Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 4, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
i loved the interaction between nao and yu!
can't wait for their relationship to be even more developed!
Aug 4, 2015 4:28 PM

Jun 2010
my key related tragedy senses are tingling
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 4, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
luinthoron said:
SoManyRainbows said:
Oh, no. No, no, no. Ayumi isn't going to die, right? She's just going to develop her powers, right? I'm not ready. I'm not ready for the feels yet!

Either develop her powers, or she needs the pizza sauce to live, I guess.

Yeah, I think she'll just develop her powers, but needing the pizza sauce to live? XD
That doesn't make sense.
Aug 4, 2015 7:36 PM

May 2013
Why do people just now realise the imouto death flag, do u guys even watch the opening? It screams death flag for the imouto

Finally Nao x Yuu starts, hyped for the 2nd half

Also, NOBODY will mention the Angel beats reference? ''You look thinner in clothes''

Zeally said:
Boring as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk
His sister probably won't die since she is a main. Maybe her powers are activating. There's also something fishy going on with that security guard

AHAHAHhAha, she won't die because she is main? You haven't watched any other Jun Maeda works have you?
Aug 4, 2015 8:51 PM

Jan 2012
still waiting for that twist (if theres any)
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Aug 4, 2015 10:42 PM

Jun 2012
I dont like suffering :/
Aug 4, 2015 10:52 PM
Jun 2015
Machiavellism said:
This show would be so much better if glasses and the idol weren't in it. Also, getting really tired of Nao's "self-help" hypocrite attitude of "you can't use your powers anymore, but we still can!" I get it, they have to in order to "save" people, but this random encounter of the week is getting old fast. At least Haruhi Suzumiya made the pushover attitude entertaining. Going to give this one more chance.

Didn't you hear that the formula is going to change? ......How could you miss it when it was most of what was talked about for the last two pages?
Aug 4, 2015 10:58 PM
Jun 2015
NoobHunterD said:
still waiting for that twist (if theres any)

JewellTH said:

Didn't you hear that the formula is going to change? ......How could you miss it when it was most of what was talked about for the last two pages?
Aug 5, 2015 12:26 AM

Jun 2013
I hope that stupid little sister OD'd on pizza sauce and dies
Aug 5, 2015 1:36 AM

Nov 2012
I'm surprised Yuu didn't give his sister the talk about her possible awakening with her powers.

Really confused as to why Nao got ganged on. The girl mentioned something about "This is for Riko/Yuriko",I wonder who they could be... hmmmm?!
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Aug 5, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

So this confirms that the OP guy is the composer of Zhiend band.
You may notice that it uses a cane for the blind.
Probable MC Brother is the composer of Zhiend band.
The MC felt nostalgia, as if he had heard this song somewhere.

The five can be members of Zhiend band.

1. ??????
2. Kumagami, the guy of the student council, which locates users of ability
3. XXXXX - composer ZHIEND band - possible brother of MC.
4. ????????
5. Sala, the lead singer of the band Zhiend, girl appearing in the water in the OP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
third pad?

Good job, I like your theories. The stealing of powers by the MC and this one. Really interesting.
Aug 5, 2015 6:03 AM
Aug 5, 2015 8:06 AM

Oct 2014
the flying guy conceded so easily wtf
Aug 5, 2015 8:10 AM
Jun 2015
btw just saw the preview...so if they find her on the ground covered in blood, then we will be able to find out she just tripped and spilled pizza sauce on herself.
Aug 5, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
new official manga Charlotte.
It has a scene that was cut from in the anime.

I don't know if the second guy can be Kumagami but they are very similar.

In the first picture, is obvious the clothes... are laboratory's clothes... or this, or he was in a sauna haha

Anyway, How could he escape?

He should be a important experiment, because his ability is so usefull to search new espers...
However... his ability it only can be used when he is wet.... maybe the scientists didn't know that... He could have escaped like Nao...

About the Zhiend band, looks great, I'm sure the mc somehow has a relation with that band... his brother? can be possible.

Really, actually the show it's not a big thing, but I'm sure it will improve, and with these theories on the table this anime is getting very interesting.

Thanks for sharing all of this.

Aug 5, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I guess the Imouto is going to get an ability of her own or she is going to die!

I'm betting both.

Sad really, but it seems to be the direction the show is heading.
Aug 5, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

But as it appeared in the dream of MC?
Worse than Classroom☆Crisis can not stand.

Nice question... maybe the brother's power was predict the future or something like that, and the mc could steal his skill with memories before the brainwashing...

I don't know but it's somehow related to the power of his brother...

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

Where this pizza sauce?

Memories altered? Or they were four...

Aug 5, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
SoManyRainbows said:
New episode 6 image:

thank Manaka

You're welcome! ^_^
Aug 5, 2015 3:03 PM
Apr 2012
That girl in the shooting star coffee in the opening looks like Kotori Kanbe.
Aug 5, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2015
Ok, gathering data through the opening, we can found...

- Long-period comets
- Charlotte (The comet?)
- The Unknown particle
- Disease
- Study vaccine
- Witch
- Witchcraft
- Blindness
- Hundred
- ZHIEND
- How-Low-Hello (HARO-HARO band)

Abilities:
- Teleport
- Transmission
- Telepathy
- Summon
- Time leap

* You can see some captures here The others, searching in google.

We can translate this words to:

Charlotte: The Long-period comet. This comet approaches to the earth each 200 years or so.

The Unknown particle: A particle released by Charlotte. This particle can be the responsible of the powers.

Disease: The continuous use of abilities affect to the brain. Amnesia, maybe?

Study vaccine: I think, the scientists are trying to search a vaccine for the disease... using espers, treated like Guinea pigs...

Collapse: ??

Witch/Witchcraft: Along with the word you can see two character "female" and "magic".
Assuming the comet It's not the first time appear, this refers to the middle ages and the "witches" had those powers.

Blindness: The composer of Zhiend... can be blind? He carries a stick.

Hundred: Maybe, the number of abilities.

Then... the ability "transmission" can be the mc's power.

The key ability is "Time leap". All abilities are imperfect and defective... I'm sure, the imperfection of the Time leap it's a kind of amnesia.

The MC could have stolen that ability, and returned to the past.

The reason... perhaps they were captured... but... why ayumi remember "future things"?
HarselAug 5, 2015 4:02 PM

Aug 5, 2015 10:33 PM

Oct 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Copernican theory (Conversion from Ptolemy universe to the Copernicus universe) - ・地動説(プトレマイオス宇宙からコペルニクス宇宙への転換)

Ah, I would think that that goes against "geocentrism."

"Geocentrism" is in English, and "heliocentrism" is in Japanese.

Interesting.
Aug 6, 2015 10:04 AM

Mar 2013
So they are team but no friend ?
How could they only watch and let camera-girl beaten up like that?
Aug 6, 2015 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
kurikinton said:

what are the chances XD

I'm wondering if Joujirou Takajou from Angel Beats and Takamatsu are somehow linked or if this is just a hommage to him. Alternate universe maybe or
Heck they even have the same voice actor.
Aug 6, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

◯ 図 - Figure

Copernican theory (Conversion from Ptolemy universe to the Copernicus universe) - ・地動説(プトレマイオス宇宙からコペルニクス宇宙への転換)
Astronomical Clock? - ・天文時計?
compare the brain (neurons networks) with the space (filament structure) - ・脳(ニューロンネットワーク)と宇宙(フィラメント構造)の比較

These three are very interesting, I divided the opening in frames and I found them, but is dificult to interpret, also some others are missing like "mp3", "lua", etc. But those don't be so important. At least I think so...

I really like this comparation -"neurons networks- filament structure"-

I leave here some screenshots of that.

HarselAug 6, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 6, 2015 7:19 PM

Dec 2012
Is it just me or is this anime getting boring. I'm just not enjoying it anymore. First episode was the best than it started going downhill from there. Maybe it's time to drop this anime. I know other people like it and that's fine it's just not my cup of tea.
Aug 6, 2015 10:40 PM
Jun 2015
Shion657 said:
Is it just me or is this anime getting boring. I'm just not enjoying it anymore. First episode was the best than it started going downhill from there. Maybe it's time to drop this anime. I know other people like it and that's fine it's just not my cup of tea.

HAVE YOU READ THE LAST TWO FUCKING PAGES? XD
Aug 7, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

◯ 資料のタイトル - article title
・Collpase - 崩壊,虚脱 - (Medicine)(医学)
・Looting:略奪
・Time Leap 時間跳躍 - (consciousness only)(意識のみ)

Looting? That's what supports your theory of MC stealing others powers the best.

Just throwing in my two cents--

Assuming that ZHIEND's composer is indeed MC's family member, it's pretty much a given that he is blind; it was even mentioned by Tomori that the band's composer was blind. It would also explain why MC found the music nostalgic.

I find it interesting that while MC's possible brother was blind, MC has an eye-related ability.

On another note, MC and someone else are seen wearing hospital clothes (like Nao's brother) in one of the key visuals with the captions (the right one).

iCsavAug 7, 2015 12:49 AM
Aug 7, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2013
The best episode yet, tons of funny jokes and they're laying the groundwork for the group's relationships. Angel Beats desperately needed an episode like this between eps 9 and 10.

Many people have probably guessed it already, but what if Ayumi hasn't actually contracted Key illness and she has a cold because the guy who got rejected by her used his power on her? That would be a scary ability.
Lollo36Aug 7, 2015 2:59 AM
Aug 7, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2010
A better episode this time, I guess that this will consist of hits and misses. The best part this time was the comment on Takajou's build(like he wasn't similar to Takamatsu from Angel Beats enough already, lol).
Aug 7, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2010
Ayu-chan :c
Aug 7, 2015 12:03 PM

Jul 2013
icecoldskin said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

◯ 資料のタイトル - article title
・Collpase - 崩壊,虚脱 - (Medicine)(医学)
・Looting:略奪
・Time Leap 時間跳躍 - (consciousness only)(意識のみ)

Looting? That's what supports your theory of MC stealing others powers the best.

Just throwing in my two cents--

Assuming that ZHIEND's composer is indeed MC's family member, it's pretty much a given that he is blind; it was even mentioned by Tomori that the band's composer was blind. It would also explain why MC found the music nostalgic.

I find it interesting that while MC's possible brother was blind, MC has an eye-related ability.

On another note, MC and someone else are seen wearing hospital clothes (like Nao's brother) in one of the key visuals with the captions (the right one).

I thought Nao said "the [b]singer[/b] who also composes the music is blind in both eyes". And we know that the singer is 'Sala', so this wouldn't make sense.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Aug 7, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2014
Yet again. Makes me wonder why Nao doesn't just explain everything to the ability-users beforehand. It would save a lot of unnecessary trouble -,-
And the video camera disturbs me too, I mean I get that she uses it for intimidation but let's say the government gets ahold of it, evidence enough to take everyone in 😅
Well nice episode, not too good, not too bad.
Umouto FTW, she's too cute. Too goddamn cute.
Btw I ship Nao x MC, it might actually make the anime better for me.
KamSungAug 9, 2015 7:10 AM
Aug 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
Can't wait for episode 6!
Aug 7, 2015 1:04 PM
Sep 2010
There goes the Saitou voiced by hikari again.
Saw someone was talking about rewrite. That starbuck img looks like Kanbe Kotori.
I heard Yoshino's voice from the pitcher, as always shouting.
Aug 7, 2015 4:33 PM

Mar 2009
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Charlotte episode 6 preview
the misery begins.

WELP. She's going to die.
Aug 7, 2015 6:46 PM
Aug 2015
What is the song at the end by the credits it sounds so nice Q_Q
Aug 7, 2015 11:08 PM
Jul 2011
sanata50lbsb said:

I thought Nao said "the [b]singer[/b] who also composes the music is blind in both eyes". And we know that the singer is 'Sala', so this wouldn't make sense.

That's CR for you.
Subs from GJM-Mezashite in the same moment says:
"I think it comes from their vocalist and songwriter, who's blind in both eyes"
From this translation it looks like vocalist and songwriter most likely are different people.
Aug 8, 2015 12:42 AM

Nov 2013
KamSung said:

And the video camera disturbs me too, I mean I get that she uses it for intimidation but let's say the government gets ahold of it, evidence enough to take everyone in 😅

The government can't just pick up kids whenever it wants to, it has to keep a facade of legality, as it happened during Nao's flashback. The special school's owner has enough money and influence to make sure that his/her students are protected.
Also, it's likely that being in the special school already gives away the fact that they have superpowers, the government should know that much, at least. (not to mention that there are many conspiracy theories about the school, let's wait until the anime finishes)
Yet again. Makes me wonder why Nao doesn't just explain everything to the ability-users beforehand. It'd would save a lot of unnecessary trouble -,-

Didn't she do that in the previous episode (when it didn't even work), and in episodes 2 and 3 too?
Lollo36Aug 8, 2015 12:47 AM
Aug 8, 2015 1:18 AM

Mar 2013
oh no on the bullying part.

the next person this ep is an easy catch. but they need to go to camping for that.
more build up sidetracked for this ep. foreshadowing is intense.

i feel something bad is gonna happen on ep 6. the omen is here.

Aug 8, 2015 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
This series is progressively boring. Cheesy lines are everywhere (especially Tomori's) and Yuu are devolving deeper into shit generic MC by each episode.

So is sister-chan gonna be rest in pepperonis on next episode ?
Aug 8, 2015 1:56 AM
Mar 2012
Nao want to be a doc/film maker. More & more similarities to Haruhi, though she's less annoying and more violent. Bullies +1. Lol Yu just hiding while his friend gets beat up. He probably thinks she deserved it too.
Nice song ZHIEND.
Last experiment seems confirmed now, yes Yu can use other's abilities. This shows abilities are tied to the body, yet the Yusa/Misa case suggests consciousness/soul tied to 2 abilities.
Seems imouto's getting the power soon, and security wants to keep her safe. What if her ability converts anything into pizza sauce?
Her ability probably is astronomy/time related.
gophercgAug 8, 2015 2:01 AM
Aug 8, 2015 2:29 AM

Apr 2015
traittrait said:

That's CR for you.
Subs from GJM-Mezashite in the same moment says:
"I think it comes from their vocalist and songwriter, who's blind in both eyes"
From this translation it looks like vocalist and songwriter most likely are different people.

Which is the group I am willing to trust for this anime. CR is only to get a gist of the episode fast.
Aug 8, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
Nao got beat up. Not cool.
Aug 9, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2013
OH GOD, HERE IT COME. THE INFAMOUS JAPANESE COLD. THERE WILL BE DEATHS.
No seriously though, what's up with the japanese cold? It always seem like they are on their deathbed.

They are now introducing another sub-plot, with that mysterious fellow from Yuu past. I wonder where this is going.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 10, 2015 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Imouto: *cough* *cough*

Me: OK, HERE WE FUCKING GO...
Aug 10, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
Possible death flags for the sister? I really hope so!
Aug 13, 2015 1:35 PM

Nov 2010
Finally no pizza sauce! Maybe it's actually medicine for the little sister though
The outdoor camping was a fun watch
Aug 14, 2015 6:10 AM

May 2010
Foreshadowing that Yuu will have to build muscles get stronger as something big is bound to happen later.
Aug 15, 2015 6:05 AM

Oct 2008
pacing seems to be fast, feels like the whole episode is rushed.
The one thing I noticed is when all the seriousness is going in...then suddenly it strikes with comedy. It's like ruining the moment.
4/5.

Aug 18, 2015 6:43 AM

Feb 2014
Such cheesy anime. No story so far, just ability of the week. Generic MC as always (though in 1. episode looked promising) And I smell cheap drama incoming, trying to play on audience feels with pointless deaths a.k.a shigatsu style. 1/5
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.