Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 3, 2015 11:27 PM

Apr 2012
God that was a waste of an episode. That was horrible lol

Sep 4, 2015 12:03 AM

Aug 2013
Thoroughly disappointed with this episode.

The moe shit has run itself stale at this point.

Even more fucking ridiculous that they did a pool episode with bikini's...yet the only girl WORTH SEEING IN A BIKINI got almost no screen time, and even then her screen time was barely fanservice-y. #Riineedsmorelove.

I don't want to see Yuki and Miki's fucking ironing board chests. Save that shit for the episode where they actually iron clothes. Give me tons of Rii's glorious bouncing tits if you're trying to sell fanservice.

That ending was creepy but kind of underwhelming too. From my understanding, that scene with her walking like that when they tease her face is also how she's presented as a zombie in the manga for the first time. That scene with her behind the door last week was anime original.

Had they not done the scene last week, and ended the episode this week as is, that shit would've been blowing people's fucking minds.

Weellllp, that ED change with Taro and Kurumi missing was the biggest deathflag spoiler ever. Shit wasn't even subtle. On top of that the preview at the end showed a scene where they were awake the next morning and Taro was still missing. #ggnore #ripinpieces.
Sep 4, 2015 12:26 AM

Jan 2015
Jonesy974 said:
That ending was creepy but kind of underwhelming too. From my understanding, that scene with her walking like that when they tease her face is also how she's presented as a zombie in the manga for the first time. That scene with her behind the door last week was anime original.

Yes, but in the manga Zombie-nee was presented in a creepier way
image, no spoiler

btw, is funny because she has long hair again

SASHIHARA said:
Still waiting for the

I think they won't adapt that arc at this point. Anime original ending maybe?
Sep 4, 2015 12:44 AM

Jul 2009
I swear to fucking god, if episode 12 ends with a cliff-hanger...

juicykitten95 said:
CookingPriest said:
Really can't see that. Just different perspective and approaches to the exact same things. Anime so far seems to focus a lot more on setting up the atmosphere these girls live in which is welcome addition for me at least and it has a top-notch directing and atmosphere.

*insert thank you gif here*
manga is boring and a lot less impactful compared to the anime bc for the mangas premise to work you need color,VAs and ost so the viewer can feel the atmosphere.In manga all the dark moments feel too sudden and completely out of place while lighthearted moments feel cheap.The anime was able to show the true value of the premise.
tldr: anime >>>>>> manga

and it was just one fan service episode get over it people -_-

people who need "music, color and VAs" to truly appreciate the brilliance of something are people with zero imagination.
bet you don't read books either
tl;dr manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime
LoveChildSep 4, 2015 1:31 AM

<3?

Sep 4, 2015 1:12 AM

Aug 2015
Zadion said:
SOOOOO CUUUUUTE. A man cannot handle this much moe in one episode.

lol @ all the people like "THIS ADAPTATION RUINED THE MANGA BY ADDING ALL THIS FILLER" as if the source material didn't have a ton of SoL too. If anything SoL is your definition of filler then you should probably fix your definition. Yeah, there is filler in this series, but it's in the same atmosphere as the SoL content of the manga, and honestly, it's better executed than the SoL content of the manga.

I am concerned about the decision to place a near full filler episode at this stage, though. They're gonna have a hard time adapting the content needed to adapt unless the next 3 eps don't have any anime-only content whatsoever. I mean, I really enjoyed this episode; it was cute as fuck and there was good development with Miki. But I didn't enjoy it enough I want the actual plot to be rushed just so it could exist.
Well I'm not against this kind of filler thing, it's just that they omitted some important scenes just to come up with this worthless filler which is kinda disappointing. And adapting 3 major arcs in just 3 eps. makes it kinda rushed now unless they may omitted the

DarklordVor said:
Sourire said:
this show is garbage

And yet you keep watching this show every week up to episode 9. Are you a masochist???

Shhhhhhhhh, why did you expose it
MizunashiSep 4, 2015 1:23 AM
Sep 4, 2015 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
Xenocrisi said:
bluepand4 said:
90% Filler episode, what a waste of great source material :(

Do Lerche really think that people really want those fillers instead continuation of the story?

Japanese people want fan service

My loins approve.

But yeah, breather scenes are needed every once in a while. Remember, this is a SoL as much as it's a horror/mystery work. Not gonna say it was the most spectacular way to go about it, but it was alright. The gun fight was pretty funny too.

Now then, I was wondering what happened to Megu. That grave mound looked a bit too small for a young adult's corpse to fit in, so I was thinking that, you know, she either got eaten to pieces by the other Zombies, or she just wandered off as they didn't feel up to putting her down.
Guess it was the latter.
Sep 4, 2015 1:30 AM

Jul 2013
Too much Fan service and very little plot =/

Going to give this episode 5/10 *sigh*
Sep 4, 2015 1:35 AM

Jul 2013
charlerw said:
Almost at the end of the show and we have a 20min ep with only the last minute with some plot... it's getting annoying, I could've watched something else.

waste of time/10

Agreed!! Was really looking forward to something actually happening this week too >.< Not cool!!!
Sep 4, 2015 2:56 AM

Jan 2015
soulpiper said:
charlerw said:
Almost at the end of the show and we have a 20min ep with only the last minute with some plot... it's getting annoying, I could've watched something else.

waste of time/10

Agreed!! Was really looking forward to something actually happening this week too >.< Not cool!!!

This was the only bad episode in the whole anime. only one bad episode =/= shit anime
Sep 4, 2015 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
LoveChild said:

people who need "music, color and VAs" to truly appreciate the brilliance of something are people with zero imagination.
tl;dr manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anime

y experience is greater with color,VAs and music GO FIGURE
its one thing to use your imagination when you read a book because the book is descriptive so you can imagine what the characters feel
but in the manga just adding scared impression after some cute moment without any dialogue or narrative isnt enough to leave big impression on me
some stuff simply work better with animation and some work better in manga form
dunno why you people feel offended just cuz anime is better,this anime is making the manga more popular so you should be rooting
Sep 4, 2015 3:00 AM
Sep 2015
Sep 4, 2015 3:06 AM

Jul 2011
lol @ all the butthurt manga purists.
Sep 4, 2015 3:06 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Xenocrisi said:

This was the only bad episode in the whole anime. only one bad episode =/= shit anime

I agree with you. This episodes felt somehow out of place. That does not mean the entire anime is shit.

I like the anime so far, but have not read the source material.
Sep 4, 2015 3:21 AM

Jul 2007
LoveChild said:

Its not about that stuff being there.
Its about that stuff being really well done.
Everything about Gakkou Gurashi's production, directing, ost and script-writing has been top-notch onpoint.
Sep 4, 2015 4:43 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty pool episode but next one, the real thing is coming !!
Sep 4, 2015 5:04 AM
Sep 2013
There were sure a lot of boob shots. But I didn't really mind this episode, at least the girls have one more instance of happiness before you know what happens.
Sep 4, 2015 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
Yep there is was.. the inevitably beach/pool, shower episode, and it lasted 90 percent of the episode .-.
I will say though that it was good to see Taromaru become close to Miki again :3

It looks like they're going to get into a tough situation with their beloved teacher next time.
Sep 4, 2015 5:29 AM

Feb 2014
dunno why almost all people hate this anime SoL parts.

just to make all haters realize
"the SoL part purpose is to make us attached to the character. if next episode someone or something will die, if there's no SoL parts before, we will not sad or bother it. but now?"

in HoTD, many people besides the main chara died but we dont feel anything right? compare with Kei, with 1 episode of SoL with Miki, we will bothered and sad even it's just a little.

dont underestimate the power of SoL. lol
Sep 4, 2015 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
A lovely expression, Megu-zombie-nee... At least the next episode will be interesting.

Yuuri's rack saved the episode, though.
Sep 4, 2015 6:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@veline: I do not hate the SoL parts from Gakkou Gurashi, but the last episode did feel somehow out of place. I mean the episode before they have figured out that there is something wrong with the school they are living in. And after that event they play in an pool like nothing did happen before.
Sep 4, 2015 7:18 AM
Dec 2009
veline said:

"the SoL part purpose is to make us attached to the character. if next episode someone or something will die, if there's no SoL parts before, we will not sad or bother it. but now?"

in HoTD, many people besides the main chara died but we dont feel anything right? compare with Kei, with 1 episode of SoL with Miki, we will bothered and sad even it's just a little.

Good point. However, Kei & Miki 's SoL moment was just a little at the beginning. They lived stressfully most of the time before Kei left. Maybe it is the anime 's good portrayal of Kei that make viewers have a feeling for her.
Sep 4, 2015 7:22 AM

Oct 2014
This was just BS. Show went from a twisted survival story to a SoL with Zombies with fanservice and filler. I just don't see how the show will adapt future chapters without ruining the pacing.

Also it was slightly strange that the show reverted to the old ED instead of the newer one.
SanaeK10Sep 4, 2015 7:43 AM
Sep 4, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2007
Cyanwasserstoff said:
@veline: I do not hate the SoL parts from Gakkou Gurashi, but the last episode did feel somehow out of place. I mean the episode before they have figured out that there is something wrong with the school they are living in. And after that event they play in an pool like nothing did happen before.

Yeah, no. That's how human psyche works. Its not like they put it aside. They still talked about it but they tried to escape from what they learned. Its only fitting.

CobraStarship said:
veline said:

Good point. However, Kei & Miki 's SoL moment was just a little at the beginning. They lived stressfully most of the time before Kei left. Maybe it is the anime 's good portrayal of Kei that make viewers have a feeling for her.

Not really. They did a very good job at showing different atmosphere between the two groups.
Sep 4, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
i know that megu-nee wasn't just an ordinary teacher and i feel some event has been skipped but i'm still confused of what is going on.

That's all i can say and i don't give a damn thing about moe thing anymore from this anime because of the story. just can't wait for what will happen next
Sep 4, 2015 9:48 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
eh, judging by how this adaption is wasting 95% of one of the last episodes with fillers, i might just read the manga before finishing the anime..
Sep 4, 2015 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
Ok sure, this ONE episode was bad. But apparently that means the whole thing is awful now. The production on all episodes prior have been very good, and if you ask me, I'm glad the anime isn't completely faithful to the manga. It makes the viewing experience more than just an adaptation of a manga; it makes the anime more of it's own entity. And if you aren't a diehard manga purist, then these changes won't make much of a difference to you.

That being said, if the next episode doesn't get more grittier, than I am gonna be dissapoint. Also an s2 would be nice.
Sep 4, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2009
juicykitten95 said:
dunno why you people feel offended just cuz anime is better,this anime is making the manga more popular so you should be rooting

1. not offended
2. from what i gathered, the anime isn't selling that well in japan, esp compared to the manga. it's that much better..

i've said before, i love the manga million times better, but i still enjoy the anime
i just feel it makes some poor decisions at times and this entire episode felt like the poorest decision made yet.
it's definitely gonna make my final score for the anime drop by 1
Cyanwasserstoff said:

basically all of this.

CookingPriest said:
Everything about Gakkou Gurashi's production, directing, ost and script-writing has been top-notch onpoint.

everything?
really?!
LoveChildSep 4, 2015 10:24 AM

<3?

Sep 4, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
LoveChild said:

CookingPriest said:

everything?
really?!

When it comes to the atmosphere, horror parts and thriller scenes, the Anime wins 100-0 against the manga. And the OST is really Top-notch.
-------------------------------------------------------

That's why ecchi sells so well in japan. Followers 1 day after the 9th episode has aired. Gakkou Gurashi 1st. one
Sasuga Nihon
not that this episode was horrible

------------------------------------------------

Oh, btw, a lot of bad reviews for Gakkou Gurashi these days.
Sasuga MAL
XenocrisiSep 4, 2015 10:37 AM
Sep 4, 2015 11:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So it gained massive followers after this episode? Well.
Sep 4, 2015 11:35 AM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:

what did you expect from japan
Sep 4, 2015 12:11 PM
Sep 2009
Xenocrisi said:

This was not the only bad episode. Overall lack of proper plot content is appalling throughout the series. Very very bad script.

Xenocrisi said:
When it comes to the atmosphere, horror parts and thriller scenes, the Anime wins 100-0 against the manga.

Nope, not really. It doesn't even compare to proper horror stuff.

Xenocrisi said:
Sasuga MAL

Absolutely deserved.
Sep 4, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
EvilDragon said:
Xenocrisi said:

This was not the only bad episode. Overall lack of proper plot content is appalling throughout the series. Very very bad script.

Xenocrisi said:
When it comes to the atmosphere, horror parts and thriller scenes, the Anime wins 100-0 against the manga.

Nope, not really. It doesn't even compare to proper horror stuff.

Xenocrisi said:
Sasuga MAL

Absolutely deserved.

Sasuga Haters
Sep 4, 2015 2:00 PM
Sep 2009
Xenocrisi said:
Sasuga Haters

Nope, just using common sense.

There are MUCH better horror/psycho animes out there. Like Higurashi, which I see you gave 10 to (quite well deserved, then again I see you're quite abundant with your 10s to some animes quite objectively don't deserve them at all). On the contrary, Gakkou Gurashi simply doesn't deserve nearly the same grade since it's on a much lower level in almost every important plot-related aspect.
Sep 4, 2015 4:13 PM

Jan 2015
EvilDragon said:
Xenocrisi said:
Sasuga Haters

Nope, just using common sense.

There are MUCH better horror/psycho animes out there. Like Higurashi, which I see you gave 10 to (quite well deserved, then again I see you're quite abundant with your 10s to some animes quite objectively don't deserve them at all). On the contrary, Gakkou Gurashi simply doesn't deserve nearly the same grade since it's on a much lower level in almost every important plot-related aspect.

I overrate everything pretty much, so the 10 are not 100% 10. In any case
Gakkou Gurashi deserves an 8 IMO but since the last episode should be the crème of the crème i gave a 10 because i trust nitroplus.
Sep 4, 2015 5:17 PM

Jul 2014
OH FUCK THAT ENDING THOUGH.
Sep 4, 2015 6:21 PM

Dec 2014
well, it wasn't a completely wasted episode i suppose
Sep 4, 2015 7:54 PM

Nov 2012
The pool stuff shouldn't have taken the whole episode while leaving the last minute to put in a cliffhanger. The boobies though make it a 5/5 episode.
Sep 4, 2015 8:04 PM

Jun 2015
Stop complaining that nothing happened, this is obviously a deathflag episode, they're trying to get us attached to taroumaru before they kill him.

And why is kurumi not part of the last scene in the ending???

Does it mean what I think it means??
Sep 4, 2015 10:10 PM

Aug 2015
LoveChild said:

i've said before, i love the manga million times better, but i still enjoy the anime
i just feel it makes some poor decisions at times and this entire episode felt like the poorest decision made yet.

I agree with this statement.
Gakkou Gurashi is still my favorite anime this year and I'll still be recommending it to all my friends to watch.
The music and atmosphere are still perfect and all the reveals in past episodes of Yuki's delusions where artful and I love how engaging the show has been with all the little clues and changes in the op and endings. Even the main webpage for this show is changing and that's the part of the anime that I like over the manga.

Now putting all that aside (for me anyway) the manga was still better because it didn't even need all that stuff to keep me hooked. It was able to put me on the edge of my seat in tense moments or feel sad for the characters when bad things happened to them. Every page flowed together nicely and the story always felt like it was progressing forward especially when Miki joined the crew.

This is where the anime has faltered and has irritated some of the manga readers. The flash back episodes (meant to make up for Miki's early presence) left a lot of people confused as to what order the shows suppose to be in. We've had to explain it a few times on these forums (I think a thread was made for it too) what order the episodes should have been in. It was an interesting change but since it just confused the non-manga readers it did more harm then good in my opinion.

And then there's this episode, episode 9. It wasn't a bad episode but let's be honest here. When people tuned in to watch episode 9 I'm willing to bet the majority of people wanted to find out what's going on with the school. With this turning out to be 90% fan service episode I would be lying if I said it didn't leave me feeling unsatisfied like it seems to have done many.
The scene with Miki and Taromaru making up is probably the only part that I understand being there, and admittedly I did enjoy the water gun flight and seeing more of Rii's fun personality along with her having the title of "Balloon Bomb Sorceress".
The ending with Megu-nee and then the change in the ending credits was also a nice touch with foreshadow and it's those reasons that I gave this episode a 3/5.

I think the thing that irks me the most this episode is just knowing that it was probably done purely to make more sales for the anime. With what few episodes we have left I'm starting to feel a little anxious on how they're going to end this. Honestly though I'd be okay with an anime original ending, so long as it doesn't feel rush and is done well.
IncubusknightSep 4, 2015 10:15 PM
Sep 5, 2015 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
That was a pretty chill episode by the pool. That bit at the end however, Holy Shit!!! It’s Megu-nee!!!
Sep 5, 2015 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
Ok so it was a filler episode ... I'm a little disapointed because I want to see the story progress.
The fanservice was good, the girls are very cute in swimsuits. The best part was the pistol fight and the 2 seconds with Megu-nee.
Sep 5, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Smudy said:

and MAL elitist say "pointless episode"
lol
if you guys want moar of school life manga or anime then shit needs to sell first
Sep 5, 2015 2:20 AM

May 2011
juicykitten95 said:
Xenocrisi said:

and MAL elitist say "pointless episode"
lol
if you guys want moar of school life manga or anime then shit needs to sell first

Followers =/= Buyers

And the manga already get massive boost in sales since episode 1 aired,

though i hope the anime will also get boost (if pool/beach/onsen episode is really what needed in anime to boost sales)
Sep 5, 2015 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder what would have happened if they threw the Frisbee off the roof....

It was a good show, and the end was great foreshadowing for what's to come next week.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2015 3:24 AM

Feb 2008

so many feels..
Sep 5, 2015 3:25 AM

May 2015
the final battle vs megu-nee on next week huh, well just said
Sep 5, 2015 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
HiImJay7 said:

And why is kurumi not part of the last scene in the ending???

Does it mean what I think it means??

Or maybe only for dog.
Sep 5, 2015 12:17 PM

Jan 2011
Well....
Taroumaru most likely will be killed/bitten by zombie-nee.

Spoiler for anime watcher only

I agree that this episode is wasting time a bit too much, but there's purpose, so I cant really complain. The anime did better for Miki's character, imo.
Sep 5, 2015 3:32 PM
Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
Hmm... I supposed you can call this episode as one of those &quot;beach episode&quot;.

Nice build up within the team, where Miki is still getting along with each other. They mentioned about the possiblity of Megu-nee hiding the secret of the bio-weapon. And Taroumaru seems to get along really well with Miki.

The getting along of Taroumaru and Miki seems suspicious... especially after that ending scene... I think they're gonna kill Taroumaru, to make Miki sad... damn it.

Then... oh my... as if Zombie-nee coming to the gang is not shocking enough. They HAVE to remove Kurumi from the ED song.... DEATHFLAG!!!! *cries*

In fact
Sep 5, 2015 9:07 PM

Apr 2007
Overall I like this anime and I'll most likely check out the manga, but I'm not sure how they'll manage to wrap it up in 3 episodes while avoiding a "rushed ending" a la Dungeon. Anyway the first few plot twists were pretty mind blowing so I'll give them benefit of the doubt. But this filler episode was pretty lame.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.