Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 9, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Lisa what? I feel bad for her. I need to buy that song used
Sep 12, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2013
so Alisa has ptsd
Sep 14, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
Some of the moments in this episode are pretty good, but there's also so much bullshit going on at the same time that it's hard to take this show seriously.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 14, 2015 8:07 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Gotta give the little girl some props.
Oct 2, 2015 8:35 PM

May 2013
Lenka manned up and saved Alisa so many times. I ship it!
Damn Lindow's here to show Lenka how to be a manlier man.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 22, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
Paulo27 said:
I thought Alisa died here... nope, just animation error.

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed that.

Little bonding episode. Slight character development.

Wonder what they are going to do about the dead god arc
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
KamiCity said:
AikaKateshiki said:
This episode was a huge disappointment for me. It was progressing really slowly and the character's actions were annoying.

I understand that witnessing her parents' death has traumatized Alisa, leading her to having breakdowns like this, but after all those years shouldn't they have countered this problem of hers?

I was really annoyed by the typical "damsel in distress" situation, at this point it's really repetitive and unoriginal.

I'll just say.... remember the pills she munched down on.

Also being able to walk after a huge injury isn't impossible, nor rare. The adrenaline and instinct to survive kick in. Which is why lenka was able to at least make it to the room before passing out.

Plus it's not like god eaters are normal humans, the aragami cells injected into them do play a part.

Overall I can't get behind you using your subjective opinion to say something is bad quality. "I didn't like it" does not equal "bad quality"

People's ignorance makes me laugh, PTSD isn't like the cold, it's not something you can just cure. It's something you can only manage, for those of you how don't understand it.

"However, treatments for PTSD will never take away the fact that a traumatic event occurred. Treatments for PTSD cannot erase your memory of those events. Consequently, although you may no longer experience frequent intrusive thoughts or memories of a traumatic event, there may be times in which certain places, situations, or people trigger memories or thoughts of the traumatic event." Taken from about health.com.

I think that seeing the beast that killed your parent's would probably fall under a trigger memory just saying. Without medication to help Alisa control he PTSD you could easily understand why she was a train wreck.

Now for the people who are like use Alisa's God eater she just covered minutes before that using a God Eater not your own will devour you.

Now with my rant for the ignorant people out of the way, loved seeing Alisa's back story an am definitely rooting for Lanka X Alisa. Not a bad episode 4/5 and I am enjoying this series more than others.
QcK_Dagger_HeaTOct 26, 2015 12:23 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 7, 2015 2:57 PM
Oct 2015
The Story may be bad but the Animation and Action Scenes make up for it.
Nov 26, 2015 12:17 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
TheMika said:
Paulo27 said:
I thought Alisa died here... nope, just animation error.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, how could i miss this?!

Saw that and was very confused throughout the ending... but I guess before that Alisa was crouched there (when Commander came and killed the bad guys ((PS: How convenient) ...but literally thought she was dead until I read these comments-- literally was flipping out because main character immunity.
Mar 14, 2016 12:26 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Alisa has that typical, cliche backstory, which was expected. All dat PTSD tho.

3/5
Apr 10, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
How is lenka still alive after he had a giant a** claw all the way through them middle of his stomach
Apr 16, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
Alisa looked cute during that moment
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 25, 2016 4:58 PM
Mar 2016
This episode really showed that the human race is having to endure so much and in my opinion that really made this episode intriguing.
May 26, 2016 7:17 AM
May 2016
I was sad how made of glass Alisa came off compared to Lenka after looking so cool in her intro, Lenka got a huge claw through his body and was still able to carry her, hold on to his God Arc, AND resuscitate her later while she passes out after making a crappy token shot, then is unconscious for so long and almost dies lol.
gluttonMay 26, 2016 7:21 AM
May 26, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2012
Damn that backstory was brutal! Let's see what's next!
Jul 28, 2016 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
I don't remember seeing ogretails feasting on humans in the game. This is really darker.
Feb 8, 2017 12:43 AM

Apr 2015
I feel like this has been the best episode by far.

There's story that drives forwards and not too much over-the-top cheesy action. It really feels like a well planned episode.

Alisa's PTSD is a little too real. She had to see her parents die in front of her during a game of hide-and-seek. I can only imagine how that had to feel for her.
Feb 24, 2017 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Lucky Lenka pressing his head on Alisa's oppai. DAT UNDER OPPAI! Lucky Lenka gets to repeatedly press on Alisa's oppai with his hands with her visible nipple between his fingers.

Seeing Alisa's parents die gets me every time.

Rindou with the save.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 24, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2015
This episode was a nice time for Lenka and Alisa to bond and get to know each other better. So it seems those pills were for supressing PTSD memories/flashbacks. I think its interesting. But that parent death was brutal. If it was just them getting eaten then Ive seen that before tons but just the fact the mother was hanging by the horn, that was gruesome.

But I can guarentee you theres gonna be someone who gets triggered over that comment about it being a man's job to protect. The second he said it I was like "Haha, that one wont age well with people being triggered by anything these days"

This series is like Carol and Tuesday for me with the amount of music its giving us. Im really surprised they have this many tracks.

Yeah Im glad Lenka at least fell over during that building scene cause damn that guy was slashed severely and stabbed in the chest. It would be weird af if he was just ok. Then again after a little bandaging he was fine anyway.

I love these kinds of apocalyptic settings like Code Vein. Dont know why, I just love them. Im enjoying this series so far.

Alisa is cute. Its interesting to see a flaw and her cowering at the beginning with her thumb was cute as weird as that sounds to them being in a life threatening situation lol.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2021 2:33 PM
Oct 2019
this was dumb. other than finding out specifically why new type girl had psych issues, this was otherwise a wasted episode

a whole sequence where they're just running around and hiding, fast forwarding here and there, no talking, nothing achieved, blah blah blah. then when they do find her toy, she yells "i found it" like a moron and attracts all the gojira. and when they inevitably pounce right on her, she freezes up like a bitch, and new type guy just stands there like an asshole willing to be sacrificed for NO PURPOSE. it's not like it was going to save the girl. he was just fucking stupid

scientist lady tells the liar scientist he's a good man? no. lying about your research doesn't make you a good man. and for the gojira being such a new and serious threat, only having 3 scientists working on it sure sounds like a plan to fail

really underwhelming episode
Jul 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
The fact that they're still alive is ''plot armor'' lvl 100. Well they're the maincharacters so even if they lose half of their bodies, they'll move and live. Well, thanks to the captain, they're saved. And the flashbacks from Alisa were quite scary, well we know the reason why she wants to kill that black vjar.

The flashbacks on the researches are quit interesting.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.