down the street, a truck or something will crash into them (like in Ushinawareta Mirai)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 5, 2015 8:58 PM
Jun 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
raveninthemuddle said:

Your reasoning is as incompetent as your manner. Boy people nowadays who call others "kid" really don't see the irony, do they?

Who is in this image is Nao Tomori the pet of Shun?

Shots fired.
Sep 5, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 2015
I wonder if Yuu will still go through all that stuff he did with Nao, from meeting the singer to fixing up her brother. I thought that was a vital part to the show.
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Sep 5, 2015 9:25 PM
Aug 2015
Now i think about it. Everything changes Yuu probably wont meet Sala and help to recover kazuki and etc. Well this is a time paradox. There no way you can change the timeline that you want it to become. Lets see what Jun Maeda has in stored for us
Sep 5, 2015 9:29 PM
Aug 2015
JewellTH said:
Sora_NGNL said:

From my knowledge of time travel(Steins Gate and Makoto Mobius)if someone dies and you reset time and save them, another person will be sacrificed in that timeline to make up for the death count for that day. So basically, either Nao, Sala, Yuu or his brother are fucked next episode.
I know yuu will try his best to make himself the sacrifice but stopped by his brother or nao if your prediction is right
Sep 5, 2015 9:57 PM
Jun 2015
_AnimeLover__ said:
JewellTH said:

I know yuu will try his best to make himself the sacrifice but stopped by his brother or nao if your prediction is right

And then(Steins Gate spoilers):

or(Makoto Mobius spoilers):
JunkAccount101Sep 5, 2015 10:04 PM
Sep 5, 2015 9:59 PM

May 2015
yuu's power must have a downside somewhere and yeah the time paradox i get the feeling that he will somehow somewhere have to choose between nao and pizzagurl were in for some deep feels
Sep 5, 2015 10:00 PM
Dec 2014
I have a feeling things aren't ending here. (Duh there are more episodes)
Each episode has played some sort of significance in the future episodes, whether it was pointless or effective is another question.
The girl in EP 1 was reintroduced in EP 7, and the Telekinesis power was reintroduced as well, so I assume Flying will be reintroduced too. Not too sure about the Photograph thingy though.

Also what about Sala? She should come back in this new timeline, and something should happen between them.

Also, what happens when Yuu steals Time Leap from Shun then time leaps back to a time where Shun still has Time Leap? Will Shun have time leap in the current timeline where Ayumi is saved?

Overall this anime isn't perfect but I'm gonna overlook all it's flaws because it's so damn interesting (to me)
Sep 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:
stephenmac7 said:

One does not read the episode discussion before watching the episode :P

i do. i know if i'll watch a bad or good episode.
stop that

Sep 5, 2015 10:12 PM

Apr 2008
...something's gonna happen to Tomori isn't it....?
Sep 5, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2014
well, that solved literally the only conflict in this anime.

jesus, are they even trying at this point? i hope someone gets the ability to make this show better
Sep 5, 2015 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
IchiroEX said:
...something's gonna happen to Tomori isn't it....?

I hope so.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.