Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2015 4:17 AM

Oct 2011
I personally don't see the need to show off like that on an online community.

Thoughts?
OlwenJul 9, 2015 4:35 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 9, 2015 4:20 AM

Dec 2011
Yeah, I agree. Its really strange. I don't even get what the grades are for. Each to their own I guess?
Jul 9, 2015 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
They made the mistake of thinking people care.
Jul 9, 2015 4:21 AM

Jun 2015
am i supposed to give a shit?
Jul 9, 2015 4:22 AM

Nov 2013
Never seen it, sounds ridiculous.
Jul 9, 2015 4:26 AM

Mar 2013
Self absorbed and egotistical, just like the user you're referring to
Jul 9, 2015 4:27 AM

Jan 2014
Never seen anything... but just to annoy you guys, I ended high-school with an average or 14 and I graduated uni with an average of 15. I'm so updating my profile to include this piece of vital information.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jul 9, 2015 4:28 AM

Mar 2014
What do you guys mean by grades?
Jul 9, 2015 4:29 AM

Oct 2010
Perhaps if it was an academic based forum it would be alright, but otherwise it just seems extremely weird and out of place. Especially on a forum for anime.
Jul 9, 2015 4:29 AM

Oct 2011
Shiratori-san said:
Never seen anything... but just to annoy you guys, I ended high-school with an average or 14 and I graduated uni with an average of 15. I'm so updating my profile to include this piece of vital information.

I can't make sense of those grades. What system is this? Can you convert it?

SolitaryComplex said:

Grades one got in school, etc.
Jul 9, 2015 4:31 AM
Jun 2014
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 9, 2015 4:34 AM

Nov 2013
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Never heard of that, but it's no more pathetic than posting huge lists of characters and "how I rate animu".

Whats wronng with lists of characters? What else are you gonna put on there? We only have a choice of 10 for god sakes.
Jul 9, 2015 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
nobody cares about that
mal fellow all are phds
Jul 9, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2015
People do that? I've seen character lists that take two years to load and a bunch of stuff about how they rate anime and how they don't want to be bothered by stalkers, but I haven't seen grades yet. That's depressing.

Plus, school grades don't really mean much. Even college grades don't matter online. Isn't everyone a super-genius with an IQ of over 200 and an EQ of -25?
-_-
Jul 9, 2015 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
LOL

Do you stalk katsucats or something?

Ahahaha.

For reference for those of you who don't know why OP is upset: http://myanimelist.net/profile/katsucats
Jul 9, 2015 5:15 AM

Feb 2015
Dem you no need to show off grades

Ima phd bitches
Jul 9, 2015 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
If the person has good grades,nice for him/her.

Otherwise,I do not really care.
Jul 9, 2015 5:36 AM

Feb 2015
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Disonana said:

Whats wronng with lists of characters? What else are you gonna put on there? We only have a choice of 10 for god sakes.

There's nothing "wrong" with it. It's just that no one gives a fuck.

You could say that about pretty much anything people do on the internet (including posting on forums), yet millions of people still do it.
Jul 9, 2015 5:53 AM

Oct 2011
Like-A-Dance said:
LOL

Ahahaha.

For reference for those of you who don't know why OP is upset: http://myanimelist.net/profile/katsucats

Uh, this isn't a thread about katsucats.

I've seen other people do this too, so I thought it was interesting and wanted to talk about it on here.
Jul 9, 2015 6:07 AM

Mar 2014
I see no problem with it. If someone's putting up his grades on HIS profile, let him. It's his profile. People put up their club cards, banners and whatnot- at least putting up your grades will let other people know you're not dumb.

If you're salty because someone else puts up his grades on MAL then it probably means your grades aren't good enough to to be displayed publicly.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 9, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2014
it seems unnecessary and it seems like they are just bragging, but I wouldnt care if someone did it. I might just find it a bit weird and out of place or think they are really really proud of those grades
Jul 9, 2015 6:17 AM

Oct 2011
2-methylgeniol said:
I see no problem with it. If someone's putting up his grades on HIS profile, let him. It's his profile. People put up their club cards, banners and whatnot- at least putting up your grades will let other people know you're not dumb.

If you're salty because someone else puts up his grades on MAL then it probably means your grades aren't good enough to to be displayed publicly.

No it doesn't. Grades /=/ intelligence.
Jul 9, 2015 6:23 AM

Mar 2014
Olwen said:
2-methylgeniol said:

No it doesn't. Grades /=/ intelligence.

It might not indicate that. But its at least a good indicator that you are intelligent to some proportions.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 9, 2015 6:24 AM

Jan 2015
I don't mind, it's not like they force me to read their about me.

Everyone can show whatever they want.
Jul 9, 2015 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
Olwen said:
Shiratori-san said:

SolitaryComplex said:

It's in a scale ranging from 1 to 20. So... 15 would be 75%. In a F to A system, I guess it would be a B, maybe?
Jul 9, 2015 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
Shiratori-san said:
Olwen said:

It's in a scale ranging from 1 to 20. So... 15 would be 75%. In a F to A system, I guess it would be a B, maybe?

Depends on the system, but it's a solid C in American universities.
Jul 9, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
Olwen said:
Shiratori-san said:

Depends on the system, but it's a solid C in American universities.

Well, I don't know how that system works, you may be right, but if grades were divided equally, you would have:

F: 0,00 - 16,67%
E: 16,67 - 33,33%
D: 33,33 - 50,00% (fail)
C: 50,00 - 66,67% (pass)
B: 66,67 - 83,33%
A: 83,33 - 100,00%

75% would be solid B. That's why I said, maybe B, but I'm not American and I have no idea about how it works.
Jul 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2013
People......people are putting their grades up in their profile???

I don't even.....
Jul 9, 2015 8:22 AM

Feb 2015
Never seen one like that..
Jul 9, 2015 8:24 AM

Aug 2013
Olwen said:
I personally don't see the need to show off like that on an online community.

Thoughts?

I don't see why you'd need to show off your grades to anyone in an informal setting. I can't help but feel that they're proud and just bragging, or trying to prove themselves for some reason. Newsflash: nobody cares.
Jul 9, 2015 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
Aetr said:
am i supposed to give a shit?

Jul 9, 2015 8:34 AM

Oct 2012
Riki_Oh said:
Self absorbed and egotistical, just like the user you're referring to
The only thing self absorbed and egotistical is presuming that I give a fuck that you give a fuck. Guess what? My profile isn't about you. You're free to do something else besides getting butt hurt looking at my profile... Try looking at your own.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 9, 2015 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
Moog- said:
Newsflash: nobody cares.
I didn't think that anyone would care, but apparently everyone in this thread cares. After all, why would anyone judge against things they don't care about? It's like, "Hey, look at that sponge that doesn't occupy my mind whatsoever. It's so self-absorbed and pathetic. I can't resist commenting and applying values to it even though I'm not thinking about it at all. It's like I have a delegate robot twin feeding me their thoughts, which are actually my own."
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 9, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
Its pretty weird, plus why would you give away personal information like that away on the internet?

Jul 2015
i agree. I dont mind showing off but i dont really gaf if its online LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2015
razor39999 said:
Is this how internet drama starts?
yehp c;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
Grades?
Jul 9, 2015 8:52 AM

Dec 2013
I mention that I'm a pretty good student in my About Me because I do feel that it's a part of who I am. I'm not putting my report card up or anything like that tho
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 9, 2015 8:55 AM

Jun 2014
Well y'know, people can put whatever the hell they want on their profiles. Just sayin'
Jul 9, 2015 8:57 AM

Mar 2014
Feaor said:
Its pretty weird, plus why would you give away personal information like that away on the internet?

What's exactly 'personal' about grades?

Last I know, my grades were put up on the notice board in the fucking school along with 20 other students'. If that's personal, then I don't know what's 'public'.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 9, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2011
I deem it extremely pathetic. Here you are on an anime site where people discuss anime and you are putting your academic performance on there. What your parents and friends didn't give a shit about it and so you got to flaunt it on MAL?

It would be like the equivalent of someone putting up their salary in the "about me" section of their profile.

Goes to show you that some of the most socially awkward weirdos frequent this site and their lives are so bankrupt of normalcy that they have to resort to dumb shit like this.

Jul 9, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
Gov said:
I deem it extremely pathetic. Here you are on an anime site where people discuss anime and you are putting your academic performance on there. What your parents and friends didn't give a shit about it and so you got to flaunt it on MAL.

Goes to show you that some of the most socially awkward weirdos frequent this site and their lives are so bankrupt of normalcy that they have to resort to dumb shit like this.

Usually, I find your posts really agreeable, but I think this time you don't know what you're talking about.

First off, MAL maybe an anime site but it sure as hell provides a plethora of other utilities ; to give you an example: it comes fully packed with commenting/PM system that allows 'socializing'. And people do socialize a lot on here. If your usage of the site is limited to just updating your list or browsing the forums, then do other people a favor - don't impose your usage of the site on others. There's a reason why the 'about me' section is called 'about me'. You can put whatever the heck you want in there. If people aren't ridiculed for putting third class memes that has nothing to do with 'about me' then I don't know why they should be called out for putting up their grades.

Its kind of funny that of all things, MAL chooses grades to be its personal 'taboo'. A community that's perfectly fine with pedophilia, incest and God knows what other degeneracy is creeped out by none other than the 'GRADES'. Sasuga MAL...
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 9, 2015 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Have you seen anyone in particular whose done that? Because I haven't.
Jul 9, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
2-methylgeniol said:
Gov said:
I deem it extremely pathetic. Here you are on an anime site where people discuss anime and you are putting your academic performance on there. What your parents and friends didn't give a shit about it and so you got to flaunt it on MAL.

Usually, I find your posts really agreeable, but I think this time you don't know what you're talking about.

First off, MAL maybe an anime site but it sure as hell provides a plethora of other utilities ; to give you an example: it comes fully packed with commenting/PM system that allows 'socializing'. And people do socialize a lot on here. If your usage of the site is limited to just updating your list or browsing the forums, then do other people a favor - don't impose your usage of the site on others. There's a reason why the 'about me' section is called 'about me'. You can put whatever the heck you want in there. If people aren't ridiculed for putting third class memes that has nothing to do with 'about me' then I don't know why they should be called out for putting up their grades.

Its kind of funny that of all things, MAL chooses grades to be its personal 'taboo'. A community that's perfectly fine with pedophilia, incest and God knows what other degeneracy is creeped out by none other than the 'GRADES'. Sasuga MAL...

As I said you can put whatever the hell you want but doesn't mean it is out of place and just weird. I frequent a forum that anime versus battles and a guy literally put his put stub on his profile. It was quite frankly embarrassing because he thought people would take his opinion more seriously. This is equivalent of that. Let me not get started on the numerous fake transcript sites that are available and so none of this should be taken seriously.
GovJul 9, 2015 9:46 AM
Jul 9, 2015 9:15 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone can put whatever they want on their profile, I don't put anything though.
Jul 9, 2015 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
Bambi_ said:
Have you seen anyone in particular whose done that? Because I haven't.
Like-A-Dance said:
LOL

Ahahaha.

:D :D
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 9, 2015 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
Are all your posts here subtly related to this fued?

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 9, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
_Charl said:
nobody cares about that
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 9, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Lash_ said:
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds
Jul 9, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
Involtus said:
Are all your posts here subtly related to this fued?

Nope, I've seen other people do it too (to a lesser degree, Archangels).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
18 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
24 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.