Forums
New
Rate the Dressrosa Arc
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 19, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 2016
SuperRed said:
Beth_Masey said:

So what if I did enjoy such a "random" flashback more than another's? What's even more of a lmao is that there are people like you who care so much about whatever different thing/s someone else enjoys more or less in something that you have to laugh or mock it. All a matter of opinions and to each their own. Get over it.

It's unfortunate that there are many people like you in the fanbase.

Calm down bro, I just found your opinion funny is all because it looked so hipster to me, you have every right to your opinion and I apologize if it came across like I was insulting you.

Oh. It's just that I've face so many of these type of people during my years that they actually did the sort as a way of mocking me. I apologize.

I really don't see how it sounds so hipster-ish though. I've came across many others who didn't really care much about his past or just found it the usual tragic one as well.
May 19, 2016 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
Beth_Masey said:
SuperRed said:

Calm down bro, I just found your opinion funny is all because it looked so hipster to me, you have every right to your opinion and I apologize if it came across like I was insulting you.

Oh. It's just that I've face so many of these type of people during my years that they actually did the sort as a way of mocking me. I apologize.

I really don't see how it sounds so hipster-ish though. I've came across many others who didn't really care much about his past or just found it the usual tragic one as well.

Compared to a few years ago? Yeah, I suppose you're right. The fanbase is now becoming more and more unafraid of both acknowledging and expressing criticism towards the series compared to years before (usually while bashing people that disagrees even in a constructive or understandable way). Many did so in this arc from what I've acknowledged overall, and many did so in the PH and Fishmen arcs as well. Many are also not overrating the series as factually the best thing ever in anime/manga or existence like so many have done in the fanbase a few years ago and before that. Many still are, no doubt, but not as much as before.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazMay 19, 2016 12:22 PM
May 19, 2016 10:55 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
Mikasa said:
Damn, the OP hype is completely destroyed by now.

Seriously? Sorry to say this but this is just wishful thinking on your part since you are pretty much the most biased and biggest OP hater on this whole site. Currently the hype is actually quite strong and One Piece gains more and more popularity day after day, which you can especially see from the amount of ratings and favourites One Piece gets. A few more weeks and One Piece will actually be the most favourited manga on MAL. Welp, but think whatever you want and stay angry. :)
May 19, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2012
De_Baer said:
Mikasa said:
Damn, the OP hype is completely destroyed by now.

Seriously? Sorry to say this but this is just wishful thinking on your part since you are pretty much the most biased and biggest OP hater on this whole site. Currently the hype is actually quite strong and One Piece gains more and more popularity day after day, which you can especially see from the amount of ratings and favourites One Piece gets. A few more weeks and One Piece will actually be the most favourited manga on MAL. Welp, but think whatever you want and stay angry. :)

It's true at least on MAL. Back in 2013, OP was more positively received than even HxH. Any negative comment was met with a lot of fans. The review section only had positive reviews at the top. That all seems to be gone from 2015 onwards, negative comments about the series is normal. I barely see a lot of fanboys for it. A lot of negative reviews are in the top, before the removal of the non-helpful reviews. Literally all the first page of reviews of the anime were negative except for two.

It's not that it's gaining popularity, the site is gaining a lot of users in the past 2 years. Naturally the stats for all the known manga/anime are increased.
May 19, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
Beth_Masey said:
Beth_Masey said:

Compared to a few years ago? Yeah, I suppose you're right. The fanbase is now becoming more and more unafraid of both acknowledging and expressing criticism towards the series compared to years before (usually while bashing people that disagrees even in a constructive or understandable way). Many did so in this arc from what I've acknowledged overall, and many did so in the PH and Fishmen arcs as well. Many are also not overrating the series as factually the best thing ever in anime/manga or existence like so many have done in the fanbase a few years ago and before that. Many still are, no doubt, but not as much as before.
Yeah they had become more docile now that they are quite divided and unsure themselves. OP is falling through the ranks and newer series are performing much better in the story department.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazMay 19, 2016 12:23 PM
End Zionazism
May 19, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
Doflamingo was a great villain and i stand by that.
Other then that, it was a boring arc and it was too dragged out.
7/10 maybe..
Hard to rate since i love OP too much x)

VonSchiller said:
I'm still at the Punk Hazard arc but a friend of mine is hyping the Dressrossa arc like crazy. He told me that the Dressrossa arc is better than the Marineford arc. Is that true? Kinda looking forward to it.

Your friend must be trolling you.
May 19, 2016 11:32 AM
TheCook

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
It's not that it's gaining popularity, the site is gaining a lot of users in the past 2 years. Naturally the stats for all the known manga/anime are increased.

Nope, the One Piece manga not only has the biggest growing rate when it comes to members but also constantly gets high ratings. And it is not only here on MAL. You should get around some more, there are many other sites on the net where you can see the same happening.

PS: The anime does not really count since it has been leagues worse than the manga for years, due to cheap animation and horrible pacing. It rightfully dropped in the rankings. The manga on the other hand still easily holds its place among the top 10 and its rating did not drop a single digit. Just go here for example: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=33 You see a whole lot of positive reviews and most of them are even detailed and not just fanboy rambling. The lower rated reviews on the other hand consist mainly of nonsense and you can clearly see that they are written by haters. Not much different from MAL actually.

Mikasa said:
Yeah they had become more docile now that they are quite divided and unsure themselves. OP is falling through the ranks and newer series are performing much better in the story department.

Where do you even get this from? You are just making baseless assumptions and nothing more. One Piece is still one of the highest ranked shounen manga on pretty much every relevant anime and manga site on the net. It also still regularly gets ranked #1 or #2 in the WSJ rankings and the sales are as high as ever. The supposed "fall of One Piece" has never happened and it is highly doubtful it will ever happen until the end of the series. Your assumptions have pretty much nothing to do with reality.
De_BaerMay 19, 2016 12:04 PM
May 19, 2016 12:27 PM

May 2015
Mikasa said:
OP is falling through the ranks and newer series are performing much better in the story department.

Um, number four on MAL all time ranking, ranked number one in TOC yesterday, ranked number two before that, lead color page before that, number two before that. Consistently high sales, yeah okay O.o.

Is anyone going to talk about the series itself or? Are just gonna go completely off-topic or skip around the subject anyway?
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 19, 2016 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
4/10

+Only the best strawhats are in it
+Most of the executives were cool
+The coliseum was good (except for Sabo and Rebecca parts)
+The fight with Don Chinjao

-Barely any interaction between the crew (Not that here has been any since the TS)
-Rebecca
-The Tontatta tribe
-Didn't care about Gear 4
-Build-up that leads to nothing
-Rebecca
-Bartolomeo was getting really annoying near the end
-Sabo becoming Ace
-Way too much new characters, only a few were good/funny/interesting
-Too long, could have been a lot shorter without losing anything essential
-Doflamingo was disappointing
-Rebecca

Not as garbage as Fishman Island, but not as good as Punk Hazard.

Fuck Rebecca.
May 19, 2016 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
ashfrliebert said:
Mikasa said:
OP is falling through the ranks and newer series are performing much better in the story department.

Um, number four on MAL all time ranking, ranked number one in TOC yesterday, ranked number two before that, lead color page before that, number two before that. Consistently high sales, yeah okay O.o.

Is anyone going to talk about the series itself or? Are just gonna go completely off-topic or skip around the subject anyway?

Mikasa thinks JoJo's Bizzare Adventure was influenced by Hunter x Hunter despite the fact that over half of the JoJo franchise was in existence before HxH started, yeah I don't think he has any room to talk about actual facts.
May 19, 2016 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Mikasa said:

Um... not really, it's highly ranked (tho the ranks in the magazine, and on mal for that matter, don't mean shit, Oda stated that the rankings in the magazine don't mean that much, or something like that, can't remember what he said exactly) in the magazine, sales are good, actually it dominates everything.... BUT it's still a average shonen, I mean for me where One Piece shines the most, and I think most people follow this series for the same reason(s), which is... it's world building, without a doubt this manga has one of the most interesting fictional worlds, and it's pretty 'creative' (at times), and that is a very strong point, especially for a adventure manga, and I love adventure themed stories, which puts it above your average shonen manga like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai, Magi etc... BUT it's very repetitive, like it's naratives are repetitive, with the exception of a few arcs here and there. I love One Piece, and it has its flaws... honestly it sales a lot and... well I get why people love it so much, but in all honesty it's just a above average manga (to me). Other than that... I don't know, the fights are entertaining, most of Luffy's fights (he's the main character so it's 'normal' to get the best fights), some of Zoro's, and other characters which are badass and are not the strawhats (most of the strawhats fights are forgettable in all honesty, with the exception of Luffy and Zoro as I said).
metsujinMay 19, 2016 1:09 PM
May 19, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
ashfrliebert said:
Mikasa said:

Sales dropping by more than 50%, widespread negative response to the recent arcs, MAL entries dropping significantly despite a large fanbase number. Those are the facts.

Why in terms of the series? Well Oda has completely run out of ideas, he hadn't had any good ones at all in the last decade but it was good a grazing ground for the average joe who'd just eat them up regardless, but now not even that. Repetition, extremely overused cliches and horrendous characters, are the main players in the series' downfall.
End Zionazism
May 19, 2016 4:58 PM

May 2015
Mikasa said:

Sales dropping by more than 50%, widespread negative response to the recent arcs, MAL entries dropping significantly despite a large fanbase number. Those are the facts.

But it's not really being overtaken by anything.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1458193

and Oricon top selling in total sales and volumes respectively
http://www.oricon.co.jp/special/48458/7/
http://www.oricon.co.jp/special/48458/5/

Still clearly selling. Alot more than anything else. Just the last two weeks. So it's not falling through any rank, assuming a manga already as popular as One Piece is at the current moment and has been for awhile would ever get axed. Still a cash cow.

ps. i knew bleach was declining but wow lol

Fourteen million sales.

Sales have nothing to do with quality anyway so. You say it's been trash the last decade and in, I don't know, 2010(?) it overtook Dragon Ball in total sales(with double the volumes, but that's besides the point).
Why in terms of the series? Well Oda has completely run out of ideas, he hadn't had any good ones at all in the last decade but it was good a grazing ground for the average joe who'd just eat them up regardless, but now not even that. Repetition, extremely overused cliches and horrendous characters, are the main players in the series' downfall.

I wasn't specifically specific, one specific arc in the series, to be specific. These are all broad things(even if not necessarily wrong), though. I meant actual characters names. Actual plot points, and not in terms of the series in general, in terms of Dressrosa since this is the Dressrosa thread. MAL does have a tendency to stray completely and entirely away from the actual subject at hand by poking around it, so can we not now? :P
ashfrliebertMay 19, 2016 5:14 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 19, 2016 11:17 PM

Nov 2010
the sales dropped by 50% only if you have no idea what the presented numbers actually mean, which is obviously the case here

truth be told one piece hasn't dropped in sales one bit
the average volume sales are pretty much the same ever since the marineford boom, if there was a drop it's like 5% which is basically nothing
Sep 4, 2016 4:07 AM
Sep 2016
This arc was just waaay too boring. I'll give it a 4/10.

Good:
Fights were enjoyable.

Bad:
Took Luffy 10 episodes to get to Doffy.
Bartolomeo's 'Luffy-senpai and Zoro-senpai' were repeated a hundred of times which wasted time of the episodes.
Most of these episodes were showing us literally every detail of what was happening (ex. birdcage becoming smaller, Luffy going on top, etc ...). Too many unnecessary stuff were shown, which downgraded the vote of mine.
Sep 4, 2016 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
Kimbab said:
This arc was just waaay too boring. I'll give it a 4/10.

Good:
Fights were enjoyable.

Bad:
Took Luffy 10 episodes to get to Doffy.
Bartolomeo's 'Luffy-senpai and Zoro-senpai' were repeated a hundred of times which wasted time of the episodes.
Most of these episodes were showing us literally every detail of what was happening (ex. birdcage becoming smaller, Luffy going on top, etc ...). Too many unnecessary stuff were shown, which downgraded the vote of mine.

Fights were good? Huh..
End Zionazism
Sep 4, 2016 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
2/10

Everything about that arc was a mess.
Sep 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
4/10 it was a HUGE pain for the anime
Nov 2, 2016 3:57 PM

Jun 2015
Everything that happened before the final fight(s) was great, the ending itself was rather generic.
Also, it had too many mediocre characters (but some really great ones).
I'd say 7/10.
Nov 3, 2016 11:37 AM
Oct 2014
Uninteresting new characters, predictable endless side fights involving goons always biting the dust after 3-4 chapters, way too slow-paced, underwhelming final boss fight pretty much ruining the said final boss.... It's like reading a Bleach arc but with One Piece characters.
Nov 16, 2016 3:56 AM
Nov 2015
Dressrossa has a good villain with good written character. It has its dark side and its dramic side.

I liked Gear 4th and Doflamingo, I liked the dolls thing. Zoro fighting. I liked CP-0 & Fujitora. I liked Law & Cora-san back story.

Two things I hated: Overusing Drama & leeeeeength. It has some meaningless episodes.

A strong 8 !
Nov 16, 2016 3:57 AM
Nov 2015
VonSchiller said:
I'm still at the Punk Hazard arc but a friend of mine is hyping the Dressrossa arc like crazy. He told me that the Dressrossa arc is better than the Marineford arc. Is that true? Kinda looking forward to it.

It's my 2nd fav arc after the actual arc in the manga. Dressrossa is about 4th or 5th. But it's enjoyable if you skip some episodes.
Nov 16, 2016 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
oscar8784 said:
3/10. the only good thing about this arc is doflamingo

My thoughts exactly.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.