Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, I felt bad for Yuya. Pretty tough beating in public...

Episode felt meh. It was pretty much a revisit of the previous duel and reflection on how Yuya got beat. So...in a way, I guess the series is taking a breather? It's still nice to see the alternate universe Jack duel though in those scenes. Reject Born is the shit.
Jul 19, 2015 2:11 AM
Dec 2008
Recap episode is pretty meh, although it does give a little insight on what Jack used to be.

Jul 19, 2015 2:18 AM

Apr 2014
i hate recap flashback scene this episode waste so much time.
Jul 19, 2015 8:07 AM
Aug 2014
Literally recapping one episode prior. However, this recap was significant in that it shows Yuya figuring out how to beat Jack's Reject Reborn.

Seems Yuya gained a new card from Sam. Most likely it is a Tuner monster and it will show Sam that Jack actually gave him a significant card.

Overall, seems that Jack gained fame similar to the 5Ds version. There's the clash between those that support Jack and think of him as a Hero, and those that deny Jack and think of him as a Traitor. Curious how this will play out.

The Friendship Cup will finally start! After last week's amazing duel, I can't wait until this tournament arc.

First Match is Crow Vs. Gongenzaka. This will definitely be an entertaining duel. Especially since we got two of the best characters in all of Yugioh in one duel.

That said, it seems like we should look forward to just about every duel. Since every participant is someone we (technically) know.
Jul 19, 2015 2:53 PM

May 2008
Shipuujin said:
Literally recapping one episode prior. However, this recap was significant in that it shows Yuya figuring out how to beat Jack's Reject Reborn.

Seems Yuya gained a new card from Sam. Most likely it is a Tuner monster and it will show Sam that Jack actually gave him a significant card.

Overall, seems that Jack gained fame similar to the 5Ds version. There's the clash between those that support Jack and think of him as a Hero, and those that deny Jack and think of him as a Traitor. Curious how this will play out.

The Friendship Cup will finally start! After last week's amazing duel, I can't wait until this tournament arc.

First Match is Crow Vs. Gongenzaka. This will definitely be an entertaining duel. Especially since we got two of the best characters in all of Yugioh in one duel.

That said, it seems like we should look forward to just about every duel. Since every participant is someone we (technically) know.

And Gon-chan use a new level 9 Synchro Heavy.. YEAAAAAAAA!
Jul 19, 2015 3:39 PM

May 2014
Good episode. I think Yuya would have won if he didn't use fusion. Dark Rebellion would have destroyed red wyvern and odd-eyes pendulum dragon would have won with a direct attack. Even if Jack did use the Action card or the trap Yuya could've use the Magicians to negate those effects.
Jul 20, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2012
Another misunderstanding happen because character always underestimate card value. It's the effect that matter not low stats.

This episode itself not plot heavy but add more insight into Yuya and deepen his relationship with Yuzu. Plus Council get more and more grey at time by.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 20, 2015 7:16 AM
Jul 2015
I got the feeling that Jack wasn't telling Sam he was weak with that card.

He just took it the wrong way.
Jul 20, 2015 8:53 AM

May 2015
meh episode
Jul 20, 2015 1:39 PM

Mar 2013
Is Technicolour Texas' hat glued on? How did that shit not fall off when she literally jumped out of a plane lmao?

Real talk though I basically could have just rewatched last episode for half of this and not known the difference. At least we'll finally get to start this tournament next ep, even if Gongenzaka's duelling motorbike outfit or whatever they're called is a sinful mess. Like, green and orange? Really? What was wrong with the colour palette he already had?
Jul 20, 2015 1:55 PM
Mar 2013
Roshtad said:

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that Jack was calling him weak at all either.
Jul 20, 2015 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was terrible compared to the previous hype one

we've been over this already with Yuya feeling down about his way of dueling, and i couldnt careless about that kid. he should probably also read the damn card's effect and not make Jack look like a badguy
They should have just went straight to the first match
the Jack backstory was cool tho,

Jul 20, 2015 4:03 PM
Mar 2013
Kenju said:

we've been over this already with Yuya feeling down about his way of dueling, and i couldnt careless about that kid. he should probably also read the damn card's effect and not make Jack look like a badguy

I have to admit, I am getting very tired of Yuya constantly feeling down about his Dueling and forgetting that he wants to entertain others.
Jul 20, 2015 5:19 PM
Sep 2012
This is a transition episode and set up for the Friendship Cup. Looks like though there is disconnect between the council and Roger. And with Roger have this mysterious shadow guy with him, could we see a quot, if it happens since the chairman and the others did set up the Tops / Commons system, my feelings will be like when the Fire Nation took over the corrupt Ba Sing Se, are we really that much worst off under this new management?

The Commons are divided weather Jack is a hero or a traitor, I am going to give Jack the benefit of the doubt, I think there might be more to him than meets the eye and why he does the things that he does, a method to his madness. I haven't seen him literally step over people, and my theory that card he gave to that kid, he got the wrong message, I think perhaps he was trying to say I started with nothing and worked hard to achieve my goals, so use this card as a starting point like I did, and this kid took it the wrong way. We will see.

Next episode Gong vs Crow, I don't know who will win, neither is going to go all the way, so it doesn't mater, could go either way.
Jul 20, 2015 10:56 PM
Jul 2015
Looks like yuuya will finally learn synchro with that card chouritsu majutsushi (Tuning Magician) and gongenzaka new synchro yeaya.
Jul 21, 2015 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
BakaHead said:
Looks like yuuya will finally learn synchro with that card chouritsu majutsushi (Tuning Magician) and gongenzaka new synchro yeaya.

Personally, I'm expecting Yuya's pendant to turn it into a Pendulum card, since it's a Magician (Majutsushi) like the Gazers.

Also, am I the only one who's expecting Gongenzaka to lose to Crow?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 21, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
EHero09 said:

Personally, I'm expecting Yuya's pendant to turn it into a Pendulum card, since it's a Magician (Majutsushi) like the Gazers.

Yep. And we will get a new "Odd Eyes" synchro monster.

Nope, Crow has to lose to Yuya. I wonder who is going to beat Reiji. Or will they just terminate the FC when Fusion shows up, like they did on Standard?
Jul 21, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
Bill_the_Cat said:
EHero09 said:

Yep. And we will get a new "Odd Eyes" synchro monster.

Nope, Crow has to lose to Yuya. I wonder who is going to beat Reiji. Or will they just terminate the FC when Fusion shows up, like they did on Standard?

Apparently,

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 21, 2015 12:39 PM

May 2009
Apparently,
[/quote] Yeah, I am expecting Crow to win the duel in the next episode. I can't imagine the rest of the Lancers losing, or they will be boot out of that first-class hotel. Where will Gon-chan go then? I hope you're onto something.

Well I can't wait until that new level one tuner is used. I bet it would be cool. Maybe Yuya will summon a new synchro or not. We will see!
Jul 22, 2015 10:53 AM
Jul 2015
reiji wont be entering the tournment and sadly its reira. guess he will be staying in the council and watch his lancers dueling guess his main job is to watch his mens doing evrything and get cardfied while he himsself is a watcher.
there are 16 duelist competing in the cup

crow vs gongenzaka= crow is going to win for sure since he is one of the supporting characters i am sure they wont allow him to lose his first duel since it is impposible for the main and supporting characters to lose their first on-screen duel.then if gong loses he will be kicked out of the hotel and if crow loses he can go home and take care of his children since they came to the tournment to cheer crow.

shinji vs ninja guy- shinji will win for sure since this will be the first time he is dueling i look forward to see their deck

yuzu vs sawatri- yuzu will oblivious win since sawatari is just a butt monkey

serena vs synchro barret- serena will win (but i hope she loses the first round since her deck is so boring and she keeps on using the same strategy)

shun vs reira - shun would win since he will do carpet bombing to that poor kid

Yugo vs dennis- yugo will win and sometimes dennis will revel his true colors

yuya vs duel chaser-yuya will win

damon vs chojiri- chojiri will win

quater finals

yuya vs selena- yuya will win
shun vs yugo - yugo will win
yuzu vs shinji- yuzu will win
crow vs chojri- crow will win

semi finals

yuya vs yuzu- yuya will win
crow vs yugo- yugo will win

finals
yuya vs yugo- yuya will win the tournemnt and eat yugo

rematch between yuya and jack - yuya will win
Jul 23, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2014
First half was really boring with lots of flashbacks and Yuuya doubting yet again himself.
I already see Jack not being the bad guy everone thinks he is.
Him giving Sam the card and critizing Yuuyas duel style are just misinterpreted and were meant as good advices.
Gon will definitely lose against Crow and I hope we see maybe him in the finals.
Jul 23, 2015 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
Crow will definitely win because of BLACKWINGS!

Pretty sure Jack's trying to tell something else to that kid with that card. That card is pretty cute though. ....Definitely the cuteness is not the most suited part Jack was talking about that kid.. >.>
On side note, dat Level 9 Superheavy Samurai Synchro monster though!
Jul 24, 2015 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
Roychop said:
Kenju said:

I have to admit, I am getting very tired of Yuya constantly feeling down about his Dueling and forgetting that he wants to entertain others.

That didn't happen in this episode...

Jul 24, 2015 1:37 PM
Mar 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:
Roychop said:

That didn't happen in this episode...

I wasn't talking about this episode in that specific comment. I was talking about many of the episodes before this.
RoychopJul 24, 2015 1:51 PM
Jul 25, 2015 11:14 AM
Jul 2015
Bad guy? I just saw Jack being Boss and Yuya being obsessed with finding Yuzu. He wasn't concentrating on his efforts to entertain the crowd.

Therefore, he lost.
Aug 10, 2015 5:14 AM

Jan 2013
Roychop said:
Roshtad said:

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that Jack was calling him weak at all either.

Exactly, and I'm sure Yuuya will show just how strong the card can be (some strong card effect maybe?)

I liked the little reference of Lazar on the paper money.
Mar 6, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2012
The Melissa Claire arc is finally underway now! My goodness. I had to get the lotion out again.

Damn it, Sam. You misunderstood.

Sorry Gongenzaka, but you're not beating Crow.

I guess this would be the friend vs friend duel if we compare them to Jonouchi, which is what I always thought Crow was.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 17, 2019 7:24 AM

May 2016
Good episode. I think Yuya would have won if he didn't use fusion. Dark Rebellion would have destroyed red wyvern and odd-eyes pendulum dragon would have won with a direct attack. Even if Jack did use the Action card or the trap Yuya could've use the Magicians to negate those effects.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.