Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2015 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
absentminded said:
keragamming said:
I highly doubt one punchman will be rated 9+. Keep overrating it guys.
i have to agree. the hype gonna fail so hard if they know that this anime will don't have epic long batle like another action. most of discussion about this saries are expecting great action when in reality, it's basicy gag manga.

agree with these guys..
i also doubt snk 2 will get 9...

i'd say if there's any new gintama season then it is the most possible candidate...

Oct 7, 2015 1:14 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
iThoughtSheWas16 said:
robis798 said:

If it reaches 8.40 it will be a miracle.

If you mean 9.40, then I agree with you. But since the original season is already 8.60+, the 2nd season is easily going to clear 8.40 due to the sequel effect and all that. I'm guessing AoT will probably top out at around 8.90~.
Given that the manga ratings have dropped consistently the longer the story has gone on, I kind of doubt the second season would get any massive ratings either
Oct 7, 2015 1:14 PM

Sep 2014
Tobinami said:
absentminded said:
i have to agree. the hype gonna fail so hard if they know that this anime will don't have epic long batle like another action. most of discussion about this saries are expecting great action when in reality, it's basicy gag manga.

agree with these guys..

i'd say if there's any new gintama season then it is the most possible candidate...

The newest Gintama season is already 9.16, so Gintama's basically going to get 9.00+ on every new season from now on. That is, if there are any more Gintama seasons.
Oct 7, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2014
HaXXspetten said:
iThoughtSheWas16 said:

If you mean 9.40, then I agree with you. But since the original season is already 8.60+, the 2nd season is easily going to clear 8.40 due to the sequel effect and all that. I'm guessing AoT will probably top out at around 8.90~.
Given that the manga ratings have dropped consistently the longer the story has gone on, I kind of doubt the second season would get any massive ratings either

While that might be true for the manga, it's probably due to the manga being one listing. Compared to that, most people wouldn't add a second season to their list when they haven't watched it, just to lower the score. So basically, with every season a show gets there will be more people who like, and less people who dislike it. Just look at shows like Code Geass, Gintama, Kuroko no Basuke, and to a lesser extent Mushishi.
Oct 7, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2014
Infatuate said:
Inferno cop: the movie
Oct 7, 2015 1:28 PM

Mar 2014
HaXXspetten said:
iThoughtSheWas16 said:

It's going to get a higher score than 8.4 because on MAL sequels tend to score higher than the originals.
Oct 7, 2015 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
NatsuNeel said:
I feel like One Punch Man have a really big chance to get a 9+ rating if all goes well.
Also maybe Steins;Gate 0 and Owarimonogatari.

If the haters keep doing though...
Oct 7, 2015 1:43 PM

Mar 2015
iThoughtSheWas16 said:
Tobinami said:
agree with these guys..

The newest Gintama season is already 9.16, so Gintama's basically going to get 9.00+ on every new season from now on. That is, if there are any more Gintama seasons.
i hope gintama will have separated movie. it's gonna be awesome in anime and in here.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 7, 2015 1:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
sullynathan said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's going to get a higher score than 8.4 because on MAL sequels tend to score higher than the originals.
Well obviously but I meant that I really don't think it'll have any chance of getting above 9

Anything between 8.6 and 8.8 is likely though
Oct 7, 2015 1:58 PM
May 2015
Probably season 2 of Attack on Titan if they do it right. The manga at that point is very good so it has the potential.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Oct 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
NatsuNeel said:
I feel like One Punch Man have a really big chance to get a 9+ rating if all goes well.
Also maybe Steins;Gate 0 and Owarimonogatari.

it definitely won't seeing the rating of the anime right now and the manga.

HaXXspetten said:
sullynathan said:

Well obviously but I meant that I really don't think it'll have any chance of getting above 9

Anything between 8.6 and 8.8 is likely though

It could peak at 9.xxx then drop from there
Oct 7, 2015 5:05 PM

Oct 2013
Post comments…
HaXXspetten said:
iThoughtSheWas16 said:

The reason the manga ratings has drop is because the series had shifted focus away from the titan in that arc, not to mention the monthly wait, so a lot of people got frustrated because they are not getting what they wanted and drop the score for that reason. But don't be fooled, the series will rise back up in the ranking because the focus is shifted back to the titans, and by the end of 2016 the series ranking will increase since we will have a lot of people reading the manga because they can't wait another 3 years for season 3 and the same persons that drop the score will probably raise it back up again.

Now about season 2, the anime will make the second half of season 2 way more enjoyable than the manga. Manga readers that didn't enjoy the arc in the manga will enjoy it way more in the anime. Because it will have better pacing, second half of season 2 will be from episode 14-25 meaning they will adopt 19 chapters in 11 episodes. Not to mention monthly manga with 45 pages per chapter. So the pacing will be pretty fast, Also they will have soundtracks nice art and animation ect.

So trust me, using the manga score dropping as a indication of season 2 not ranking high is the worst thing you could ever do. Most will agree with me that the anime version of snk is far superior to the manga. The same can be said for hxh manga as well.

Not to mention the fact that season 2, will offer more in terms of character development/characterization, story progression, variety, and even crazier action than season 1. If season 2 somehow is rank lower than season 1, I might get a heart attack. Lol
keragammingOct 7, 2015 5:16 PM
Oct 7, 2015 5:09 PM

Sep 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Shokugeki no Souma season 2.

This,but more realistically One Punch Man maybe.
Oct 7, 2015 5:09 PM
Jun 2014
probably haikyuu season 2 seeing as its at 8.87
Oct 7, 2015 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
Jklmn said:
KaiserNazrin said:
Shokugeki no Souma season 2.
This,
looking for how is the way manga going, i don't think so.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 7, 2015 5:46 PM

Sep 2015
absentminded said:
Jklmn said:
This,

Sad thing.
Oct 11, 2015 1:09 PM

Sep 2015
Up!

One Punch Man is the next 9.All my cash!!
Oct 11, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2013
There's a movie called Harmony.
It sounds good
Oct 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Mar 2015
I think Steins;Gate 0 might have a chance
Oct 11, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
Mars of Destruction 2
Oct 11, 2015 1:49 PM

Mar 2015
TsunderePrince said:
Mars of Destruction 2
isn't there is new upcoming anime made by same studio?
Oct 11, 2015 2:05 PM
Mar 2012
absentminded said:
Jklmn said:
This,

? I think the manga is going great atm - there hasn't been a bad arc yet and the current one has introduced a lot of interesting characters.

Plus there's no way the second season of the anime would even reach it - it'd get to the stagire period max.
Oct 11, 2015 2:16 PM

Mar 2015
Kreion said:
absentminded said:
? I think the manga is going great atm - there hasn't been a bad arc yet and the current one has introduced a lot of interesting characters.

Plus there's no way the second season of the anime would even reach it - it'd get to the stagire period max.
great? not really. mediocore at beast with full of funservice and annoying characters. it's not interesting anymore. i start to think to drop it actually. everything feel letdown after summer competition. still, there is more hope for character development rather than plot progression.
Oct 11, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2015
1. Steins; Gate 0

2. Remake of the first FMA anime

3. Kekkai Sensen S2

4. OPM's contuiations

5. literally anything bones touches

6. Kirby Anime Remake .-.-.-.-.-._._._._.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 11, 2015 2:26 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
RainyRai said:
The chances of this ever happening are probably about minus 500%
Oct 11, 2015 2:35 PM

Sep 2015
absentminded said:
great? not really. mediocore at beast with full of funservice and annoying characters. it's not interesting anymore. i start to think to drop it actually. everything feel letdown after summer competition. still, there is more hope for character development rather than plot progression.

You've made it tragic,sincerely it is still recoverable...however is overall a good manga.
Oct 11, 2015 2:35 PM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:
RainyRai said:
The chances of this ever happening are probably about minus 500%

I didn't say it had a chance to make it, I just said it'd probably get 9+ rating if it did.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 11, 2015 2:42 PM

Mar 2015
Jklmn said:
absentminded said:
You've made it tragic,sincerely it is still recoverable...however is overall a good manga.
i agreed. it still has 7 in my book. but the problem with this series is lack in character. all character only showed how the way it is. also development is really predictable other than some of it twist character. the story building actually great. it's done many times but feel awesome. but later, everything is just feel flat and predictable. the way story goes is just like plot device for souma and his harem. but still, it's fun series, it's enjoyable series. but masterpiece? i don't think so.
Oct 11, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
RainyRai said:
Now what would they make better in that anime..? the animation..? given that its score is around 9.30 right now..it's impossibl to make it +9
Oct 11, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2015
absentminded said:
Jklmn said:
i agreed. it still has 7 in my book. but the problem with this series is lack in character. all character only showed how the way it is. also development is really predictable other than some of it twist character. the story building actually great. it's done many times but feel awesome. but later, everything is just feel flat and predictable. the way story goes is just like plot device for souma and his harem. but still, it's fun series, it's enjoyable series. but masterpiece? i don't think so.

We will have our answers in max 20-30 chapters I believe.
Oct 11, 2015 2:55 PM
Aug 2012
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka???

I have all my moneys bet on this
Oct 11, 2015 3:03 PM

Dec 2014
I would say OPM but it seems haters are pushing it down.
Oct 11, 2015 3:06 PM

Mar 2015
Enema said:

not even NNBR does that. i don't think so.
Jklmn said:
i predict it will be longer and ended up with
Oct 11, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Steins;Gate 0 definitely will, sequel effect
Oct 11, 2015 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
I doubt AoT S2 will get up there, the manga goes downhill and there is just as many haters who will give it a love rating in the first place.
Aug 2012
Digital_Fuzion said:
I would say OPM but it seems haters are pushing it down.
one province minor?

May 2015
malki said:
RainyRai said:
Now what would they make better in that anime..? the animation..? given that its score is around 9.30 right now..it's impossibl to make it +9

I said the first FMA anime(2003) not FMAB(2009)

FMA 2003 isn't 9+ atm. If Bones readapted it with better animation(really they just need to polish the scenes, the raw animation is fucking amazing) and also fixed the plot-holes they created while rushing it, it could become incredibly popular.
Oct 11, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2014
RainyRai said:
1. Steins; Gate 0

3. Kekkai Sensen S2

4. OPM's contuiations

1 and 4 have potential, 5 is too vague as you're assuming Concrete Revolutiono is definitely 9+ and everything else is bollocks
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 11, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
Snappynator said:
I doubt AoT S2 will get up there, the manga goes downhill and there is just as many haters who will give it a love rating in the first place.

The hype died down long ago, just look at the current rating of S1 compared to when it was airing. Once the popularity exploded it became one of the most hated series.
Oct 11, 2015 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Enema said:

nope. quite the contrary. MAL community absolutely dislikes slice of life, especially ones with cute characters. will probably get a 7.x maybe an 8 if lucky.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 11, 2015 3:22 PM

May 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
RainyRai said:
1. Steins; Gate 0

3. Kekkai Sensen S2

4. OPM's contuiations

1 and 4 have potential, 5 is too vague as you're assuming Concrete Revolutiono is definitely 9+ and everything else is bollocks

Bones > all, don't worry Concrete Revolutino is gonna make all those LoGH fans bow down in glory.
Oct 11, 2015 3:38 PM

Sep 2015
absentminded said:
Jklmn said:
i predict it will be longer and ended up with

It will be for sure,but we are at the point to respond your questions if you notice. With the (new super hard schedule?) we can see how psd members deal with this situation a if it is be going on a flat and predictable story with characters from the same cloths...So we don't need to wait the arc's end I think,it's a good time to give an almost final judgment :-)

-spoiler- I think the opposite with the return on with the return to factory settings or at least I hope so,we'll see.

Apologize for the speech messed...
Oct 11, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
I love how everyone and there grandma are underestimating snk season 2. This is actually a blessing in disguise.
Oct 11, 2015 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
The LOGH Remake mainly because of its meme status
Oct 11, 2015 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
Easily the next SAO season, fanbois spewing the next arc Alicization supposed to be a game-changer but hell if A-1 dropped the greatest idea of remaking Aincrad on the subject of the upcoming movie then SAO is still Feces/Shit in my book.
Oct 11, 2015 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
Easily the next SAO season, fanbois spewing the next arc Alicization supposed to be a game-changer but hell if A-1 dropped the greatest idea of remaking Aincrad on the subject of the upcoming movie then SAO is still Feces/Shit in my book.

Not with all dem SAO haters it won't
Nov 15, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2014
I think OPM will reach 9, at least temporally. Its score seems to be increasing steadily. People also say that the last episode will be the best. If that actually ends up being the case, then that will heavily boost it, since (in addition to the one fifth boost) most people only rate anime once they're completed and a great finale will generally skew their ratings positively.

Also, looking at that Top list, I'm really surprised that Shigatsu managed to stabilise that high, especially with all the hate it received back then. Nearly every other highly rated seasonal seeem to have dropped from when they ended (SNK, NGNL Kiseijuu etc).
Nov 15, 2015 2:52 PM

Mar 2015
Agafin said:
I think OPM will reach 9, at least temporally. Its score seems to be increasing steadily. People also say that the last episode will be the best. If that actually ends up being the case, then that will heavily boost it, since (in addition to the one fifth boost) most people only rate anime once they're completed and a great finale will generally skew their ratings positively.

Also, looking at that Top list, I'm really surprised that Shigatsu managed to stabilise that high, especially with all the hate it received back then. Nearly every other highly rated seasonal seeem to have dropped from when they ended (SNK, NGNL Kiseijuu etc).
well, shigatsu actually not that bad beside character. the story pretty strong. also as manga reader, YES. opm will got ending boost because the conclusion. i already order my pocorn.
KumaNov 15, 2015 2:57 PM
Nov 15, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sure that OPM will obtain the 9 score after the ending of the series. I also think that, depending of how the series ends, Owarimonogatari will also have a 9.
Nov 15, 2015 2:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Illyricus said:
I'm sure that OPM will obtain the 9 score after the ending of the series. I also think that, depending of how the series ends, Owarimonogatari will also have a 9.
Owari has been dropping every week since it started airing... it would take something absurd for that to happen
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by TheBerserker »»
41 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 52 minutes ago

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

27 by Rhaelynne »»
4 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 39 minutes ago

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

233 by Maumuu »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.