Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, they're not kidding around with the action this episode.

I felt bad for Gakushou though since she kinda lost her mind. But seriously, the action was all over the place and bullets raining down everywhere. I don't think Lou is to be trusted at all though.

I think they are also bringing out the big guns like the golems to the show.

Aug 6, 2015 8:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was probably my least favorite episode so far tbh but it was decent

Felt really sad to see Gakusho die considering that I was holding on to the hope that somehow Ibuki would have been able to save her TwT

The action scenes could have been a lot better too so I was kind of disappointed there but I liked the focus and explanations on the Returned Ones as well as all the sneaky stuff with Lou (I can honestly see her dying at the end of this because of her devious acts lol)

Next week should hopefully be better since now they're up against Izun as well as because it seems like it'll be a Swallow centered episode and that he'll use his new weapon
Aug 6, 2015 8:39 AM

Jan 2012
Gakusho added to the lineup last week just to be Xed out this week. :D Of the over 25 shows I'm watching this season this is the most difficult to get through each week. The only thing I'm looking forward to at this point, besides this ending, is seeing if Lou gets the comeuppance she so richly deserves.
Aug 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Gakusho!!! T-T

Aug 6, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
animefan8800 said:
Gakusho added to the lineup last week just to be Xed out this week. :D Of the over 25 shows I'm watching this season this is the most difficult to get through each week. The only thing I'm looking forward to at this point, besides this ending, is seeing if Lou gets the comeuppance she so richly deserves.

I agree m8, this is the only show this season that I really 'skip' through.

I thought the fight scene was pretty underwhelming.

Also, rip giant 3D elephants.

Aug 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2013
3 out of 5: It was OK

Red dragon's claw probably saved that guys will or something.
Aug 6, 2015 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
I hate how my brain has this made up rule to never drop a show. This anime is super boring. But it's only 20 minutes a week so I'll live.
Aug 6, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Given how stupid this show is, that claw in the giant's body will almost certainly be a deus-ex-machina to allow him to be revived, especially considering how strongly they emphasised the fact that Returned Ones cannot be revived. Also, I'm getting sick and tired of Lou being able to survive and no one being even remotely suspicious of her just for the sheer convenience of the plot. No sane person would be totally blind to how untrustworthy she is. Also, wake me up when Sweallow gets an actual personality. He's as dull as boring a character as I have ever seen and has no personality whatsoever. It just screams lazy writing.
Aug 6, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
Too many convenient plot armor moments mixed with too many cliché annoying character tropes.

So the Revolutionary Army just HAPPENS to have snuck into Gakusho's ever-changing barrier, just HAPPENED not to run into her zombie underlings that came in from ALL SIDES, and just HAPPENED not to come out for the entire fight, even when their oh-so-important Future King Ibuki is being attacked, to CONVENIENTLY appear at the last moment to Sever Gakusho's head when she was just CONVENIENTLY standing there for no reason, when Ibuki just HAPPENED to figure a way to kill off the poor dead woman's killer, who just HAPPENED to get off completely scoot free after killing off the scout from D'Natia, when said spy specifically reported that Lou was acting suspiciously murderous towards them, just because of a lack of evidence (apparently a dead/missing soldiers words can't be taken seriously).

But nope, they just chalk off the missing spy's words as nothing, and still keep Lou with them everywhere they go. No need for precautions or any preventative measures, just a simple "Don't trust her" answered by a "I always get tricked by women anyway"

... uh.. what? So you're going to be a willing victim when she holds a sword to your neck and slits your throat?

Then we have the ever-idealistic Ibuki, who's standpoint stubbornly refuses to change even when everyone else and their undead uncle has stated otherwise that the Returned ones will never regain their humanity.

I can sort of deal with the annoying, yet uber serious Hien is acting like a self-entitled snob, given he is willing to stake his own life for his ideals of Revolution, but man does Ibuki piss me off with his
"Zombie Gakusho is my friend. I need to save her, even though her head is almost falling off her body and she's trying to shoot my ass up with her guns, and trying to crush me with her Earth magic, and sending Returned soldiers to bite my sorry butt..... But still....."
going to
"Let me kill her so her killer will die too! Oh wait, Hien just did the deed, I guess I'll just give up."
which reverts back to
"I know every single goddamn Returned One wasn't able to regain their humanity.... but...but... but just MAYBE the guy attached to a rock pile will be able to, even though he just came out from a pile of volcanic lava...."

Seriously.... I'm running out of words for how entirely ridiculously stupid Ibuki and some of the supporting cast are acting....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Jul 2009
Lol this show is turning into a freaking joke, I lost myself when I saw the minigun...oh my fucking god.

Too many conveniences, it smells like Aldnoah.Zero now and I can't wait to finish this mess.

0/5 would rate 0 again.
Aug 6, 2015 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Gakusho was gone.

I really like the little explanation of the Returned Ones.
Aug 6, 2015 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
this show is a bit of a mess really. Decent artwork can't make up for a decent story. There are still too many characters that are just thrown in there for no reason. I've come this far so I will see how it ends.
Aug 6, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
Well it was obvious Gakusho couldn't survive... too bad, I had some hope for her.

Ibuki - he's the only reason I can't enjoy this series. Just kill them all already.
Aug 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
Well Gakusho died as expected. The deaths never impact me as much as I would like them to because the ones dying are characters that we've only known for an episode or two (remember Kai and Mashiro?). Eh, I'm sure I probably still wouldn't really care even if a character that has been in every episode, like Sweallow, was killed
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2015 1:49 PM

May 2014
MASTERPIECE STRIKES AGAIN !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
i want to see ibuki kill his friends dem so much wait :/
Aug 6, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2015
I expected some better action, but, oh well. Alright episode. Let's see how they deal with the golem next episode.

Aug 6, 2015 5:10 PM

Apr 2015
Don't care about Gakusho since she was easily forgettable, but poor Ibuki I guess. Hope this kid's perception of friendship gets somehow sorted right in the end. Either way, this is going way downhill for me; the characters still seem as bland as they were from the start, and that discordant trio of an ED song is so annoying that I have to skip it. I still like the elephant.
Aug 6, 2015 7:27 PM

Jun 2013
This is getting so good!!!
Aug 6, 2015 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
Shouldn't Ibuki's powers activated when Hien kill Gakushou.??? Like last time when Ibuki's friend indirectly died thus activates the Red Dragon power.
Aug 6, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2014
Lol, judging by the PV, Hien dies and becomes a Returned One.

The action is turning out to be pretty underwhelming, but then again, that could apply to this anime as well.
Aug 7, 2015 1:34 AM
Jun 2015
Well, let's add her to the wasted impact potential death area along with

from Black Bullet.

I was actually expecting a decent episode today, but I only noticed more problems with the show. Actually, that opening trolls me into thinking that would be the case, but it's ruined by a below okay episode.
There isn't any foreshadowing in this show. It's just revealed before it gets built up. An example is that all the characters always just say some nice things to Ibuki and that means they're his friends(BUT THE CAT GIRL ISN'T ACCORDING TO HIM!)and that they have enough development for us to care for them. So is this from Ibuki's full perspective? Nope! Because we clearly see Gen's character is a traitor. Now, we don't see this character's viewpoint. We mearly cut away to her and she does evil stuff ruining any chance of good mystery. If Ibuki's the only viewpoint we see, then have her being evil remain a secret until he figures it out!

I'm surprised that nobody thinks she's evil when her mere presense scream "EVIL! BAD GUY! BEWARE!" but if this show wants an attempt to be average, then at least give it something that could be called a twist!

It feels like the writer was 16 when he wrote this, came back years later and forgot to revise the fucking thing.
Aug 7, 2015 1:35 AM
Jun 2015
AnimeFan500 said:
Shouldn't Ibuki's powers activated when Hien kill Gakushou.??? Like last time when Ibuki's friend indirectly died thus activates the Red Dragon power.

There's an explanation for that: It's called a plot hole.
Aug 7, 2015 2:35 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode in a while tbh. Still not a good anime tho

7/10 for this episode
Aug 7, 2015 2:47 AM

Jan 2013
JewellTH said:
AnimeFan500 said:

There's an explanation for that: It's called a plot hole.

actually it makes since since he was about to kill her himself but since he didnt it does not count, last time he wanted to protect the kid but he was not able to thus its the same as killing him (kinda)
Aug 7, 2015 3:00 AM
Sep 2014
This anime is literally so painful to watch and my least favorite one that I watch this season. I can't believe that something can be as painful as Mahou Sensou. This anime had a good premise but lacks the execution. The only reason I'm not dropping this is I want to see how they're going to "deal" with the dragon.
Aug 7, 2015 4:52 AM

May 2014
Zombies!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 7, 2015 8:03 AM

Nov 2014
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than it was, they did it again. I only thought about dropping it 7 times throughout this ep.
Aug 7, 2015 9:44 AM

May 2014
I'm looking rather forward to the next episode, btw the OP isn't too bad. I realised that after 6 episodes.
Kouran and D'Natia are so weird though, I'd like to know more about them and shit but oh well. Odd anime this.
Aug 7, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Gakushou... what a sad story. :c
Aug 7, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Gakusho :(
The way she died was kinda sad :(
Ibuki and co facing the Golem.
Sweallow is gonna use the Black Dragons scale to defeat him.

Next episode will be about Sweallow's past.
I'm interested :D

Decent episode 4/5
Aug 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Ughh, well, that sucked.

Gakushou was a really pointless character death. Introduce an actual interesting character who managed to impact Ibuki in such a short amount of time, then kill her off.

The hinted that the giant claw has life energy (capable of reviving), but since this is Chaos Dragon, it obviously wont be used on her.

Judging from the preview showing Sweallow's back story, wouldn't be surprised if he got his ass killed and then got revived with the claw (and conveniently the claw only works once).

Of couse that goddamn Hien dipshit who nobody remembered had to come in and legit ruin everything. That was fun.

At least Lou is still doing villain stuff. Hope it actually gets more interesting though, cuz right now she's going around doing whatever the fuck she wants and nobody is on to her, and she's getting uber plot armor.

Seems like the only interesting character left is that loli girl who looks like Ibuki's female twin.
Aug 8, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2008
Let's see how they handle the golem next week. Also, that Black Dragon's scale seems interesting.
Aug 8, 2015 1:39 AM
Jun 2015
Azurnity said:
This anime is literally so painful to watch and my least favorite one that I watch this season. I can't believe that something can be as painful as Mahou Sensou. This anime had a good premise but lacks the execution. The only reason I'm not dropping this is I want to see how they're going to "deal" with the dragon.

We know the writers aren't intelligent enough to think that up. If that were the case, the characters would bring it up and explain it instead of have the audience think about it.
Aug 8, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Most boring episode I've seen in a while, hopefully next time is better. I really wish Ibuki would stop being this pathetic tbh.
Aug 8, 2015 6:29 PM
Nov 2013
I was so excited after episode 4 and thought this show can redeem itself, but then ep 5 and 6 happened.

Give me the machined bee as a main character. I would love more from him.

Ibuki, while using his head and accepting that he has to kill Gakusho just to save her by Dragon's power, is still not really interesting to me. Especially that his plan was ruined by his army or whatsoever. WHERE THE HELL HIEN COME FROM anyways. Also, as I told before, killing like this is really edgy, seeing Ibuki cried and I felt no emotion. At least we can make Gakusho more memorible by 1 or 2 more episodes.

And for Lou to use her green ball magic to kill the soldier instead of shooting to Ibuki, it's kinda stupid of her. She is gonna die if Ibuki use it at that moment, so her priority isn't the guy...why he shot the ball to that guy....*sigh*

I still like the fact that Ibuki hasn't seen anyone as friends yet in this group except Eiha. He still has his mind instead of kindness. But he should suspect someone, like, REALLY. He is on guard, but he should think about the purpose of Swallow or Lou.

I still hate the elephant, love that it died.

This ep feels so off to me... While the returned ones are also used in another series aired rn, it feels more interesting, I'm telling you...
Aug 13, 2015 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
one word zombies
Aug 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Jun 2014
Gakusho... I liked you.
Damn =[
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
Well ... it's been ages since I watched this show TBH, and it's hard to remember anything that's happening ... but that general died, Ibuki doesn't get to kill her to find her murderer (which is good because Lou's the only good character) and there are MORE zombies and they're facing that giant stone golem that the other guy fought before ... oh boy. Well, I pretty much don't have any more expectations for this song, but at least the OP is awesome XD
Sep 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
is this show trying to be so serious?
2/5.

Nov 10, 2016 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Hahahaha XD Swallow is ranked 30th, the bottom which reminds me of Claymore.

Did I missed? Why Lou wanted to kill Gakusho?

3.2/5
Jan 2, 2017 8:35 PM

Jul 2016
So why didn't the nun chick burst into flames... Clearly Ibuki asked before the shots were fired.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

287 by Kowareta99 »»
May 9, 2020 3:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.