Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was entertaining, a riding duel featuring Shinji. The duel had a fast pace and his deck focuses on synchro summoning. Really liked his determination and pride of dueling though.

His opponent's ninjas have decent consistency I guess and some of them have decent def. The ninja is pretty fun to watch as well. Overall, decent duel. However, it looks like it's Shinji that got the right cards in the end. What a nice synchro effect that uses previous cards from the its materials.

Aug 9, 2015 7:11 AM

Apr 2014
now we know how ninja otk mieru ;) i hope common will be rebellion over the place and obelisk force start invasion during chaos.
Aug 9, 2015 8:29 AM
Aug 2014
Seems like the Lancers lose one again. But this time on purpose. Tsukikage shows that the Tribute Summoned monsters can still be relevant. Wasn't expecting him to spam Action Cards like crazy!

Shinji is trying to rile up the commons to fight against the tops. I feel like some riots will start to happen later on.
His B-Force deck seems strong. Wasn't expecting a level 12 Monster!

I feel like the council will probably see the Lancers as weak at this point, since they lost every game so far. But who knows what will happen next?
Aug 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
Now this is how you use Action Cards. Yuya needs to learn from the ninja. The new Synchro was nice, but for a Level 12 it seemed kinda lackluster. And what's with all those piercing effects lately? First it was Kusanagi and now this. And for some reason, I'm getting the feeling that Reiji plans a revolt against the Tops by using the Commons.
Aug 9, 2015 10:10 PM
Jun 2011
this was good dual and i cant wait for yuzu dual next episode to see if she will use different diva cards
Aug 10, 2015 5:52 AM

Jun 2010
Damn, Shinji is rocking the "rebellion" motif much better than Yuuto or Kurosaki
Aug 11, 2015 2:20 AM
May 2015
Three defeats for Lancers in a row. I think they should let people of synchro dimension defend their own selves.
Aug 11, 2015 3:50 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
This was one hilarious episode. The trash talk between Shinji and Tsukikage (mainly coming from Shinji) was soooo bad and Shinji was fixated on Commons sooooo much and poor Tsukikage had nothing to do with them. Shinji even turned out to be a better rebel than Kurosaki. I don't wonder how the Commons accepted their fate of being poor though. Judging from their dumbstruck face and same words at the same time when Shinji was talking, they seemed like a brainwashed mass. It makes sense they never did anything against the Tops.

Also, laughed with the "ninjutsu dueling". Of course, there is a wide variety and all and I shouldn't be surprised but just... I can't help it xD "I'm a ninja (in a future that ninjas shouldn't even exist anymore) so I HAVE to find cards that sound ninja-ish! Ohhh a shuriken card!" And it's even more ridiculous to have a ninjutsu dueling on a dreaking motorcycle xD And how does everyone from Yuuya's dimension know how to ride one? When I rode a bicycle for the first time, I fell many times. How do they become experts?

Last but not least, Layra and his non existent personality sound like a shoujo girl, meaning he makes conclusions from random comments that he shouldn't have paid attention. Reiji sent Tsukikage instead of him? He doesn't trust him. He spoke well of Tsukikage? He likes him more than him. Like, how? Inb4 he turns 100% psycho out of his Reiji love.

Ah, fun :')
Aug 11, 2015 4:20 AM

May 2009
That episode was okay. I liked the level 12 syncho. Shinji felt like a rushed product of Yusei. That low-key clear mind lol jk. That shadow behind the head of the securities looks like he could be a remnant from the Dark Signers. We shall see what the next episode has in store. I'm guessing Yuzu will win. I feel like she has to.
Aug 11, 2015 4:35 AM
Aug 2015
Good episode.
The duel was kinda meh, but Shinji riling up the crowd was really entertaining, and that twist when Tsukikage lost ON PURPOSE and Reiji goes "All according to plan" XD

Shinji's kind of annoying actually... he's trying to start a riot even though according to Jean Michael Security could have easily subdued the whole crowd, and he's trash talking Tsukikage even though he's got nothing to do with anything.

But here's an idea: What if Academia gets the Commons to support them by promising to be better rulers than the Tops? They can hardly be any worse, and it would be way more interesting than having the Tops and Commons suddenly make peace after Academia's attack. Tops need to get their just desserts.

What do you guys think?
Aug 11, 2015 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good duel!
Shinji got on my nerves really quick, trying to rile up the "TRUE COMMONS' and using Tsukikage as an example for the Tops when HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.- even insulting his brother and clan! Seriously! At least Crow respected his opponent, when he wasn't going "THE KIDS!!!! THE KIDS!!!!" And from the looks of it, next week is going to be the same until Yuzu gets these stupid boys to show some sense. Don't even get me started on Yandere Reira...
Looking forward to the next match, as well as the truth behind Jean and the cyborg dude. And Tsukikage leading another prison break, lol.
Aug 11, 2015 8:32 AM

Feb 2012
I'll be frank. I didn't like this episode at all.

The duel itself was fine, but Shinji irritated me. And Reira needs to grow up. So someone who gave you a donut is more important than someone who fucking saved you from being arrested. Okay.

And when will the Lancers get a fucking meaningful victory? All they've been doing since they got to the Synchro dimension is losing. Why not just leave Synchro to defend itself, since it seems to be stronger than you.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 11, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2008
intense duel
was hoping Tsukikage would win, he was so awesome in this duel.
Reira was pissing me off with hoping he would lose
fuccking brat

Shinji getting them hyped was fine but dissing the other part of the audience was really unnecessry

EHero09 said:

The duel itself was fine, but Shinji irritated me. And Reira needs to grow up. So someone who gave you a donut is more important than someone who fucking saved you from being arrested. Okay.

Nah Reira cared about his brother possiibly seeing Tsukikage as bettter than him, which is also an annoying reason

Aug 11, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Intense Ninja duel
Aug 12, 2015 12:13 AM

Oct 2014
EHero09 said:
And when will the Lancers get a fucking meaningful victory? All they've been doing since they got to the Synchro dimension is losing. Why not just leave Synchro to defend itself, since it seems to be stronger than you.

What do you expect when the lancers without plot armor duel first? Although, Gongenzaka totally deserved to win, but that's another matter.
Aug 12, 2015 2:18 AM

Aug 2014
Good job Reiji, 3 Lancers lost 3 times in a row. The 3rd one lost to Shinji no less. I know Tsukikage lost on purpose but still...
I thought this tournament is to show the powers and skills of the Lancers?
Synchro dimension duelist seems superior now..
Aug 12, 2015 4:39 AM

Oct 2011
The most entertaining episode since Yuya vs Reiji

Aug 12, 2015 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
EHero09 said:

Yuzu (I REFUSE to call her ZUZU) will beat Chojiro, Selena will beat Tony, and Yuya will beat Duel Chaser 227. then Sawatari will either lose to Yugo, or Fusion will invade.
Aug 12, 2015 8:04 AM

Jun 2010
Man, I thought this duel was going to be more or less, but who would've thought Shinji would provoke the people like that.

Definitely up for the Yuzu duel. Haven't seen her in action for some time now.

Aug 12, 2015 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
Bill_the_Cat said:
EHero09 said:

Yuzu (I REFUSE to call her ZUZU) will beat Chojiro, Selena will beat Tony, and Yuya will beat Duel Chaser 227. then Sawatari will either lose to Yugo, or Fusion will invade.

I honestly don't see Yuzu as a proper Lancer, purely because she wasn't in Standard when the Battle Royale ended, and thus wasn't around to be properly equipped by Reiji. Also, I kinda want to see Tokumatsu as a Lancer, but that might just be me. :x Hoping Reiji will recruit him when Fusion invades and the Lancers break the Commons free from the forced labour.

I want Selena to use some new cards, but people have been saying that the episode is mainly on Jack's background, which will probably mean the same four-card combo from her, AGAIN. I've just given up on Sawatari completely. He's never going to get a win.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Aug 12, 2015 9:35 AM
Sep 2012
Okay the Lancers losing streak continues and it is all according to plan. If you count the exhibition match, 0-3.

Anyway I don't know what to make of this duel, did Tsukikage lose on purpose? Anyway Shinji is trying to start a revolution, we are on the verge of a riot. And I told you Jean was planning a quo, a all riot is what he wants.

I don't think Yuya wants an all out war, but I sympathize with Shinji and the commons, it would help if we could have one Top that is good likable person, this series could use a Tops protagonist, like those twins Leo and Ruka. Anyway Security is about to take over and Shinji is a pawn in all that.

Anyway, next episode Yuzu duels. And though not part of the Lancers, she could at least be the first standard person to win a duel in this tournament.
Aug 12, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2013
I think Shinji has become the very thing he hates. He may not be rich or live in the high society, but he looks down on those that are not commons and acts as though you have to be a certain way to be a true common. Also, it feels more like he's doing and saying all this out of a personal vendetta than it is he wants the commons to unite and have a better future.
Aug 12, 2015 10:39 PM
Jun 2011
EHero09 said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

I honestly don't see Yuzu as a proper Lancer, purely because she wasn't in Standard when the Battle Royale ended, and thus wasn't around to be properly equipped by Reiji. Also, I kinda want to see Tokumatsu as a Lancer, but that might just be me. :x Hoping Reiji will recruit him when Fusion invades and the Lancers break the Commons free from the forced labour.

I want Selena to use some new cards, but people have been saying that the episode is mainly on Jack's background, which will probably mean the same four-card combo from her, AGAIN. I've just given up on Sawatari completely. He's never going to get a win.
EHero09 said:
Bill_the_Cat said:

i think yuzu will win in this dual even if she not lancer
Aug 13, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
elior1 said:

I agree. We've seen Enjoy Choujiro. There is simply no reason for him to win now, unless the plot idea is for the Tops to not trust the Lancers OR the Commons duelists to defend them from Fusion.
Aug 13, 2015 10:41 AM
Jun 2011
Bill_the_Cat said:
elior1 said:

I agree. We've seen Enjoy Choujiro. There is simply no reason for him to win now, unless the plot idea is for the Tops to not trust the Lancers OR the Commons duelists to defend them from Fusion.
also beside her dual with dennis she won all her duals so far so i dont think she will lose for that reason as well
Aug 16, 2015 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty cool duel.
Managed to get the crowd going with him.
Sep 27, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2014
One of the best duels of the series. Took two characters we haven't gotten very good glimpses at yet and gave them both the spotlight in an intense, fast-paced way. Not to mention the hype levels were skyrocketing from minute 1 with the way the soundtrack was pulsing and the duel was initiated. Also, that leap Shinji made with the runner was unexpected and awesome.
zacrathedemon5Sep 27, 2015 11:44 PM
Oct 22, 2015 7:20 PM

Apr 2007
Damn Shinji was really annoying. His views are justified, but the way he attacked Tsukikage no matter what he said was a bit much.

At least the duel was good.
Mar 20, 2016 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
The riding duels continue to look like shit, but the duel was great. Tsukikage is badass. I thought Shinji was going to lose, but he's more important than I thought(thought he was some irrelevant Yusei substitute). I disliked how he kept putting his troubles on Tsukikage when he's not even from Tops or from this dimension.

Seriously can't believe CG is the future. Yes, I watched 5D's and Zexal, and while I disliked it a bit, Arc-V is making me have some strong feelings toward it, especially during riding duels.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 11, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2016
Looks like watching yu-gi-oh in 2020 does pay off after all, didn't expect this series to be so good so far, I would even say it might be better than 5D's at this point. The duel was great, the poor ninja tho acting as a scapegoat for Shinji's plan to spark a revolution. And hell Layra cheering for ninja to lose was funny as hell to me, imagine if layra actually had to fight against Shinji, would be brutal as hell as I don't think Shinji would change his speech much at all even with a child. The worried crowd was also something to behold, imagine being stuck in there as one of the tops with 99% of the audience cheering for your downfall, pretty damn scary.
Jul 4, 2022 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
Reira: I don't want to fight.
Reiji: Ok. Tsukikage, you fight instead.
Reira: Nii-sama, do you not trust me? Why did you let him fight instead of me?
Reiji (probably): WTF? Are you high, kid?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.